Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
the TV ratings will be in the pits because nobody watches TV anymore

the democrats and MSM haven't caught on to that yet - they still think they control what people see and hear 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

reallivedinosaur posted:

the democrats and MSM haven't caught on to that yet - they still think they control what people see and hear 100%

i mean the aggregate of people who view the debates through whatever channel will vastly outnumber those who actually cast a ballot

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
these debates are about to be the most bizarre moments in American History.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i think a bunch of piss babies will tune out in frustration when trump outperforms hrc

then wait for a summary of how great abuela muerte did and how racist that white man was to her

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
trump will babble inane nonsense, clinton will seem to die but is actually just molting. bleh, nothing i haven't seen before.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
im here to chew bubble gum and melt down

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

The Protagonist posted:

haha yeah tell us about who belongs in the garbage (pogroms)

what demographics would you gas?

the all y'all demographic

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

reallivedinosaur posted:

Lol, the democrats have an extremely successful social media team and are noted by political commentators of all political affiliations for having embraced and adapted to technology. Whereas the republicans have failed completely in this regard and seem increasingly embarrassing and hokey. This seems like something that can be agreed upon regardless of political ideology.

It is no wonder that Trump wrecking balled his way through the gop. He at least has some sort of chintzy glamour, whereas the rest of the republican candidates had the appearance, mannerisms and charisma of Tim and Eric show extras.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

NotWearingPants posted:

the all y'all demographic

you mean the southern states?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the only way to save this election is to kill all the white people, then all the non-white people, and then blow up the earth.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

reallivedinosaur posted:

you mean the southern states?

no, I mean all y'all

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

The Protagonist posted:

haha yeah tell us about who belongs in the garbage (pogroms)

what demographics would you gas?

My next-door neighbor who blasts lovely dubstep at 2 AM in the morning.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
what a coincidence i just found out she's stealing from poor people, deliberately making sure the amounts stolen are under $100 so they don't get investigated

http://observer.com/2016/09/exclusive-hillary-clinton-campaign-systematically-overcharging-poorest-donors/

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
She raised all this money for her campaign and what the hell is she doing with it? Paying surrogates to rotate through the words sexist racist misogynist has an immunizing effect, that's diminishing returns son

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

8 bit, we agree on most issues. the fiend hillary clinton is no exception

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

shillary should pay me 10 grand. i will publish a blog post about the evils of horst wessel pepe

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

The Saurus posted:

what a coincidence i just found out she's stealing from poor people, deliberately making sure the amounts stolen are under $100 so they don't get investigated

http://observer.com/2016/09/exclusive-hillary-clinton-campaign-systematically-overcharging-poorest-donors/

quote:

Disclosure: Donald Trump is the father-in-law of Jared Kushner, the publisher of Observer Media.

this some pulitzer poo poo here thx shrimpdick

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Moon Atari posted:

Guess which side of politics is currently combating the private prison industry with some success. Guess which side of politics has better considered policies on the middle east. Put some thought into who is more likely to ease racial tensions rather than try to forcefully maintain their cause.

I think your answer to this is vastly more interesting than mine. Look at the past eight years, which has seen more deportation of immigrants, more convictions of whistleblowers, and the establishment and expansion of a domestic spy program that is so insidious and creepy, I'm kind of astonished that more people aren't actively furious about it. Clinton is NOT a better choice in any stretch of the term--she's going to continue our warpath through the Middle East, which I am very confident will only lead to more ISIS attacks on the West, more anti-American sentiment, and the erosion of our European support. Clinton will continue the War on Drugs, which is a policy that is at present filling our prisons with literal black slaves, is responsible for the decline and destruction of Mexico's sovereignty, and is expensive, immoral and otherwise just a loving buzz kill.

If wanting to maybe stop my country from engaging in behavior I find morally wrong is a "juvenile fancy" then maybe it's for the best. Your cynicism--and the cycnicism of the centrist left in general in America right now--has led to eight years of economic degeneration, thousands of death Libyans and Syrians, more private prisons, just as much torture, assassinations, and all that other poo poo everyone hated Bush for, and worse of all, it's given the common person absolutely nothing to show for it.

