Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Mister Adequate posted:

And it's PharMercy who go to McD's, but only because they take their child D.va there!

Don't be silly, Soldier 76 is dad and Mercy is mom and DVa is the kid.

Christ obviously, guys.

Maybe they have an open relationship though I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

D.Va is not so much a child, more of a Doritos-munching & Mountain Dew-chugging gremlin who was raised by people on Xbox Live.

I felt like that should be clarified.

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp

Morpheus posted:

Don't be silly, Soldier 76 is dad and Mercy is mom and DVa is the kid.

Christ obviously, guys.

Maybe they have an open relationship though I dunno.

There are no heterosexuals in video games, you fool.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Mierenneuker posted:

D.Va is not so much a child, more of a Doritos-munching & Mountain Dew-chugging gremlin who was raised by people on Xbox Live.

My favorite little thing about Overwatch is how the majority of D.Va fanart focuses on the Dorito Gremlin aspect instead of the usual hypersexed fantasies you tend to get.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

"why not both" - the internet

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
76 and Mercy had a baby and it was a gremlin then they broke up and Mercy is with Pharah and 76 is with Reaper now and also Reinhardt and Ana are the grandparents.

Strategic Tea posted:

"why not both" - the internet

https://twitter.com/lostliddell/status/748025357773717505

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

According to the internet they are actually boyfriends who make out all the time while eating at McDonalds.

Weird, everything I've come across seems to point to everyone being a bird.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

this isn't a good train of conversation

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Oh my god that junkrat/roadhog picture is fantastic.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Uh anyway so I'm playing SMT IV: Apocalypse and I love how easy demon fusing is in this one - there's a very robust search function that allows you to find specific demons you want to make, whether you have them or not, whether you want to search your compendium for demons to fuse or use specific demons in your inventory, it's great. I see that, for example, there's a level 6 Beast demon required for a specific fusion and I can just search for "Beast" "Level 1-9" "Use Compendium" "Only Demons I Don't Have" and bam, there's the demon I want (it was a cat thing with a hat). No more looking up FAQs and guessing poo poo.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The music in Xenoblade Chronicles X is goddamn incredible and I like almost every track.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Weird, everything I've come across seems to point to everyone being a bird.

What the gently caress

Ryoshi posted:

The music in Xenoblade Chronicles X is goddamn incredible and I like almost every track.

Uh, yeah UH BOOMCHICKABOOM UH UH YEAH

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~

Ryoshi posted:

INTO THE SUUUUUUUUUN.

Im gonna go explore for awhile now.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Morpheus posted:

Uh anyway so I'm playing SMT IV: Apocalypse and I love how easy demon fusing is in this one - there's a very robust search function that allows you to find specific demons you want to make, whether you have them or not, whether you want to search your compendium for demons to fuse or use specific demons in your inventory, it's great. I see that, for example, there's a level 6 Beast demon required for a specific fusion and I can just search for "Beast" "Level 1-9" "Use Compendium" "Only Demons I Don't Have" and bam, there's the demon I want (it was a cat thing with a hat). No more looking up FAQs and guessing poo poo.
What the gently caress, I thought I'd missed the release date for this and it's not until the 20th, freaked out there.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Now I'm not 100% sure on Overwatch lore but I think Reaper just found McCree wandering around being a cowboy in the year 5,000 and was all "well this guy's just batshit enough to join my team before I turn evil" but then McCree didn't want to be evil because cowboys aren't evil so now they're not friends anymore (but nobody told McCree).

Actually McCree was evil first I guess. He was recruited out of a gang on Route 66 as a child by Reaper.

Presumably an EVIL GANG OF FUTURE COWBOYS.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Saint Freak posted:

Actually McCree was evil first I guess. He was recruited out of a gang on Route 66 as a child by Reaper.

Presumably an EVIL GANG OF FUTURE COWBOYS.

Were they called the Highs Noon?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Were they called the Highs Noon?

Unfortunately that doesn't have a Blizzard Edge (tm) to it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Grimdark Fallenangels was already taken.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Leal posted:

What the gently caress
Oh please that's benign and cutesy compared to a good chunk of Overwatch fanart.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mierenneuker posted:

Blizzard have kinda accepted that as D.Va's personality too now. There's a new emote where she sits down in her mech and starts playing videogames while chugging down a can of soft drink and a bag of chips set in the control arms.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

theshim posted:

What the gently caress, I thought I'd missed the release date for this and it's not until the 20th, freaked out there.

