Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

jase1 posted:

That loss put me at -17k for the month on my gambling. I have been getting my rear end handed to me at the poker table too. Wife shut me down for the month because she knows I will chase like a motherfucker and she is right. So we decided to go on vacation for 2 weeks until football starts. As long as Disney and Universal studios don't have things to gamble on I should be okay. I feel like overall in MMA I am still ahead but it can't be by much. At one point I know I was up to 30k profit from MMA gambling but since I changed bookies I lost most of my info on that. Awesome fight either way and I was going nuts went Diaz made that comeback at the end of the 2nd and all of the third. I thought with the takedown at the end of the fight it would have sealed it for Diaz but I guess I don't know poo poo about scoring because every where I have read says the scoring was pretty spot on.

Each round is scored individually so the takedown at the end of the fight only really secured the 5th round for Diaz. He still lost 3 other rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I think I've lost every handshake bet I've made on mma

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
jase1 is playing the long game and will be back on top

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Don't bet on mma

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm putting $20 on Cody Walker/AJ McKee to last under 1.5 rounds at -125 since 12/15 of the fights both guys have had lasted less than 1.5 rounds vOv

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Each round is scored individually so the takedown at the end of the fight only really secured the 5th round for Diaz. He still lost 3 other rounds.

If you had 10k on the fight you might find a way to see more of those rounds for your guy. No offense jase1!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
retroactive betting story but i bet on the bendo fight to go at least 2.5 rounds. it was stopped at 2.26 of round 2 due to injury lmao

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
got no gut feelings about this card so i've just got $30 on a long multi. smilin sam, joe, paige, oliveira, handsome carlos.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

got no gut feelings about this card so i've just got $30 on a long multi. smilin sam, joe, paige, oliveira, handsome carlos.

Good luck, I like those bets.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I put some money on Carlos

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I don't even think it's that good of a bet I just want some action tonight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

I don't even think it's that good of a bet I just want some action tonight

The best thing about betting on Carlos in this fight is that you're guaranteed to be spending at least 2 rounds making GBS threads your pants.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

The best thing about betting on Carlos in this fight is that you're guaranteed to be spending at least 2 rounds making GBS threads your pants.

Gonna be good

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Where do you guys do your betting?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Where do you guys do your betting?

bovada for me, in the states online.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Going to vegas for the first time in a few weeks. where should I go to gamble on mma that won't be happening while I'm there or do anything else in vegas?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I make bets in Jackpot, Nevada. Cactus Pete's baby

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My friends got us rooms at the venetian. I have no idea what I'm in for.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Have fun dude

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Make sure to hit an open mat when in vegas.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

origami posted:

Make sure to hit an open mat when in vegas.

I'm such a newbie I would probably just embarrass myself.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i'd probably suggest just getting hosed up and going to rad shows / good restaurants etc.

the venetian is loving cool too and whenever i go back to vegas it will be my first choice of accommodation.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Will be in Vegas the weekend of the 10th just in time to bet on UFC 203. Is Caesar's Sportbook better or worse then any of the others within easy walking distance? Hoping to get some decent action for 203 and then Week 1 of the NFL on Sunday.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm such a newbie I would probably just embarrass myself.

Seeing new things from new folks will only elevate your game but I understand what you mean.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Some fun bets this weekend.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Uriah Faber is a slight underdog against Rivera and I honestly think he takes it, so I'm on him for a 20 at +110. I've got Gall by KO in the first round for the same to win a hundred.

He'll submit Punk just so I lose my money I'm sure.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

100 on ggg, Faber, lentz, Gonzalez parlay.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I put a few shekels on Overeem, Faber, and Werdum single bets. Was tempted to do Overeem by KO at +180 but it's possible Stipe survives a few rounds, wins a few rounds, and Overeem barely gets by with a decision win. Same goes for Stipe. So I felt the straight up +115 bet was a little safer for about the same return. there's my analysis

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Jase, is your wife gonna let the reins go and let you bet on your boy?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

20 on calderwood, i think she's got this and she's the slight underdog
20 on werdum to beat the poo poo out of travis
10 on CM PUNK because i said i would in another thread before i saw him sparring a couple of weeks ago. and i sorta want to see him win.
10 on the reem because i think it's a coin flip and he's paying a bit over 2:1

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I got 40 on the term. Stipe won me some cash against werdum but I think he's gonna lose

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The Reem

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

10 on the reem because i think it's a coin flip and he's paying a bit over 2:1

I know what you meant but this tripped me out, if Reem was a 2:1 dog that would be an insane bet, as it is i think the odds are more or less accurate

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I feel like most fights between top ten heavyweights should be 50/50 odds at this point

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

I know what you meant but this tripped me out, if Reem was a 2:1 dog that would be an insane bet, as it is i think the odds are more or less accurate

I thought I hosed up for sure

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manyak posted:

Sorry I occasionally try to convert it to something you guys can easily understand and it's really not that hard but, yeah.

fatherdog posted:

I feel like most fights between top ten heavyweights should be 50/50 odds at this point

Pretty much..

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm putting $25 on Miocic since I'm rooting for Overeem and can be happy either way.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Just got home from my 2 week sabbatical where 1 week was no drinking, no smoking pot and most important no gambling. Wife is happy with her Harry Potter poo poo and Disney Princess stuff from Universal and Disneyworld. Trip cost me more than what I am betting tonight so I have free reign to do what I want. My account is at 0 and my bookie is itching for action so. I put 5k on mickey gall to win by tko at +250 and 10k on Stipe @-115 just for the fact that he is repping Cleveland. Football betting starts tomorrow for me so this is just the beginning. I will be down the street from the event playing poker and drinking everything in sight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

jase1 posted:

Just got home from my 2 week sabbatical where 1 week was no drinking, no smoking pot and most important no gambling. Wife is happy with her Harry Potter poo poo and Disney Princess stuff from Universal and Disneyworld. Trip cost me more than what I am betting tonight so I have free reign to do what I want. My account is at 0 and my bookie is itching for action so. I put 5k on mickey gall to win by tko at +250 and 10k on Stipe @-115 just for the fact that he is repping Cleveland. Football betting starts tomorrow for me so this is just the beginning. I will be down the street from the event playing poker and drinking everything in sight.

Good luck man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless