Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

plain blue jacket posted:

I don't know what a therian is

Let's explore one horrible fetish at a time, PBJ, please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Furries are so mainstream they've had their own movie. I don't think bronies are there yet.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Say Nothing posted:

Furries are so mainstream they've had their own movie. I don't think bronies are there yet.

Pokemon: The First Movie came out twenty five years ago.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
this thread has gotten too real

Applewhite posted:

Pokemon: The First Movie came out twenty five years ago.
sometimes, a kids movie is just a kids movie. you can safely assume that anyone who was around for the first movie and was still watching after the seventh, though, was definitely there for their pokemon waifu's sexy bod

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

They lost me at "breastless females." Sounds like this is not my cup of tea.

Listen. If you use all your trait points on a single trait, you got to skimp on some others. You can have talking prehensible vaginas, or you can have making GBS threads dicknipples. But you can't have both.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Applewhite posted:

Let's explore one horrible fetish at a time, PBJ, please!

you've changed dude

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

error1 posted:

I feel like role playing a magical lizard shark wolf thing and being against race mixing is kind of self contradictory, is this like how hitler secretly had jewish ancestry?

I'm the tightly body

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

corn in the bible posted:

stephen universe is awful but i guess it's a gassable offense to say that now, the mods are basically hitlers

I won't gas a thread just for that. I've never seen the show, but I understand it's about anthropomorphic gems and minerals. Some of my students draw pictures of the characters. And I'm not a Hitler. I'm not even a Mussolini.

Maybe I'm a Low Level middle management type. That's about it.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

For the Vilous Wiki, the entire Wiki about Sergals and the world setting they come from, see the link at the bottom of the page. Strangely enough for a wiki about all things /tg/, this article is mostly about sergals on /tg/.

Sergals are a very strange species made by a very strange Japanese furry named Trancy Mick (or "Mick39" these days). She gave them a number of nonstandard biological features, including huge ripping "molars" like shark teeth, a pointed, angled snout, breastless females, a raptor-like posture.

Sergals enjoy murder, violence, cannibalism, invoking fear in their enemies. The most popular Sergal is General Rain Silves, recognized by her yellow eyes marked with streaks of blood. She eats babies. More recent art of Rain has showed a spiraling descent into madness, drunk with her increasingly powerful and extreme shape-shifting abilities.At this rate, she'll ascend into godhood, like the Lovecraft version of Hercules.

Sergals are a contentious subject, with the furry crowd clamoring for them and the majority of /tg/ doing their utmost to flame them away.

Most of the 'legitimate' Sergal-statting threads have been made and have discussed everything there is to discuss, and the same few anons that made their stats and pages are now working on a Unified Setting for /tg/ that is basically a fantasy setting containing a lot of /tg/'s original content as well as helping other races get statted and/or helping fledgeling projects and otherwise getting poo poo done for /tg/.

Sergals have been statted for D&D 4e, D&D 3.5e, GURPS, and Dark Heresy. Sort-of-recent examples of some of these can be found on this page somewhere maybe. A mod created for Dorf Fort has been made available that includes them into the game.

The most well-known Sergal on /tg/ apart from Rain is John, the female sergal from Joanquest.

gently caress it I'm just going to call them spergals from now on.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Say Nothing posted:

If you think furries are bad now, there are gonna be whole new generations of hordes of young furries raised on this movie

You can't fight it. Embrace the furry.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

how do you see out of that thing, like do your eyes have to be spaced as wide as the ones on the mask

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Kenzie posted:

If you think furries are bad now, there are gonna be whole new generations of hordes of young furries raised on this movie

seems like there's less furry poo poo for kids these days tbh. almost every cartoon when i was a kid involved talking animals, and i didn't turn out to be a furry just because i liked tiny toons and rescue rangers when i was 8

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the furry agenda is real

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Kenzie posted:

At least they'll be racially tolerant.

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
are beetleborgs furries?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeiXE60prpY

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

GameCube posted:

the furry agenda is real

If you'd posted the bottom half of the picture you'd realize that this scene is taken out of context.

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.

Applewhite posted:

They lost me at "breastless females." Sounds like this is not my cup of tea.

Good riddance.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
maybe theyre playing chess or something

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

sergal tendency posted:

Good riddance.

I'm the sad dogmarine.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

AFAIK they're just an Original Furry Do Not Steal thing

The internet is so good at spreading mental illness that a fetish held by a single person for something existing only in their imagination can be transmitted to others without even needing any actual media to support it.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Applewhite posted:

I'm the sad dogmarine.

They are probably in there playing a super fun CYOA without you! :sigh:

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Vargs posted:

seems like there's less furry poo poo for kids these days tbh. almost every cartoon when i was a kid involved talking animals, and i didn't turn out to be a furry just because i liked tiny toons and rescue rangers when i was 8

I dunno seems like there are an awful lot of talking animal movies around nowadays. Maybe less so with TV cartoons

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

how do you see out of that thing, like do your eyes have to be spaced as wide as the ones on the mask

probably out of the mouth, it's the only part i can really think of that looks like it could be transparent

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.

Das Boo posted:

The gently caress is a sergal? Did a shark gently caress a dog somewhere down the line? How did this not make the news?

Sergals were originally rabbits with fighter jet shaped heads, though the creator is a Star Fox fan so they're actually Arwing heads.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

They have a device to compensate for their lack of hands, but without hands who could have built such a device? I can't masturbate to such poorly thought out fiction.

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
Is this a furry tho?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZBWfyYtYQY

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
i remember this documentary about brownies a long time ago where this fat kid basically said they were a force more powerful than the nazis.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Moon Atari posted:

They have a device to compensate for their lack of hands, but without hands who could have built such a device? I can't masturbate to such poorly thought out fiction.

wouldnt the thing holding it break because that's a loving sniper rifle and needs to be braced or mounted

also the barrel folding closed like that wouldn't work, it would just flip up or break off when fired

there's so many things that dont work

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

lol at people trying to figure out the machinations of retard fan fiction

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

corn in the bible posted:

wouldnt the thing holding it break because that's a loving sniper rifle and needs to be braced or mounted

also the barrel folding closed like that wouldn't work, it would just flip up or break off when fired

there's so many things that dont work

it doesn't shoot bullets

it shoots sparkles

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Kenzie posted:

it doesn't shoot bullets

it shoots sparkles

-LAPD

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Glasgow Kiss posted:

i remember this documentary about brownies a long time ago where this fat kid basically said they were a force more powerful than the nazis.

doubtful. they have plenty of mass but not a lot of momentum

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

doubtful. they have plenty of mass but not a lot of momentum

i dunno man that kid was loving huge and dense

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
yiffing

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Glasgow Kiss posted:

well obesity is a leading cause of death today

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

plain blue jacket posted:

I don't know what a therian is

Furries as a religion

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

Furries as a religion

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=therian
Short for therianthrope a therian is somebody who feels a connection with an animal. Not necessarily an animal from this plane either, although most accepted therians tend to be animals such as wolves or big cats there are some who believe themselves to be unicorns or other mythical creatures.
The connection the person feels with the animal can range from feeling they have been born into the wrong body (similar to those with gender issues) to simply a belief that they were an animal in a past life and still retain some memories or behaviours of said animal.
Therians do not physically become the animal they have a connection with, although some do describe "mental shifts" where they feel their whole thought process becomes that of the animals.
Therians are not to be confused with the Furry fandom who have a completely different relationship with animals.....
Her therian nature came to the fore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kenzie posted:

I dunno seems like there are an awful lot of talking animal movies around nowadays. Maybe less so with TV cartoons

They're still out there!

• Locked thread