Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Booyah- posted:

I honestly don't know what to vote for

breakers is the best game on the list, but people will clamor over poo poo rear end windjammers and svc chaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zand posted:

breakers is the best game on the list, but people will clamor over poo poo rear end windjammers and svc chaos

ok zand we have our differences but dissing windjammers is just wrong. pls leave.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

anime was right posted:

ok zand we have our differences but dissing windjammers is just wrong. pls leave.

windjammers is actually a good fit for the tournament tho since its only fun for about 2 games

edit: bang bead is not any better than windjammers but its about the same. if you like dumpy windjammers try bang bead

Zand fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 11, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would rather play SFXT than loving SVC chaos

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Baal posted:

I would rather play SFXT than loving SVC chaos

Does XTekken have the best Dimitri sprite that ever was? No it does not.

That's kinda the only thing I can think it has over SFXT. Oh and Violent Ken. And Mars People.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
and Done loving Around Mr. Karate

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
SVC chaos has the strongest incarnation of Zero

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Commissar Ken posted:

Does XTekken have the best Dimitri sprite that ever was? No it does not.

Having the best sprite for a Darkstalkers characters is like having the best quality version of a Chumbawamba song.

Yeah that's technically cool I guess, but who could give a poo poo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Having the best sprite for a Darkstalkers characters is like having the best quality version of a Chumbawamba song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziMEj7rMxuM

tubthumping is the best fighting game

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

wow rude

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

tubthumper is low-key a p good album wtf

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also the SVC sprites look bad, that's my hot take

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

tubthumper is low-key a p good album wtf

their folk stuff is p good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ijIPS7Xs2I

so is readymades

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

http://art-eater.com/2010/07/test-1-darkstalkers/

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

There is some super old internet meme cover of tubthumping about bombing Saddam Hussein

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Does anyone here have experience working with Marvelous Customs or using their sticks? I'm curious about how comfortable those acrylic cases are. Any issues with sliding around on a flat surface or using it on your lap?

Edit: For reference, what I'm used to is the original-run 2009 Mad Catz TE, which is pretty dang comfy.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Parallax Scroll posted:

Does anyone here have experience working with Marvelous Customs or using their sticks? I'm curious about how comfortable those acrylic cases are. Any issues with sliding around on a flat surface or using it on your lap?

Edit: For reference, what I'm used to is the original-run 2009 Mad Catz TE, which is pretty dang comfy.

I'd recommend getting some felt adhesive pads for the bottom. You can typically find those at any hardware store or home improvement big box worth a crap.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
The polls are closed.

The winning game is.....

SvC: SNK vs Capcom -Chaos!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
who's the dumbest character in this game that was troll voted

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

I'd recommend getting some felt adhesive pads for the bottom. You can typically find those at any hardware store or home improvement big box worth a crap.

Thanks.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Pomp posted:

That depends on who's banned.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If he didn't fuckin ban petshop what makes you think he's gonna ban anyone in svc chaos

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Play Mars People

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

Athena

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umPWH2bMwyk

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
What is with FGs and broken rear end giant birds

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I'm going to teach you the zero infinite

You do j.C

Also geese is incredibly dumb against bad players

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

AnonSpore posted:

Play Mars People

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Does anyone know if hitbox-style controllers still require a SOCD cleaner to be tournament legal? Last I heard it was required, but I don't actually see anything about it in any written tournament rules. I want to make sure I'm getting a legal controller before I order a custom one.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Goetta posted:

What is with FGs and broken rear end giant birds

they fly

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Parallax Scroll posted:

Does anyone know if hitbox-style controllers still require a SOCD cleaner to be tournament legal? Last I heard it was required, but I don't actually see anything about it in any written tournament rules. I want to make sure I'm getting a legal controller before I order a custom one.

On phone so I can't do a hitbox effort post, but most games have a built in SOCD cleaner. What board is it being based on? Later, I can check how mine is wired up.

However, there's no centralized or canonical set of tourney rules. it's up to the organizer.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Serenade posted:

On phone so I can't do a hitbox effort post, but most games have a built in SOCD cleaner. What board is it being based on? Later, I can check how mine is wired up.

However, there's no centralized or canonical set of tourney rules. it's up to the organizer.

I'm getting a dual console 360/ps4 box, and the ps4 side will probably use a Hori FC4 board, which doesn't have a cleaner built in. I'm checking with the builder on how the 360 mode will work, but it probably doesn't have a cleaner either.

Both the presence and lack of a cleaner can be exploited in different ways depending on the game, so it's debatable which design is cheaper, and there's always a risk that a TO won't like the way mine is set up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You should be permabanned for using a hitbox

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

What are the differences between Alpha 2 and Alpha 3 that make one Good and the other Bad?

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

cloofish posted:

What are the differences between Alpha 2 and Alpha 3 that make one Good and the other Bad?

Anyone who still plays Alpha 3 are God Tier and will get Double Perfects on you all day, while executing V-ISM, custom combos and styling like crazy.
Meaning you won't be able to win by not trying hard, and therefore, have a bad time.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Illuminado posted:

Anyone who still plays Alpha 3 are God Tier and will get Double Perfects on you all day, while executing V-ISM, custom combos and styling like crazy.
Meaning you won't be able to win by not trying hard, and therefore, have a bad time.

And some of the most boring infinites in FG history.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
Anyone who still plays 3rd Strike are God Tier and will get Double Perfects on you all day, while executing parries, hit confirms into Super Arts and styling like crazy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Parallax Scroll posted:

And some of the most boring infinites in FG history.
someone hasn't played f/uc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

cloofish posted:

Alpha 2 actually plays like a Street Fighter game.

e: To be less flippant about it, SFA2 has SF footsies that you're used to, fireballs actually do something, combos do real amounts of damage, etc. The only real complaints about SFA2 I can see are Valle CCs and Chun.

Compare to A3 where everything has noodly hitboxes, non-metered combos do 5%, and the entire game is either fishing for a CC or playing around it.

inthesto fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 13, 2016