Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

KatWithHands posted:

I can't remember, is anyone here going to be at the Paley Center tonight? And if so, what are our chances on a trip report?

I'm not there, but @paleycenter live tweeted the panel. Nothing too exciting from the sound of it, although they are showing next week's episode there tonight. As for the big news Vamp keeps alluding to, he said on his Facebook that he hopes he can announce it sometime this weekend. From the sound of it, it may some sort of side project though, not anything like a different distribution for LU. I wonder if he's doing something tangential with Rey Mysterio since El Rey signed Mysterio to that first look deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, I was following that on twitter. They just tweeted so few From Dusk Till Dawn tidbits, I figured they would just cherry-pick quotes rather than really going through the whole event. Sounded like it was a good time, though! Crowd seemed into it.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I hate being That Guy but I really was not a fan of that episode. Maybe it's because I genuinely think Pentagon should be the Ace of LU and he's basically an afterthought, and it's not even an underdog story. He powered up and is still a loser rear end in a top hat in this booking.

Check out AAA, where he's booked like Stardust 85% of the time

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm not there, but @paleycenter live tweeted the panel. Nothing too exciting from the sound of it, although they are showing next week's episode there tonight. As for the big news Vamp keeps alluding to, he said on his Facebook that he hopes he can announce it sometime this weekend. From the sound of it, it may some sort of side project though, not anything like a different distribution for LU. I wonder if he's doing something tangential with Rey Mysterio since El Rey signed Mysterio to that first look deal.

What a loving letdown. Come on, man.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
My prediction on what it's going to be as I think about it: Vamp has been talking for awhile about how he wanted to do some training for younger wrestlers, asking on Twitter who would be interested, asking if other LU guys would like to get involved, etc. And he's said a couple times that sort of thing is really a passion of his. I wonder if he's going to announce a kind of less-worked Tough Enough style thing with him teaching new guys the ropes (maybe with Rey, given that deal that he just signed), and using other LU talent as guest trainers. That's just a total guess on my part, but something like that could be entertaining.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Lucha Underground Season Three: What a loving letdown. Come on, man.

straven
Mar 23, 2016
Vampiro is the only person from LU excited about big news coming soon, so it's probably very Vampiro-centric. I hope it's not a podcast.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!
I was there at Paley. The panel itself should be up on Hulu in a few weeks, from what I was told. They brought out the President of El Rey to intro everything, but he was interrupted by Dario, who told him to go away because only he introduces Lucha Underground.

They screened this upcoming Wednesday's episode, which includes a brutal WMD match. The crowd in the theater was hot, chanting for a lot of the action. A lot of temple regulars there, who were cheering when they saw themselves in reaction shots. Also, some real poo poo goes down in 302.

Finally, the panel was Vampiro, Taya, Marty Elias, Fenix, Reps from AAA, and a handful of creative from Lucha. Melissa Santos and Famous B were also around. It was a fine panel that basically hyped up season 3 and discussed how everything came together. Nothing ground shaking, but it was just nice to see the program get exposure like that.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Vamp's going to announce his big project.

Pokémon Go but with luchadors.

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?

sticklefifer posted:

Trapping Pentagon Dark by throwing a GOTG Aztec medallion at him? Pitting my Taya up against someone's Ivelisse at a local gym? Hatching Aerostar from Lucha-eggs you receive at Lucha-stops?

Sign me the gently caress up. Now. Unironically.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Devil Bird Thing posted:

Trapping Pentagon Dark by throwing a GOTG Aztec medallion at him? Pitting my Taya up against someone's Ivelisse at a local gym? Hatching Aerostar from Lucha-eggs you receive at Lucha-stops?

Sign me the gently caress up. Now. Unironically.

