Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
If he stops talking to Vampiro mid match, it may change his fortune

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Did anybody else notice that Bagel Bites is an official sponsor now?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
That finish was pretty WWE as gently caress

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Vampiro, kindly advisor

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Holy crap this should be some good poo poo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
uh oh a new maestro for pumachet?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And y'all were trying to tell me Pentagon wasn't heel.

I dunno, I question that decision.

He's always been a loving heel

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

He's just a heel that the crowd loves very much, sort of in the same category as Mil Muertes. I guess he flipped a bit tweener when he was trying to dethrone Muertes, but he's never been a technico, that's for sure.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

The Senator Giroux posted:

Was that a guitar behind Honky for a split second or am I crazy?

You were not crazy!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hate being That Guy but I really was not a fan of that episode. Maybe it's because I genuinely think Pentagon should be the Ace of LU and he's basically an afterthought, and it's not even an underdog story. He powered up and is still a loser rear end in a top hat in this booking.

Benne posted:

And if a guy gets that loving beloved and marketable you don't keep him that way. Sure, turn him antihero like, say, Austin, who was never a textbook face, but give fans reasons to cheer him instead of making him a dude who loses and is then an rear end in a top hat about it.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I hate being That Guy but I really was not a fan of that episode. Maybe it's because I genuinely think Pentagon should be the Ace of LU and he's basically an afterthought, and it's not even an underdog story. He powered up and is still a loser rear end in a top hat in this booking.

And if a guy gets that loving beloved and marketable you don't keep him that way. Sure, turn him antihero like, say, Austin, who was never a textbook face, but give fans reasons to cheer him instead of making him a dude who loses and is then an rear end in a top hat about it.

You don't cheer for someone who is so salty he tries to break his opponents arms?
Weird standards there.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean, calling him an afterthought when he had the main event against Mysterio is a bit off. This is still the start of the season and the story they are starting with is "Pentagon needs to focus" and "he's made a bunch of enemies" which is following on all his character build over the last two seasons.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, if Pentagon's whole story in LU so far has been "he's looking for guidance from others but it never works out how he wants, so he burns his bridges and moves onto the next one," and he's just now realized he has to Believe In Himself, they're not going to immediately make him the top dog, story-wise. He's one fight out from deciding he doesn't need some new teacher, so I can see it taking time to actually start seeing progress.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
There was something really interesting in this episode that I won't be able to discuss with the thread until nearly the end of the season, if you're wondering how long they plan some of this poo poo out. Posting this so I can quote it like next year sometime

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

StarkRavingMad posted:

There was something really interesting in this episode that I won't be able to discuss with the thread until nearly the end of the season, if you're wondering how long they plan some of this poo poo out. Posting this so I can quote it like next year sometime

I have a question about something I saw that reminds me of something you mentioned in the spoilers thread, so I'll take my question there.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

StarkRavingMad posted:

I mean, calling him an afterthought when he had the main event against Mysterio is a bit off. This is still the start of the season and the story they are starting with is "Pentagon needs to focus" and "he's made a bunch of enemies" which is following on all his character build over the last two seasons.

I guess but he's still a losing rear end in a top hat right now.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
The point is he's not going to learn until he hits another hurdle and gets humbled again. It's a sine wave that has the highs goes further up, not a direct uphill curve for Pentagon. Also, LU never truely starts until Aztec Warfare, so don't take one loss as, "they're ruining him," already.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

The point is he's not going to learn until he hits another hurdle and gets humbled again. It's a sine wave that has the highs goes further up, not a direct uphill curve for Pentagon. Also, LU never truely starts until Aztec Warfare, so don't take one loss as, "they're ruining him," already.

Fair, I'm probably also more soured on it because of some poo poo I was spoiled on, which while not directly related, is...welp.

Does Killshot have a legit military background or is that a gimmick? I'd check Wikipedia, but...welp.

I just ended those both with "...welp." Huh.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Fair, I'm probably also more soured on it because of some poo poo I was spoiled on, which while not directly related, is...welp.

Does Killshot have a legit military background or is that a gimmick? I'd check Wikipedia, but...welp.

I just ended those both with "...welp." Huh.

