Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Syndicates are completely new to me. Which ones are recommended?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Wittgen posted:

I didn't realize it could inherit shotgun mods. That's pretty drat great.

Yeah and apparently they're pretty good crit machines so vhek or a soma p are probably good choices.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Elysiume posted:

Pick left 3 or right 3. Pick the ones with the mods you like most. Left 3 is the more popular ones because they're "bad guys turn good", weird zen cult and autisric robot. Right 3 is less terrible space capitalist, crazy bdsm cult and space supremacists. But because they're less popular, their stuff are less avilable in the market so you could sell for higher price.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Yeah and apparently they're pretty good crit machines so vhek or a soma p are probably good choices.

They're 10% and 2x, so I'd say more like Boltor Prime.

Elysiume posted:

Everything can be traded for except the pizza recipes and the syandanas, so I say pick left three or right three depending on which syandana(s) you like.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
10% and 2x makes crit a viable build for rifles.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Oh man, sortie 1 (Interception Eximus Stronghold) is great for affinity farming.
Bring one good weapon and warframe, capture all four points at start, and then hold only A and B.

With the 2x EXP booster you can go from 0 to 30 for the other two weapons in one run.

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.
The wiki says that Titania's Dex Pixia has a 15% base crit chance, 25% base status chance, and only inherits standard mods like other exalted weapons. So no shotgun specific ones.
It could be wrong of course.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Tulip posted:

They're 10% and 2x, so I'd say more like Boltor Prime.

Really? Huh. I read/watched somewhere that they were 25% crit...

edit: or maybe not. That sounds like it'd be too high.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Really? Huh. I read/watched somewhere that they were 25% crit...

edit: or maybe not. That sounds like it'd be too high.

Here's my source. Wiki could be right.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I just got Braton Prime and am loving the status chance.

Am I wrong in thinking that corrosive + blast would be a serious killer on here by constantly knocking enemies over and stripping their armor?

I know it would take a few forma but I'm tired of Soma and Tonkor.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Corrosive+Blast is the usual go-to if you don't go with Corrosive+Cold, so by all means, go ahead :v:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Mithaldu posted:

Does the range of her melee weapons shrink too, or does she become a weird mystery murder with Jat Kittag?

Well now I'm imagining her using a full-sized Jat Kittag as a melee weapon and I'm upset we'll never get to see that.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Mithaldu posted:

Does the range of her melee weapons shrink too, or does she become a weird mystery murder with Jat Kittag?

She becomes a slash-dashing ping-pong ball of thorny pain. It really is quite fun.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Sep 14, 2016

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I just got Braton Prime and am loving the status chance.

Am I wrong in thinking that corrosive + blast would be a serious killer on here by constantly knocking enemies over and stripping their armor?

I know it would take a few forma but I'm tired of Soma and Tonkor.

Only if no one is bringing CorPro and you're fighting not-Corpus. It's still the safest build to bring to PUGs. I personally prefer a Viral in there for the health proc. Braton Prime is a very good, underappreciated weapon. The devs just crippled it a bit (for some reason) by cutting its ammo pool. It used to be bigger, 500-ish like the standard, then they just took a dump on it when they upped its base damage. I don't know what it was for since even if they didn't nerfed the ammo, it wouldn't compete with any other weapon since Soma (Prime) would still outclassed it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Kokoro Wish posted:

She becomes a slash-dashing ping-pong ball of thorny pain. It really is quite fun.

It does have drawbacks, mostly against Infested, I've noticed. The melee-homing tends to slam you into the floor when it tries to home in on the shorter mobs like Crawlers and you lose all your momentum.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
I made it through the first three missions or so last night. How is this game not more popular? I looks amazing and appears to be super fun.

Excal w/ bow is like a Genji/Hanzo hybrid that just one-shots everything from a distance so all my missions where completed in stealth.

The controls are a smidge wonky and I might have to go reassign some buttons so it makes more sense to me but I think I am definitely bought into this game.

Can't wait to see what kinds of guns and stuff I get as I progress the story.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

karn1635 posted:

I made it through the first three missions or so last night. How is this game not more popular? I looks amazing and appears to be super fun.

Excal w/ bow is like a Genji/Hanzo hybrid that just one-shots everything from a distance so all my missions where completed in stealth.

The controls are a smidge wonky and I might have to go reassign some buttons so it makes more sense to me but I think I am definitely bought into this game.

