Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Jack Gladney posted:

What ones have Stan Lee in them? I just know the X-Men 3 one and another one before that.

ALL OF THEM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Stolen from a lovely listicle. It fails to properly describe his hose water boner.

quote:

Stan Lee's first Marvel cameo was as a hot dog vendor in "X-Men" (2000).

He showed up as a helpless bystander in "Spider-Man" (2002).

A young Matt Murdock saves Stan from walking into traffic in "Daredevil" (2003).

He saves a woman from rubble while Spider-Man clashes with Doc Ock in "Spider-Man 2" (2004).

Stan Lee was a postman in "Fantastic Four" (2005).

Lee gets extremely weirded out when Jean Grey begins using her telekinesis in "X-Men 3: The Last Stand" (2006).

Lee is a wedding crasher in 2007's "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer."

He comes across Peter Parker in Times Square in 2007's "Spider-Man 3."

He is seen grabbing a soft drink in 2008's "The Incredible Hulk."

That same year, Tony Stark mistakes Lee for Hugh Hefner in 2008's "Iron Man."

In a nod to his original "Iron Man" cameo, Tony mistakes Lee for Larry King in "Iron Man 2" (2010).

In "Captain America: The First Avenger," Lee plays a retired general. (2011)

Lee (unsuccessfully) attaches Thor's hammer to his pickup truck in the first "Thor" (2011).

Lee pops up in a newsreel in the first "Avengers" movie (2012).

Lee's second cameo in the first Avengers movie was cut for time, but in the deleted scenes he's having lunch next to Captain America.

Lee grooves out to classical music while Spider-Man and the Lizard battle behind him in "The Amazing Spiderman" (2012).

Lee gives a beauty contestant a perfect "10" in "Iron Man 3" (2013).

Lee appears as a patient in a mental institution in 2013's "Thor: The Dark World."

Lee is a security guard who loses Captain America's costume in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" (2014).

Rocket Raccoon spies him in 2014's "Guardians of the Galaxy" flirting with a young woman.

Lee attends Parker's graduation during 2014's "Amazing Spider-Man 2."

He's a stranger on a train in the ABC's tie-in show "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." in 2014.

He made his first, and so far only, animated film cameo in 2014's "Big Hero 6."

He also appeared in the first season of ABC's "Marvel Agent Carter" alongside Tony's dad, Howard Stark (2015).

He's a grizzled, yet friendly bartender in "Ant-Man" (2015).

He appears in the final episode of Netflix's "Daredevil" series in a photograph on the back wall (2015).

And when Jessica Jones visits the same station, with a surprise appearance from nemesis Kilgrave, we see the same photo (2015).

Stan Lee's latest cameo is probably his raunchiest, yet. In "Deadpool" Lee appears as an emcee at a strip club.

He must smoke so many Js.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I mean which We Hate Movies episodes feature the character of scumbag/reefer-loving Stan Lee? They do him for a while in X-Men 3 pissing on Jack Kirby's grave.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Thanks for that list though. He should not have been in Deadpool because he probably has no idea what Deadpool is.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Jack Gladney posted:

What ones have Stan Lee in them? I just know the X-Men 3 one and another one before that.

He is also in the Centurions animation damnation episode.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
So I was smoking a J with Frank Welker and I thought "Hey, being in everything!"

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
He's also on the Daredevil episode describing his run-in with his nemesis, the Pin King

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Jack Gladney posted:

Thanks for that list though. He should not have been in Deadpool because he probably has no idea what Deadpool is.

I would agree, but it's probably his best cameo and it fit the tone of the movie perfectly.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
That list is missing his appearance alongside Lou Ferigno in Hulk!