Oh man glad I wasn't the only one there

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
anyways, back to little things in games, my example is basically the entirety of black ops 3's campaign, which turn an otherwise run of the mill story into something batshit insane, in a really interesting way. One of the few cases where it was a dream, if indeed that's what it was, makes the story better, not worse.

But most of all, I like how Taylor is a unisex name.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Blizzard have kinda accepted that as D.Va's personality too now. There's a new emote where she sits down in her mech and starts playing videogames while chugging down a can of soft drink and a bag of chips set in the control arms.

The chips are even D.Vitos if you can angle the camera right. Girl's got merchandising deals.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The Iron Rose posted:

anyways, back to little things in games, my example is basically the entirety of black ops 3's campaign, which turn an otherwise run of the mill story into something batshit insane, in a really interesting way. One of the few cases where it was a dream, if indeed that's what it was, makes the story better, not worse.

But most of all, I like how Taylor is a unisex name.

The only two flaws with BLOPS3's story mode are the always-on requirement (if you lose connection, you're dumped back to the title screen, lol gently caress you Activision) and the fact that the male voice is not actually Norm MacDonald. Other than that it is really, really good.

The end of that first mission is the most visceral thing I've seen in a game in a long time.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

In the latest Rocket League update, there is a new mode called Rumble. In it, everyone gets a random power (spikes, harpoon, boxing glove, etc.) every 10 seconds.

If the kickoff timer is 10 seconds or less, you will start with the remaining time -1 second on your power timer.

This means that everyone will have a literal last second chance to score some Hail Mary play because the match doesn't end until the timer is zero and the ball touches the ground.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wintermutant posted:

My favorite little thing about Overwatch is how the majority of D.Va fanart focuses on the Dorito Gremlin aspect instead of the usual hypersexed fantasies you tend to get.

Dorito Gremlin is infinity times more better than what I was expecting.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

slingshot effect posted:

There are no heterosexuals in video games, you fool.

Fixed.

Anyway, I recently got No Man's Sky and as someone who is terrible at FPSs I'm actually enjoying most of it. My favourite thing is that if you try and be sneaky about shooting down those reinforced doors guarded by Sentinels instead of massacring them, eventually they'll get annoyed and one will hover by the door to stare you down while you try to shoot it.

Roro has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Sep 10, 2016

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I kind of want to see the tears that would flor if Blizzard gave sexual preferences to the characters. There would be so many meltdown posts worth reading.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Considering the flood of tears that happened when Blizzard revealed Pharah isn't actually a quadruple-amputee and Mei isn't actually all that chubby, I wouldn't tempt fate.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

OK, someone explain to me how and why "gremlin" became the go-to word for the character everyone likes to imagine eating junk food and playing video games.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

CJacobs posted:

Considering the flood of tears that happened when Blizzard revealed Pharah isn't actually a quadruple-amputee and Mei isn't actually all that chubby, I wouldn't tempt fate.

Oh my god I thought you were joking. People genuinely argued about her having no arms and legs.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Pastry of the Year posted:

OK, someone explain to me how and why "gremlin" became the go-to word for the character everyone likes to imagine eating junk food and playing video games.

cuz when people draw her like this she looks like a gremlin

Len posted:

Oh my god I thought you were joking. People genuinely argued about her having no arms and legs.

It was answered like five times on the q&a twitter in a kind of vague way so people kept asking over and over until they got a more specific answer, but it was not the specific answer they hoped

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)

CJacobs posted:

Genji is literally just a head attached to a robot body, I guess that's not disabled enough.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Dorito Gremlin is infinity times more better than what I was expecting.

Canon D.Va is just a Sword Art Online-esque perfect Asian gamer waifu. The fandom's take salvaged her.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Magypsy posted:

Genji is literally just a head attached to a robot body, I guess that's not disabled enough.

Yeah but genji cant be a lesbian therefore he doesn't matter to the fan art community

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Yeah but genji cant be a lesbian therefore he doesn't matter to the fan art community

Huh, far as I've seen, the only people that don't get drawn- because they're boring- are Winston and Bastion. People are generally down with drawing Genji pissing off his brother because 'hey remember that time YOU KILLED ME' or whatever.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, but they've also stated that Lucio's legs are intact, which doesn't make sense given that his knees are clearly robotic joints.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Inco posted:

Yeah, but they've also stated that Lucio's legs are intact, which doesn't make sense given that his knees are clearly robotic joints.

They're intact, they're just not attached to him any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inco posted:

I wondered that one myself, because Lucio's legs are so abruptly different to his upper torso, and the knees are pretty drat clearly enclosed joints which are too small to fit a human leg through. They're also present in every single one of his skins, even the sports ones.