Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite/Favourite subtitle?
This poll is closed.
Revelations 11 12.50%
Resurrection 5 5.68%
Retribution 6 6.82%
All-Stars 66 75.00%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/PressStartKofi/status/774589466430345216

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Miiiiiike! :argh:

It still hurts after all this time.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I just finished Abzu. I played through it with my 3-year-old son and it was awesome. Just the right amount of menace for him (aside from a couple sequences that I skipped us over) and the storytelling at its core uses very simple "red vs blue" kind of language that he could get the gist of.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Inafune is a genius

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Real hurthling! posted:

Inafune is a genius

People tweeting at him that maybe it's a problem the day 1 patch will alleviate, he says he already downloaded the 6 gig day 1 patch.

If you can't trust a day 1 patch these days what can you trust?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Soooo I guess I should wait for the inevitable GOTY edition with all the actual content of the new Deus Ex game like I'm doing with Fallout 4

Sakurazuka posted:

Miiiiiike! :argh:

It still hurts after all this time.

He's like the only one who actually helps you in the game where you're pretty isolated. And it feels terrible to have the badass power of a helicopter taken away from you so quickly and suddenly in a game where you've been using small man-portable arms the entire time.

Like a question I want answered about RE4 is why your kick turns into a suplex once you get into the castle.

"Time to get serious and stop messing around" says Leon as he sees the situation deteriorating.

Then shouldn't you have gotten something even more PRO WRASSLIN' when you get to the island?

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 10, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Monkey Fracas posted:

Soooo I guess I should wait for the inevitable GOTY edition with all the actual content of the new Deus Ex game like I'm doing with Fallout 4

You absolutely should

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Dewgy posted:

This story reminds me of the first time I ever played Vampire: TM Bloodlines. A buddy insisted I try it, it's the best thing ever, etc. Made my dude, started wandering around, reach the combat tutorial, and... nothing. Can't fight, can't go into third person, it just kind of doesn't do anything.

Open the inventory, and it's empty. Like, completely empty. Apparently in V:TM, you should have basic dummy equipment for "unarmed" and "no armor" but I didn't even have that. We had to spawn in the dummy objects via the console so that I could actually equip nothing (as opposed to having no nothing to equip) and keep playing the game past the first five minutes.

Two hours later, it crashed to desktop at random. I haven't really had the heart to try it again since.

What a broken trainwreck of a game. It's still one of my all-time favorites. I chugged through the initial non-patched release when it was new. So many bugs. Never encountered that one, though. I do recall one bug in which animations stopped, but movement didn't, so everyone ghosted around like loving marionettes and it was more terrifying than anything else that game tried to conjure.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And Leon misses his chance to shag the presidents daughter once again.

RE4 verdict: still owns though some bits are obviously showing their age and it's not as hard as I remember it being.

The end credits showing the rise of the Las Plagas cult is a cool touch.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

That's worse than Witcher 3 on PS4, which I almost didn't think was possible...

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CottonWolf posted:

That's worse than Witcher 3 on PS4, which I almost didn't think was possible...

Speaking of, is it expected at all that the GOTY edition of Witcher 3 will improve loading times or is that just not really possible without an overhaul?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yeah, beat Adventure Island 2 this morning. Now I can move onto the third game I bought months ago.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Unfunny Poster posted:

Never had that issue with VTM on Steam. That's really weird.

credburn posted:

What a broken trainwreck of a game. It's still one of my all-time favorites. I chugged through the initial non-patched release when it was new. So many bugs. Never encountered that one, though. I do recall one bug in which animations stopped, but movement didn't, so everyone ghosted around like loving marionettes and it was more terrifying than anything else that game tried to conjure.

I get this reaction a lot, and I definitely believe it was a fluke.

It's really kind of awesome that, as far as I can tell, I'm the only person this ever happened to. I know the game's notoriously unstable but that just means there's so many more depths of broken that have yet to be plumbed. :allears:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dewgy posted:

This story reminds me of the first time I ever played Vampire: TM Bloodlines. A buddy insisted I try it, it's the best thing ever, etc. Made my dude, started wandering around, reach the combat tutorial, and... nothing. Can't fight, can't go into third person, it just kind of doesn't do anything.

Open the inventory, and it's empty. Like, completely empty. Apparently in V:TM, you should have basic dummy equipment for "unarmed" and "no armor" but I didn't even have that. We had to spawn in the dummy objects via the console so that I could actually equip nothing (as opposed to having no nothing to equip) and keep playing the game past the first five minutes.

Two hours later, it crashed to desktop at random. I haven't really had the heart to try it again since.

you're supposed to use the fan patch you dumbo

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Lobok posted:

Speaking of, is it expected at all that the GOTY edition of Witcher 3 will improve loading times or is that just not really possible without an overhaul?

I can't imagine it does. I would have thought that they'd have patched it back into the original game if that were the case.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Welcome to my boudoir

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

The end credits showing the rise of the Las Plagas cult is a cool touch.

It's the only vaguely actually scary/unsettling thing in what is otherwise a cheesy B-movie action romp

Nice little ending

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The regenerators will always be scary/unsettling to me just because of the noises they make.

They were a lot easier than I remember though, I don't think one touched me after I got the infrared scope.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I haven't played a video game in about a week. Boy it's been busy!

I'm glad we brought our 'Bone controller because we don't really have a comfortable desk/table for gaming rn

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mak0rz posted:

I haven't played a video game in about a week. Boy it's been busy!

I'm glad we brought our 'Bone controller because we don't really have a comfortable desk/table for gaming rn

so you got an uncomfortable controller instead?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Mak0rz posted:

i've read this like ten times and i still don't know what's being conveyed. are you going to use the controller as a desk or something

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FutonForensic posted:

I've had it with the wild conjecture. I'm taking matters into my own hands.

Sonic and the Mario Bros., under one roof! Olympics are over, and already everyone's out of shape.

Sonic and Mario agreed to a friendly competition

to who could first buttslam the other to death.

Luigi agreed to be judge, observing for purely professional reasons.

Mario was in awe of Sonic's power and control, and gained new respect for his old rival.

Sonic was less impressed.

Luigi was the first one to piss himself, because he's Luigi.

Then he fell asleep on the job.

Then he died. He didn't even collapse or anything so grand, he just immediately poofed into an urn.

Ol' Jumpman was too focused on the game to notice.

At this point I waited for Sonic and Mario to die in the middle of their animation, but all their meters reached zero and--

--they were still alive. I ordered the Anal Sex to stop, hoping that they would immediately drop dead when they got off the bed.

Nothing happened. They didn't starve, pass out, or piss themselves. They had hosed past the threshold of death.

Death meant nothing to them now, but neither did life. The only thing that was left was a hollow, pointless existence. Sonic turned to Mario and cried, "Kiss me, you're beautiful! These are truly the last days."

They held hands, and they fell into it, like a daydream or a fever.

Sometimes this forum is alright.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

i've read this like ten times and i still don't know what's being conveyed. are you going to use the controller as a desk or something

They are glad they bought a controller, because otherwise they would be using mouse & keyboard, and they don't have a comfortable table or desk.

I don't know what "rn" is.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

right now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I use sims 3 sex mods ironically too

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Snak posted:

They are glad they bought a controller, because otherwise they would be using mouse & keyboard, and they don't have a comfortable table or desk.

I don't know what "rn" is.

it should be a crime to use a bone controller over m/k regardless of the desk situation

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Snak posted:

Yes, I only brought my laptop with me to the new city so I can leave it on the coffee table and game comfortably from the couch. That means I can play like emulators and stuff at least.

The gaming desktop is still at our old place.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Started Lisa using a steam controller.
P fun, very depressing. Beer bottles are op.

Should i have kept my stuff?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

it should be a crime to use a bone controller over m/k regardless of the desk situation

That pretty seriously depends on the game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Nasgate posted:

using a steam controller.

what is going on today....

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't know where you've been, but using controllers on pc has been pretty common for a bit.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yes, i myself use a 360 controller. but a steam controller ... :whitewater:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

I heard that it was nice for things where you would need to use a mouse/move a cursor sometimes, since the haptic touch thing can do that. Or so I hear.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The steam controller is...good

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

oddium posted:

I prefer my 360 controller, but lisa doesnt have proper controller support.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After getting back into Hearthstone again, I'm hoping Gwent ends up being great and creates some good online card game competition for Blizzard. Gwent in Witcher 3 was a lot of fun.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
This is it.

You did it titty goomba, you left me without any sort of retort. I am without response.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i love when games posters judge things based on hearsay rather than their own experiences though

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i tried to play an hour of fallout 4 and some civ 5 with a steam controller and it was undoubtedly the most miserable controller i've ever used. the back grip buttons were a nice idea though

but i also hate the wii u pro and people go hogwild for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

oddium posted:

i tried to play an hour of fallout 4 and some civ 5 with a steam controller and it was undoubtedly the most miserable controller i've ever used. the back grip buttons were a nice idea though

but i also hate the wii u pro and people go hogwild for that

I find its a pretty poor controller for sure. But its better than using a keyboard on my couch.

• Locked thread