Can't wait to see what kinds of guns and stuff I get as I progress the story.

There are 44 Warframes, 263 different Weapons and 17 difrent companions.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Usually the group leader is good about kicking people

This feature is new to me, how do kick people out of my squad?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A game doesnt need to be popular when you have insane people playing for 1000+ hours :shepicide:

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Sandweed posted:

There are 44 Warframes, 263 different Weapons and 17 difrent companions.

I applied for the Goon Clan. I know literally nothing and it is hard for me to grasp stuff without seeing it in practice. However, I assume that upon being invited I will have access to some sort of terminal that lets me shuffle through already researched blueprints for Weapons and Warframes and craft them at my leisure?

Also, do the blueprints require rare as heck materials or are they all craft-able via the same set of common mats just in different quantities.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Welcome to the game and, when Helter processes your invite, to the clan.

Lesson 1: Never make bets with Tallgeese.

Lesson 2: Never pay any mind to Tallgeese's demands of maximum efficiency while farming.

... in fact it's probably better if you interact with him as little as possible :v: you're correct about the blueprints access, in the dojo, and the blueprints vary widely in their requirements

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Sep 14, 2016

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Welcome to the game and, when Helter processes your invite, to the clan.

Lesson 1: Never make bets with Tallgeese.

Lesson 2: Never pay any mind to Tallgeese's demands of maximum efficiency while farming.

But Tallgeese is one my of favorite mobile suits.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Zechs Merquise wishes he was half as arrogant as our Tallgeese.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
So I'm reading the old DE release regarding Specter aura farming. They say to have the nightfall equipped, can I do it with Twilight? It feels like that one's easier to farm.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

wid posted:

Only if no one is bringing CorPro and you're fighting not-Corpus. It's still the safest build to bring to PUGs. I personally prefer a Viral in there for the health proc. Braton Prime is a very good, underappreciated weapon. The devs just crippled it a bit (for some reason) by cutting its ammo pool. It used to be bigger, 500-ish like the standard, then they just took a dump on it when they upped its base damage. I don't know what it was for since even if they didn't nerfed the ammo, it wouldn't compete with any other weapon since Soma (Prime) would still outclassed it.

My Soma Prime has been very underwhelming so far, but I only have 2 Formas and lack critical delay, heavy caliber, and argon scope.

It doesn't really have a reason to exist except occasionally Lephantis since I have a 4 forma Tonkor.

I think with one forma the Braton is outpacing Soma Prime already.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

My Soma Prime has been very underwhelming so far, but I only have 2 Formas and lack critical delay, heavy caliber, and argon scope.

It doesn't really have a reason to exist except occasionally Lephantis since I have a 4 forma Tonkor.

I think with one forma the Braton is outpacing Soma Prime already.

Don't use critical delay on the Soma.

Rather use Shred and/or Bladed Rounds.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So my Tonkor is finished and I'm going to start using it tomorrow. What kind of mods should I shove into it?

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

karn1635 posted:

I applied for the Goon Clan. I know literally nothing and it is hard for me to grasp stuff without seeing it in practice. However, I assume that upon being invited I will have access to some sort of terminal that lets me shuffle through already researched blueprints for Weapons and Warframes and craft them at my leisure?

Also, do the blueprints require rare as heck materials or are they all craft-able via the same set of common mats just in different quantities.

Wilkommen. Bienvenue. Welcome.

This clan is pretty great I have to say. Everyone is generally pretty chill and there's almost always someone around to run stuff with. If there's a part you're missing a goon will almost always help you get it if not just straight up give it to you. Plus our Dojo is amazing.

If you're on PC I'm Grampageoff in game- hit me up if you see me. I'm always happy to shoot mans and get shiny prizes.

Nuebot posted:

So my Tonkor is finished and I'm going to start using it tomorrow. What kind of mods should I shove into it?

Vital Sense (Crit), Point Strike (Crit), Firestorm (+radius of kaboooms), +dmg mods, whatever else you want. If you need Firestorm hit me up I have several extra.

Gramps fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 14, 2016

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Raptor1033 posted:

So I'm reading the old DE release regarding Specter aura farming. They say to have the nightfall equipped, can I do it with Twilight? It feels like that one's easier to farm.

