Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

and I've hit a wall in RG. Just unlocked research and I've gotten a lot of them but my excavations are super high and I'm trying to get to R17 and it's just so slow. I'm at 2e73 gems and need 1e75 total and it's that last gap that's killing me. I'm not sure what I'm missing or if it's just meant to be many days between abdications now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Do you need the faction coins for raising your research level cap, or just for regular runs? If it's the latter, you don't really (or you could do runs on something like goblins or elves that takes care of its own FC). If it's the former, it does slow it down a bit but you can again use goblins/elves to collect FC to raise the cap.

But otherwise, R16 is a really slow R not so much for the sake of the gem wall inherently being that bad, but because you should stop and unlock all those R16 researches first. Which at e73 gems you're quite high enough to do. Even the ones that don't directly benefit your favored factions, will probably be prerequisites to future research in R17 and later, so you might as well knock them all out now.

Once you've gotten everything unlocked, actually getting to the gem target for R17 is pretty trivial because the research upgrades are extremely powerful.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

After leaving Realm Grinder running all summer long I'm finally able to hit the Ascension button. What else is left in the game?

I've done all the challenges and got most of the researches except the poo poo that requires you to play 5 days as the Faceless.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Tokelau All Star posted:

After leaving Realm Grinder running all summer long I'm finally able to hit the Ascension button. What else is left in the game?

I've done all the challenges and got most of the researches except the poo poo that requires you to play 5 days as the Faceless.

Good news! There isn't much left to do and faceless is the best race to stay as while you long term idle\offline.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

In Trimps, once I get to the point where I'm able to complete The Spire and have all my perks unlocked:

A) What is the preferred Helium strategy? Just running back-to-back Corrupted runs as fast as I can, Portaling after 190?
B) Is there anything to shoot for besides faster runs (and unlocking the last couple of Achievements)?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Klungar posted:

In Trimps, once I get to the point where I'm able to complete The Spire and have all my perks unlocked:

A) What is the preferred Helium strategy? Just running back-to-back Corrupted runs as fast as I can, Portaling after 190?
B) Is there anything to shoot for besides faster runs (and unlocking the last couple of Achievements)?

TL;DR - portal when your He/Hr starts consistently dropping, bearing in mind any big chunks that may be coming up. Complete any remaining challenges, go for achievements (NB that some of the feats are hidden until earned, check the wiki), and unlock masteries. Beyond that just keep going for faster/deeper runs, beefing up your helium, and upgrading your heirlooms.

In terms of Actual Novel Game Content, no, the Spire's the last new high level thing, but the dev is still actively working on the game so there'll presumably be something more later.

Long version: Use scryer stance for dark essence for masteries. A lot of them range from convenient QoL to flat-out boring, but the Headstart masteries make corruption start spawning earlier (176, 166, or 151 for tier 1/2/3, instead of the usual 181). As you get higher, most of your helium ends up coming from corrupted enemies instead of improbabilities or void maps. (The hyperspeed mastery is also extremely good, and blacksmithery is good for both QoL and speeding up your runs.)

In tandem with that, complete the Scientist 5 challenge if you haven't already. It means the helium you get is increased by 0.5% to the power of your zone number (which I assume is actually 1.005 to the power of the zone number or else the increase would get progressively shittier, which isn't what happens). This is a lot more powerful than it might sound.

And that's notwithstanding golden upgrades (which should, if you're pursuing helium, all go to helium of course). If your achievements don't give 1000% boost yet, which is the cutoff to get a golden upgrade every 30 zones, more achievements will be appreciably useful there as well. If you make it to zone 205 for example, you'll get 6 upgrades if they're every 30 zones but 5 if they're every 35 or 40, 4 if they're every 45, etc.

Between that and the spire perks (which are generally awesome since unlike regular perks, their cost only scales linearly) and general effective helium spending, you can keep pushing higher, and your He/Hr will not only keep increasing, but it'll even slowly accelerate, as you get to higher zones so long as you don't need to slow down your kill speed too much to get there.

