Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Battle ambulance exists and it's the light tank. Poop health out left and right but mostly behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I find it alarming, through not surprising, that 28% of people were playing Recon.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Medic still had the best guns. People just weren't playing it because they assume Assault always has the best guns and theyre probably not good at using semi autos. There wasn't enough people using the assault AT rocket gun for the people playing assault to be playing it for that reason
The starter med fun was also hot garbage.

PittTheElder posted:

I find it alarming, through not surprising, that 28% of people were playing Recon.
I guess you can at least disable it server side if you pay for your own server where you won't get rcon

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

evil_bunnY posted:

I guess you can at least disable it server side if you pay for your own server where you won't get rcon

Where have you been the last like eight years?

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
It's funny. When I played the Beta it felt like a steaming load of garbage, but I couldn't really pinpoint why.

Then I remembered that basically all of my BF friends were absent for the Beta, busy dealing with real life poo poo, and I was just randoming all the time.

BF is a terrible series to play by yourself.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

Where have you been the last like eight years?
?

Backhand posted:

It's funny. When I played the Beta it felt like a steaming load of garbage, but I couldn't really pinpoint why.

Then I remembered that basically all of my BF friends were absent for the Beta, busy dealing with real life poo poo, and I was just randoming all the time.

Ya I tried queueing on my own and it was horrible. It's ok if you want to just kill nerds over and over, but PYFO'ing is actively discouraged by a whole bunch of dumb design decisions

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I'm pretty sure options like "disable a whole class" really do not exist anymore for EA games even if it's your server.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm pretty sure options like "disable a whole class" really do not exist anymore for EA games even if it's your server.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

It seems to be an option:

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
So how long do you think it'll be before they find an excuse to put Operation Metro in a DLC?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Ok maybe I was wrong, nevermind!

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

Ok maybe I was wrong, nevermind!
s'cool mang

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Backhand posted:

So how long do you think it'll be before they find an excuse to put Operation Metro in a DLC?

This would suck but it would actually be cool if they found a way to "throw back" to other old battlefield levels but have them *earlier* in time in WWI. I'm sure they'll find a way, there's bound to be a retro map DLC.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Backhand posted:

alt-Battle of Arras, with Germans attacking into cave networks for some reason.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

DoctorStrangelove posted:

No but there might be a Japan vs. Germany.

omg yes

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
what's a fatwife?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Backhand posted:

Nah, it's good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys

BUY MONSTER ENERGY

http://battlefield.monsterenergy.com/

BATTLEPACKS

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Eonwe posted:

hey guys

BUY MONSTER ENERGY

http://battlefield.monsterenergy.com/

BATTLEPACKS

But I like my stomach lining :(.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SeanBeansShako posted:

But I like my stomach lining :(.

jokes on you then. if you don't have 100 battlepacks on day 1 then how will people know you are a true gamer

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
When it comes to Battlefield I'm.....

... A MONSTER!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
woah

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Someone please calculate how many of those things I can drink per day between now and launch without actually dying. I'm ok with some loss of bodily function as long as it doesn't impact my KDR.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

KM Scorchio posted:

Someone please calculate how many of those things I can drink per day between now and launch without actually dying. I'm ok with some loss of bodily function as long as it doesn't impact my KDR.

My ex used to drink four monsters once per week because that's when she had a late night class and she did this a number of times without dying. So I think the answer is at least four.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its 5

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Hmmm I'm thinking I'm gonna need more battlepacks than that to make me good at this game guys tbqh I spent most of the beta getting run over by horses.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Horses weak against flamethrower.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

xyigx posted:

IF you don't have them all the BF4 DLC is free on origin right now.

:siren::siren::siren::siren: https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/browse/pc-download/expansion/pricebargains?q=#28 :siren::siren::siren::siren:

Hell yea, thanks for this!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Allow medics to get an old time ambulance to drive around in and a bet people would play the class way more.

(That was a thing in WW1, right?)

Yes. Walt Disney was an ambulance driver during WWI actually.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

KM Scorchio posted:

true dirtbags gamerz just take the codes by opening up the 4 packs at their local Walmarts

and drink Destiny Redbulls

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

EDIT: I'm a literal retard.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 16, 2016

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Horses weak against flamethrower.

In the sense that they might die shortly after taking out the flamethrower if they don't jump off and heal immediately.

They'll still kill the flamethrower though.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

PittTheElder posted:

That Russian bolt action made recon fun to play and not useless. I played around with it a bit.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

sbaldrick posted:

That Russian bolt action made recon fun to play and not useless. I played around with it a bit.

The 1895 and SMLE Carbine made being up close and personal with the Recon very satisfying. Also meant you had no scope lighting and made it reasonably easy to counter snipe those that did.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The 1895 and SMLE Carbine made being up close and personal with the Recon very satisfying. Also meant you had no scope lighting and made it reasonably easy to counter snipe those that did.

I goy drunk, turned off the hud, grabbed the SMLE carbine and ran around for ULTRAINING REALISM mode and found myself top 5th every round.

Started playing super cautiously, and the game is pretty good about visual and audio cues (the armies are always different colors) and found it easy to PTFO while playing it safe. Surprised how functional the game was without a hud, excited for hardcore.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
This guy :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvd-VCqoJM8

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Going by the YouTube name, I was maybe on a Lockers server with this guy and he went like 400-50. In very suspicious circumstances. This video looks a bit suspect, too...

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

In other news, I am pleased we can clamber awkwardly onto vehicles and surf them again like in 1942! It's a shame we never tried this in Beta with planes with my small circle of goon squad friends.

I noticed this immediately and loved it. Also there has to be a map where a huge cloud of mustard gas rolls in and envelops the battlefield like the sandstorm in Sinai, right? Otherwise the gas masks seem really unnecessary.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

UP AND ADAM posted:

I noticed this immediately and loved it. Also there has to be a map where a huge cloud of mustard gas rolls in and envelops the battlefield like the sandstorm in Sinai, right? Otherwise the gas masks seem really unnecessary.

That would be an awesome event.

I am horrible for wishing for this though. drat you WW1.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Lol, I just thought of what if there were horses on said map, which would suddenly turn into piles of horse corpses at each spawn when that event happens, but apparently they invented horse gas masks. Those would be cool to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I am not a gunsperg, so I didn't understand why the game forces you to zero in your distance on sniper rifles. just give me the longest distance to start with :shrug: