Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Beet Wagon posted:

I think Er_Dova's gonna have a meltdown :(

Of all the track suit eastern bloc guys, that guy is the track suitiest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/773977795403710464

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, because that would be really cool. Right up to the point where he gets killed - again. But don't worry though, since you haven't yet grown the balls to accept the fact that he's, you know loving DEAD!, I'm sure that his in-game death - at multiple times - won't have any effects on you.

Get help.

Seriously.

Did we go through a time warp? I'm sure this conversation already happened.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Beet Wagon posted:

I think Er_Dova's gonna have a meltdown :(

Don't reply to me or my ships ever again

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

31 days until Citizen Con.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Chris Ihao posted:

Because the rest of the room got these things in it dumbass:

Now, you go ask your girlfriend or wife "can I please get a seperate room for my gaming pc as well?". :colbert: I feel lucky as hell she lets me have the biggest room in the house for myself.

Why is there exterior siding on the interior of your house, commando?

Tbh I don't really ask my gf for permission to put my stuff where I want to. Like if she wanted me to hand over my HT room or the PC room so she could make a crafting room, or let her have one of the garage spaces, I'd listen politely and tell her no.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

FrankieGoes posted:

Tbh I don't really ask my gf for permission to put my stuff where I want to. Like if she wanted me to hand over my HT room or the PC room so she could make a crafting room, or let her have one of the garage spaces, I'd listen politely and tell her no.
You rebel.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Palisader posted:

Yeah, Derek forgot that Kik is posting gold.
In his defense, he is getting senile, what being fifty something game developer. That's like Three hundred in human years.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Palisader posted:

Sometimes a warlord's gonna warlord, no matter what.

This is why Eversors are kept on ice.

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

Solomonic posted:

Don't reply to me or my ships ever again

This wasn't me Solomonic, just sharing a story I found.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

FrankieGoes posted:

This sounds like solid relationship advice.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

I too have a job that I earn multiple salaries for wherein I run around taking cellphone pictures of other's monitors!
It's great! :toot:
I thought she ragequit social media.

Chris Ihao
Aug 20, 2016

Thats Professor Elemental, my dear Watson

TTerrible posted:

Apologies. I wasn't sure about the plastic thing as that would make you truly very strange. I agree on some natural reverb, I did not analyse things heavily I just saw the solitary foam square chilling out behind the kit and channeled my inner reddit.

No offence taken sir, but appreciated.

In other news:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I am glad Chris is back doing ATV, it gives me another chance to see that laughable wig he wears

Does he put 'Director' after everything now? Director of S42 and SC

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

D1E posted:

This sounds like solid relationship advice.

If she asks again I pack all of her poo poo and put it on the curb.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Sappo569 posted:

I am glad Chris is back doing ATV, it gives me another chance to see that laughable wig he wears

Does he put 'Director' after everything now? Director of S42 and SC

well its not like he can claim to be making a game

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

quote:

Hey all. After watching the latest ATV I thought about something that makes most in game characters lifeless. We don't blink. We don't have the random jaw movement. We don't move our eyebrows.

I think adding such animations to our characters, to occur randomly or in reaction to explosions, combat or loud noises would be great.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to have our vision as players change when we blink. Just having it occur when viewing other players (and when they view us).

Small things like this would add a lot of immersion.

quote:

It's very possible that will be done. Haven't they already shown an NPC that had it's pupils dilate in response to light?

quote:

There's a few things that they can do.

A big one for me, is also having the eyes move before turning the head. When people turn their head their eyes tend to go first, then the rest of the head 'catches up'. The eyes lead, then the head follows.

https://vimeo.com/60326931

But games rarely do this. The animations have the head turn, with the character staring straight ahead. It makes characters look dead.

Another thing is eyes also tend to scan around, rarely focusing in on just one area.

Their facial performance capture gets the eye movements, but that doesn't translate to the regular player characters. With a unified 1st person and 3rd person animation system I'm not sure how stuff like eyes leading the face, eye scan motions, or blinking would even work. I don't think players want their screen going black for 300-400 milliseconds as the character blinks.

quote:

Good suggestions.

