Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

mine would follow me around and leap from the ottoman back to my lap like 2 ft away

You let 5 rats run wild in your home for no reason?? Man, the civilized world is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I think my dog is sick

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

I think my dog is sick

my dog got hit by 2 cars and has lived to be 10 and going strong. hope the boss didn't ruin my brain with cancer so i can keep on taking care of the daisies

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Cats are disgusting filthy creatures filled with disease and parasites. The only people who like cats are people infected with that brain parasite they carry that makes you like them. :colbert:

Boomzilla
Dec 2, 2007

I died from that parasite have some respect

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The only good pet is a parrot but if you aren't NEET you can't take proper care of one.

Every other animal is a meme in the very literal sense of the word as intended by Richard Dawkins and you are a fool for buying into them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
bird crazies are just the worst

naem
May 29, 2011

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
My cat died.

My dog hasn't died yet.

Boomzilla
Dec 2, 2007

If you have a bird in your house I don't want to come to your house so get a bird and maybe dudes won't come over and drink all your milk and fall asleep in your bed

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Crazier are the dweebs who don't think their flat-faced rats don't smell like a waste treatment plant.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceClown posted:

Crazier are the dweebs who don't think their flat-faced rats don't smell like a waste treatment plant.

I enjoy the long-winded tutelage and the holy popery

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Whatever shred of credibility cat owners had remaining despite owning the grossest mammals on earth, along with whatever semblence of dignity the species had was indisputably annihilated when cats became a "the cake is a lie XD" level cornerstone meme for turbo nerds like... in 2008.

Today shibas may be the more relevant animal ruined by memes, but if you own a cat and post anywhere that isn't facebook you are completely off the charts when it comes to being a cliche memester.

If you gatheted all Detroit, Portland, Toronto, Vancouver and San Fran millenials together and had them combine their collective ironic forces, it wouldn't suffice to counteract the sheer level of being a walking cliche in a single nanoangstrom of your body. The only thing that can make your predicament worse is if you are a japanophile, and I should remind you at this point we are already hitting nerd levels that shouldn't even be possible!

Think about that next time you see your precious thumbless, moronic house raccoon.

SpaceClown fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Sep 15, 2016

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

SpaceClown posted:

Whatever shred of credibility cat owners had remaining despite owning the grossest mammals on earth, along with whatever semblence of dignity the species had was indisputably annihilated when cats became a "the cake is a lie XD" level cornerstone meme for turbo nerds like... in 2008.

Today shibas may be the more relevant animal ruined by memes, but if you own a cat and post anywhere that isn't facebook you are completely off the charts when it comes to being a cliche memester.

If you gatheted all Detroit, Portland, Toronto, Vancouver and San Fran millenials together and had them combine their collective ironic forces, it wouldn't suffice to counteract the sheer level of being a walking cliche in a single nanoangstrom of your body.

Think about that next time you see your precious thumbless, moronic house raccoon.

On the other hand, you are making the argument that dogs smell better than cats (false) and you have referenced both Portal and used the phrase 'ironic memester'.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a dog from hell posted:

On the other hand, you are making the argument that dogs smell better than cats (false) and you have referenced both Portal and used the phrase 'ironic memester'.

I never claimed dogs didn't smell terrible. I haven't mentioned dogs, thank you very much.

Also that was to only contexualize my point on how big of a loser you are if you own a cat.

Spoiler: bigger than Grimes if her music career never took off and she became a montreal speed ghoul.

There, is that a good enough obtuse analogy for ya, you goofball?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

While I can agree that a badly kept dog smells worse than a well kept cat, if you stop feeding your dog cheap trash kibble so all the skin rashes clear up and start giving it a wash every other month or so they can smell much better than any cat.

All cats reek of piss but cat owners stop noticing due to toxo and living with a gross shitbox in their living room.

E: also you can wash your dog and still have all your fingers attached afterwards without having to wear chainmail gloves, unlike a cat

r u ready to WALK fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Sep 15, 2016

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I love catte

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceClown posted:

I never claimed dogs didn't smell terrible. I haven't mentioned dogs, thank you very much.

Also that was to only contexualize my point on how big of a loser you are if you own a cat.

Spoiler: bigger than Grimes if her music career never took off and she became a montreal speed ghoul.

There, is that a good enough obtuse analogy for ya, you goofball?

taking meth just makes you retarded

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Serious Frolicking posted:

bird crazies are just the worst

My neighbor bought a parrot but contracted some disease from it where her lungs hardened and she died.

So yup bird crazies are bad.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

personable decorum posted:

taking meth just makes you retarded

Speed isn't meth.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Cat doors are good because cat poop tastes bad but dont build them too wide because possums and coons will come into your house and eat all the cat food out of the big containers and then they will get stuck trying to excape because they are too fat. So just make sure to seal and hang all cat food containers out of little bandit reach.

naem
May 29, 2011

SpaceClown posted:

If you gatheted all Detroit, Portland, Toronto, Vancouver and San Fran millenials together and had them combine their collective ironic forces, it wouldn't suffice to counteract the sheer level of being a walking cliche in a single nanoangstrom of your body. The only thing that can make your predicament worse is if you are a japanophile, and I should remind you at this point we are already hitting nerd levels that shouldn't even be possible!

I'm pretty sure the Detroit ones would kill and eat all the others

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
what is "the cake is a lie" a reference to

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

naem posted:

I think my dog is sick

They have these at the Omaha zoo and I wanted to pet them

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Cats are cool and chill, and good friends :3:

Dogs, dogs suck

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the bible posted:

what is "the cake is a lie" a reference to

They promised cake would be served

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I think someone already said that a dog in the hands of a lovely owner becomes MUCH worse than a cat in the hands of a lazy owner and that's true

But there's also a ceiling on how awesome cats can be that dogs can exceed with proper training and care

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

My dog does CPR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL3DXJE9UJk&t=220s

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Garfield's 9 lives was a pretty mediocre vignette of short stories but life #6 was by far one of the most moving shorts I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efW7buQYQMg

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Yeah this thread explains why I like cat people better than dog people

Dog people: Cats are scum, they should all die, my dog could EAT your cat hahaha you only like cats because of parasites

Cat people: I dont like that dogs bark much but they can be cool too

Cat people are way more chill than dog people, chill is the way to live life

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
they say that cats can lower your resting heart rate just by hanging around

they just exude chill

well OK maybe that's dogs as well but having a cat around does make me feel less guilty about laying around and taking naps

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

Bismuth posted:

Cat people are way more chill than dog people, chill is the way to live life

srry m8, cat people are so bad you will see dating profiles that say "if you're a guy that's into cats, swipe left"

also i think you're conflating "chill" with "boring"

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
am extremely confused by some posts itt. it says in the beginning cats are better than dogs, there was no debate

naem
May 29, 2011

jackyl posted:

am extremely confused by some posts itt. it says in the beginning cats are better than dogs, there was no debate

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
All pets are good unless they are individually bad

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
if you're gonna cat and dog in 2016 you might as well be a catdog y0

naem
May 29, 2011

gannyGrabber posted:

All pets are good unless they are individually bad

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

That squirrel looks mad.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

Dr. Carwash posted:

srry m8, cat people are so bad you will see dating profiles that say "if you're a guy that's into cats, swipe left"

also i think you're conflating "chill" with "boring"

boring and/or lunatics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
if u gotta meet a person in the Internet for a relationship it probably doesn't matter if u like cats or dogs but cats still own

• Locked thread