Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Nihonniboku posted:

Do we know if there will be a live finale for All-Stars 2? Season 4 was the first to do a live finale after the winners of season 2 and 3 were leaked beforehand, but All-Stars 1 had a traditional finale.

The bootlist had a top three without a specified winner. Now that the series is actually airing I don't want to go and check it for accuracy, but iirc it's been on point so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
In a way, I kind of understand Alyssa's reasoning. Katya had been doing really well, but fell flat on her face this week, and on the other hand, Ginger had been consistent throughout, but hadn't really done anything to have an "all star" moment quite yet. Do you give someone a second chance to bounce back to great, or do you wait for someone to break through to great?

To be fair though, I don't think Ginger should have been in the bottom anyway. She was alright, albeit "kinda there" at times (though I feel like that kind sums up her run?). I actually like Ginger more this season than I did during her original season.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Miz Kriss posted:

In a way, I kind of understand Alyssa's reasoning. Katya had been doing really well, but fell flat on her face this week, and on the other hand, Ginger had been consistent throughout, but hadn't really done anything to have an "all star" moment quite yet. Do you give someone a second chance to bounce back to great, or do you wait for someone to break through to great?

To be fair though, I don't think Ginger should have been in the bottom anyway. She was alright, albeit "kinda there" at times (though I feel like that kind sums up her run?). I actually like Ginger more this season than I did during her original season.

I rewatched the episode again yesterday, and while Katya's runway look was not good, Ginger's was one of the worst in the history of Drag Race. I understand and agree with Alyssa's decision. Surely Ru has made her decision on who to eliminate before based on their history, and not just that specific challenge, especially if it's close or they've been up for elimination a few times already.

It's going to bite Alyssa in the rear end.

Also, I'm sooooooooooo excited for the return of Little Poundcake. That was amazing.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Ginger, Phi Phi, and Roxy should be the next to go anyway, regardless of the order. Katya doesn't do much for me, but it was not his time to go.

There is virtually no chance that Rupaul doesn't know which lipsticks were picked.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

And now I'm just looking forward to next week.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Still rooting for Alaska to win, and at this point there is virtually no competition.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think Alaska is certainly the front runner right now.

That being said, I thought Phi Phi killed the lip sync this week and should have won.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Really? Alaska did the lip synch in character. Way better than Phi. I did like Phi Phi talking mad poo poo while Alyssa was listening though.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

It may have been because I was impressed by how much Phi Phi's lip syncing has improved, but I felt her take was a better fit to the song and she sold the illusion of actually singing for me.

Alaska's lip synch was really good, so ultimately I'm not too upset, I just thought Phi Phi's was better. :shrug:

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Oh and while Alaska was really fun in the acting challenge I kinda felt she stole Jinkx's Bette Davis from the BotS snatch game performances.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I want phi phi to shut her dumb mouth and just look pretty

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Troposphere posted:

I want phi phi to shut her dumb mouth and just look pretty

But the best part of reality television is people inadvertently revealing all of their character flaws and Phi Phi is the absolute best at that.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I guess it makes for good tv but it also just makes me mad and then I feel dumb for getting mad at reality tv

she's digging her own grave tho lol so much for showing the nice phi phi!

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
she's being so dramatic on twitter too oh my god girl stop

https://twitter.com/PhiPhiOhara/status/776637403226222592

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

garthoneeye posted:

But the best part of reality television is people inadvertently revealing all of their character flaws and Phi Phi is the absolute best at that.

I still love Phi Phi — it's obvious that she's an amazing artist — but the entertainment that's coming from her being physically unable to stop bitching is priceless. :allears:

She managed to dodge having to eliminate Alyssa by losing the lipsync, only to bash her and basically get the penalty without at least winning $10k. HOW

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
That was a pretty fantastic episode. Lil Poundcake is the greatest return to television!

I also absolutely loved the reveal of the eliminated queens behind the mirror. I was wondering when they were going to bring them back.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Todrick continues to forge new depths of uselessness.

Ru needs to start coughing during her stock intro of him.

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong
Porkchop looks great

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I miss mini challenges.
I cannot believe nobody mentioned Detox's wig coming off in the acting scene, I thought for sure that would get pointed out by someone.
I really appreciate how Alyssa is doing the elimination thing, it's what I've wanted the latter half of every season to be like. Do kinda bad in one challenge, but loving slay the rest? You get to stay over the person who's worn the same thing on the runway in a different color every week and hit the bottom twice. Yes I'm still bitter about DeLa.

Does Todrick even have a personality?

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

curiousTerminal posted:

I miss mini challenges.

This. Plus they've crammed all the untucked content into the main show this season so the episodes move at a breakneck pace. And it's not even the fun untucked content. Everyone is good, but it all feels very perfunctory.

garthoneeye posted:

It may have been because I was impressed by how much Phi Phi's lip syncing has improved, but I felt her take was a better fit to the song and she sold the illusion of actually singing for me.

