Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
That shitload of sour cream on a hotdog is hosed up, I don't care what y'all think!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's not a hot dog it's an open face burrito with pork anus cylinder.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
it's a geometrically challenged pizza

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mng posted:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Eh, I'd call it freeform pizza. Or freestyle.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is that sweet taters on a pizza?

that looks loving amazing

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Would so fast.

Would not.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
That penne vodka looks like someone already ate it :(

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

sweeperbravo posted:

The only Moxie I had was a couple cans from a 12pack we bought when we were vacationing in NH, is it really universally disliked? It was fine to me, not in my top favorite sodas but just tasted like what it is, caffeinated root beer

Then again I like the flavor of most sodas that aren't diet, I don't remember the last time I disliked a soda that wasn't just a weird specialty flavor

I don't think Moxie is as bad as people make it out to be, it's just considerably different from what most people are used to. I'm not a fan, it tastes a little mediciney to me, but it's not bad. I think it's a good way to get into other off-the-wall sorts of soda, if you are okay with Moxie, you could potentially be okay with quite a few other things like that; I discovered afterwards that I really like Fentimann's Dandelion & Burdock.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT0_1hLCVZg
oh no.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If it were socially acceptable, I would eat sour cream with a spoon like yogurt. Sour cream owns.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Picnic Princess posted:

If it were socially acceptable, I would eat sour cream with a spoon like yogurt. Sour cream owns.

If there's an Indian or Middle Eastern market anywhere near you, the plain yogurt that they sell there owns. Much silkier texture and tarter taste than anything at the supermarket, almost along the lines of sour cream or even pudding. My bf and I go through a two pound container a week, it's good with absolutely everything. The full-fat is amazing, but I once accidentally bought the light kind and it was also pretty great.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Titus Sardonicus posted:

I don't think Moxie is as bad as people make it out to be, it's just considerably different from what most people are used to. I'm not a fan, it tastes a little mediciney to me, but it's not bad. I think it's a good way to get into other off-the-wall sorts of soda, if you are okay with Moxie, you could potentially be okay with quite a few other things like that; I discovered afterwards that I really like Fentimann's Dandelion & Burdock.

Neat, I'll keep an eye out for that.

It was also just really interesting seeing 12 packs of this soda I had literally never even heard of until that trip. It'd be like going to the liquor store and seeing boxes of Duff beer in real life, like you just don't expect to see it at all let alone in that quantity.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

SneakyFrog posted:

pickled okra is a fine thing.

My wife hates okra for the aforementioned slimy goo, but if you don't cook it, no goo.

I introduced her to the spicy picked okra, and she loves that. So good.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT0_1hLCVZg

:whitewater:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Moxie just has a very powerful aftertaste. I've known about it forever. My dad likes it and so we used to get it occasionally, like once or twice per year. I'm sure if you drank it all the time, you wouldn't notice.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

sweeperbravo posted:

It'd be like going to the liquor store and seeing boxes of Duff beer in real life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duff_Beer

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tashilicious posted:

is that sweet taters on a pizza?

that looks loving amazing

He'll yeah!

Gogo Logo
Nov 11, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

Some places in Eastern Europe sell it in little individual cups, which was really validating. I have and do eat it that way with no shame. Sour cream is the poo poo.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Bring back Chimm of Changa.

E:

Julias has a new favorite as of 09:02 on Sep 10, 2016

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Tashilicious posted:

I don't really see the issue here that's not a terrible idea
there's nothing wrong with mixing hot dogs in with other foods; i'll have you know that the best sandwich i've ever had was basically an italian sub with a fat beer-braised hot dog stuffed in it

but that picture?

maybe there's a hot dog in the right one, but the left is vacant. a shameful pizza.

and the pathetic fries don't help

actually there is probably no hot dogging at all and they're just tacos made with buns and waaaaaaaaaaaay too much sour cream

taco rules?

