Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Donkwich posted:

Of all the election cycles to want to vote third party, they choose the cycle where the third party candidates are much more incompetent than they normally are. Some of the electorate is so desperate for their dream non-weird anti-establishment candidate, but many of them will come crawling back.

The 3rd party candidates are exactly the same as 2012 though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Night10194 posted:

It's happened multiple times before and he's self-destructed every time.

This is the 4th time since last year that Trump has reached or exceeded 44% in national poll aggregation. Last time was the conventions and he went all the way up to 45.6%. Every time he crashes back down to 40% or below. Outside of October 8th 2015-December 15th 2015, the longest period of time he's been solidly above 43% was the convention when he flew towards the sun for 9 whole days, July 23-July 31. The entire race has seen Trump more or less bouncing between SUPER hosed polling numbers and hosed polling numbers.

Trump is Trump. He manages to, comparatively, hold his poo poo together for a week or two every once in a while and the media fills the void with think pieces on bad news for Hillary. If you like, you can look at it the opposite way, and every once in a while think pieces on Hillary are louder than Trump's gently caress ups. However Trump always finds a way to get the attention and the scorn back on himself. He can't keep from loving up, and his team of yes men can only corral him for so long before he goes off.

Could this be mythic time of difference, when the laws of reality go haywire and we transition from the comically worst timeline to the the true darkest timeline? Sure, it's a lurking possibility. Not a very big one though, especially since Trump is Trump. Remember that McCain and Romney both lead for brief periods as well. It's all going to work out and we'll all be drinking our favorite citrus mixed drinks come November. And in 2020 we'll all freak out when Ted Cruz looks to be winning and all is lost, only to victoriously drink Canadian Punch in November.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but they're even worse now somehow. Stein wasn't actively shilling for Putin in 2012 as I recall.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Trump could spend the entire debate pissing blood into his own mouth and he would win the debate. We all know this.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

SLOSifl posted:

Trump could spend the entire debate pissing blood into his own mouth and he would win the debate. We all know this.

I have so much blood. The best blood! People would pay me to donate blood, everyone's saying it. My blood would cure cancer.

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
Will the debt limit be hit on 17th? OP says something to that effect.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Argas posted:

I have so much blood. The best blood! People would pay me to donate blood, everyone's saying it. My blood would cure cancer.

I would personally volunteer to drink a few pints of Trump blood directly from the vein, regardless of the veracity of this claim.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I think some perspective is helpful from the past two elections' RCP poll aggregates. Yes, they both had Obama, but:

In 2012, Obama was leading Romney by about 3 points on this day. He was leading Romney by less than a point when he won the election with that electoral map.
In 2008, McCain was leading Obama by about 1.5 points on this day.

LMAO though, on RCP's election news page:

quote:

Transparency Issue Clouds Clinton, Trump Campaigns

If Hillary Clinton kept her respiratory illness under wraps too long, and Donald Trump still refuses to reveal his tax returns
Hopefully Trump is wearing out this equivalency reflex at least.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Jesus. The shifting goalposts are real.

First, it was "Trump will say something stupid and ruin himself again."

Then, when he didn't, it was "he'll never break 40% in the polls".

Then, it was "oh, Clinton still leads by four or five".

Then it became, "She can win even if she loses all the swing states".

loving hell. Just accept the fact she is losing and doing a lovely job of campaigning.

The debates are the only hope we have left before a madman takes office and kills us all.

EDIT: His campaign just released a statement saying Obama was born in the US. Now watch as the press gives him credit and he continues to rise in the polls.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

CelestialScribe posted:

loving hell. Just accept the fact she is losing and doing a lovely job of campaigning.

The debates are the only hope we have left before a madman takes office and kills us all.

Something something loving toxx something.

Edit: Except Trump himself refuses to affirmake that Obama was born here.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Cthulhumatic posted:

Something something loving toxx something.

gently caress off. I don't have to place a stupid bet to point out that this thread is delusional.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hillary isn't losing she's up +2 in the poll of polls

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CelestialScribe posted:

gently caress off. I don't have to place a stupid bet to point out that this thread is delusional.

Please have a heart attack already.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

CelestialScribe posted:

Toxx

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

Yup.