For example, here's the graph of my last run, at ~266 billion helium:

The big jump is finishing the Corrupted challenge, and the tiny bump is finishing the Spire, but beyond that it's all just scaling from a. Scientist 5 and b. progressively more and more corrupted cells in each zone. You can see that it's slowly accelerating (not sure if the curve is technically polynomial or exponential) until near the end when kill speed catches up to me and my He/Hr slows down. Eventually I'll hit a new tier of coordinated and realistically be able to push a few zones further until I slow down.

Vil fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 12, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

And boy, here I am on my year-plus-long save with still no Overkill. :v:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Aurora posted:

And boy, here I am on my year-plus-long save with still no Overkill. :v:

Same, actually current run is unlocking it for me. Finally going to catch up to endgame

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I've been on the hamster wheel of Electricity runs for a while, now pushing into 120 territory.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm enjoying the boost Toxicity gives currently. Really nice after running Nom.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Just started playing this tonight:

http://dogs.are.the.most.moe/

Simple mechanic, but takes a while to get going.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Noxin of Shame posted:

:shittypop:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Noxin of Shame posted:

Just started playing this tonight:

http://dogs.are.the.most.moe/

I got a bit over 5000 clicks before I decided there wasn't anything to it besides spinning a dog very fast, which is funny but perhaps not much of a game?

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I got a bit over 5000 clicks before I decided there wasn't anything to it besides spinning a dog very fast, which is funny but perhaps not much of a game?

Same but with 50.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I started Infiroad and after the initial rush of 'holy poo poo things are going at a million miles an hour' I'm now pretty much stuck at level 30-32k. Every run gets me between 20 and 22 billion mythril but it's only enough to buy only one of the most expensive upgrade. Am I missing something? I can't find any other relics to upgrade that seem to boost me forward significantly.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Merijn posted:

I started Infiroad and after the initial rush of 'holy poo poo things are going at a million miles an hour' I'm now pretty much stuck at level 30-32k. Every run gets me between 20 and 22 billion mythril but it's only enough to buy only one of the most expensive upgrade. Am I missing something? I can't find any other relics to upgrade that seem to boost me forward significantly.

Don't know if my approach was optimal but I never really hit any walls by focusing on the upgrades that gave me the most benefit per run (ie. Mythril value+, mythril rate+, active skill time+, gold+, all heroes attack/crit+, boss rush, etc) and basically ignored the job specific upgrades other than slayer and wizard and even those I didn't really touch until I had put massive/max upgrades into the other items.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Merijn posted:

I hit that exact same wall. Do you have the +skill time relic? I assume you do, but I didn't actually have it before I hit the wall. My post from when we mentioned this wall last time:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Before the one that gives you +time on boss kill, my order was Mythril and relic drop multipliers > gold multipliers and upgrade cost reducers > the cheapest damage boosts to Ninja and Slayer because getting the spawns to the boss was an active issue.
After the +time on boss kill, it was the same two, but boost damage on Hunter/Wizard.
Then when more tiers appeared, same thing.
If you don't have the skill thing, Ninjas and Slayers actually show up to beat up the boss. If you do, Hunter has crazy boss DPS bonuses and Wizard has crazy DPS in general. Buying more levels is basically always better than the damage boosting relics for the same amount of mythril. Hope that helps.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Lazy Kings is interesting and i hope it gets fleshed out more, but it is a bit rough around the edges.

For battles while playing elves, the only thing that matters is your Archer quantity. A battle will only be "won" once the enemy number is lower than your archer number (since each archer kills 1 enemy), so buildings such as ents who kills enemies in battle effectively do nothing.
Same with orcs, your orcs lost per battle is [enemy number] - [your champion number], not taking into account towers.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ineptitude posted:

Lazy Kings is interesting and i hope it gets fleshed out more, but it is a bit rough around the edges.

For battles while playing elves, the only thing that matters is your Archer quantity. A battle will only be "won" once the enemy number is lower than your archer number (since each archer kills 1 enemy), so buildings such as ents who kills enemies in battle effectively do nothing.
Same with orcs, your orcs lost per battle is [enemy number] - [your champion number], not taking into account towers.