This is the status quo, and if it persists, I do think the consequences to the United States will be existentially dire.

Four years of Johnson puts a stop to our imperial appetite, for just a little while. Give the world a chance to breathe, and maybe we can clean our own house while we're at it. I'll stomach private prisons another term--if we're not filling them with non-violent drug offenders, that's a major, concrete and tangible outcome that could happen well within 4 years, possibly even within the first 100 days.

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 16, 2016

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The economic situation has improved rather than degenerated, although it is somewhat stagnate, as can be expected of the neo-liberal economic policy both sides fancy, and which i don't support. As to middle eastern policy, it is far from ideal and full of extreme moral compromise, but is infinitely less counterproductive and outright destructive than Bush era policy and anything that the republican party champions. Failure to adequately clean up the mess of foreign policy is one of the biggest weaknesses of Obama's government, particularly in regards to torture, detainment and drone policy. But in general there isn't exactly a clear solution to US involvement in the middle east. Complete withdrawal will cause even greater humanitarian crisis, further ground force intervention is unlikely to be successful and will be deeply unpopular, and financing local forces is complicated by all parties being terrible. I would prefer far less military involvement and more humanitarian spending, but isis is a big obstacle to that at the moment.

As to the police state, the democrats aren't very strongly opposed to it but liberals in general are far more involved in combating it than any political alternative. They are even partially or fully responsible for notable small victories at the state level. The movement against private prisons and police policy is finally heating up. Again, democrats are more amenable to it than republicans or any of the fringe right groups, who uniformly support more authoritarianism as long as it applies to minorities rather than them personally.

To be honest i don't even live in the US, I just follow its politics. I live in a country where i can vote for a third party greens candidate and have my vote swept into the centre left party's tally should they fail to get adequate numbers. If i couldn't do this i would face a harder dilemma over whether or not i should vote for the compromised but less destructive and occasionally productive party, or vote for a third party candidate. However, even if i were voting third party it would certainly not be for a libertarian, who if miraculously elected would perform worse in all areas except maybe foreign policy (although even that is unlikely).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you retard. johnson loves private prisons more than life itself. how dumb are you if "legalize weed" makes you ignore every other thing the man has ever done or said?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Serious Frolicking posted:

you retard. johnson loves private prisons more than life itself. how dumb are you if "legalize weed" makes you ignore every other thing the man has ever done or said?

Read my post maybe, lol. I'm biting that bullet in favor of an executive push for widespread decriminalization, something Johnson wants to do. And hey, one bad policy is nothing compared to the baker's dozen that Bush, Obama, and Clinton after them will do.

Moon Atari posted:

The economic situation has improved rather than degenerated, although it is somewhat stagnate,

Industries are abandoning the U.S. like a sinking ship, job growth is pitifully small, and rural America is eroding. Small towns are dying and cities are growing bloated and overloaded. America scarcely produces anything, and the majority of our exports are made by prison labor.

quote:

As to middle eastern policy, it is far from ideal and full of extreme moral compromise, but is infinitely less counterproductive and outright destructive than Bush era policy and anything that the republican party champions.

It is the literal same policy, except with drone strikes and carpet bombing in lieu of an actual ground invasion, so basically...it's the same policy, but with modern tech. Secret prisons and torture and all!

quote:

To be honest i don't even live in the US, I just follow its politics.

Then there's literally no point to even talking about this with you, lmao.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
"Get a load of this broad! She's sendin' fuckin' classified emails all over the place, ya know!? And meanwhile, her husband's dickin bimbos left and right! And did you get a load of her foundation and the Saudi's? I mean, come on, am I right? Sad! Cuck! Pepe!"

"Secretary Clinton, your response?"

*Hillary swoons before trying to discretely vomit behind podium. She claws her way upright once more.*

"It.....It's *URK* my turn."

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I'm voting for the people's champion, Pepe

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Trump compromising with the democratic members of congress is better than Hillary compromising with the Republican members of congress.

