Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

a hole-y ghost posted:

Cool, I love my food to be served inside a toilet paper tube.

upon inspection, with eyes, it looks like thats just a sticker that holds the paper wrapper closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Jokes on you op you were in japon

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Haverchuck posted:

upon inspection, with eyes, it looks like thats just a sticker that holds the paper wrapper closed
Good, inspect it with your anus next time you loving weirdo

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

There was a food truck near where I used to work that my friend loved, like he would not ranting about how much he loved the 'sushi nachos' there.

I went with him one time and no loving joke, the sushi nachos turned out to be Doritos sprinkled with tuna and spicy mayo

Raw tuna or cooked?

I'm seriously hoping to hear that it was a plate of Doritos that someone just dumped a regular can of tuna fish on.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
sushi burrito sounds like something guaranteed to give you some kind of infection/parasite/explosive diarrhea

what the gently caress

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

a hole-y ghost posted:

Good, inspect it with your anus next time you loving weirdo

the blind people keep asking "but why does it have to go on my anus" and i keep telling them its because its the most sensitive part of their body and they get great resolution but they keep using the roof of their mouths like plebs, i even told them "yeah well you know you only get 800x600 with that" while i gingerly inserted my device

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
WHAT THE FXXX!!!??

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
That would be pretty awesome for dias de los muertos.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
So I guess this dude is Japanese. Ok.
He seems very butt mad he couldn't afford Kobe beef in Japan.

quote:

It's Wagu, There is NO Bobe Beef in US, period.

It's a pathetic Japo Yuppy place.
Pathetic Japo Yuppy= Bananas.

What the FXXX with the Kobe beef poo poo ?
Is Kobe beef is THE MOST IMPORTANT BEEF?
Do you think that all people who lives in Kobe can get Kobe beef for free? Hell No!
I am from Kobe but I have never had it before.
Kobe beef is just another snobish, over spoild, too rich piece of crap for only the rich politician and Emperor family can affort.
FXXX the poo poo.
I always hate the rich high society poo poo like Kobe beef.
Because I am a cheap and poor divorced man with 2 kids.

But one thing that I don't understand is that why Izaka-Ya has Kobe Beef to begin with.
Like the Motsu-Nikomi, this is organs stew Japanese way,
they use chicken, pork and beef organs,
this dish used be a most cheap dish, Motsu-no-Miso-Nikomi, it calls "Dote-Yaki" in Osaka, in Izaka-Ya in Japan.
But, this place uses Kobe beef for the stew, why?
It doesn't make any sense for Izaka-ya that I think it should be.

By the way, what the hell is Kobe style?
There is no style in Kobe, is it?
Kobe is the city has big Korean, Chinese and Okinawan people. I believe that they started Izaka-Ya in Kobe after WW-2.
So, Kobe style is pretty much mixed between Korean and Chinese, I guess.

Izaka-Ya type place should be great cheap place, for regular, ordinary people like me.
Not for snobish rich people.
Oh, Sorry, this is "Izakaya Style" in San Francisco, Not real Izaka-Ya, I forgot about that.
Izakaya become Yuppy place!
I hate yuppies!

I was with my great friends so we had a great time to make a fun of it.
We were 4 of us, a good looking black lady and her Scots-man friend and my Irish gf and myself. We were having too much fun and laughing so much so that the couple sat right next to us, they moved away from us to the other table.

We ordered most of the appetizer.
They came cold.

One star for the good booz.
One star for the parking.

The Food Sucks!
Another Hip YoYo FuFu Japo Fusion poo poo!
I didn't like any of it!
I won't go back.
I still don't like the "Izaka-Ya style" places in the city.
Pseudo-Japo!
Hime goes to my Pseudo Japanese list.

http://www.yelp.com/list_details?list_id=s2kB2rQMnXv63bemRFFo2Q

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

whos ready for some haunted sushi???

quote:

So supposedly this used to be a funeral home which might creep out some people.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I'd eat ghost sushi

Mnemosyne posted:

Raw tuna or cooked?

I'm seriously hoping to hear that it was a plate of Doritos that someone just dumped a regular can of tuna fish on.

Also I think it was actual sushi-grade raw tuna on top of Doritos and drizzled with delicious mayo sauce
I tried a bite of his and it was terrible.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
That sushi too spooky.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Who doesn't drown sushi in soy??? Also I'd eat ghost sushi or sushi on a ghost. However they do it.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
LUNCH SPECIAL

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

how me a frog posted:

Lol you mix wasabi in the soy sauce like an rear end in a top hat.

Wait what are you supposed to do with it? Just, like, eat chunks of wasabi in between pieces of sushi or something?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
they take you into a dark room

"AND THESE WERE THE DEAD MAN'S BRAAAIIIIINS"
*puts your hand into bowl of spicy tuna*

s0j
May 17, 2003

get fucked, round-eye

doobster dreams of sushi

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

how me a frog posted:

Lol you mix wasabi in the soy sauce like an rear end in a top hat.

It's a good and delicious thing to do. All your dumb proper sushi rules are objectively inferior.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

they take you into a dark room

"AND THESE WERE THE DEAD MAN'S BRAAAIIIIINS"
*puts your hand into bowl of spicy tuna*

MORE HOT SAUCE, MORE SRIRACHA TUNA SASHIMI!!!!