A poo poo list.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So on a scale from The Dark Knight to Fantastic Four 2015, how bad is ASM2? It sounds really bloated and despite just listening to the episode, I still felt like they didn't actually speak about the movie

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'm disappointed they didn't even touch on the Philip Philip's montage/music video. Good god what the gently caress was that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Calaveron posted:

So on a scale from The Dark Knight to Fantastic Four 2015, how bad is ASM2? It sounds really bloated and despite just listening to the episode, I still felt like they didn't actually speak about the movie

It's... somewhere in between? It's bloated and really weird in hindsight, but that's pretty much the breadth of its problems.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Calaveron posted:

It's not very good, but I think it's badness is grossly overstating by most people on the internet. Like, it's too long, and has too much going on, and does indeed have Peter being a dick for most of the movie. But the action scenes are mostly pretty enjoyable, and I actually really like the final scene everyone else seems to hate.

Basically, it's fine, and could almost be good if they cut out at least 30 minutes.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The end fight between Spider-Man and Electro was visually exciting. But otherwise, I found the movie pretty forgettable. I had completely forgotten about the whole blood plotline until rereading a plot synopsis a couple weeks ago.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

thrawn527 posted:

It's not very good, but I think it's badness is grossly overstating by most people on the internet. Like, it's too long, and has too much going on, and does indeed have Peter being a dick for most of the movie. But the action scenes are mostly pretty enjoyable, and I actually really like the final scene everyone else seems to hate.

Basically, it's fine, and could almost be good if they cut out at least 30 minutes.

I have not seen the movie so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but this really feels like a movie that got ruined by tripping over its own feet in the rush to start a cinematic universe.

Like, Electro as a John Hinckley Jr type is actually kind of interesting, especially given that his fatal flaw in the comics is that he thinks too small and too little of himself to use his incredible godlike powers properly.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Electro as Baxter Stockman meets David Liebe Hart was really funny but the rest not so much.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Calaveron posted:

It's barely above Fantastic Four 2015. Such a long and pointless movie, with terrible acting and really dumb/inappropriate music (The loving song that played while Peter is putting the clues together about his dad....WTFuck). Everything dealing with the Green Goblin is terrible and makes no sense.
I'm honestly surprised they talked as little as they did about all the terrible things in that movie, but then again, there was way too much to mention.

Here's the weird 90's-looking music video of Peter looking for his dad....its so loving dumb.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 8, 2016

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don't remember much about it but I do kind of remember Electro croaking and the movie still having a back end after it. It's a weird movie more than anything.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Yeah, it's overstuffed and almost nothing in the film pays off. Paul Giamatti is seriously there to do under 5 minutes bookending the film, Electro is the only villain to get closure out of about 5, the final non-Rhino scene is just a giant tease going "BOY I BET YOU WISH WE'D USED ALL THESE VILLAINS, HUH?", and to top it off there is the story arc I have never met a single person who gave a poo poo about it, Richard and Mary Parker's weird past, peppered all throughout the film but without explanation.

Reminder: no less than 3 films were supposed to spin out of ASM2 by Sony's long-term plans, and all had to be quietly smothered in the cradle.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I kind of wish we were in the Sony Spiderman universe instead of the Hell On Wheels goes to completion universe Eric once theorized we were in.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

END ME SCOOB posted:

Yeah, it's overstuffed and almost nothing in the film pays off. Paul Giamatti is seriously there to do under 5 minutes bookending the film, Electro is the only villain to get closure out of about 5, the final non-Rhino scene is just a giant tease going "BOY I BET YOU WISH WE'D USED ALL THESE VILLAINS, HUH?", and to top it off there is the story arc I have never met a single person who gave a poo poo about it, Richard and Mary Parker's weird past, peppered all throughout the film but without explanation.

Reminder: no less than 3 films were supposed to spin out of ASM2 by Sony's long-term plans, and all had to be quietly smothered in the cradle.

It was a Sinister Six and Aunt May spinoff right? Oh man the mother of all bad ideas

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Corek posted:

I kind of wish we were in the Sony Spiderman universe instead of the Hell On Wheels goes to completion universe Eric once theorized we were in.

We're in the universe where they actually made Twin Peaks, as theorized in a Cracked "6 totally insane tv shows that were really pitched to tv networks!" article published in the universe where George Lucas died in a car accident in the 60s.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Calaveron posted:

It was a Sinister Six and Aunt May spinoff right? Oh man the mother of all bad ideas

Maybe not even that good, I found the old graphic from that era and it was never announced more in-depth than "Female Lead Spider-man Spin-off".