Gary.... has no popular support that he can use to whip congress with and he would accomplish not a single thing besides sitting on his hands to stall the executive.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ork of Fiction posted:

Gary.... has no popular support that he can use to whip congress with and he would accomplish not a single thing besides sitting on his hands to stall the executive.

Inaction has its own virtues, but I think people underestimate Johnson. He could probably get Congress to play ball with decent success. I mean, poo poo, Obama failed to get anything through the legislature either, and the executive branch can dissolve the NSA and stop the goddamn drone strikes.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I think your answer to this is vastly more interesting than mine. Look at the past eight years, which has seen more deportation of immigrants, more convictions of whistleblowers, and the establishment and expansion of a domestic spy program that is so insidious and creepy, I'm kind of astonished that more people aren't actively furious about it. Clinton is NOT a better choice in any stretch of the term--she's going to continue our warpath through the Middle East, which I am very confident will only lead to more ISIS attacks on the West, more anti-American sentiment, and the erosion of our European support. Clinton will continue the War on Drugs, which is a policy that is at present filling our prisons with literal black slaves, is responsible for the decline and destruction of Mexico's sovereignty, and is expensive, immoral and otherwise just a loving buzz kill.

If wanting to maybe stop my country from engaging in behavior I find morally wrong is a "juvenile fancy" then maybe it's for the best. Your cynicism--and the cycnicism of the centrist left in general in America right now--has led to eight years of economic degeneration, thousands of death Libyans and Syrians, more private prisons, just as much torture, assassinations, and all that other poo poo everyone hated Bush for, and worse of all, it's given the common person absolutely nothing to show for it.

This is the status quo, and if it persists, I do think the consequences to the United States will be existentially dire.

Four years of Johnson puts a stop to our imperial appetite, for just a little while. Give the world a chance to breathe, and maybe we can clean our own house while we're at it. I'll stomach private prisons another term--if we're not filling them with non-violent drug offenders, that's a major, concrete and tangible outcome that could happen well within 4 years, possibly even within the first 100 days.

sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru window

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol this guy cannot be real. LITERAL BLACK SLAVES A BLOO HOO HOO but oh well this guy who is all about LITERAL BLACK SLAVES is okay because i could get high without my mom yelling at me.

Cruising Altitude
Sep 15, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

lol this guy cannot be real. LITERAL BLACK SLAVES A BLOO HOO HOO but oh well this guy who is all about LITERAL BLACK SLAVES is okay because i could get high without my mom yelling at me.

lol bitter

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012

Moon Atari posted:

Lol, the democrats have an extremely successful social media team and are noted by political commentators of all political affiliations for having embraced and adapted to technology. Whereas the republicans have failed completely in this regard and seem increasingly embarrassing and hokey. This seems like something that can be agreed upon regardless of political ideology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxfMUEf9otQ

Cruising Altitude
Sep 15, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

She needs to apologize for this stuff IMO.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

:trumppop:

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

wow, seriously embarrassing

Cruising Altitude
Sep 15, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
personal liability financial reparations level even

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

unironically worse than the email thing

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uuuuuugggghhhh. you know, hitler never went on tv to make a commercial like that.

Cruising Altitude
Sep 15, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

uuuuuugggghhhh. you know, hitler never went on tv to make a commercial like that.

gang lynch murderers need to be put on public tv ya

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Anything that involves hillary actually talking is a mistake. its funnier when she tweets like a snarky millennial and people respond as if she actually wrote it herself.

Cruising Altitude
Sep 15, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Moon Atari posted:

Anything that involves hillary actually talking is a mistake. its funnier when she tweets like a snarky millennial and people respond as if she actually wrote it herself.

stop being a nice guy

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

hitler actually had charisma

so in that regard i guess hillary really is worse than hitler?

makes you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cruising Altitude
Sep 15, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

rezatahs posted:

hitler actually had charisma

so in that regard i guess hillary really is worse than hitler?

makes you think

hillary is a fuckin lame duck but we'll put up with her

• Locked thread