Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bogart posted:

Is that the gun Chris holds out real far with the three barrels? Because if not, you're wrong. :colbert:

Well you can't get the hydra till you fully upgrade the Ithica, M3 is the most damaging shotty in the game and the best for a first playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Three barrels good, one barrel better.

500 or bust.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I can't remember if I ever did a Broken Butterfly only run in 4, but is that possible? If you only get ammo for guns you hold and you only carried the magnum could you on use a BB? Because that reload animation, stranger!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Bogart posted:

Is that the gun Chris holds out real far with the three barrels? Because if not, you're wrong. :colbert:

Yeah, the hydra outperforms the other shotguns considering how the game handles damage and pellets.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Drunken Baker posted:

I can't remember if I ever did a Broken Butterfly only run in 4, but is that possible? If you only get ammo for guns you hold and you only carried the magnum could you on use a BB? Because that reload animation, stranger!

You get ammo for handguns regardless of whether you own one or not. But after the Village they'll stop giving you ammo drops for that kind of gun if you pass a set amount.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Rafza posted:

i could be wrong because i didn't play the wii version, but didn't it have really forgiving auto aim / aim assist?

in a sense, because of the motion controls they took away the laser on all of Leon's guns and replaced it with a Goldeneye-esque crosshair that would turn red when you were aiming at an enemy. This was really handy because, for me, the crosshair was waaaaaay easier to see than the little laser dot, when I got RE5 Gold for the PS3 I had atrocious aim compared to RE4 because half of my shots I couldn't see where the laser was.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
The ammo drops are definitely different than the Gamecube version. I don't think I ever ran out of handgun bullets in that one, and in this one, I can barely get any kind of ammo to drop from enemies at all.

Also, is there anyway to get subtitles working in RE4? The option is greyed out for me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The subtitles only work if you're playing the game with non English voice acting.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
The real problem with the difficulty in RE4 is that it mostly came from bullshit things, like Quicktime Events. I still remember getting super pissed at that run-from-the-boulder thing costing me deaths because I couldn't mash buttons fast enough for the game's liking, and being penalized in the scores / having my difficulty lowered because of that. It happens a lot, too.

We forgave RE4 for some of its more bullshit moments because it was revolutionary in its time and did so many other things right, but the game still had a large number of really poor design choices.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Backhand posted:

The real problem with the difficulty in RE4 is that it mostly came from bullshit things, like Quicktime Events. I still remember getting super pissed at that run-from-the-boulder thing costing me deaths because I couldn't mash buttons fast enough for the game's liking, and being penalized in the scores / having my difficulty lowered because of that. It happens a lot, too.

We forgave RE4 for some of its more bullshit moments because it was revolutionary in its time and did so many other things right, but the game still had a large number of really poor design choices.

At least when it came out QTE's were more novel than they are now. I remember thinking the knife fight scene was really cool back then.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Backhand posted:

The QTEs in RE4 were really forgiving, and this is coming from someone who has never won a button mashing minigame in Mario Party. Besides, you can avoid the run-from-the-boulder by shooting those guys.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ambassadors got an e-mail with some new images.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Raccoon City Chainsaw Massacre

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Hey man, you gonna eat them guts?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

This is the time of year when we all sit around the table and say what viruses we are thankful for.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Crowetron posted:

Raccoon City Chainsaw Massacre

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm digging it.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Is that a straight up zombie on the right?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

smuh posted:

Is that a straight up zombie on the right?

Just a very ugly person with a haggard expression, as far as I can tell.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

blackguy32 posted:

Well I think it's really only in that one entrance hallway with the 2 zombies. It's really hardly something you should bother with, especially considering that the zombies are easily ran past in the first place. I have played way too much remake over the years :(

It's a good loving game, friend

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raxivace posted:

I literally cannot wait to play this game

the best scene from the og TCM nice

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Speedball posted:

Just a very ugly person with a haggard expression, as far as I can tell.

Reminds me of the person? at the end of the teaser game, when you cut back to the guy in the chair.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Guy on the right is actually William Birkin's second cousin. Greasy B.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
New version of the RE7 demo is going up sometime today, if that's your kinda thing.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8m2YJaidbc

Finally some combat. Can't say I think it looks interesting, tbh. Hopefully it's actually fun to play.

