Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Efexeye posted:

I meant I've never been in the Aurora you pedantic gently caress :tipshat:

Your post was immediately after someone saying "search wrecks", I think he was just clarifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

in any case, I put 40 hours in and never went in the wreck of the Aurora This game greatly benefits from not using the Internet and figuring it out for yourself.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What's the Aurora

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Buca di Bepis posted:

What's the Aurora

It's a wreck

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Buca di Bepis posted:

What's the Aurora

a miserable pile of secrets

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Something I'll never have the courage to learn.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Aurora is my friend.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Met posted:

Wrecks. Try around the red grass areas or the dunes.

Man, I have scoured every wreck on the map and I can't get above 2/3 drill arm parts. Are they a rare spawn or are there just a finite number of them or something and I'm just not finding the last piece?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Sanzuo posted:

Man, I have scoured every wreck on the map and I can't get above 2/3 drill arm parts. Are they a rare spawn or are there just a finite number of them or something and I'm just not finding the last piece?

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Wrecks

CTRL-F Drill

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I do wish there was another way to get missing blueprint parts. Like, maybe researching them with the lab table or something once you have the first half or two thirds of the complete thing, but you'd need a bunch of resources and time to do it. So if you want the other half of the bioreactor blueprint, you can earn it if you throw X quartz, Y different samples, and Z silver into the Research Doodad and let it stew for 45 in-game minutes or something. Yeah, it'd take longer and require more scrounging, but it's better than just tooling around and hoping you run into the right wreck or having to look up spoilers.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Exploring around is the whole point of the game. I'd rather changes were made to expand on the exploration side of things rather than a new system of researching that ultimately has me in my base putting a bunch of crap into a vending machine with a long timer.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

I've absolutely searched these wrecks. I've cut through the doors with the cutter and looked around the perimeter and set up scanning rooms in the area and no luck. Maybe my game is bugged and I should just look for some console command to spawn one in.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'll have a look.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I found my first one at the wreck at 320 -66 431. It came up as 1/2 fragments completed. Checking the others.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Okay I finally found it. In the wreck by pod 17 there is a tiny rip in the wall deep inside that takes you through to a large bay with lots of prawn parts. Easy to miss IMO.

Edit: Also I needed 3 parts. Is it randomized every game?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
There's some funkyness with the arm parts. I needed 2 for Drill Arm, 2 for Grapple, 3 for Torpedo arm. Still haven't found my last torpedo arm part and I've searched every wreck on the map, plus all the ones I have searched are now strangely empty even though I know I left some parts behind.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

How the hell do you get stalker teeth to make enameled glass?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Dr. Clockwork posted:

How the hell do you get stalker teeth to make enameled glass?

Bring them metal salvage. Follow them when they grab the salvage and swim around with it. Keep trying if they don't fall the first time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Get them to grab metal salvage from you, wait for them to grab metal salvage from the ground, check their metal salvage stash and see if there are any teeth there, get them to bash your seamoth. There are lots of options. None of which will get you any stalker teeth without wasting an hour. It's better to just spawn them in. It's the one resource I refuse to waste my time on anymore.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Get them to grab metal salvage from you, wait for them to grab metal salvage from the ground, check their metal salvage stash and see if there are any teeth there, get them to bash your seamoth. There are lots of options. None of which will get you any stalker teeth without wasting an hour. It's better to just spawn them in. It's the one resource I refuse to waste my time on anymore.

So what you're saying is that I should just console in a Cyclops?

Why didn't they just make it so you could loot them from a dead one?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

building a cyclops is like, 50% of the fun of the game, I'd say

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
To get a bit technical, there's one, probably two points where Stalker Teeth spawn: when a stalker picks up metal salvage and when it drops it. So whenever you're around stalkers and metal salvage, keep an eye out for them. When a stalker picks up some salvage, swim down near it and check for teeth.

Now that you know you'll need it, if/when you start a new game you can do this while looking for other things in the kelp forest. Just keeping an eye out during my normal putting around netted me 13 stalker teeth one game.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The best way I've found to do it is to find a whole bunch of stalkers and then take all but one of their metal salvages, they'll fight over it and drop quite a few teeth generally.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

You would think that you could get teeth by just murdering them, but Scuba Steve will only use free range teeth.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dr. Clockwork posted:

So what you're saying is that I should just console in a Cyclops?

Why didn't they just make it so you could loot them from a dead one?

