Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm getting major Clock Tower vibes from that trailer, what with having a single dangerous entity chasing you around that you have to hide from. That's pretty cool. I'm not digging the dinner scene stuff, though. Seems like it's there mostly to be scary in VR. I hope there's not too much stuff like that in the final game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Len posted:

At least when it came out QTE's were more novel than they are now. I remember thinking the knife fight scene was really cool back then.

The knife fight is still really cool. It's just pure machismo b-movie schlock. I can never tell if some of the goofy poo poo in RE4 is knowing or not. It's just short of how Deadly Premonition knew it was ridiculous. Leon's lines are constantly ludicrous but most of the things around him not called Salazar are deadly serious.

Leon Cross
May 10, 2016
I dunno. Saddler was smarmy / smug as gently caress and played off Leon pretty well.

The only major villain that was serious and actually more or less competent was the village chief.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah, RE4 knew exactly how goofy it was.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Krauser QTE is hilariously easy on the PC HD version since you can just mash X+C and LMB+RMB and never miss it. But yes, RE4 is really goofy while people mostly focused on punching boulders on RE5 or Leon crashing every vehicle he is in RE6.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I like the trailer has one of the hilllbillies bursting out of a hallway thats way too similar to P.T

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Knife fight is still cool but did it always do that long pause while it loads the correct scene after a QTE in the Cube version? I don't remember it being that bad.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I'm still super drat excited for RE7, though for some reason I got kinda disappointed when I saw combat - I was thinking the game was going to be an Outlast-style in which there was no way to defend yourself to make it scarier - though maybe it'll be like an Alien Isolation where you DO have weapons, but they probably won't save you too much

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

SgtScruffy posted:

I'm still super drat excited for RE7, though for some reason I got kinda disappointed when I saw combat - I was thinking the game was going to be an Outlast-style in which there was no way to defend yourself to make it scarier - though maybe it'll be like an Alien Isolation where you DO have weapons, but they probably won't save you too much

RE franchise got more ridiculous with each tittle, why would they remove combat when you can suplex or roundhouse kick zombies? Give me John Woo diving and boulder punching.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SgtScruffy posted:

I am pleased to see some semblance of combat because a pure stealth title would not be a Resident Evil title. You can change a lot about a series, but Resident Evil has always had combat, it's always had firearms and it's always had boss battles, and to eschew all of hose in favor of Outlast (yawn) or Alien Isolation (AHHHH) style stealth would make a game that already bears questionable ties to the franchise it is named for even moreso.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I love that from 3D films with the stupid red/blue glasses through to brand new headset VR machines the best thing everyone can think to do with them is shove things in the viewers face. Whether it's to scare them or amaze them, just get that image riiiight up in there.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

I was not reading anything about 7 after how bad 6 was. Fully expected 7 to be a VR animay rhythm and trading card game. I guess there was a demo that wanted to be PT locked up in PS+ but now they tell me its going to be free for everyone with added areas.

Ok you got my attention again Capcom, I'll fire this up on the wife's PS4 if i can figure out how to turn it on.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I like the trailer has one of the hilllbillies bursting out of a hallway thats way too similar to P.T

Resident Evil 2 is what started monsters bursting through hallways :colbert:

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I really love how he just bursts through the wall like it was nothing at all.

Dude's a loving freight train of destruction, I can't wait!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

New CG film coming to Japan Spring 2017, RE: Vendetta. Details are scarce but they say it's to be "similar to RE1's story". The director from The Grudge is also on board for this.

Man, I can only imagine the magical Dino Crisis-level plot a game of this would be like. I would be 200% in for a game about Modern-day Leon & Chris fighting zombies and hunters (and Lisa) in the RE1 mansion.

+1 for keeping the pouty face strong on Leon.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I wish Capcom would do some sort of interest check for a new Dino Crisis game. loving kickstart it with a mid-tier goal or something. If it passes sweet people want a new DC game make one. If it explodes the goal make a better one.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Give Chris his RE5 haircut back! :arghfist:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they made dino crisis 3.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Serious Frolicking posted:

they made dino crisis 3.

Let's forget that exists.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

What's wrong with your faaaaaaaace

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chris needs a shave.