You are missing ents druids and Phoenix for elves they matter a ton for getting things done. Orcs, dragons and trolls are nice, but ogres and Hydra are the real power house

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I finally figured out that the best strategy in Infiroad is to blow all the skills right out the gate, but it eliminated my favorite part of the game which is seeing your guys bum rush into the boss from off screen.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
The actual best strategy is to download the standalone client, turn all the graphics to minimum, and unlock the fps in the options.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Has anyone mentioned endless dream yet? It's got kind of an interesting battle system and although I'm not very far in it seems to have quite a bit of customization. Not sure how well it scales up but I assume if they have an ascension system in place there's probably at least some folks in the endgame.

I mean it doesn't do anything particularly new but it seems to do it competently at least.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Eldercain posted:

Has anyone mentioned endless dream yet? It's got kind of an interesting battle system and although I'm not very far in it seems to have quite a bit of customization. Not sure how well it scales up but I assume if they have an ascension system in place there's probably at least some folks in the endgame.

I mean it doesn't do anything particularly new but it seems to do it competently at least.

Tried it out after your post. Its alright but a bit too many buttons and progression mechanics. There is a ton of ways to customize your dudes, from having a huge amount of classes to select from, to putting gear on them, to upgrading their myriad of skills, to prestiging them so they gain talent points, to ascension to reset your whole game for another progression mechanic.
As far as player input there is a bunch of buttons the player needs to click (no autocasting or similar), the player needs to regularly select gear to be equipped (this could do with some automation) as well as select which dungeon your dudes should fight in. The game was interesting while unlocking all 6 dudes but started feeling a bit samey after that. The progress seems slow as well, i am at floor 35 of the repeatable dungeon, out of level 9999. After this dungeon you need to do another 9999 floors in a different dungeon to ascend. Each floor has 10 fights you need to win to progress to the next floor. That means 200000 fights to ascend the first time.
You can tell the game to progress to the next floor after beating a floor and while this adds some automation to the game you will quickly end up going to a floor where your dudes gets killed, meaning they go back to town and stop progressing entirely. It would be better if they just went back to the previous floor or something (maybe after a short cooldown period)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Sep 16, 2016

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Uncle Jam posted:

The actual best strategy is to download the standalone client, turn all the graphics to minimum, and unlock the fps in the options.

This is a good tip and helps speed up initial game progress a lot.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
New update for Lazy Kings. Tons of new achievement points and ways to spend them. Still sorta figuring out the new deal.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is there a way to multi-buy in Lazy Kings? The problem that I run into is that when I start a new run, I buy a few of the starting building for each faction, then focus on one for a bit to get it up and running. The problem is that by that point, the other factions have enough of the starting resource that I can build 30-40 of the basic buildings, and no quick way to build multiples that I can find.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Randalor posted:

Is there a way to multi-buy in Lazy Kings? The problem that I run into is that when I start a new run, I buy a few of the starting building for each faction, then focus on one for a bit to get it up and running. The problem is that by that point, the other factions have enough of the starting resource that I can build 30-40 of the basic buildings, and no quick way to build multiples that I can find.

I mapped a button on my mouse to autoclick because I'm a degenerate. So, maybe. I wouldn't know.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Merijn posted:

I jumped from 15k to 40k today, and here's what I do:
1. Set Buy Mode to "AFK" and "Buy All" and click on every hero so you automatically buy them to the max level.

I used to try and pick only 1 or 2, thinking it was more efficient but with the huge dps increases from upgrades buying a few hundred levels with a cheaper hero will get you a lot more bang for your buck than another dozen on your "best" one. The AFK buying seems to glitch out after a while and you might need to click on a hero to start it again.

2. I don't know what the guarantee for skill drops is, but I have Special Summon, Haste, Berserk, Midas Tear, Lucky Strike and Boss Rush, w/ the +duration on boss kill relic giving ~10 seconds, so they each last like 15 minutes. Turn em all on.

3. Wait 20 minutes. Pick up all the crystals to get a few hundred extra levels when you come back.

For relics I maxed out any the +Mythril, +Mythril chance, +Relic chance and +Bonus relic chance asap. I currently get ~50bn Mythril and 7.5k relics per run doing nothing, and each run I've improved my higher area by a few hundred, if not a couple thousand, though I am slowing as I approach area 40k.