I'm still sore about how there are PDA logs that talk about other survivors getting lots of stalker teeth by-
A: Knife fight with stalkers
B: just stealing them directly from ones inside alien containment tanks.

No loving about with scrap hoping it actually causes them to drop a tooth. Or hoping stalkers haven't depopulated by the time you want to try. So of course the player isn't allowed to do either of those things :v:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Section Z posted:

depopulated

This happens?

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Just went back to the Aurora to collect the door codes. When I got back, my Cyclops was gone.

Only thing I can think of is Stalkers/Sandsharks/Gasopods destroying it, but I've always parked the thing in the same place (near the geyser in the safe shallows).

gently caress this game sometimes.

EDIT: Also when did they addin the weird alien cube buildings?

Dyz fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 7, 2016

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Vehicles disappear off the face of the earth occasionally, it's a really nasty bug. I lost a seamoth that way (and worse, the maxed out compensator it had equipped), went into a cave looking for quartz and when I came out it was just straight-up gone :iiam:.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

U.T. Raptor posted:

Vehicles disappear off the face of the earth occasionally, it's a really nasty bug. I lost a seamoth that way (and worse, the maxed out compensator it had equipped), went into a cave looking for quartz and when I came out it was just straight-up gone :iiam:.

Something similar to this just happened to me when I went to explore the Aurora. I parked my cyclops just inside the exploded part of the Aurora and went exploring. When I came back, my interior growbed that had potatoes and fruit trees in it was for some reason completely empty. I'm not really sure how that happened because there were definitely trees in there when I left. Another interesting thing that happened is that I took fire damage from some of those dripping fires so maybe I parked my Cyclops in just the right spot for fire drips to land on (and through?) my Cyclops, burning my trees down? :iiam:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Met posted:

Exploring around is the whole point of the game. I'd rather changes were made to expand on the exploration side of things rather than a new system of researching that ultimately has me in my base putting a bunch of crap into a vending machine with a long timer.

It would be nice if the game removed all the extra fragments of a specific blueprint once you collected a full set. It is annoying find a moonpool fragment for the 10th time once you have already made one.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Turn them in to stalker teeth.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dr. Clockwork posted:

This happens?

It's primarily been an issue around anywhere you have built stuff. Such as building a base a ways away from the lifepod, deciding you won't touch a single fish "Because the Pubbies told me it's my fault the fish around the lifepod are gone! :downs:" And then seeing the fish and stalker population within a 100m radius just plummet (If there is so much as a single droop vine in a mile radius, that seems to make it worse).

Devs have previously admitted fish spawns are hosed, but since I'm not doing all that much with the recent updates I have no idea if they ever finally fixed that. Though I've still seen people going "Oh yeah, I've noticed everything is gone around here. WTF?" shortly after the latest live patch.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Started playing again, was building my new base when I got mobbed by 3 stalkers, said "gently caress this" and console spawned an exosuit and punched them all to death.

Exosuit rocks.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Fish around my base definitely disappeared over time, but I also built my current base near a sand shark hell home so I'm not exactly hurting for the lost fish.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Oasx posted:

It would be nice if the game removed all the extra fragments of a specific blueprint once you collected a full set. It is annoying find a moonpool fragment for the 10th time once you have already made one.

I think this has already been implemented, at least as far as not-previously-visited areas go. By the time I hit the last couple of wrecks in my post-Exosuit patch playthrough they were almost or entirely devoid of fragments.

I kinda miss the easy source of titanium, though.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Just blasted a reaper out of the water with a vortex torpedo and watched it swim in the air. Bonus points because it hit a reefback and made it spin like crazy in midair. Double bonus point because I then rode it with my grapple arm and watched the leviathan try to eat me (exosuits are tough, they can take 3-4 reaper attacks)

Bless this game sometimes

PS: riding a sandshark with the grapple and drilling it's rear end is the most fun thing ever. Payback's a bitch.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You can do the same to reapers. :black101:

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
So after many hours of swimming, swearing and making poor decisions I finally put together a Cyclops and a PRAWN suit but one thing is still bothering me. How are people seeing their x, y coordinates? I think I just managed to find a compass but that's it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They are activating a debug menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

unzealous posted:

So after many hours of swimming, swearing and making poor decisions I finally put together a Cyclops and a PRAWN suit but one thing is still bothering me. How are people seeing their x, y coordinates? I think I just managed to find a compass but that's it.

F1