Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
That episode was amazing. Came completely out of left field for me, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This is me at every party I've ever been to. I must pet every dog or cat in the house.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

I love that the show invests so heavily in its characters that as a result we can get amazing payoff episodes like this one.

I certainly hope that just like we got a series of episodes over the course of a season or two dealing with what made Pearl who she is, we get equal time of her figuring out where she's going from here.

Regardless, that was 11 minutes of pure end-to-end awesome that I am about to watch for a third time.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
And I'm just sitting here like 'You know if the gems manage to rope in a clueless yet adult human they may actually ask the kinds of questions I wanna know the answers to'

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Motherfucker posted:

And I'm just sitting here like 'You know if the gems manage to rope in a clueless yet adult human they may actually ask the kinds of questions I wanna know the answers to'

'without pennsylvania, do philly cheesesteaks still exist?'

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Eela6 posted:

See, the real poo poo.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Calling it: S's name is Susie Bright

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Something I just realized: Pearl is so freaked out by the thought of eating that it was one of the contributing factors to Alexandrite breaking apart in Fusion Cuisine. But she was willing to drink apple juice to get Steven and Amethyst to think she's cool.

Also the fact that it's just a liquid and will be easier to, uh, get rid of probably helped.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

MechaCrash posted:

Something I just realized: Pearl is so freaked out by the thought of eating that it was one of the contributing factors to Alexandrite breaking apart in Fusion Cuisine. But she was willing to drink apple juice to get Steven and Amethyst to think she's cool.

Also the fact that it's just a liquid and will be easier to, uh, get rid of probably helped.
(Insert "Pearl so thirsty, I mean like, drat gurl." joke here)

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Pearl's projecting so hard I thought she was doing that holograph horseshit again.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I hope this relationship goes well for Pearl. I mean, there's no way this ends as badly as it did with Rose at least. Unless S. also gives up her psychical form in order to create a magical baby for some dude, but what are the odds of that happening twice?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Rhonne posted:

I hope this relationship goes well for Pearl. I mean, there's no way this ends as badly as it did with Rose at least. Unless S. also gives up her psychical form in order to create a magical baby for some dude, but what are the odds of that happening twice?

In a very special season finale Pearl disappears and Steven gets a new baby cousin!

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Mystery Girl :swoon:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It's probably a dumb stretch, but I wonder if Pearl's dismissive comments on suburbs was a piss-take of that Party song.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

The Lord of Hats posted:

It took me like half an hour to watch this episode because I had to keep pausing to dance around going 'EEEEEEEEE' like an overexcited schoolgirl.

This was me watching the episode.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

misadventurous posted:

What's weird about a half-moon??

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Wait. A criminal for six thousand years? How does that square with the dates we know of?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

It roughly matches the times in the answer.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

Wait. A criminal for six thousand years? How does that square with the dates we know of?

This is going to take a long time to explain, so you may want to get some snacks.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Calling it: S's name is Susie Bright

Im curious if they might give her Susan Egan's voice, and/or name her Susan/Susie in reference to Rose's voice.

Also, if they decide to keep her around, I'm curious if they will use it as a way to visit the idea of "Parent has been single for a long time after other parent died, so its time to start dating! How will the kid react?" Knowing how much Rose and Pearl meant to each other, there might be some complicated feelings about her moving on to another girl who is similar. Or they could subvert it and have Steven be totally supportive, considering he hates seeing birdmom so sad

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Id have thought that plot, if they wanna do it would be with greg.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Out of context Pearl.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Is there any good way for me to be able to legally purchase all episodes of this show in the UK? UK Amazon video has only half of season 1 up there, and the US one doesn't take UK cards. The best I can find is an Australian bluray of season 1. This is one of my favourite shows and I'd like to be able to actually support it.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

Say Nothing posted:

Out of context Pearl.

That's what pearl did after calling the mystery girl later :rimshot:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

They've always said the rebellion ran from about 4k BC to 3k BC.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Eela6 posted:

Keystone cheesesteaks. Or maybe philly is still the name of the same city in the state. Probably. Whatever.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

"I haven't been that scared since that time you almost let me die!"

guys I think Steven might have some issues

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Is there any good way for me to be able to legally purchase all episodes of this show in the UK? UK Amazon video has only half of season 1 up there, and the US one doesn't take UK cards. The best I can find is an Australian bluray of season 1. This is one of my favourite shows and I'd like to be able to actually support it.

Also we can't buy merch from the Cartoon Network store because they just plain will not ship outside of the US. It's frustrating.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Say Nothing posted:

Out of context Pearl.
Let's be honest, everyone's felt this way about pants at some point

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Augus posted:

"I haven't been that scared since that time you almost let me die!"

guys I think Steven might have some issues

Maybe but the better question is... which time?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kojiro posted:

Also we can't buy merch from the Cartoon Network store because they just plain will not ship outside of the US. It's frustrating.

Well, I just bought the bluray and the book adaption of The Answer. I'm trying!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

has the moon ever been anything but half on the show? the stars are obviously an animation error but I can't recall ever seeing a full or crescent moon like ever.

also that episode has reminded me to online date again since it's super fun getting people's phone numbers.

Like, the 4th episode or whatever with the cheese burger back pack has the moon being full.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
This episode was so good :allears:

We got to see Bad Pearl, and we got to see Bad Pearl have an awkward crush on a human lady. This was a really good Pearl episode, and it's pretty entertaining to see what happens when she exits her comfort zone and tries to adopt her "terrifying renegade Pearl" persona.

I think my favorite bit was, "I've already been a criminal for 6,000 years. :smaug:"

I was also pretty amused when she decided to try drinking her juice, and couldn't figure out how cans work.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

LemonLimeTime posted:

Keystone cheesesteaks. Or maybe philly is still the name of the same city in the state. Probably. Whatever.

Philly steaks and Buffalo wings.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
They were invented by Phil, a prominent citizen of Keystone.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

I wonder if it's gonna be awkward if the Mystery Girl comes over and sees the painting of Rose.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

They were invented by Phil, a prominent citizen of Keystone.

The Keystone State?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Samovar posted:

It's probably a dumb stretch, but I wonder if Pearl's dismissive comments on suburbs was a piss-take of that Party song.

lol, I thought the same thing.

I mean it's not that much of a stretch in as much as apparently this ep made some "Bad Pearl" meme canon. (Didn't know about it before yesterday.)

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

LemonLimeTime posted:

imo it's called "Fraternal City" in the Steven Universeverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Zebia posted:

I wonder if it's gonna be awkward if the Mystery Girl comes over and sees the painting of Rose.

It's going to get super weird when she gives her Rose's dress and sword and tries to teach her how to command others in battle.

"That's it, S! Tell me how to defeat the corrupted gem!"
"I...don't know? I'm a loan officer!"
"No, you taught me we could be whatever we choose to be!"