The different potions spawn the different specters. You can use whatever Apothics you have but the specters have different droptables. The potions are a little like dragon keys, as in if you equip one you cant use another at the same time, you can have 2 of the same one. Bring a Pilfdroid and a nekros for 3x drops per specter. Ivara doesn't work on the specters. A optimal group with 8 Apothics and a Pilfdroid + Nekros can squeeze 24 mods out per run.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Split Chamber. Anything Critical. Once you get enough Formas into it go get Flight speed put on it because it basically turns it into a bow. Mine does pretty well to level 70 or so and I don't have any of the really rare mods.

Also there is nothing more joyous or better for your DPS than landing direct hits across Void maps with a flight speeded Tonkor

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Sep 14, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Plus there's always Alliance chat, there's a lot of goons in lovely little guilds with friends that are down to help with stuff.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Sandweed posted:

The different potions spawn the different specters. You can use whatever Apothics you have but the specters have different droptables. The potions are a little like dragon keys, as in if you equip one you cant use another at the same time, you can have 2 of the same one. Bring a Pilfdroid and a nekros for 3x drops per specter. Ivara doesn't work on the specters. A optimal group with 8 Apothics and a Pilfdroid + Nekros can squeeze 24 mods out per run.

As in all 4 people can spawn the same apothic (or whatever they have) twice per mission run? Fuckin nice

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Give this a read: http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=144340

(Also, for anyone bored enough, the Syndicate section can use some extending since that comes up fairly frequently.)

FunkyFlashman posted:

This feature is new to me, how do kick people out of my squad?
Maybe it's a PS4-only feature?

Sandweed posted:

dragon keys, as in if you equip one you cant use another at the same time, you can have 2 of the same one
You can equip the same dragon key twice? Does it also do its effect twice?

wid
Sep 7, 2005

karn1635 posted:

The devs are still refusing to do any mainstream marketing promotion. They have more money than they needed and even spent them on making an official convention in North Canadistan a few months ago. It's also a boon to them where they could avoid scrutiny from places with big audiences for the fact that the game development is rather all over the place with no clear goal (which might be a good thing) or into flamewars with Destiny fanbase (if there is anyone actually bothered to defend Destiny). I mean, like, poo poo, you got into this game for the shooting and slashing and sliding around but then suddenly you'd ran into spaceman rocketpack battles and maybe play a ball game?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
As a Ps4 player, I have no loving clue how to boot anyone and no one I've encountered does either.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

wid posted:

The devs are still refusing to do any mainstream marketing promotion. They have more money than they needed and even spent them on making an official convention in North Canadistan a few months ago. It's also a boon to them where they could avoid scrutiny from places with big audiences for the fact that the game development is rather all over the place with no clear goal (which might be a good thing) or into flamewars with Destiny fanbase (if there is anyone actually bothered to defend Destiny). I mean, like, poo poo, you got into this game for the shooting and slashing and sliding around but then suddenly you'd ran into spaceman rocketpack battles and maybe play a ball game?

I was actually a huge Destiny player and am looking forward to the Expansion coming out next week. However, my biggest gripe was always "I wish this game was 3rd person."

I think I might be cancelling my Destiny pre-order. I might just slot the money into this for "potatoes" or whatever.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Raptor1033 posted:

As a Ps4 player, I have no loving clue how to boot anyone and no one I've encountered does either.

You just tell them to gently caress off or reform a new squad without them.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
As a new player you should ask old players in goon clan for essential mods. The drop table is very bloated and all over the solar system.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Fish Noise posted:

Proto Rhino's story is in Rhino Prime's codex entry, it involves Proto Rhino of course, some scientists, a guard who gets eaten, and is about how they discover the Tenno kids can control Warframes.

The miner getting a lucky shot with the power hammer story is in Lancer scan lore (Simaris room), involves worker Grineer and a sentient, and is about how military Grineer started being cloned.

The first Grineer rebels story is Arid Eviscerator scan lore, involves worker Grineer, Orokin officials, and Infestation, and is about how the Grineer rebellion started from Grineer workers rather than military Grineer.
The Guardsman scan lore continues that story, with the hostage Orokin official-turned-pilot working out an agreement with the Grineer rebels, giving them access to Orokin facilities, and becoming accepted as a Grineer herself, implying that she is the source of all female Grineer.

More here.

More like she became one of the twin queens :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Mithaldu posted:

You can equip the same dragon key twice? Does it also do its effect twice?

No.