Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm on season 3

Hottie actress Charlize Theron shows up for some reason, and manages to be funny

Good show

I'm going to post some quotes>

IVE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE haha

Or how about> YOU ALWAYS LEAVE A NOTE

Good show, good show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah it is, just like your face.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Yeah it is, just like your face.

Haha

That's like something one of the dysfunctional family members would say, lol

Nice

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years
I'm an Analrapist

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I have bad news for you. You're on the season where it stops being funny.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

it feels good to laugh again! <blows brains out all over ex-wife's new car>

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2ywJQUnBOM

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I never really "got" arrested development

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Mister F LOL

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
I liked that Arrested Development would reference things that happened later on in the series.
"I never thought I'd miss a hand so much."

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Xanei.exe posted:

I liked that Arrested Development would reference things that happened later on in the series.
"I never thought I'd miss a hand so much."

that is indeed genius. one of the best shows to rewatch

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
this kind of agility??

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The Netflix reboot was bad

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Season 4 is really loving weird. I don't like how disjointed it felt and the green screen usage is painfully obvious.

It's like the previous seasons subtly acknowledged that Michael was just as much an rear end in a top hat as the rest of his family but s4 made that way too explicit and also lindseys wig is wretched

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

EugeneJ posted:

The Netflix reboot was bad

it wasn't a reboot ding dong

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Season 4 is kind of bad compared to the rest of the series. It has a couple funny moments but lacks the subtle layering that made the original stuff so funny. Also, I think focusing on each individual character and then surrounding them with a bunch of new people that I personally couldn't give a gently caress about didn't really help, causing it to range from fairly funny like the George episode to the utterly painful Tobias episode.
Jesus how did they make David Cross unfunny? :doh:

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
I'm the whole "thing" of candy beans

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
No wait I'm the musty old claptrap

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Season 4 is really loving weird. I don't like how disjointed it felt and the green screen usage is painfully obvious.

It's like the previous seasons subtly acknowledged that Michael was just as much an rear end in a top hat as the rest of his family but s4 made that way too explicit and also lindseys wig is wretched

Xanei.exe posted:

Season 4 is kind of bad compared to the rest of the series. It has a couple funny moments but lacks the subtle layering that made the original stuff so funny. Also, I think focusing on each individual character and then surrounding them with a bunch of new people that I personally couldn't give a gently caress about didn't really help, causing it to range from fairly funny like the George episode to the utterly painful Tobias episode.

ya loved the three tv seasons but was mixed about the netflix season though i did think it had some awesome parts like the GOB/entourage episode

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Xanei.exe posted:

in college I was friends with this guy who was Christian but he was still p cool and we'd do urban exploration together. one time he came over and I happened to be just starting one of David cross' standup specials that I hadn't seen before and I was like "check this dude out, he's hilarious, one of my fave comedians" and then he launches into this 10 minute bit making fun of Jesus and that guy never came over again

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

This thread is a hot mess

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
bees?
Beads!
BEADS!?

Is probably my favorite joke ever

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

MiracleWhale posted:

in college I was friends with this guy who was Christian but he was still p cool and we'd do urban exploration together. one time he came over and I happened to be just starting one of David cross' standup specials that I hadn't seen before and I was like "check this dude out, he's hilarious, one of my fave comedians" and then he launches into this 10 minute bit making fun of Jesus and that guy never came over again

His will be done.
David Cross' I mean.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Luvcow posted:

ya loved the three tv seasons but was mixed about the netflix season though i did think it had some awesome parts like the GOB/entourage episode

I think it was better than people think because you go "Yeah it was bad except for the gob episode, and the tobias episodes, and the maebe episode, and the buster episode, and the lucille episode had some good parts."

If they'd just cut it like a normal season all the bad poo poo woulda been spread out rather than front-loaded.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

What if Arrested Development took place in modern times?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

PostNouveau posted:

I think it was better than people think because you go "Yeah it was bad except for the gob episode, and the tobias episodes, and the maebe episode, and the buster episode, and the lucille episode had some good parts."

If they'd just cut it like a normal season all the bad poo poo woulda been spread out rather than front-loaded.

i agree on that actually because so many people i knew were very negative on it and most never finished watching the whole 4th season. I actually had that saturday off and watched the whole thing the day it was released.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

What if Arrested Development took place in modern times?

Counting down to when posting "What if [TV show]" becomes a bannable offense

PostNouveau posted:

I don't really agree with this, myself. It had a couple funny moments but I just didn't think the supporting characters stood well enough on their own to have entire episodes centered around them. The only one I remember being funny was the George one and Gob's having a couple funny bits but just as many kinda painful ones. Plus like I said earlier I thought the Tobias thing was just bad and "anustart" wasn't funny.
I also agree with what dead gay son too about Michael seeming too much like the rest of his family in season 4 when the point in the first place is that he kind of was but also not really.

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 13, 2016

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The Buster episode was gold

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Xanei.exe posted:

Counting down to when posting "What if [TV show]" becomes a bannable offense

I don't really agree with this, myself. It had a couple funny moments but I just didn't think the supporting characters stood well enough on their own to have entire episodes centered around them. The only one I remember being funny was the George one and Gob's having a couple funny bits but just as many kinda painful ones. Plus like I said earlier I thought he Tobias thing was just bad and "anustart" wasn't funny.

The George one? Blech. That's like the worst one. Or two? Was there two of them? If there were two, they both sucked.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
Stupid, forgetful Michael.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

The George one? Blech. That's like the worst one. Or two? Was there two of them? If there were two, they both sucked.

I feel like it's evidence enough that it's harder to come to a consensus over which episodes were actually funny when I'd think most fans would agree that 99% of the originals were gold.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the third season is bad

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

like Oscar always says, "I'm gonna gently caress you in the rear end until it bleeds, OP"

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

what's the over under on season five being a piece of poo poo

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Also the story makes very little sense when you try to figure out a time table for all of it to have happened in. Especially Gob's and Busters in relations to George Michael's

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I thought S4 was still good but not as good. The parts where Tobias' addict girlfriend spat up her food in that weird disgusting restaurant and afterwards when they went to the methadone clinic, those parts really bummed me out.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I like Arrested Development and Charlize Theron but am now reconsidering my stance thanks to OP. :shrug:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Why come it called arrested development? Who getting arrested? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

MiracleWhale posted:

what's the over under on season five being a piece of poo poo