Alaska's lip synch was really good, so ultimately I'm not too upset, I just thought Phi Phi's was better. :shrug:

Phi Phi gave a flawless performance of the song that any queen would love to deliver; but Alaska gave a performance only she could deliver. So while Phi Phi's lip sync was better (in a technical sense, at least), Alaska was more true to her legacy.

Speaking of, the song choices have been much stronger this season.

What is Todrick's appeal? Just in general? I tried watching some of his videos, and they all feel like MAD-tv sketches.

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 16, 2016

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Mouse Dresser posted:

That was a pretty fantastic episode. Lil Poundcake is the greatest return to television!

I also absolutely loved the reveal of the eliminated queens behind the mirror. I was wondering when they were going to bring them back.

Agreed on all points.

:byodame: YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM AND YOU NEVER WILL BE :byodame:

(but the way they revealed the twist to the living contestants was seriously inspired)

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Oh god that reveal at the end was better than I could have possibly imagined. Very generous of Phi Phi to set it up like that.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Troposphere posted:

she's being so dramatic on twitter too oh my god girl stop

https://twitter.com/PhiPhiOhara/status/776637403226222592

Return of phical matter. He doesn't deserve anything.

Edit: wow, read more of the things he was posting. He is delusional and sad. Tough to have pity for someone with so little self-awareness.

curiousTerminal posted:

Do kinda bad in one challenge, but loving slay the rest? You get to stay over the person who's worn the same thing on the runway in a different color every week and hit the bottom twice.

Seriously. Roxy has no place on the show anymore. There is too much filler left.

the truth fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 16, 2016

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Trig Discipline posted:

Oh god that reveal at the end was better than I could have possibly imagined. Very generous of Phi Phi to set it up like that.

Alyssa's Secret is that her eyes can loving murder you. :allears:

curiousTerminal posted:

Does Todrick even have a personality?

He has enough of a personality that other people project what they want to see from him onto him automatically, letting their brains fill in the blank spots where he has helpfully not projected anything at all.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Combed Thunderclap posted:

She managed to dodge having to eliminate Alyssa by losing the lipsync, only to bash her and basically get the penalty without at least winning $10k. HOW

Alaska and Roxxxy have since revealed that this apparent rant was actually just responses to producer questions off-screen. :sigh:

Reality TV is some hosed up poo poo, y'all.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Maybe Todrick is there so that when Santino comes back, everyone is like oh thank god

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Alaska and Roxxxy have since revealed that this apparent rant was actually just responses to producer questions off-screen. :sigh:

Tangential but watch season 1 of UnReal and you'll never look at reality TV the same way again.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Even so, if you're going on television to rehabilitate your image, don't badmouth fan favorites on camera. Yes, the producers set her up, but there is a way to complain about people that doesn't make you come off as an rear end in a top hat and that's Phi Phi's biggest problem.

oliven
Jan 25, 2006

love all cats
Alaska as Lil Poundcake was so good. Shame about Alyssa though. I don't think she would have had what it takes to win the crown, but she's so much fun to have around :( RIGOR MORRIS, GIRL.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
and tbh I agree with Carson I could watch Alyssa be Alyssa all day I don't care if she's unpolished. same with Katya.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The biggest mistake Phi Phi made was coming back thinking they were going to give the show's greatest villain anything but the villain role.

The second worst mistake she made was Tweeting about it. Just loving laugh it off and people get bored. Nobody shits on Kennedy Davenport for kicking off Katya anymore, because she never bought into it.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

a gale force breath of fresh air sweeps the editing room, rearranging the show in ways unforseen.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
the producers keep putting these nasty words in my mouth I'm real nice honest!!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Troposphere posted:

the producers keep putting these nasty words in my mouth I'm real nice honest!!

Phi phi needs an editor for her life.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
she's just ~tellin it like it is~ like a true friend would

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
If I were invited back to a reality show and my main complaint was the editors making me look like the bad the first time, I would go out of my way to avoid giving them ammo the second time around. Just saying.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
Alaska as Baby Jane Hudson is all I've ever wanted out of this show. Plus bonus Lil Poundcake! :sparkles:

Grape Juice Vampire fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 16, 2016

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I'm not the hugest Phi Phi fan but, from Alaska + Roxxxy at Rosco's:

quote:

-when asked about phi phi's Edit, they BOTH supported phi phi. Alaska: phi phi's cool in real life, and they have a lot of fun together, but shady music makes anyone look evil (which she enjoys watching phi phi look evil on tv but it's not real life). Roxxxy: phi phi didn't just go in on Alyssa at the end of this episode, she was responding to questions that were asked of her that weren't aired.

Girl is dumb as gently caress and has no concept of how she comes across, but I think she is kind of a victim of the reality TV machine more than anything, like Laganga.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Someone tell me what the revenge twist is please. Can't watch until a week or two from now. Dying to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

Someone tell me what the revenge twist is please. Can't watch until a week or two from now. Dying to know.

When the queens went back into the workroom phiphi chatted about who she would have eliminated (Alyssa) and why. After all that shade, the eliminated queens were revealed to have been listening behind a double sided mirror (the one they'd all written their lipstick goodbye messages on).

• Locked thread