Also: http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2016/09/14/a-new-resident-evil-7-biohazard-trailer-is-out-now-with-a-demo-update-on-the-way

quote:

In addition, the Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour demo has hit a huge milestone, with over three million people having downloaded the demo worldwide! For those of you who have explored every nook and cranny that the dilapidated house has to offer, we’ve got something special in store for you. A new Twilight version update for the demo is on the way, and will be available starting tomorrow, September 15th. And while Beginning Hour has previously only been available to PlayStation Plus members, when the update goes live tomorrow, all PS4 owners will be able to download the demo and experience it for themselves. If you haven’t played the demo yet, it will be a great time to investigate the dilapidated corridors and uncover the mansion’s mysteries.

quote:

We also have some exciting news to share about the digital deluxe version of the game for North America. Previously offering the game and a season pass for two additional story episodes for $79.99 in North America, we’ll be upgrading the digital deluxe version with an additional playable story episode starting tomorrow. This will also shift the price to $89.99 to account for the additional content. However, if you’ve already pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition on the North American PlayStation Store, your pre-order will automatically be upgraded at no additional charge. Plus, all pre-order customers of either the standard or deluxe versions will get a number of bonuses, including the Survival Pack: Recovery Set, consisting of consumable healing items to help you withstand the mansion’s horrors. Don’t worry; these consumables are available again each time you start a new game. Also included are a mysterious in-game Lucky Coin, and access to the incredibly difficult Madhouse mode (normally unlocked after completing the game once). As if that wasn’t enough, all pre-orders on the NA PlayStation Store will also instantly receive a dynamic PS4 theme. Be sure to head over and pre-order today!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
RE7 is gonna be good in VR, probably not too special otherwise.

I hope Mr. Baker rises from the dead one last time while you're watching the credits.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

God drat old man not again! Lol

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Huh, are the guns not going to have aim down sights? That'd be an interesting compromise.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
That was such a Texas Chainsaw Massacre moment, I loved it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Policenaut posted:

Huh, are the guns not going to have aim down sights? That'd be an interesting compromise.

As its a VR game I would assume you would have to bring the gun up to your face. As for that trailer, I was most interested by the beginning. Being stalked by a Mr. X/Nemesis figure in VR should be fun.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

A new version of the Demo huh? Maybe that mysterious mannequin finger will finally do something. :tinfoil:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
That was an alright trailer. It was better than the last one we got since it tells us there's more going on than just running and hiding, but I really hope the cannibalism aspect isn't played up as much. Having gross stuff shoved in your face isn't scary, it's just disgusting.

quote:

We also have some exciting news to share about the digital deluxe version of the game for North America. Previously offering the game and a season pass for two additional story episodes for $79.99 in North America, we’ll be upgrading the digital deluxe version with an additional playable story episode starting tomorrow. This will also shift the price to $89.99 to account for the additional content. However, if you’ve already pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition on the North American PlayStation Store, your pre-order will automatically be upgraded at no additional charge. Plus, all pre-order customers of either the standard or deluxe versions will get a number of bonuses, including the Survival Pack: Recovery Set, consisting of consumable healing items to help you withstand the mansion’s horrors. Don’t worry; these consumables are available again each time you start a new game. Also included are a mysterious in-game Lucky Coin, and access to the incredibly difficult Madhouse mode (normally unlocked after completing the game once). As if that wasn’t enough, all pre-orders on the NA PlayStation Store will also instantly receive a dynamic PS4 theme. Be sure to head over and pre-order today!

It's like they saw the Mankind Divided controversy and wanted to dodge a bullet.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Still doesn't look are feel like a Resident Evil game. Put any other name on it and it'd be fine (I still wouldn't be interested though). Guess I'm skipping this one.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Neither did 4 and it was fine. It's actually more in line with the originals than 4 really.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I don't like 4, either, so that's fine.

E: 2 and 6 are the only ones I've liked. I finished 5, but it wasn't that great. Only played a little of 3, but I hated the Nemesis creature. Never played 1 when it was new.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so if you don't like most of the series, why the gently caress are you going on about how you aren't gonna play it because it isn't anything like the rest of the series (that you don't like)?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RE 6 is the least like the rest of the series (apart from 7) so you should probably be looking forwards to it instead.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
RE games are kinda all a bit varied from one another so I find complaints of it "not feeling or looking like an RE game" to belie a lack of experience with the series.

That said, I still have no clue what to make of RE7 at all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope re7 is good but it isn't like i'm emotionally invested in that outcome. but then, unless it is an unplayable mess i'll probably buy it regardless.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I hope they do a swerve and get ORC2 instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I like how they almost get the guy to eat the dummy finger. There's a metaphor about the dummy finger and people playing the demo over and over trying to find a use for it but drat i can find it.