I'm sure CIG can get around the issue, my guess is that they set the back of the polygons around the eyes (or wherever the player character camera is) and have those polygons not render from the back. That way the camera can see through the 'face/eyelids' without a problem.

quote:

+1 nice and simple idea.

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

quote:

I think it would be pretty cool if players could make (or lose) money on an in-game stock market. I know players will have minimal influence in the overall economy due to the 90% NPC ratio but I think it would be fun if players could slightly affect a stock market. Your organization could find out which jump point an NPC company uses to run cargo or ore through and temporarily blockade it to the competitor's share price rises a few points.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/yzrHNs3.gifv

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

realistic newtonian physics.

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

quote:

If the game crashes at the launcher over and over again and you never actually get into the game's content, that's still testing. You are still helping the dev team even though it doesn't feel like it.

You should be more disappointed with the gaming industry that has convinced you that alphas and beta are supposed to be like playable demos.

That said, take a break, come back in a year or two or focus on a different game entirely. As a slightly older gamer who participated in alphas before they became used as demos, I'd say star citizen is coming along splendidly and is shaping up to be at least a decent game.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
That military look

reminds me of...

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

A Neurotic Jew posted:

What IS that?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016
Oh man:

quote:

Mvrat:
I bought this game with high hype, but my and the people I see on the comments have realy hard fps issues. At multiplayer servers I have 15-20 fps, arena commender 20-30 fps. I have so much regret to buying. I don't see much content either but, it's not a problem. But it is so unplayable, I don't enjoy it while playing :/

quote:

Adepta_sc2:
Hey there, u could have informed u in a few min. before you pledged and you would have noticed that we are currently on an "old" netcode. If u don't enjoy TESTING AN ALPHA then go and get a refund. No one would hate u for that and in a 14 day period of time there is no problem with that.
SC is out for people to test / break everything and report bugs to CIG so they can be fixed.
If u want to stick to the game, in the near future (1-2 month) we will get StarMarine (FPS-game) and hopefully mid December 3.0 with a new netcode and everything u saw in the gamescom demo.
So decide for yourself and learn about that, first inform yourself and then spend your money. Not the other way around. o7

quote:

Mvrat:
Wow, if it's that close, I'll be wait.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

A Neurotic Jew posted:

It's so loving sad that one of their nicest looking ships is literally a rectangle with engines at the back.

Chris Ihao
Aug 20, 2016

FrankieGoes posted:

Good for you. Personally I respect mine, and try to encourage her to make some space of her own in the house. Just not in MY room. Room house!

PS: What the hell is the word for a girlfriend you are and have been living with for a long time? Here in Norway we got a simple, specific word for it. It seems like in the US its always "wife this' and "wife that".

Chris Ihao fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 8, 2016

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Flarpy posted:

quote:

If the game crashes at the launcher over and over again and you never actually get into the game's content, that's still testing. You are still helping the dev team even though it doesn't feel like it.

You should be more disappointed with the gaming industry that has convinced you that alphas and beta are supposed to be like playable demos.

That said, take a break, come back in a year or two or focus on a different game entirely. As a slightly older gamer who participated in alphas before they became used as demos, I'd say star citizen is coming along splendidly and is shaping up to be at least a decent game.

Yeah it's the game industry's fault for making us expect working games, even in alpha

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Chris Ihao posted:

Good for you. Personally I respect mine, and try to encourage her to make some space of her own in the house. Just not in MY room. Room house!

PS: What the hell is the word for a girlfriend you are and have been living with for a long time? Here in Norway we got a simple, specific word for it. It seems like in the US its always "wife this' and "wife that".

In Germany it can be "Lebensabschnittsgefährtin". I think in the US "significant other" is commonly used.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Poor Mvrat just got MoMA'd.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Chris Ihao posted:

The term is "hoochie mama"

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Chris Ihao posted:

It is good for me, thank you for noticing.