Maybe Leon will find a shaver on top of some boxes after infiltrating the mansion then later exchange it with Chris for a new pistol.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The face is okay but he has someone elses hair attached on top

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I'm glad that after 43 years, a good Texas Chainsaw Massacre game will come out.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Lunethex posted:

New CG film coming to Japan Spring 2017, RE: Vendetta. Details are scarce but they say it's to be "similar to RE1's story". The director from The Grudge is also on board for this.

Man, I can only imagine the magical Dino Crisis-level plot a game of this would be like. I would be 200% in for a game about Modern-day Leon & Chris fighting zombies and hunters (and Lisa) in the RE1 mansion.

+1 for keeping the pouty face strong on Leon.

But how big will Leon's bonus be?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I look at this picture and I can tell everything is wrong with it but I couldn't really tell you what. Nothing seems right.

I'm fan...ish of the other two RE's movies, the first a bit more than the second (occasionally dodgy CG aside), so I've been mildly looking forward to Vendetta. That is remembering that I'm looking forward to it when someone else brings it up because I forgot about it. But really as long as someone is shooting something zombie-like occasionally, there's a giant monster, Leon does some stupid flips, Chris punches something really hard, and there's bad dialogue I'll probably enjoy it enough.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone found anything new and interesting in the updated demo? Seemed mostly the same as far as I could see, I forgot how good it looked though.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I am 100% on board for Mr X with a Shovel.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I think they are trying to resemble real life actors. For instance I think it's pretty obvious that Leon is attempting to channel Norman Reedus. He went from literally the prettiest man alive, a real life anime built in a lab, to... that.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

I'm fan...ish of the other two RE's movies, the first a bit more than the second (occasionally dodgy CG aside), so I've been mildly looking forward to Vendetta. That is remembering that I'm looking forward to it when someone else brings it up because I forgot about it. But really as long as someone is shooting something zombie-like occasionally, there's a giant monster, Leon does some stupid flips, Chris punches something really hard, and there's bad dialogue I'll probably enjoy it enough.
Look, as someone who watched the CG movies a month or two ago, you might want to go through them again as your memory seems a bit faulty. The first one takes itself super seriously, is badly animated and the cg in general is crappy, plus the writing is baaaaaad. The second one fixes all of those points and really feels like an re game turned into a movie.

That said, wow are those Vendetta screens cringy looking, especially chris' face. What the hell happened there??

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's eyeing a big sexy boulder he would like to fist

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Just watched that new trailer. Guess they really liked season 1 of True Detective.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

To echo Policenaut's earlier comment, Mr. Redfield, what the gently caress is wrong with your face?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

smuh posted:

Look, as someone who watched the CG movies a month or two ago, you might want to go through them again as your memory seems a bit faulty. The first one takes itself super seriously, is badly animated and the cg in general is crappy, plus the writing is baaaaaad. The second one fixes all of those points and really feels like an re game turned into a movie.

That said, wow are those Vendetta screens cringy looking, especially chris' face. What the hell happened there??

I preferred the first one because I enjoyed the characters more along with the setting. The second was a bit too action packed and less RE1/2/3/CV and more RE4/5/6 and I'd rather play the latter and watch the former.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Len posted:

I wish Capcom would do some sort of interest check for a new Dino Crisis game. loving kickstart it with a mid-tier goal or something. If it passes sweet people want a new DC game make one. If it explodes the goal make a better one.

The original Dino Crisis on DC was actually my first exposure to survival horror as a genre, as a very young kid

I loving loved that game but it was probably not a good game for a 6-year-old to be playing

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I feel bad for the future of construction workers if all cranes are operated by a card game.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I'm glad that after 43 years, a good Texas Chainsaw Massacre game will come out.

More like... Texas Chainsaw Mascara.

Leon Cross
May 10, 2016
If we get super serious Leon and not B-movie Leon, I will be disappointed.

That said, the RE CGI movies were fairly enjoyable.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
All I remember about the 2nd RE movie is that annoying guy JD, and the pretty cool fight with Ada and the Russian President?

blackguy32 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Didn't Dino Crisis allow you to move and aim at the same time? It's been so long since I've played it. I'm amazed it took so long for Resident Evil to adopt that.