Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

alnilam posted:

I once dated a cute waitress who i asked out while she was at work, it can happen!! Just be respectful and don't be a creep

You must be really cute and or smooth. How did you do it? I have never seen it work in the wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaveARottenDay

misty mountaintop posted:

You must be really cute and or smooth. How did you do it? I have never seen it work in the wild.

I bet it had something to do with giving the tip

Ace of Baes
If she rejects you just start blasting Tubthumping by Chumbawumba on your phone.

FluffieDuckie

i was asked out like 20 times when i was a waitress. i went out with 3 of them. they were all trainwrecks but i worked in a country music bar so the odds were pretty bad from the get go

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Ace of Baes posted:

If she rejects you just start blasting Tubthumping by Chumbawumba on your phone.

This is good because it shows her how much being rejected doesn't hurt you. "I get knocked down and I get up again" is a motto to live your life by.

Coincidentally, if she says yes, Tubthumping by Chumbawamba is still the perfect song to start blasting in response, because "pissin the night away" is how you'll be expressing yourself to each other if you have the same fetishes I do

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK5XRFrRXLY

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HaveARottenDay

Fly_Sugar_Ray.mid

alnilam

misty mountaintop posted:

idk i didn't really have a plan... I just treated her like a normal waiter/ress (i.e. friendly but respectful that they're busy) but probably inadvertantly gave it away that i thought she was dreamy, and she seemed to be giving me crush vibes too, so i waited until after i paid up (i didn't want her to feel like the tip depended on receiving my flirts well) and i also waited until i was walking out because it'd be weird to ask a standing person out while sitting, and i just said hey uhh would you want to grab dinner sometime? and she said yeah sure and gave me her number and we met up later that week

That's al,l no tricky plan or anything, i guess i must be cute or smooth :greenangel:

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My old boss just announced his engagement to his girlfriend.

They met because she was a bartender and we were regulars at her bar.

Try it, what's the worst that could happen?

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
am i a bad taste person for unironically enjoying the whole tubthumper album

and that one len album too

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

FluffieDuckie posted:

i was asked out like 20 times when i was a waitress. i went out with 3 of them. they were all trainwrecks but i worked in a country music bar so the odds were pretty bad from the get go

Will you go out with me?

[.] yes
[.] no

SnotGrumble

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
Hi BYOB, I’m a long-time lurker. GBS is starting to make me jaded and I want to see what BYOB is about.

The Bananana, I’ve asked out 2 waitresses:

I was a regular at a restaurant bar for happy hour, and a waitress that was real nice was off of work and sitting at the bar. I bought her a drink and she was really friendly. I asked her out, and she said she had a boyfriend, which I took as a blow-off. However, later, she broke up with her boyfriend and wanted to go out with me, but I was already dating another person.

Another time, I was drunk at another place and asked a waitress out, and she pretended that she didn’t hear me. That got awkward.

So, buy her a drink, but don’t be drunk.

Antagonist, stop stalking me.

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

alnilam posted:

idk i didn't really have a plan... I just treated her like a normal waiter/ress (i.e. friendly but respectful that they're busy) but probably inadvertantly gave it away that i thought she was dreamy, and she seemed to be giving me crush vibes too, so i waited until after i paid up (i didn't want her to feel like the tip depended on receiving my flirts well) and i also waited until i was walking out because it'd be weird to ask a standing person out while sitting, and i just said hey uhh would you want to grab dinner sometime? and she said yeah sure and gave me her number and we met up later that week

That's al,l no tricky plan or anything, i guess i must be cute or smooth :greenangel:

gg

----------------

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

SnotGrumble posted:

Hi BYOB, I’m a long-time lurker. GBS is starting to make me jaded and I want to see what BYOB is about.

I was a regular at a restaurant bar for happy hour, and a waitress that was real nice was off of work and sitting at the bar. I bought her a drink and she was really friendly. I asked her out, and she said she had a boyfriend, which I took as a blow-off. However, later, she broke up with her boyfriend and wanted to go out with me, but I was already dating another person.

Another time, I was drunk at another place and asked a waitress out, and she pretended that she didn’t hear me. That got awkward.

hi

----------------

eonwe

SnotGrumble posted:

welcome

Scaly Haylie

my cat is very old, and lately he has developed this habit of lying in the upstairs bathroom all day. is this a thing that happens?

eonwe

Lizard Wizard posted:

my cat is very old, and lately he has developed this habit of lying in the upstairs bathroom all day. is this a thing that happens?

my cat sits on the side of the bathtub...a lot.

Robot Made of Meat

Lizard Wizard posted:

Being very old myself, I can confirm.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

POOL IS CLOSED

Lizard Wizard posted:

mine is very old and pees in the bathtub

:argh:

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
my recommendation is to bake the waitress cookies

Also, I am the waitress in question

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
a funny thread in gbs, What if Seinfeld was set in prehistoric times: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789861

----------------

Golden Gate Bride
knife to meet you
Hi all

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is the bathroom warmer than other rooms? My dad's cat did that probably because of the underfloor heating when it got older

alnilam

SnotGrumble posted:

Hi BYOB, I’m a long-time lurker. GBS is starting to make me jaded and I want to see what BYOB is about

Hiiii

alnilam

alternately:
high
[weed joke]

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

alnilam posted:

alternately:
high
[weed joke]

yes i am

----------------

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

do you ever post about anything other than being wasted and/or dropping north of $40 on the latest video game?

Scaly Haylie

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

do you ever post about anything other than being wasted and/or dropping north of $40 on the latest video game?

sometimes he posts about how hate speech, is good

Scaly Haylie

cat update

The Bananana

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Like... what else is there?

Scaly Haylie

I have decided to shut my cat out of the bathroom for the time being and see how he responds.

POOL IS CLOSED

Lizard Wizard posted:

I have decided to shut my cat out of the bathroom for the time being and see how he responds.

mean!

writing lots of new words today. :feelsgood: sometimes i forget that i am actually productive.

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Scaly Haylie

test results: he wants in the bathroom.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

The Bananana posted:

Like... what else is there?

i dunno, apparently hate speech

Matoi Ryuko

Lizard Wizard posted:

Scaly Haylie

i don't think you realize, he wants to just hang out in there at all times

POOL IS CLOSED

cool tile feels good man

Matoi Ryuko

Lizard Wizard posted:

Oh no, I get it. I have two cats, myself.

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Lizard Wizard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahkwQhQZWG8

----------------

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Lizard Wizard posted:

mine likes the bathroom in winter because one of the hot water pipes runs right under the tiles near the door and it gets really warm and cozy

hi how are you ♥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm a dog person. Is that OK?