Also gently caress yourself. Trump refuses to pull back on being a birther.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

CelestialScribe posted:

I guess you will just have to warm yourself with the sure and certain knowledge that you managed to annoy some strangers on the Internet by repeating the same poo poo endlessly for months when Trump grinds you up for bone meal and stem cells

I mean really if you're this absolutely convinced that Donald Trump is going to become President and kill us all in a nuclear war, shouldn't you get out there and get some hedonism on? Maybe run up some credit cards you won't have to pay back? Or perhaps prepare yourself and obtain durable goods and other resources for yourself, or perhaps attempt to store seeds in a radiation-proof bunker for the future to use to regenerate the ecology?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

and in every model

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Xerxes.org, the Poll of Polls

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

and in every model
and she's had pneumonia for the past week and had no control of message

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

and she's had pneumonia for the past week and had no control of message
and Trump has been somewhat reserved

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Since when did this thread go from "swing states only matter" to "she's up two in the national polls everything is fine"?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007

CelestialScribe posted:

Since when did this thread go from "swing states only matter" to "she's up two in the national polls everything is fine"?

POST A MAP

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CelestialScribe posted:

EDIT: His campaign just released a statement saying Obama was born in the US. Now watch as the press gives him credit and he continues to rise in the polls.

His surrogates have been saying it for a while now. No one is going to believe it until he himself actually says it.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

CelestialScribe posted:

you said she was losing? she's winning in the models, swing states, and polls. Trump has "momentum" right now, but that doesn't mean that he's winning

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

CelestialScribe posted:

since you just so happened to powerfully own us with the blinding radiance of your superior intellect

perhaps you can challenge Fishmech to become America's Smartest Boy

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I want Trump to have enough imaginary "momentum" that he and everyone around him actually thinks he's going to win going into election day. I want another Fox News meltdown.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
dont quote marmalade

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

CelestialScribe posted:

I know this is probably the most pointless post I've ever made, which is impressive, but I shall respond to you.

Hillary is not losing. In fact she has been winning for 450 of the 457 total days that Trump has officially been running for president. I know you like to pretend that Clinton is losing and we're all doomed, but it would be nice if you held off on yelling about the wolf until the wolf was actually here. I can't even remember if you remembered to cry wolf on the few days that it was actually "warranted". :sad:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

I will say that it does 'feel' like Trump's winning because a moderate unlikelihood that one of the most terrible people alive being president feels like a loss. Where the polls are at currently, it feels like we're on the second Russian Roulette spin.

He is, however, not ahead by any reliable metric.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

"Comeback Clinton"

Phayray fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 16, 2016

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Gyges posted:

I know this is probably the most pointless post I've ever made, which is impressive, but I shall respond to you.

Hillary is not losing. In fact she has been winning for 450 of the 457 total days that Trump has officially been running for president. I know you like to pretend that Clinton is losing and we're all doomed, but it would be nice if you held off on yelling about the wolf until the wolf was actually here. I can't even remember if you remembered to cry wolf on the few days that it was actually "warranted". :sad:

More then anything else this election and this thread is making me realize people have no idea we aren't a direct democracy. Or how the Electoral College works.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Rookersh posted:

More then anything else this election and this thread is making me realize people have no idea we aren't a direct democracy. Or how the Electoral College works.
The EC system may actually wind up benefitting Trump though

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rookersh posted:

Donald Trump is winning in neither the nationwide popular "election" nor in the actual Electoral College system. He has not been, and it's really unlikely that he will in the future.

Though I guess one could argue that we'll have a whole boatload of faithless electors who happen to get a trip on Trump Cruise Line on November 10th.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Phayray posted:

"Comeback Clinton"

It was Clinton they wanted to write the comeback narrative about all along :wow:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Nessus posted:

since you just so happened to powerfully own us with the blinding radiance of your superior intellect

perhaps you can challenge Fishmech to become America's Smartest Boy

Fishmech can actually debate. Celestial just says Hillary is doomed.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Phayray posted:

"Comeback Clinton"

The pivot!!!!!

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gyges posted:

I know you like to pretend that Clinton is losing and we're all doomed, but it would be nice if you held off on yelling about the wolf until the wolf was actually here.

:wow:

Phayray posted:

"Comeback Clinton"

It's BBC so hard to feel like CNN will go HMM THOSE BRITISH CHAPS HAVE SOMETHING. But if the media finally goes "okay well enough of that, time to make sure the country doesn't devolve into a tire fire (that hurts our bottom lines)" then I would like it very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Haha, they really can't let it go, can they? It would be such a powerful move, the ultimate pivot, yet they still really can't.

• Locked thread