"Partner" is the English word that immediately comes to mind but it's not gender specific and has a lot of other potential meanings and implications so it's not particularly ideal.

Significant other doesn't work IMO as its too often just used to mean girlfriend, but maybe I'm in the minority on that.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Blast from the past and a reason why SQ42 is delayed - still needs 5 more years? ;)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/04/21/outlander-interview

IGN: Why has the film taken so long to reach cinema screens?

quote:

Roberts: Nothing is quick in Hollywood! They say the average time for a project to go from script to screen in ten years. You may not realize it but a lot of the big films that you see today have been in the works for years. Outlander was no exception, Howard and Dirk first wrote the script over ten years ago. I got involved back in 2004. It took us some time to get the financing and cast together and we began pre-production in August 2006. We finished shooting in mid January 2007 and then entered a long post-production process. The Moorwen, which is all digital and in quite a lot of the film, took longer to do than we originally thought so we ended up not fully completing the film until February 2008. Then it's been an issue of finding the right date to release the film and not get trodden on by the big $200m studio event films.

IGN: What are the chances of another Outlander, perhaps in another time period?

Roberts: I would love to do another (and I'm pretty sure Howard would too) but we'll need to see how it performs first!

IGN: What's up next for you?

Roberts: It's currently secret, but when I can talk IGN will be one of the first to know!

Also such a coincidence

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/producer-christopher-eberts-sentenced-four-809013

quote:

Eberts, 49, was indicted in 2013 by a grand jury in Peoria, Ill., on 10 counts of wire fraud and three counts of money laundering, with U.S. attorneys charging that he took more than $615,000 from a retired firefighter, Jeff Elliott of Normal, Ill., with the promise he would get a movie made.

He went on to become a vp production at 20th Century Fox and later had his own company. For a time, he was a producing partner at Ascendant Films, which was run by Chris Roberts. Roberts and Eberts were producers on the movie Lucky Number Slevin, which starred Bruce Willis.

Elliott met Eberts in 2009 in Beverly Hills. Eberts, according to the legal filings, drove an expensive car and appeared to be wealthy and successful. Eberts led Elliott to believe he could get his book made into a movie. The $615,000 Elliott gave Eberts was reportedly from the savings of Elliott's family.

One of the allegations brought by Elliott was that Eberts never told him that shortly before they made their deal he had gone bankrupt.

sorla78 fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 8, 2016

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Chris Ihao posted:

Legally: common-law spouse.

Colloquially: keeping-my-options-open wife

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Flarpy posted:

quote:

It's very possible that will be done. Haven't they already shown an NPC that had it's pupils dilate in response to light?

I like how backers are still confused that the videos are pre rendered cinematics and not actually what is in the game.

No, sweet child, they haven't created NPCs with realistic human pupil dilation based on outside light sources. They shot a video with the pupil dilation effect that has been in movies / music videos for 20 years as something cool to look at. Much like how a video of a NPC flailing in fire doesn't mean that someone has created an NPC that can feel pain.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

to be completely fair to CIG here, this thing would snap in half and explode so at this stage it probably will have realistic physics since that's what all ships do most of the time anyway.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

sorla78 posted:

That military look

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
You hu-mons have such strange ways of treating your females.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wow so bens actually gone? And zero outcry on the forums lol

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Hmm.. Citcon 2015, Sandi cries and receives flowers over an Internet hate campaign.
Pre-Gamescon 2016 - Sandi declares she is leaving social media due to online harassment. She then kindly tweets said harassment after saying she was leaving Twitter.
Gamescon - Bunch of idiots hold a sign that says "I stand with Sandi". This is obviously approved since the picture has both Sandi and CR in it.
Post Gamescon, Sandi's back to social media, harassment never mentioned again. [until they need to fire up some nerd outrage]

I'd be more irritated if I didn't sorta respect how easily she gets away with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Ihao
Aug 20, 2016

D1E posted:

Legally: common-law spouse.

Aha. Thank you for telling me the correct word, which I will probably never use as it sounds like something a lawyer conjured up on a bad day.

• Locked thread