Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Doctor Butts posted:

Has anyone been watching the live Mr. Robot after show? It's not incredible but, when allowed, the host has some really quick wit and it's fun to see the cast joke around a bit.

Last night they had a Nora Ephron-like clips of Cisco and Darlene's relationship that was silly.

Carly also got a good dig in that went something like:

Host: Darlene really shocked everyone when she kind of took over fsociety.
Carly: She also shocked the lady from E-Corp

Edit:
Can't find youtube links but here's the whole Hacking Robot 102 episode:
http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot/videos/hacking-robot-102

Clip of relationship thing is @ 9:39

The Verge's weekly aftershow is fun - so far they've had BD Wong, fat steel mountain guy and FLIPPER.

http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot-after-show/cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the third personality theory but I admit that Angela did pretty conspicuously bring up one of Elliot's meltdowns while mentioning the possibility that he has more than Mr.Robot as an imaginary friend. I guess "we" could be the third personality he freaked out at, but there is also another important clue...

Angela posted:

Do you remember when I found you at the Queens Museum? You were pacing and screaming at the staff, because they couldn't see whoever you said you were seeing.
Was it your dad then too, or was it someone else?

??!

nopants
May 29, 2004

crowoutofcontext posted:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the third personality theory but I admit that Angela did pretty conspicuously bring up one of Elliot's meltdowns while mentioning the possibility that he has more than Mr.Robot as an imaginary friend. I guess "we" could be the third personality he freaked out at, but there is also another important clue...

??!

Stop spoiling the finale.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Mr.48 posted:

Also, I'm convinced at this point that there is a third personality (besides his dad) that controls Elliot sometimes, and is responsible for the Phase 2 plan, whatever that is. There real question is who it is, since I'm sure that the show creators would have teased us with his appearance at some point earlier in the show without us knowing it.

I think I want it to be a third personality because a) Elliot and Mr. Robot were felt 'wrong' when they were in Cisco's apartment, and b) I don't want it to be revealed that Mr. Robot is lying to Elliot again, although this seems to be the case. If Elliot doesn't know what phase two is even though he created it, it would mean Mr. Robot is holding information back from him (which is even more evident with his disappearance during the calls and his assertion about returning home), which sucks because I really liked how they broke the barrier between them and started working together.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Dead Snoopy posted:

Very tellingly, that lone cop car blew the crime scene and kept going across town, where some sore of chaos could be heard.

The lone cop car was chasing the motorcycle.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Angela is working with someone and that whole conversation was recorded right? The giant posters next to their head with PHASE and images of ears and mics just seemed overly deliberate? I don't know! That final scene fuckin owned bones though. Cisco gotta be dead. *pours one out*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Darlene's story about that insane woman (who I'm guessing had lost her own child years earlier) who kidnapped her was really, really hosed up.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Someone remind me, were there any romantic overtones between Elliot and Angela before, or history? I couldn't tell if she was simply confused by the kiss, if she had been hoping it would happen for a long time (my guess) or if there was some history that she didn't want to revisit and didn't know why Elliot would?

I don't even think she was necessarily hoping for affection from Elliot in particular, simply that he was familiar and safe, and she's been so tightly wound while inside ecorp that it was just an emotional release.

I was just relieved she didn't pull back and gasp,"Elliot please tell me you remember I'm your sister! :gonk:"

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
HD Zoom-In of Shooting: https://i.imgur.com/q7zRgZD.mp4

RIP

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Cisco's head literally got obliterated, RIP bad Mandarin man

Darlene is probably fine though

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Dom being so effective at her job makes me angry when I watch this show. I'm too trained for bad dumb cops on TV!

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Paperhouse posted:

Cisco's head literally got obliterated, RIP bad Mandarin man

Darlene is probably fine though

Let us all honor Cisco by listening to his album at work.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Howling Man posted:

Dom being so effective at her job makes me angry when I watch this show. I'm too trained for bad dumb cops on TV!

i know, i don't want her to succeed, but drat it she deserves to

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

ghouldaddy07 posted:

Let us all honor Cisco by using his router at work.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

We require more frames. There's another shower of red mist on Darlene's side shortly after and I can't tell if it's from her head area or a bottle in the area (ketchup/hot sauce theory).

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mr. Powers posted:

We require more frames. There's another shower of red mist on Darlene's side shortly after and I can't tell if it's from her head area or a bottle in the area (ketchup/hot sauce theory).

Gonz posted:

A major spoiler for next week that I just found on the DVR:

Darlene is alive.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Does anyone know what this blue painting is from episode (or two, I can't remember) ago?

I kinda want it as a print/wallpaper.

...I hope that doesn't make me a horrible megalomaniacal rear end in a top hat. :ohdear:

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME? It was hard enough not to read that spoiler earlier and now it's posted again while quoting me. Not lookin'.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I noticed that painting too. I'd buy a print of whatever it is.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Posting this as a reply instead of edit to make sure the previous poster notices it.

I tried my luck with google again and ended up at this reddit thread. Sadly doesn't look like a known artist.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Goofballs posted:

That whole thing with him is weird and I hope they flesh it out a bit. Like he makes it sound like oh I'm just a regular mook who works for important people. But he has killed at least one person on Joanna's behalf which doesn't seem like regular mook stuff. Like I think at that point some guy you hired to protect you and maybe do private detective stuff just says gently caress it I'm out. I guess he's in love with her but he knows he doesn't have a shot and that she's totally nuts.

