Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
This will be a series of 5 man mafia games

Current Game: Closed Setup

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
but i won't subscribe or read my pms for this first game

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Sign

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Sure, I'm down for ultra-short mafia.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ok

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
me

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm going to roleplay as a famous youtuber

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
In

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (5): Asiina, dongsbot 9000, Mayor Glowku, MMM Whatchya Say, The Lord of Hats

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 14th, 2016 at 2:40 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 59 minutes.

Game start now

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

for round 2 if there is open slot

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Looks like you're too late, but I'll be doing another give away at 10 000 subscribers so be sure to keep following and tell your friends about this channel

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Looks like you're too late, but I'll be doing another give away at 10 000 subscribers so be sure to keep following and tell your friends about this channel

Like sub and share.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi I'm the Survivor but gently caress scum.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##vote asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

y tho

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Do you lynch a survivor claim? I mean, yeah, they're not strictly town, but it seems like a dumb as hell claim for scum to make.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey guys, this is just a quick update, but recently asiina said she wasn't town and I don't think I have to tell you how I feel about people who aren't town *clip of me from a previous video with beeped swearing*

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I'm sonic. ##vote hats

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

Do you lynch a survivor claim? I mean, yeah, they're not strictly town, but it seems like a dumb as hell claim for scum to make.

You pretty much don't want a survivor at lylo

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Asiina posted:

Hi I'm the Survivor but gently caress scum.

Didn't see this but I don't like it

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Like there's no reason for the survivor not to claim.

It eliminates a possible scum suspect for town so it's good for town, it tells scum who not to NK to have a better shot at winning so it's good for scum, and it helps keep the survivor alive during both day and night, so it's good for the survivor.

It's good for everyone if the survivor claims.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You pretty much don't want a survivor at lylo

Or you can murder scum on the first day and it's ezpz

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I'm ok with lynching asiina. Worst case it takes us to lylo. Best case we win

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also how is a survivor at lylo better or worse than 2 VT and a scum at lylo? You're still grasping in the dark.

In a 2 day game you're really going to waste a day going for the person you know absolutely isn't scum?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Oh, because they don't give a poo poo who gets lynched as long as it isn't them... the same as the scum. Neat.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

I'm ok with lynching asiina. Worst case it takes us to lylo. Best case we win

Why would the real survivor not counterclaim immediately and win the game D1 if I was lying?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Especially since she claims it helps scum for her to claim, but has also said she wants to lynch the scum. Seems like a hole in the logic.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Wow...you guys are morons.

Think it through a little.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

Especially since she claims it helps scum for her to claim, but has also said she wants to lynch the scum. Seems like a hole in the logic.

It helps everyone. Did you read the whole post?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Asiina posted:

Why would the real survivor not counterclaim immediately and win the game D1 if I was lying?

Because in a 5 man game no one trusts claims or counter claims. That's silly considering the game is on the line right away

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

Like there's no reason for the survivor not to claim.

It eliminates a possible scum suspect for town so it's good for town, it tells scum who not to NK to have a better shot at winning so it's good for scum, and it helps keep the survivor alive during both day and night, so it's good for the survivor.

It's good for everyone if the survivor claims.

idk claiming is looking pretty bad for you right now

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

Because in a 5 man game no one trusts claims or counter claims. That's silly considering the game is on the line right away

What are you talking about?

It's exactly when you trust claims and counter claims.

If I'm scum and claim survivor, the real survivor counterclaims me. Even if the real survivor gets lynched D1, I get lynched tomorrow and town wins.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

idk claiming is looking pretty bad for you right now

Because you people have zero logic skills whatsoever.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

Also how is a survivor at lylo better or worse than 2 VT and a scum at lylo? You're still grasping in the dark.

It's worse because the survivor isn't loyal to either side and plays kingmaker in the scenario

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was going to vote MMM because trying to play this as bad is scummy as hell, but 3 people are doing it which means at least two town are also dumb as gently caress so now I don't even know.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Asiina posted:

Survivor at LYLO is going to want to hammer ASAP, right? So they'd be incentivized just to slam the vote for whoever gets voted first, unlike 2 VT who would at least have deliberation... except that neither of them can really vote either without risking scumhammer. Huh.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Votecount for Day 1

Asiina (1): MMM Whatchya Say
The Lord of Hats (1): Mayor Glowku

Not Voting (3): Asiina, dongsbot 9000, The Lord of Hats

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 14th, 2016 at 2:40 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 43 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

It's worse because the survivor isn't loyal to either side and plays kingmaker in the scenario

So you'd rather go into 3-man lylo off of a dead survivor which scum and dumb town will gladly jump onto and have nothing to go off of?

How is it not preferable to make the suspect list smaller immediately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

where dongs

• Locked thread