You know, out of the movie where we cut Mary-Jane entirely and murdered the only woman under 50.

This chart is hilarious years out.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 8, 2016

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jack Gladney posted:

We're in the universe where they actually made Twin Peaks, as theorized in a Cracked "6 totally insane tv shows that were really pitched to tv networks!" article published in the universe where George Lucas died in a car accident in the 60s.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Haha, fuckin A.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
the reason why nobody talks about avatar despite it being the highest grossing movie of all time is that everyone was shunted from the universe where it didn't happen :tinfoil:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

END ME SCOOB posted:

Maybe not even that good, I found the old graphic from that era and it was never announced more in-depth than "Female Lead Spider-man Spin-off".

You know, out of the movie where we cut Mary-Jane entirely and murdered the only woman under 50.

"This is what the next few years of your life will look like" is a line fit for a bad dystopian YA story

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Pops Mgee posted:

I'm disappointed they didn't even touch on the Philip Philip's montage/music video. Good god what the gently caress was that?

The best part about this scene is that it leads to nothing and his weird vision board doesn't have any payoff what so ever. Kind of like that video that Richard Parker just had to upload that doesn't matter at all, because he sent it to a secret lab no one instead of sending it to the media.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I didn't catch most of the beginning of ASM2 when I saw it on FX, I was certain that Spider Man was the reason Electro got in an accident that gave him his powers or why he was imprisoned by mad scientists.

Would have been AMAZING if Electro's motivation was revenge on the small faced white guy who spurned him and weakness was white twinks.
I'd buy the Bluray with digital copy.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

END ME SCOOB posted:

I do have to wonder what that chart looks like now.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Iron Crowned posted:

I do have to wonder what that chart looks like now.

http://comicsalliance.com/supermovies-infographic/

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IT's worse :(

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

A lot of the Spider-Man films suddenly dropped off.

What's this about Sony doing Valiant comics? Are they that insecure about the Spider-Man franchise?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Young Freud posted:

A lot of the Spider-Man films suddenly dropped off.

What's this about Sony doing Valiant comics? Are they that insecure about the Spider-Man franchise?

The Sony hack maybe?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

The Sony hack maybe?

Nah, I kind of know the reason why the Spider-Man line-up just vanished: the whole retooling of the brand in light of both ASM2 and Marvel/Disney getting involved and doing the Civil War crossover.

The Valiant comics stuff is a bit of a surprise, thou. However, none of it's Turok or XO Man of War, it's peak '90s Bloodshit and maybe Harbinger if the BS movie does well.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Calaveron posted:

Remove everything to do with mom and dad Parker, any Aunt May subplots, and Electro's dub-step inner monologue and it would probably between the middle and top for me. And actually have Norman Osborn as the Goblin, but that's just my inner "MOM THE NEW WIZARD CAME OUT" talking.

Also, despite their praise for the Raimi films, thay have aged terribly, especially the first one. The second comes off the best, but I still don't like it anywhere near as much as I did in 2004.

EDIT: Except JK Simmons. I still love that man.

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 10, 2016

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dubstep Electro was one of the best things in that movie.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Welcome back to Gee Movie, the podcast where every week we discuss a different Paul Giamatti film.

...wait, that actually sounds pretty good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TetsuoTW posted:

Dubstep Electro was one of the best things in that movie.

I actually like Electro a lot in it and think if it was just 'weird crazy guy is obsessed with Spider-Man, gets powers, goes even more nuts' it would have been really good.

But A) no loving goblin mutant nonsense and Rhino poo poo, just do Electro as the baddie, and B) actually show Electro as a weird loser who's insane. The movie has way too many 'heh, been there right guys' kinda moments at the start where it's like we're supposed to sympathize with Electro being mad that Spider-Man, a dude he never met beyond seeing once, forgot his birthday or whatever.

I'm an Amazing Spider-Man apologist, I admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm an Amazing Spider-Man apologist, I admit.

I'll defend the first, but that second, whoof.