I don't think he's in love with her , I think that she and Tyrell most likely just had the dude totally compromised, and he knows they're ruthless and psycho enough to follow through on any blackmail threats. I can't really think of any other reason for him to keep doing what he's been doing for Joanne when she can't be affording to pay him a whole lot of money anymore.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I like how the timer is a countdown for the shooting. Nice attention to detail.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
This show just does amazing poo poo. It had an audience enthralled looking for clues on the screen after being asked to by a character. Know the only other show tgat can do that? Dora the loving Explorer

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm not the first one here to get to this conclusion but I figure Scott Knowles is the one behind the phone calls. He hasn't really done anything this season beyond burning the money

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It's ALF.

ALF is behind the creepy calls.

*GetReadyForASurprise_TotalRecall.txt*

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

crowoutofcontext posted:

Did anyone see anything interesting when Elliot invites "us", as a floating camera's eye, to scrutinize his messy apartment for whatever Mr.Robot is seeking?

Reminded me of Dora the Explorer. I was expecting Mr. Robot to show up as Swiper.

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
People already went as far as identifying the open book (and the page it's open at) in the room after being tipped by someone working on the show that you should pay attention to the bottom right corner. I don't think anyone actually figured out anything meaningful though

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

That episode was fantastic! Great pacing and cinematography, and music selection.

Cisco's head is gone, and you can totally see a ketchup bottle exploding on the table in that zoomed gif. Darlene is probably alive, potentially with a couple bullet wounds though.

How did the DA assassins know where Cisco was? And how dumb is Dom's supervisor, god drat. Unless he meant to do that :tinfoil:

That Dora the Explorer scene really reminded me of the VR clip they did. Also, I need to look up a screenshot of those wifi networks, I bet there's jokes

CloFan fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 9, 2016

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
If Cristofer does not win some variety of award for his performance in this show then something is going wrong with the world

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CloFan posted:

How did the DA assassins know where Cisco was? And how dumb is Dom's supervisor, god drat. Unless he meant to do that :tinfoil:

Do they still have access to the FBI phones or was that closed off after FSociety released the Berenstain meeting audio?

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Finally buying the game. I only purchase apps once in a blue moon, might as well support something I enjoy, right?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

CloFan posted:

Finally buying the game. I only purchase apps once in a blue moon, might as well support something I enjoy, right?

Don't. Still pretty buggy. Haven't been able to finish twice now and hangs up in same spot every time

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
I just realized the boss of Evilcorp is channeling Christopher Walken. Watch his dialogue and you will see...

To Vex a Stranger
Mar 15, 2004
Rawr!

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Don't. Still pretty buggy. Haven't been able to finish twice now and hangs up in same spot every time

Second ing this. Been waiting for two weeks to get a response. Tell tale says to wait for an update, I wish I could request a refund.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Watching live last night that last scene was making me really nervous. Something about the music and what was happening on screen was really giving me butterflies and nausea. The nerves got so bad that I had to turn it off and go to bed. I attributed it to something else because I've never had a physical reaction like that to a show before. Tonight I decided I needed to see what happened in the last 8 minutes so I watched it and the nerves and nausea were back.

The people making this show know exactly how to make me very uncomfortable.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Bape Culture posted:

Angela is working with someone and that whole conversation was recorded right? The giant posters next to their head with PHASE and images of ears and mics just seemed overly deliberate? I don't know! That final scene fuckin owned bones though. Cisco gotta be dead. *pours one out*

I figured that the Phase posters meant there was something in the subway background noise that could be picked out with some audio software. I figured it tied into his conversation earlier about being able to pick out a conversation in a loud restaurant. I have no expertise in that though.

And I was staring everywhere in that drat wide shot, nothing. I have no idea of what the hell Elliot's apartment is supposed to look like.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Med School posted:

I just realized the boss of Evilcorp is channeling Christopher Walken. Watch his dialogue and you will see...

Nah. It's just his style. If you get the chance, check out Rubicon.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Dead Snoopy posted:

Anticipating a Dom/Eliot alliance because its obvious that the FBI is compromised by E Corp. They don't want the trail running to Angela and whatever the reactor conspiracy is.

Also very obvious that Dom/Elliot each has half the Whiterose info. Elliot knows the Dark Army leader is a cross-dressing Chinese guy while Dom knows the Minister of whatever is a cross-dressing Chinese guy.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

The sound and visuals of this show give me flashbacks to Deus Ex. And to panic attacks. But mostly to Deus Ex.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

To Vex a Stranger posted:

Second ing this. Been waiting for two weeks to get a response. Tell tale says to wait for an update, I wish I could request a refund.

They patched it, but the patch didn't fix my current save. I restarted for a third time with my clock set back a week and advanced through it in one go. Finally finished. Would have been cool if it worked the first time but it was a huge pain in the rear end the way it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Nice shoutout to Burn Notice with the Pringles antenna. It's crazy to think USA channel went from fun, light shows no one took seriously to this unbelievably well made and tense show.

• Locked thread