FFT has a new favorite as of 09:27 on Sep 10, 2016

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

FFT posted:

there's nothing wrong with mixing hot dogs in with other foods; i'll have you know that the best sandwich i've ever had was basically an italian sub with a fat beer-braised hot dog stuffed in it

but that picture?

maybe there's a hot dog in the right one, but the left is vacant. a shameful pizza.

and the pathetic fries don't help

actually there is probably no hot dogging at all and they're just tacos made with buns and waaaaaaaaaaaay too much sour cream

taco rules?

If you open up a taco flat, that's a pizza.

Tacos are folded-over pizzas.

No pizza rules.

No taco rules.

E: If the meat's spicy enough and absolutely saturated in peppers and sauce, that is an acceptable amount of sour cream, but I'm guessing that it's boiled with a bit of black pepper on it (not too much, we're Iowan) to give it that "genuine ethnic flavor"

Somfin has a new favorite as of 11:49 on Sep 10, 2016

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Julias posted:

Bring back Chimm of Changa.

E:

That looks like a tamale with a very sad New Mexico-style green chili.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Picnic Princess posted:

Try Nancy's whole milk honey yogurt. Tastes like sour cream and there is just a hint of honey in it. I've been using it marinate chicken and I add it to pea soup.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

KiteAuraan posted:

That looks like a tamale with a very sad New Mexico-style green chili.

Jizzamale.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Sometimes I actually prefer the experience of eating irregular pizza using a knife and fork

But I'm not so stupid as to put sweet potatoes on a pizza

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I hate Moxie because I accidentally drank my friend's roommate's Moxie once (one can, not a whole six-pack) and she was so disproportionately angry at me and so vicious about it that I just associate it with a Lena Dunham lookalike screaming hysterically at me. :smith:

anyfuck

Cake OR death? Why not both?

also this, what is this?

and finally, there is nothing less vegan than roasting a chicken and sticking its feet where its head and rear end in a top hat used to be (I think?)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

bringmyfishback posted:

also this, what is this?

Looks like a large stuffed poblano pepper going by the scale of the spoon and coffee pot. If so, yes!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Somfin posted:

If you open up a taco flat, that's a pizza.

That's a tostada chum

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Brawnfire posted:

That's a tostada chum

A chum tostada could potentially be a thing.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

bringmyfishback posted:

A chum tostada could potentially be a thing.

Definitely had a fish taco that tasted like it

Chummies 💦 in my little taco 😋

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Pease pudding just seems so unappealing.

from here.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Trent posted:

Moxie just has a very powerful aftertaste. I've known about it forever. My dad likes it and so we used to get it occasionally, like once or twice per year. I'm sure if you drank it all the time, you wouldn't notice.

My only experience with Moxie was reading The Pendragon Adventures as a kid, and the author mentions a beverage from another plane that's specified as tasting exactly like Moxie with the taste and aftertaste reversed.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Geokinesis posted:

Pease pudding just seems so unappealing.

from here.

This reminds me of "Steve, Don't Eat It!" and I'm glad for it.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

I'm big into herbal, bitter drinks so Moxie is really good. But I prefer chinotto or sanbitter, those really smack your mouth.

I have finally found my beverage soulmate. Herbal, bitter drinks are my jam and chinotto is in my fridge at all times. Haven't seen sanbitter round these parts recently. I am glad 'Murica is finally catching on to Fernet and Amaro.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
this is a video of a man nonchalantly inhaling a hotdog whole, then horking it back up into the air

https://vine.co/v/e2z1m12jXbe

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otfy8dRqeFI

Pomp has a new favorite as of 21:20 on Sep 10, 2016

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Trent posted:

The diet version for some reason doesn't have a strong aftertaste. Would recommend.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

I have finally found my beverage soulmate. Herbal, bitter drinks are my jam and chinotto is in my fridge at all times. Haven't seen sanbitter round these parts recently. I am glad 'Murica is finally catching on to Fernet and Amaro.

Amaro literally tastes like soap, sorry for your broken tastebuds

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mng posted:

Alternatively:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU