Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Inco posted:

Yeah, but they've also stated that Lucio's legs are intact, which doesn't make sense given that his knees are clearly robotic joints.

The trailer this is from is pretty old by this point but here's Lucio with legs

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 19:49 on Sep 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I've been slowly going through Brothers

I like the incidental side stuff that you can get involved with, but don't have to in order to progress.

there's a guy who's trying to hang himself and you need one brother to hold him up and another brother to free the noose. and when he's set free he's just sitting on the ground weeping. the only way to comfort him is to give him the music box that's left in the burned down house next to his dead family.

between interacting with the npcs and platforming with two people across some towering structures, it's giving me okami and ico vibes.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
In Arkham Knight I will never not laugh at the radar enemies in stealth sections that will track you if you're relying on your x-ray vision mode. They have a ridiculous amount of dialogue - some of it absurdly specific - for when they discover your location, but my personal favourite is when you're right behind them at the time:

"I've got him! I've got his signal! He's right...behind...oh no :stare:"

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Len posted:

I kind of want to see the tears that would flor if Blizzard gave sexual preferences to the characters. There would be so many meltdown posts worth reading.

Blizzard added overt LGBT characters in WoW's latest expansion, the first in any Blizzard game ever. There hasn't been much rage, probably because they're blink-and-you'll-miss-it minor characters.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Blizzard added overt LGBT characters in WoW's latest expansion, the first in any Blizzard game ever. There hasn't been much rage, probably because they're blink-and-you'll-miss-it minor characters.

I'm pretty sure for overwatch the danger is in stating anyone as the two old people as canonically straight.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ha, pretty much. As CJacobs mentioned earlier there was a weird amount of hostility towards Blizzard because one of the characters turned out to have all her limbs intact. I dread to think what would happen if it turned out this same character turned out to be hetero, in complete defiance of all the fan art that's sprung up.

It's a tricky one but yeah, Blizzard are slowly becoming more comfortable with this kind of thing and it's great to see. If they don't pull off Bioware's Planet of the Gay Ghetto I'll be happy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CJacobs posted:

The trailer this is from is pretty old by this point but here's Lucio with legs

im the guy with the absurdly tiny head.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cythereal posted:

Who and where are they, out of curiosity? I must've blunk and missed them.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Star Trek Online had some lesbian Klingons in a mission added last year I think? One of the official forums moderators complained that it was inappropriate for a T rated game and he was re-thinking allowing his kids to play the game, he was fired like a week later.

All it really was in the game was two Klingon ladies mentioning that they were married.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

NuDoom has not just a colour-blind option, but even options for specific variations of colour-blindness.

I mean it still doesn't really help, but it's nice to see them try.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Doom: GOTY 2016.

I liked the Skyrim-helmeted skeleton easter egg in the level right before the final boss.

Even Dohvakiin can't kill satan.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Who and where are they, out of curiosity? I must've blunk and missed them.

Three examples in Legion: there's a lesbian couple of human monk trainees in the monk class hall (which were confirmed by a Blizzard employee to be shout-outs to that employee and her girlfriend), one enchanting profession quest person is a night elf ghost woman who asks you to break the curse on her lover (who turns out to be another night elf woman) so they can be together forever in the afterlife, and you can stumble across Marcus from the steamy romance novels in the aftermath of a m/m/f threesome with two tauren.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

poptart_fairy posted:

Ha, pretty much. As CJacobs mentioned earlier there was a weird amount of hostility towards Blizzard because one of the characters turned out to have all her limbs intact. I dread to think what would happen if it turned out this same character turned out to be hetero, in complete defiance of all the fan art that's sprung up.

It's a tricky one but yeah, Blizzard are slowly becoming more comfortable with this kind of thing and it's great to see. If they don't pull off Bioware's Planet of the Gay Ghetto I'll be happy.

Wait, I didn't play Mass Effect past the first game, but Planet of the Gay Ghetto?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ashsaber posted:

Wait, I didn't play Mass Effect past the first game, but Planet of the Gay Ghetto?

When they introduced same-sex romances to their Star Wars MMO it was all confined to one planet-of-the-gays. No idea if homosexuality has spread across the galaxy since then.

EDIT: On the subject MMO forum moderators and gays, I think there was some controversy pre-release when someone on the forums asked if there would be gay romance options in the game and one of the moderators replied that homosexuality doesn't exist in Star Wars.

Veotax has a new favorite as of 21:51 on Sep 11, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Ashsaber posted:

It's poptart_fairy being poptart_fairy.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Veotax posted:

When they introduced same-sex romances to their Star Wars MMO it was all confined to one planet-of-the-gays. No idea if homosexuality has spread across the galaxy since then.

EDIT: On the subject MMO forum moderators and gays, I think there was some controversy pre-release when someone on the forums asked if there would be gay romance options in the game and one of the moderators replied that homosexuality doesn't exist in Star Wars.

This again.

TOR launched with nothing but straight romances. This being Bioware, a lot of fans expected same-sex romances and asked about it on the forums. A dev said they had been planned they just didn't make it in to launch and would be patched in soon. When soon passed, people posted more and a moderator said that people in Star Wars don't think of themselves as gay or straight or bi, they're just attracted to who they're attracted to and no one makes a big deal about it or considers it an identity - this is the response that everyone said was "No gays in Star Wars!"

Also, Makeb had two queer romance options: a bisexual woman for the Republic and a gay man for the Empire. Both ended in a kiss, nothing more, and they've never been seen or mentioned again.

Shadows of Revan added two recurring NPCs who could be romanced, a man and a woman. Both had completely gender neutral romances that never mentioned your gender at all. They've since been joined by a second man. None lead to anything more provocative than a kiss.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Marooned on the Planet of the Gays

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Do the hetero romances show more than a kiss?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Inzombiac posted:

Yes. The companions in the class storylines almost all end in marriage, sex, and making preparations for having kids.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Full on insertion. It's actually kinda uncomfortable.

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

TontoCorazon posted:

Full on insertion. It's actually kinda uncomfortable.

I'm all for pushing boundaries in games, but after that scene I really wish they had at least circumcised Wrex.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Veotax posted:

Star Trek Online had some lesbian Klingons in a mission added last year I think? One of the official forums moderators complained that it was inappropriate for a T rated game and he was re-thinking allowing his kids to play the game, he was fired like a week later.

All it really was in the game was two Klingon ladies mentioning that they were married.

It was one line where one referred to the other as "my mate" or something innocuous, but yeah. Also it was an unpaid community mod iirc, but the whole thing was still idiotic.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Letting kids play a Star Trek MMO is bad parenting regardless.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

They do but you know Bioware romance.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Guy Mann posted:

It's poptart_fairy being poptart_fairy.

"poptart_fairy is saying what literally happened".

Um, nice burn...?

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Witcher 3 never locks you out of being able to wear the dumb cosmetic items you have to acquire for quests and the like. Want to run around in a goofy bird mask or wear a crown of laurels all the time? You absolutely can and it is great.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
But not Yennifer's dress :argh:

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I am so upset with myself that when I first played through, I found Eskel outside and stopped the drunken shenanigans there for fear of pissing off Yen. New game +? poo poo YEAH LETS GET loving REKT.

Also a nice part of Witcher 3: There's a set of sidequests that deal with a manor outside of the major city. If you complete one where you're solving a murder and chasing a murder out of the manor, when you return for the other quest, the characters (without prompting!) will recognize each other and what is previously a choice of how to persuade that "Hey, uh, this dude will be fine with me" is now a "I murdered that dude that did the bad thing, no worries". A small change, but great.

Also great is character knowledge being separate and entwined with player knowledge. Once you get to the isles, there's a man in a particular clan's dress. Even if you've read nothing about the isles before as a player, because Geralt had spent time on the isles previously (and from the backstory, extensively), he recognizes the clan colors and calls the NPC out on bullshit. It's similarly entwined with player knowledge, too: If you do the quest to find Phillipa Eilhart at her wizard-base, you can get a letter that is from one of her (female) lovers flabbergasted that she left her for Djikstra. Later, when Djikstra is chiding you for letting Triss go with the rest of the mages, he tells you a story about how he went to a Sorceress and got shot down because she liked women, noting that it was Phillipa herself. At which point you can call bullshit. It's beautiful!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The Something Awful Forums > Main > PYF > The Entirety of The Witcher III: was CD Projekt RED paid per easter egg?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
In Resident Evil 4 you fight an ex comrade in a knife duel QTE and later on, you fight for real over the expanse of a map before a final confrontation up a tower. Thing is, if you knife fight him during the non QTE part your knife does MASSIVE damage and it's by far and away the easiest way to kill him. Pretty cool.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just finished Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies. Love the final breakdown of Bobby Fullbright, the Phantom. He's a man who hasn't used his own face in so long he has literally forgotten who he is, so when ordered to confront his fears with his own face he completely loses it, and as the rubble from the ruins of the courtroom rains down around him, every time a chunk passes his face he has changed his mask, all the while panicking and shouting "Is this me? Is it this? Before a sniper hits him and he falls, his mask beside him and his face in shadows.

So good.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
The final freak out of the last antagonist is usually built up to be super satisfying in Phoenix wright titles.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RagnarokAngel posted:

The final freak out of the last antagonist is usually built up to be super satisfying in Phoenix wright titles.

My favourite is still the finale from the first game :bang:.

That or Aristotle Means in Dual Destinies.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My favourite is still the finale from the first game :bang:.

That or Aristotle Means in Dual Destinies.

Yeah, Means was pretty great. His chalkboard was really expressive.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Something from the new Ace Attorney, Spirit of Justice; When you see Retinz do his animation of idly flicking a trick coin into the air, if you listen closely it actually sounds like several coins stacked together. It's an amazing little detail just for a character's idle animation.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Little thing I just noticed in Katamari that I think is cool: When you have one minute left on the timer, the king will pipe in with "You have 1 minute remaining!" just in case you don't notice. But if he's talking already when you reach the 1 minute mark, he'll say however much time is left after he finishes what he's currently saying (so if he finishes 10 seconds later, he'll say "you have 50s remaining!" instead, etc).

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Little thing I just noticed in Katamari that I think is cool: When you have one minute left on the timer, the king will pipe in with "You have 1 minute remaining!" just in case you don't notice. But if he's talking already when you reach the 1 minute mark, he'll say however much time is left after he finishes what he's currently saying (so if he finishes 10 seconds later, he'll say "you have 50s remaining!" instead, etc).

I always loved his rants when you start the stage, cutting off his introduction for it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, his increasing incredulity as the game goes on is great. There's one level where you have to roll up 3k yen worth of items and if you ignore him he's just like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, I JUST GAVE YOU 300,000 DOLLARS :qq:"

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, his increasing incredulity as the game goes on is great. There's one level where you have to roll up 3k yen worth of items and if you ignore him he's just like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, I JUST GAVE YOU 300,000 DOLLARS :qq:"

Isn't 3k yen like... $30?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yes but the costs of Japanese goods is at a record low.