ThisIsNoZaku fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Sep 17, 2016

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

I jumped from 15k to 40k today, and here's what I do:
1. Set Buy Mode to "AFK" and "Buy All" and click on every hero so you automatically buy them to the max level.

I used to try and pick only 1 or 2, thinking it was more efficient but with the huge dps increases from upgrades buying a few hundred levels with a cheaper hero will get you a lot more bang for your buck than another dozen on your "best" one. The AFK buying seems to glitch out after a while and you might need to click on a hero to start it again.

2. I don't know what the guarantee for skill drops is, but I have Special Summon, Haste, Berserk, Midas Tear, Lucky Strike and Boss Rush, w/ the +duration on boss kill relic giving ~10 seconds, so they each last like 15 minutes. Turn em all on.

3. Wait 20 minutes. Pick up all the crystals to get a few hundred extra levels when you come back.

For relics I maxed out any the +Mythril, +Mythril chance, +Relic chance and +Bonus relic chance asap. I currently get ~50bn Mythril and 7.5k relics per run doing nothing, and each run I've improved my higher area by a few hundred, if not a couple thousand, though I am slowing as I approach area 40k.

Thanks! Those are some great tips. I think I've followed most of them except for the AFK trick, and hitting 1 trilion mythril per run regularly.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

New update for Lazy Kings. Tons of new achievement points and ways to spend them. Still sorta figuring out the new deal.

Updated again, few new things to spend achievement points on and highscore list of achievement points by race. I'm 4th in every race but human, I'm 9th there. I just don't think I "get" the progression system for them.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

pixaal posted:

Updated again, few new things to spend achievement points on and highscore list of achievement points by race. I'm 4th in every race but human, I'm 9th there. I just don't think I "get" the progression system for them.

It's kind of nice to feel like a winner. I'm in the top 5 for everything.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Eldercain posted:

I got a 5th party member and now all my tier one skills cost 6000+ gold and the next tier some ridiculous amount, was this supposed to happen?

Edit: Thank god the Kongregate forums had an answer. If you hold one of the multi-buy keys while clicking outside the game this happens, just do the reverse and it will fix itself.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 18, 2016

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm confused about Lazy Kings. I have might and appear to be able to attack the enemy, but I can't figure out how to. When I click the crossed swords it just toggles between red and green and nothing else happens.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Sindai posted:

I'm confused about Lazy Kings. I have might and appear to be able to attack the enemy, but I can't figure out how to. When I click the crossed swords it just toggles between red and green and nothing else happens.

I had the same problem. I'm guessing that safe attack might be bugged and stuck on.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The green swords means you will attack as soon as the timer hits 0 and you fulfill the requirements.

If you hover over the enemy force it will give you a tooltip of how many losses your attack will incur - for humans its in peasants - and you need that many before the attack can happen. If you've toggled the shield green then you won't attack until your military units are strong enough for the expected losses to be 0.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

The green swords means you will attack as soon as the timer hits 0 and you fulfill the requirements.

If you hover over the enemy force it will give you a tooltip of how many losses your attack will incur - for humans its in peasants - and you need that many before the attack can happen. If you've toggled the shield green then you won't attack until your military units are strong enough for the expected losses to be 0.

Humans are in soldiers actually unless you have the achievement which he likely does not.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Slurpy Derpy just dropped an update with a second prestige system, Devolutions. Reset back to basic derps and lose your research and conquered buildings, but get even more new perks.

I have to say I really like this game. I liked Critter Mound despite a few flaws and I was sad when the developer died, but this picks up where that game left off. And the weird flavor is nice, like how all the derps have names but don't quite understand how names work, so you occasionally get derps with names like "Cabbage" and "Wizard."

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I really wish trade posts in lazy kings could multi-task

I really do

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

Trying Lazy Kings for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Color Printer posted:

I really wish trade posts in lazy kings could multi-task

I really do

I'm going to respec with no points in trade posts. They just aren't worth it after the initial buildup.