Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Moridin920 posted:

This gets more true the farther east you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtSSsu9u5YY

look for: squatting, rinsing off cookware in river water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Drunk Nerds posted:

I want to hear more about Europeans sucking at steak

Is married a European and she freaked when I served her a well marbled prime sirloin steak cook rare/MR an inch thick. Then I went to London and had a steak frites at a popular independent steak house. It was a half inch thick gray piece of poo poo leather. And this was the price I could get a 20 oz porterhouse for in the states. At least they made Worcestershire sauce which I like with steak. This purpose of this story was to give you a personal recollection of steaks I've had before.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I ate sushi made by a Mexican man at an all you can eat Chinese buffet in Georgia and it cost like $8.99 and it was the most bomb rear end sushi meal I ever had. America owns.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

personable decorum posted:

This seems like a very privileged based biased opinion.

it could be, it's just been my experience

King of Bees posted:

Is married a European and she freaked when I served her a well marbled prime sirloin steak cook rare/MR an inch thick. Then I went to London and had a steak frites at a popular independent steak house. It was a half inch thick gray piece of poo poo leather. And this was the price I could get a 20 oz porterhouse for in the states. At least they made Worcestershire sauce which I like with steak. This purpose of this story was to give you a personal recollection of steaks I've had before.

that's what i'm saying

I really don't understand it's like it is an eldritch sorcery to them to make a decent steak

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
see at first i thought that was just some joke thing some dude made and took a photo of to put on the internet... but is that really a thing on a menu somewhere?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Moridin920 posted:

see at first i thought that was just some joke thing some dude made and took a photo of to put on the internet... but is that really a thing on a menu somewhere?

I see you've never had musubi which is awesome.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hawaiians reaaaally enjoy their spam.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

King of Bees posted:

I see you've never had musubi which is awesome.

i guess thats technically musubi but 1/10 for presentation

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Haverchuck posted:

i guess thats technically musubi but 1/10 for presentation

Yep

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
musubi is really good btw

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

THIS THREAD IS JUST GETTING WARMED UP BABY WELCOME TO FLAVOR TOWN.

quote:

1. NEW! Screaming Gobbler Roll $7.95* Roasted turkey, jalapeņos, pepper jack, avocados, green onions, mayonnaise, and sriracha mayonnaise wrapped in sushi rice and tapioca paper. First you'll gobble, then you'll scream.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I'd eat it though

i'd gobble it, then i'd scream

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
the fake menu items people make up to clown on Guy F aren't even that far off

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

numberoneposter posted:

That sounds pretty good, anyone who actually cares what other people think about what foods they eat is an idiot

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

That sounds pretty good, anyone who actually cares what other people think about what foods they eat is an idiot

nice self burn jahha

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Guy looking cool as gently caress in that picture, no lie I would hang with Guy Fieri and eat his ridiculous food.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

numberoneposter posted:

whos ready for some haunted sushi???

The BEST review of the Haunted Sushi Chalet. Maybe the best review.

quote:

It looks like a chalet and so we went in. Wife wanted sushi and we stopped in here. Why not?
Ait is close by my travel route to my place. There is nothing here to set the place apart from other hole in the wall sushi places, but it is fine. Not sure why women like sushi, but I don't have a problem. I've tried many times and all of them are poor and we all know Oriental service. Nothing is outstanding, but nothing is bad and the prices are right for a weeknight dinner wife.
weeknight dinner wife

We all know Oriental service...

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

numberoneposter posted:

Serving on a guitar is by far the worst thing in this set

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

take me to flavor town daddy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i want daddy's sushies

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
strict sushi silver daddy

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I too like Salt, OP

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
i really hate sweet potatoes, but sweet potato sushi rolls are loving delicious as a dessert

also lol what a terrible waitress, good way to lose customers

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

also lol what a terrible waitress, good way to lose customers
Who are you talking to??

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I am going to eat some discount sushi tonight with my mum after a workout.

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

It looks like a chalet and so we went in.
Hell, why not?

numberoneposter posted:

Not sure why women like sushi, but I don't have a problem.
Same

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Our sushi reviewing friend as an old blog...
http://sushidudespeaks.blogspot.com/2010/02/macys-mens-message-to-all-women.html?m=1

He's very upset about gays and cucks in this "review" of Macy's or something idk.

quote:

What's goin'on for straight men these days ?
What's wrong with them?
More likely "CXXX" male version, because they are Dickless Son of a Bitch.
There are many "CXXX-man" in straight male.
They don't love you but they just FXXX you!
So, it doesn't matter "it" is a Picnic Table or Woman!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

bookmarked voted 5

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

personable decorum posted:

I am going to eat some discount sushi tonight with my mum after a workout.
Good, what kind of sushi are you going to eat??

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

mdm posted:

sushi burrito sounds like something guaranteed to give you some kind of infection/parasite/explosive diarrhea

what the gently caress

Technically it's just a giant sushi roll that hasn't been sliced. The part that might give you parasites or diarrhea is that they often come from a food truck.

I've seen people eating them, but I haven't personally tried them myself. I kind of want to, but every time I think to check, the truck seems to be far away. I'm also pretty sure I could barely eat half of one anyway, that is a fuckload of really densely packed rice.

On a different topic, I'm just going to bitch for a second about the fact that I can't find any sushi places out here that serve real crab. California rolls are only ok if they include real crabmeat; not because I care about "sushi authenticity" or whatever, but because imitation crabmeat is an insult to humanity. I went to a new place last year, and asked them if they had real crabmeat, and they said yes. So I ordered a roll with real crabmeat and got what appeared to be chopped up imitation crab mixed with mayo in my roll. :barf:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah even really nice places still use that imitation crab stuff idk what the deal is.

I assume because if they don't have California rolls on the menu people wig out and they're not gonna bother prepping fresh crab just for those bozos but then again it is in a bunch of other rolls too so :shrug:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
imitation crab isn't too shabby. you guys are dummies

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

Good, what kind of sushi are you going to eat??
try to find the worst sushi in town and post pics

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's because eating crabs is stupid. Butchering crabs is a ton of work for tiny amounts of meat and basically human beings shouldn't eat crabs unless stranded on a desert island.

Put up with imitation crab or just don't eat crab. gently caress crab meat.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'll still eat it i just dunno what the deal is with it being so ubiquitous

there's some places that put it in almost every roll and I'm just like why my dudes

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Chomp8645 posted:

It's because eating crabs is stupid. Butchering crabs is a ton of work for tiny amounts of meat and basically human beings shouldn't eat crabs unless stranded on a desert island.

Wow, never had fresh Dungeness crab huh?

Nice meltdown tho

Those imitation krab sticks are stupid popular in japan. It's like their sting cheese. It's everywhere in convenient packaging.

E: I think they prefer it to real crab, never saw any real crab while I was over there.:shrug:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Moridin920 posted:

I'll still eat it i just dunno what the deal is with it being so ubiquitous

I think of it being more like a kind of fish cake rather than an attempt at emulating real crab. it is 'its own thing'

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Chomp8645 posted:

have you ever been to a crab place on the atlantic seaboard? like where you get a big pile of steamed crabs and canned beer? its a regional summertime social activity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Chomp8645 posted:

Them's fightin' words.

Crabs are the best.

• Locked thread