Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

:synpa: posted:

Hey if we're bragging about our rides today I strongly considered checking my oil and my tire pressure on my 1996 Honda Accord but then I decided not to.

this guy right here goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivan Yurkinov
Jan 13, 2010
My 2011 Ford Fusion SEL is overdue for an oil change RIGHT NOW. Within walking distance (across 8 lanes of traffic in every direction) there's a Wendy's, a Macaroni Grill, an IHOP, and a Red Lobster. So many choices!

Actually, I'll drop it off, get a ride to work, eat a sack lunch, get a ride back and pick up my car later, but I'm not an independently wealthy non-worker leisureperson with no obligations.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I doubt it, OP

Ivan Yurkinov
Jan 13, 2010
Typing that inspired me to dedicate my life to becoming a professional Leisureperson.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I'm more of a pleasureman, sans the moustache.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Same but I had my chauffeur do it

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Kuato posted:

LOL if you don't drive around a mid-sized truck that you never actually utilize as a truck. Just LOL

Don't forget your Confederate flag!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I voted this thread 1

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
People don't seem to get it... German Cars really are just better. I want to see like some sort of competition for these superior automobiles... Some sort of master race

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I have a tiny gay car and I drive it slowly and poorly and ladies honk at me to get me out of their way.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I'm sure the bank appreciates you taking such good care of their car OP.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My car is french built but is owned by germans and the writing inside is german which is pretty neat.

Also it is a mercedes in my book because the mercedes logo is on a bunch of pieces

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've had German cars all my life and they are great up until the warranty expires and then literally every random bit and part you can think of breaks apart because they for some reason use lovely plastic connectors on EVERYTHING that turn brittle and crack apart.

Ditched the Audi after the coolant just all leaked out one day while driving normally on the freeway because whatever pipe/hose just finally gave out resulting in a bricked engine block. The Audi before that just randomly had the catcon explode, along with various other issues.

My dad's Mercedes had some fancy rear view mirror thing you adjusted via an electronic knob (cuz moving it by hand is not DEUTSCHE OVERENGINEERING) and when that broke they wanted $1200 to fix it. They're all expensive as gently caress to fix for no good reason bc as far as I can tell they use shithouse internal parts anyway.

German cars used to be good maybe but now they're just nice to lease for a couple years at best. They're always in the shop on some bullshit after that initial 1-2 years of being a good new car.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
98 geo tracker ftw. You bet your sweet rear end it's convertible, that's high-quality canvas on the back of this bitch

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
it's like watching youtube before i installed ublock. "This is uhh my new labagini, it's fun to drive in the hollyw- [skip ad]"

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Meecedes Benz: like other European cars, but shittier.

Cool thread l, pretentious human being

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
That's nice OP, but I do not care about lunch or cars because I am not a child.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Smart cars are actually really good and I will defend mine to the death. The best german anything.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Gonna buy a Honda NSX and pick up all the fly honeys.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Germstore posted:

Gonna buy a Honda NSX and pick up all the fly honeys.

Honeys meaning Homosexual Or Nonsexual Engineer Youths

Jay-Zeus
Jan 5, 2004
I don't believe it!
Fun Shoe
I drive a proper V8 car.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

GRANNYS PEACH TEA posted:

Hey if we're bragging about our rides today I strongly considered checking my oil and my tire pressure on my 1996 Honda Accord but then I decided not to.

if you had done it though, which part of a chicken would you have eaten after? surely not it's fingers

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

To everyone else, this is a car you rent on a business trip, not own. If you're going to spend 100k on a car, which mind you is totally attainable, buy something actually good.

Other than compensation for small penis, what is the point to owning an automobile that is worth half the cost of the average home in America?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ElectricSheep posted:

Other than compensation for small penis, what is the point to owning an automobile that is worth half the cost of the average home in America?

Compensation for a REEEEAAAALLLY small penis

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

ElectricSheep posted:

To show off that you aren't average I assume. I wouldn't know; I'm aggressively average.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

thathonkey posted:

voted 1 not a 3 olives thread

i, too, assumed it was 3O

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
gently caress yeah chickan figners

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

my car started making a noise

so i turned off the radio

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a bone to pick posted:

Compensation for a REEEEAAAALLLY small penis

The op has posted pics of himself on the toilet and i can say that this story checks out

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I can't really support having a 100K car and then eating goddamn nuggies. Have some dignity. If you can't find a proper bar you can drink your lunch at the O'Charlie's bar.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Mange Mite posted:

Dont you work at best buy or some poo poo like that

yes. in 2006. Im pretty touched you know this somehow. im not saying I can afford a S550, but that doesnt make anything else less true

ElectricSheep posted:

there's nothing wrong with owning a nice car if you want a nice car and can afford one. this isnt like a bugatti or something actually obscene. its just the s550 itself is pretty pleb

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Moridin920 posted:

I've had German cars all my life and they are great up until the warranty expires and then literally every random bit and part you can think of breaks apart because they for some reason use lovely plastic connectors on EVERYTHING that turn brittle and crack apart.

Ditched the Audi after the coolant just all leaked out one day while driving normally on the freeway because whatever pipe/hose just finally gave out resulting in a bricked engine block. The Audi before that just randomly had the catcon explode, along with various other issues.

My dad's Mercedes had some fancy rear view mirror thing you adjusted via an electronic knob (cuz moving it by hand is not DEUTSCHE OVERENGINEERING) and when that broke they wanted $1200 to fix it. They're all expensive as gently caress to fix for no good reason bc as far as I can tell they use shithouse internal parts anyway.

German cars used to be good maybe but now they're just nice to lease for a couple years at best. They're always in the shop on some bullshit after that initial 1-2 years of being a good new car.

Pretty much. Google 'BMW Cooling Problems' for an even more ludicrous example of German cars using lovely plastics for everything.

Q. What's the most expensive car in the world?

A. A free Mercedes

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice
Dont keep us in suspense op, how were the fingers and fries

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

lets not pretend chicken fingers are anything but long nuggies.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Chic-Fil-A nuggies are the best nuggies

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
How were the french fries and how long can your mom hold her breath, OP?

Sorry that was blatantly sexist: how long can your dad hold his breath and how much allowance did you get for bringing the car into the shop?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

yes. in 2006. Im pretty touched you know this somehow. im not saying I can afford a S550, but that doesnt make anything else less true

there's nothing wrong with owning a nice car if you want a nice car and can afford one. this isnt like a bugatti or something actually obscene. its just the s550 itself is pretty pleb

An S550 is a loaded, fast, comfortable beast that costs $100k. They are not "pleb".

That being said, I sell cars for a living and I would only ever lease one; the maintenance and depreciation on them is loving bonkers. I wish Mercedes still made the tanks they used to, but the market for long-term luxury vehicles has dried up.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 9, 2016

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Tumble posted:

An S550 is a loaded, fast, comfortable beast that costs $100k. They are not "pleb".

That being said, I sell cars for a living and I would only ever lease one; the maintenance and depreciation on them is loving bonkers. I wish Mercedes still made the tanks they used to, but the market for long-term luxury vehicles has dried up.

they are pretty pleb man

Gunuku
Sep 26, 2007

I'm a goddamn marvel of modern science.
Lipstick Apathy
my 2004 ford focus SE had a flat tire today and i was late to work :-(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you don't have run flats