Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
Low dose DMT in a joint is basically 100x better than good MDMA for empathy and free love, and shorter, and gets the job done quick. Those machine elves be working on your frontal cortex even when you not ego deathing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Salvia is the best drug for machine elves, to be fair.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
salvia is the worst drug, to be fair

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

i had drugs but this loving girl came over and took them all and there was nothing i could do about it she didn't even show me her butt

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Yeah the creepy machine elves with their crayon factory where nothing is round or soft, they do not give a poo poo about us.

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

Stinky_Pete posted:

salvia is the worst drug, to be fair

This. And also low dose DMT in a joint gives no visible machine elves like salvia. You don't have to ego death every time. Just make sure you get real DMT or make it.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Cordon bleu posted:

This. And also low dose DMT in a joint gives no visible machine elves like salvia. You don't have to ego death every time. Just make sure you get real DMT or make it.

Ahh that advice sounds like my work self and not my goon self lalalalala.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

NomChompsky posted:

i had drugs but this loving girl came over and took them all and there was nothing i could do about it she didn't even show me her butt

quote:

It's too many heads to be proper to let my friend hit it
Unless you pull out the fat, crispy
5 dollar bill on the real before it's history
'Cause fools be having them vacuum lungs
An if you let em hit it for free you hella dum-da-dum-dumb

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Cordon bleu posted:

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I would like to purchase a ego death

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Hey Pick, I'm an rear end in a top hat and I'll probably break your heart. We should date.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Facebook Aunt posted:

Agreed. I really noticed it when I watched a few British TV shows. There were no freaks or hambeasts, but most of the characters were "hollywood ugly'. Some of them obviously didn't get braces as a kid. Some of them didn't have perfectly symmetrical faces. Some of the women were over 30. :monocle: It took a few minutes to register that they weren't actually ugly, they were just normal, average looking people of all ages. Still better looking than a lot of people you'll see at walmart.

Meanwhile american TV people look like this:

Hey nerds, an average guy (no matter how socially awkward or poorly dressed) ought to be able to snag a Penny. Or at worst an Amy. Amy is the ugly one because her nose is a bit bigger than the ideal, and she doesn't curl her hair.

The actors themselves could all easily be 8+ with different styling. No acne, no fatties, no facial irregularities. Above average physical specimens.

Lmao welcome to the real world you shut in american idiot.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah it's not some big revelation that TV actors aren't really representative of average people.

It is kinda nice that British TV tones it down a bit though and has a bit more realistic people on there versus "even the ugly nerd is still a 9/10 lol"

Although this woman is hot as fuckkkkkkkk in my humble opinion and she's from Brit TV

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You'd think Americans would know ugly since they got so many of them

But I guess these ultra dorks sit in their dark rooms all day and only go out when they absolutely have to, probably spending the entire time on their cellphone reading reddit or playing pokemon go so they dont notice the sea of normal and ugly looking folk literally everywhere

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah it's not some big revelation that TV actors aren't really representative of average people.

It is kinda nice that British TV tones it down a bit though and has a bit more realistic people on there versus "even the ugly nerd is still a 9/10 lol"

Although this woman is hot as fuckkkkkkkk in my humble opinion and she's from Brit TV

The difference is on Brit TV she'll still be able to get jobs in 20 or 30 years. They have some hot young people, they just don't throw them away when the get a wrinkle.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CrazyLoon posted:

castrate everyone imo, to prevent rape!

:agreed:

It will lead to our extinction, but that's a small price to pay.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Youthful beauty really isn't as rare as it's made out to be, especially if you make even a modest effort at it.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Cordon bleu posted:

Low dose DMT in a joint is basically 100x better than good MDMA for empathy and free love, and shorter, and gets the job done quick. Those machine elves be working on your frontal cortex even when you not ego deathing.

When I smoked DMT the first hit just felt like shrooms.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

You'd think Americans would know ugly since they got so many of them

But I guess these ultra dorks sit in their dark rooms all day and only go out when they absolutely have to, probably spending the entire time on their cellphone reading reddit or playing pokemon go so they dont notice the sea of normal and ugly looking folk literally everywhere

They drive to work in the moms minnie van or they get the basement again.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

Youthful beauty really isn't as rare as it's made out to be, especially if you make even a modest effort at it.

... go on

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

With the right lighting, custom fit clothing, a little makeup, a recent bath, and a few drinks, most people can at the very least have an attractive je ne sais quoi during their physical and sexual peak.

E: this assumes face-to-face encounters

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pvt.Scott posted:

E: this assumes face-to-face encounters

drat I was doing all that poo poo and I wondered why I never scored! gently caress leaving my house tho.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Let's go full-on autist:

Assume that the median on the bell curve of physical attraction means that everyone above the 50th percentile is attractive. If everyone over that percentile uses basic hygiene and dress sense, even from bargain-basement stores and products, they'll exhibit some form of beauty. That's half of everyone.

And at least 25% directly below the median can make up for the difference with style, confidence, charisma, and generally being a fundamentally decent person which makes them appear more physically attractive.

That's up to 75% of everyone in the population.

Beauty-- not that rare.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

mind the walrus posted:

Let's go full-on autist:

Assume that the median on the bell curve of physical attraction means that everyone above the 50th percentile is attractive. If everyone over that percentile uses basic hygiene and dress sense, even from bargain-basement stores and products, they'll exhibit some form of beauty. That's half of everyone.

And at least 25% directly below the median can make up for the difference with style, confidence, charisma, and generally being a fundamentally decent person which makes them appear more physically attractive.

That's up to 75% of everyone in the population.

Beauty-- not that rare.

It's not evenly distributed through. Most 21 year old women are kinda pretty. Most 71 year old women are not.

"People who look good in beachwear" is probably less than 50% of the total population.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-a64OwOYqU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

"People who look good in beachwear" is probably less than 50% of the total population.

only because they don't eat right and work out.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

only because they don't eat right and work out.

Not even a lot. Like walking 30 minutes a day, some very basic bodyweight exercises, and not eating fast food goes a long way in and of itself.

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's not evenly distributed through. Most 21 year old women are kinda pretty. Most 71 year old women are not.

Ah, I should have specified. I was thinking "non-elderly." You're right.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

sorry ladies youre not with the standard deviation of fuckability

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
You loving goons. Shut the gently caress up about drugs. Post more dumbass pictures to make fun of.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Mr. 47 posted:

You loving goons. Shut the gently caress up about drugs. Post more dumbass pictures to make fun of.

Yes, Al Capone was an upstanding member of society.

Edit: and those guys in the ninth image are are wearing bowler hats, not fedoras. You'd think people who obsess over a specific type of hat would know how to identify it from other hats.

guns for tits fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 11, 2016

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
he thinks the oddjob hat is a fedora

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Doc Friday posted:

those guys in the ninth image

seriously?

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Mr. 47 posted:

1. Period appropriate. 2. See #1. 3. He's fictional. 4. He looks like a dork. 5. He's a hired goon for a loanshark, also fictional. 6. Drinks heavily, hits his wife. 7. um ACTUALLY that's a TRILBY 8. Probably in costume for a period piece 9. Those are bowlers you loving idiot 10. Who the gently caress is that even 11. Punks also wore safety pins in their noses, don't see you sticking up for that one 12-18. Pics only represent 0.0000001% of people who don't look like nerds who raided Grandpa's closet

F- see me after class

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

The Tao Jones posted:

10. Who the gently caress is that even

I thought it was Bruce Willis, but I couldn't find any pictures of him playing lovely Bruce Willis Blues wearing that hat so IDK

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

yeah it's probably bruce willis

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Google says https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Armstrong.

Flyball fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 12, 2016

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

oh dang you're right. bruce willie tricked us

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Also known as: Lint

Lead singer of Rancid

10/10 classy, basically Humphrey Bogart

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Mr. 47 posted:

someone investigate to see if fedora lounge is are thing tia

naem
May 29, 2011

It turns out that if you're real handsome you can wear a stupid hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

vodkat posted:

someone investigate to see if fedora lounge is are thing tia

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/

it is. it seems mostly to be a clothing forum for sadbrains and other types. some nice leather jackets though.

• Locked thread