You can only find Mil Muertes in graveyards.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

AKA Driver posted:

Finally, the panel was Vampiro, Taya, Marty Elias, Fenix, Reps from AAA, and a handful of creative from Lucha. Melissa Santos and Famous B were also around. It was a fine panel that basically hyped up season 3 and discussed how everything came together. Nothing ground shaking, but it was just nice to see the program get exposure like that.
Marty Elias is an interesting choice. Why put him on such a panel? Does he have a role in production or is he just a referee?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

AKA Driver posted:

Finally, the panel was...Taya...

mai wiiiiiiiiife

sticklefifer posted:

I would love this, it'd give me a reason to fast-track my lucha-themed BBQ shack, Cerdo Miedo

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
gently caress the Wikipedia dorks. I just want to read up on some of these wrestlers but nooo I can't because of their dumb rear end policy of spoiling things.

On a more positive note, I love this show. It's the only show that I can actually pay attention to for the full time. Not even NXT or CWC can do that for me.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

frankenfreak posted:

Marty Elias is an interesting choice. Why put him on such a panel? Does he have a role in production or is he just a referee?

I think they were hoping to get perspective from someone who was in the ring during a lot of the biggest spots of the show, like Angelico's leap, etc, etc.

Also, I don't know if it was mentioned, but Chavo Guerrero and Marty are attached to that new GLOW scripted show as consultants/trainers, I believe.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Went to the pilot taping of a new indie wrestling gig in my town. It was a ton of fun and afterwards I got to chat a bit with one of the wrestlers. Didn't know it at the time but when I got home I looked him up and it was loving Matanza

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Went to the pilot taping of a new indie wrestling gig in my town. It was a ton of fun and afterwards I got to chat a bit with one of the wrestlers. Didn't know it at the time but when I got home I looked him up and it was loving Matanza

I've talked to him a couple of times and he seems like a real good dude!

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

I've talked to him a couple of times and he seems like a real good dude!

Yeah he was super nice. Had a great match too. So many suplexes...

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
If you like Taya at all, it's cool to hear how much respect Vampiro has for her (from the Paley thing):

https://twitter.com/realMilMachetes/status/775477582988873728

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Taya is great, Vampiro is great, LU forever.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Tonight we have this Weapons of Mass Destruction match! I was not at these tapings, but I hear that this match was pretty good.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Mascarita :smith:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
RIP Mascarita

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. Cisco deserves justice!

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
I hope part of this story line of Mascarita getting squashed this season is that he eventually comes back, goes on a rampage and destroys *everyone* a la Brock Lesnar

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
A MILLENIA

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

...is the cop immortal and Dario hosed it up???

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I love this magical soap opera with punchman quite often.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
oh poo poo Captain Vazquez is a millenna old

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/776213307225206785

an excellent question

eljackass
May 19, 2004

It usually takes me until i watch each episode the 2nd time to get what's going on in the vignettes...mostly coz I'm not always paying full attention :) But I gotta say they're a hell of lot better than any storylines and/or promos on RAW, for example! Seems like Lucha Underground does a whole lot more in 1 hour than WWE does in 3 sometimes -- that's why this is my absolute favorite tv show each week

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't know if I hate or love that Striker call.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

NO REGERTS

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dias posted:

I don't know if I hate or love that Striker call.

Kinda both

and Puma, listening to kindly uncle Vampiro from last week

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Joey, you slimeball! Of course

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
JOEY RYAN YOU ARE A SCUMBAG

"i got child support to pay"

oh my god

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
:stare: Joey, oh shi-

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
all these short lore segments early this week probably means the last match is going 15+

eljackass
May 19, 2004

I trust that this WMD match will be f'in awesome. Here we are halfway through, and we've got as many commercials as actual show, and half of that were 2 squashes basically

I have faith in you Lucha Underground!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

eljackass posted:

I trust that this WMD match will be f'in awesome. Here we are halfway through, and we've got as many commercials as actual show, and half of that were 2 squashes basically

I have faith in you Lucha Underground!

https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/776216838191538176

let's hope

• Locked thread