I read somewhere that he was army reserves for awhile, but it may have just been a post on a message board or something, I'm not sure if that is like verified fact. There was this cool interview where he talks about how they retooled the character between S1 and S2:

quote:

“After season one ended and we had that long six month break, a lot of guys on the roster weren’t sure about what was going on, I took time and just wrote a back story. I took time to add more depth to the character because after season one there was no back story, I pretty much got integrated into the system with Big Ryck and Willie Mack. So I wanted more depth and I took it upon myself to write a back story. I wrote about three different synopses for the character, I pitched it to one of the head writers and he loved it, and he took it and kind of combined all three of those ideas that I took and made it what you saw in season two, with the back story and being captured and put away for 13 months overseas. Right then and there you can understand why my character is the way with he is. He’s very to himself, he suffers from PTSD a little bit, he doesn’t like being in front of cameras, so the character doesn’t gloat a lot, he’s not a big show man to the fans, but at the same time he gives off a certain type of charisma that the fans can still understand and gravitate to. That’s why the move set is flashy at points but it’s very direct, it’s always moving, one hit strikes. It was very important for me, very intuitive for the character, the move set had to match the personality of the character. The look had to match how I move. Everything had to come full circle and I feel like in season 2, I was really able to show that to the fans and the fans understood it.”

“We have the best athletes in the world on Lucha Underground, I can’t just be another guy who can do all the athletic stuff, I had to find another way to grasp the fans, and so I did it with character.”

Strickland seems like a pretty cool and chill guy from what I've seen in interviews.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's a gimmick and his stolen valor is a shoe in for most disgusting promotional tactic

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/773700750539010048

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I loved the mute (injured) Jack Evans just sitting there in scenes like :stare:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah LU is back. I'm so into this again.

Marty the Moth is the best character on the show, Pentagon Dark is the best ongoing story, Vampiro/Puma is the best new development (if he's looking for a new disciple that is).

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Rey's new chest ink makes him look like he's wearing a big lacy bra.

There's a decent chunk of the taping season where Ivelisse reinjured her ankle, isn't there? Or was that between tapings?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
pentagon dark rules

matanza rules

son of havoc rules

dario cueto FUCKEN rules

sexy star is alright i guess

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The loving lucha underground twitter seemed to just post gifs of the show live as it was happening, so that's loving annoying.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The wikipedia dorks are having a big argument over this, as their argument for their spoiler policy and title time line was based on them saying no one could prove they filmed poo poo out of order.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

ICHIBAHN posted:

The loving lucha underground twitter seemed to just post gifs of the show live as it was happening, so that's loving annoying.

I had to stop following them during episodes because they're a good 30-60 seconds ahead of the Fubo stream.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Why the gently caress do they do that. Surely only a small portion of the audience is watching live. Even smaller a number are watching live following the LU twitter. What the gently caress is the point.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Because they need to post them ahead of the people who gif wrestling as it airs on twitter

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

sticklefifer posted:

Rey's new chest ink makes him look like he's wearing a big lacy bra.

There's a decent chunk of the taping season where Ivelisse reinjured her ankle, isn't there? Or was that between tapings?

Yup, Ivelisse is out for a big chunk of the season. So is Angelico.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Okay gonna start watching LucIS THAT THE loving HONKY TONK MAN!?! :vince:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Jerusalem posted:

"One Giant Key" is when i realized this show should get an emmy and a people's choice award and a grammy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Capsaicin posted:

"One Giant Key" is when i realized this show should get an emmy and a people's choice award and a grammy

Yeah I loving loved that, great delivery by Honky too.

Dario oinking at Vampiro :lol:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Skinty McEdger posted:

The wikipedia dorks are having a big argument over this, as their argument for their spoiler policy and title time line was based on them saying no one could prove they filmed poo poo out of order.

I thought they already did prove that, and then the wikinerds just dug in their heels about spoiling people anyway.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Capsaicin posted:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jerusalem posted:

I had the same exact reaction.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yup, Ivelisse is out for a big chunk of the season. So is Angelico.
So her challenging Catrina was taped after her injury happened and is now used to cover for it, I guess.

It also reminds me how Ivelisse is having rotten luck with her injuries.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Angelico gets injured multiple times during Season 3 :(

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Angelico gets injured multiple times during Season 3 :(

Kind of, he comes back from the same leg injury he's still recovering from at the end of season 2, and then fucks up his elbow shortly afterward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
I can't remember, is anyone here going to be at the Paley Center tonight? And if so, what are our chances on a trip report?

• Locked thread