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
konichiwa, I am looking for a dish that will leave me shooting bright red liquid from my rear end in a top hat, do you have any suggestions?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

konichiwa, I am looking for a dish that will leave me shooting bright red liquid from my rear end in a top hat, do you have any suggestions?
go no further than haunted sushi in burnaby

"LAS VEGAS ROLL"

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Wait what are you supposed to do with it? Just, like, eat chunks of wasabi in between pieces of sushi or something?

at many places if you order nigiri they put a little dab of it bewteen the fish and the rice. I guess if you want more you just put a little blob right on the piece youre about to eat. I just mix it with the soy thought because nobody cares

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

"LAS VEGAS ROLL"
I like sawdust and mustard on my sliced churros, too

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

I like sawdust and mustard on my sliced churros, too

quote:

Pretty scary considering this use to be a crematorium ... but i tried to not think about that when eating my dinner.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
There used to be a place in my town that's owned and solely operated by an old japanese guy. He has a big list of preposterous rules you have to follow or he wont serve you. He has the paper checkbox style menu, most of the time he'll take it and look at it, and then totally disregard it and just serve you whatever he feels like making

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

"LAS VEGAS ROLL"

I bet they call it that because what happens in the las vegas roll stays in the las vegas roll and it looks exactly like that when you poo poo it out.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Grand Prize Winner posted:

hold the chopsticks points together and stab downward into the wasabi, tip them towards you and scrape along the plate to smear some between them. now pick up and eat your sushi

:goonsay:

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
in japan I saw japanese people mixing soy sauce and wasabi.
I also saw some that did not dip but poured a small amount of soy sauce.
And some who dunked.

I'm sure there is a formal and polite way to eat sushi but in casual everyday life it seems every one had their own way to eat it like anything else and that's okay.

anyone who says it bad and wrong to eat fuckin sushi a certain way is an on the spectrum weeaboo. Especially if it's just in some casual little sushi bar or god drat take out.

Also, wasabi come on the sushi in between the rice and fish by default in japan.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

It used to be a crematorium but now they use another method to dispose of the bodies.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Haverchuck posted:

There used to be a place in my town that's owned and solely operated by an old japanese guy. He has a big list of preposterous rules you have to follow or he wont serve you. He has the paper checkbox style menu, most of the time he'll take it and look at it, and then totally disregard it and just serve you whatever he feels like making

There is a sushi place near me run by a guy who is there every night and as far as I can tell drinking every night on the job as well. If you sit at the bar you will get free sake and probably asked to toast.

He's a pretty cool guy and also his wife is constantly exasperated.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

They put these two sauces in front of your face at literally every sushi restaurant but I swear to GOD if you loving use them...

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Haverchuck posted:

I would love this place.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Smashmouf eat the sushi

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
i woulda told that passive aggressive gently caress face that everybody in america loves salt on everything

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
Here our Japanese friend Nobu K. goes full sperg

quote:

What do you get when you at Sushi House?
Jiveassroll and got diarrhea.
That's what you get for all your trouble
I'll never goin' in Sushi again

What do you get when you at Sushi House?
A guy with chopsticks to burst your Roll
That's what you get for all your trouble

Don't tell me what it's all about
'Cause I've been there and I'm glad I'm out
Out of those Rolls those Sashimis that bind you
That is why I'm here to remind you

What do you get when you got the Tempura-Bento Box?
You got it all broken up and battered
That's what you get, a heart that's shattered

..............fxxx.
..............poo poo.
............., jesus christ.
............., mozafxxer.

I'll stay with the Terryyucky beef because it's safer here.

One of the Food Network Chef, Giada De Laurentiis has such a big head.
I think that her body proportion is same as a marionette of "Thunderbirds Are Go!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K9rVRuehGU

I loved that show so much when I was a kid.
I still get goosebumps when I hear the theme song.

Btw, Giada De "Giant head" said something funny on her show.
She was in Chicago having poo poo in Chicago like .. Fruit Sushi Maki-Roll.
?
She said, "Maki-Roll."
Fruit Sushi is strange enough but "Maki-Roll"?
Fxxx, Maki means "Roll" in Japanese.
Idiot!
That's like sayin' "Roll-Roll." or "Maki-Maki".
Like say'in ATM-Machine, Shii-Take-Mushroom and such.
Why do you have to say the same thing twice in one name?

I think Giada is cute but she creeps me out every time when I see her on TV because it reminds me of the marionettes. And I just don't like her that much of her over acting.

I like Julia Child because she is always herself, I have never seen her over acting.

Oh, Yes, about the Sushi House.
How about it?
Nothin'
It's Nothing.
I just keep my mouth shut, myself cool and polite to all my friends who thinks the Sushi House provides good Japanese. That's all

That was the last update, he updated the review twice. Both times were crazy as FXXX!

A 1 star review of Sushi House by Nobu K.:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/sushi-house-san-bruno?hrid=lerY8XTjUoTRccvUf70JrQ&utm_source=ashare&ref=yelp-android

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDL8yu34fz0

Please educate yourself on how to properly prepare and eat sushi, as well as tradition and lore surrounding this special dish

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
we put salt on our coffee ffs

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDL8yu34fz0

Please educate yourself on how to properly prepare and eat sushi, as well as tradition and lore surrounding this special dish

needs more tempura flakes and spicy mayo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

King of Bees posted:

I would love this place.

from a yelp review from a couple years ago:

He has a well-deserved reputation for being a bit cantankerous. I asked a couple of "wrong" questions the first couple of times I came in. Lots of stuff on the menu just isn't available, and if you ask for it, you are asking for trouble. Standing at the counter and waiting for him to take your order is a Grade 1 insult. Just sit down. If you're alone, don't sit at one of the 3 tables that can handle more than 1 person. Wait quietly and he will ask you what you want when he's ready to do so. Know what you want before he asks, and make sure you have a backup in case what you ask for isn't really available. Because half of the menu items aren't really available at all.

This is a man who sells food for almost cost, and refuses any attempt to leave him a tip. In fact if you push him on it, he will remember you and decline to take your order next time.

• Locked thread