Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

The Lord of Hats posted:

a tribe argument

hark

:c: Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Pinterest Mom (5): dongsbot, Somber, TremTa, KFC, -Somber, Grandicap, Somber

Grandicap (1): Birdstrike
BottleKnight (1): chaoslord
Somberbrero (1): PMom

Tremendous Taste (0): dongsbot, -dongsbot
dongsbot 9000 (0): KFC, Max, -Max, PMom, TremTa, -PMom, -TremTa, -KFC

:h: 15 / 8
:d: Deadline Monday, September 19th, ~11PM EDT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kickstart the game and lynch scum

Death to pmom

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Uggggggh can't the world pause when I get sick uggggggggh.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##unvote

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good morning all

i'm p dumb i seriously can't tell dongsbots joke posts from his serious posts.

##vote taste always a good idea

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Atomic Soda posted:

good morning all

i'm p dumb i seriously can't tell dongsbots joke posts from his serious posts.

##vote taste always a good idea

hm trash

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

reminder for page 8 9 10 that somber is scum

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

thsi guys scum

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i believe in dongsbot

##unvote

##vote somberbrero

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I believe I am going to sleep on all of this.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Atomic Soda posted:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i believe in dongsbot

##unvote

##vote somberbrero

:same:
##vote somber

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

[quote="Atomic Soda" post="464311435"]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i believe in dongsbot

##unvote

##vote somberbrero

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I am the victim of a vast and organized conspiracy.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Louis CK has gotten super dark and his jokes about racism aren't managing to stay as not racist as they used to. Imma re-read when nor on my phone but if people are still voting somber cause they didn't get his joke that is really really dumb and bad.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A good reason to vote Somber, imo, is that he doubled down on his vote for me despite clearly not believing I'm scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I do now very much believe that you are scum, I thought through it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You're scum though so maybe he's just a useful idiot

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

I do now very much believe that you are scum, I thought through it.

Hmm hmm

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i think youre both scum

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

If that were true presumably there'd be a third dunk target on the list with votes against them.

Unless our scumbuds are, like, Keane and Chic.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i doubt it dongs it's probably an either/or with pmom and somber.

unless you mean somber and taste.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Idk what a case for myself means? I'm town and it's obvious and the votes on me are really bad, especially Somber, who doesn't seem to actually believe I'm scum, and KFC's, who very pointedly engaged in disingenuous questioning while voting me.

I phrased it dramatically cause that's what you do in this game, and yeah, I have an opinion about you --- So I'm sorry if you felt unduly antagonized in a game of mafia, but I would in fact welcome a serious answer.

Here's your explanation on your vote for somber

Pinterest Mom posted:

Seriously tho,

Somber is responding to an obvious fakeclaim by dongs w a hedgy post indicating that he like 70% believes it and regrets having to vote me, and asking me to explain. That's 100% scum Somber.

And I'm asking, Really? This is what you're going with?

First, as basically everyone else here has said, him voting you was a joke/continuation of dongs' joke because there's no way that his post was serious.

I read his request for an explanation as you know, "Jou got some splainin to do."

(pretend it says Pmom instead of Lucy)

Second, like, where are you getting this 70% thing? If you want to expand on how you got to your read, you had the opportunity to do so. Instead you decided against that and started dissing me too. It's a scummy freakout.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

wait when did i tell a joke

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'll bet my bottom dollar that pmom is scum

He's prone to flights of emotion that short circuit his posting cortex

This post is hilarious, but relies on meta alone. Meta cases on D1 = scum cases. ##vote tremendous taste

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Atomic Soda posted:

i doubt it dongs it's probably an either/or with pmom and somber.

unless you mean somber and taste.

This man has already solved the game! Queue slowclap D1.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
dongsbot, for a brighter tomorrow!

i'm keeping a diary during these proceedings to keep track of the various factions. beware tldr. i have broken this post up, but have written it while reading through the thread.

one day i'll stop doing this i promise.

ignoring pages 1 to 5

pg 6 mostly joke phase. max asks dongs his alignment, votes then unvotes him based on his reaction. more joke votes with loh and bk.

pg 7 - summary
continue chat, somber and kord come in. somber calls end to joke phase, is suss of bk and loh, doesn't mention dongs. loh don't like his post.
pmom votes dongs. taste also votes dongs on a so called scum slip. dongs votes pmom. max doesn't think that dongs has scum slipped. loh isn't sure.

chaos votes bk (looks like joke stage here to me.)
pmom then says (i think) that dongs coming into the game voting taste is a scum tell.

dongs "fullclaim". pmom is scum lol. somber says loh is being whishy whashy then votes pmom with a "joke" post when he sees dongs post. loh town reads dongs.
pintrest mom votes somber. taste votes pmom based on his somber vote.

chaos points out all 4 different parties could be town so dongs did not scum slip. dongs says we close to mislyching pmom and he'll nk taste.
pmom's arguments for somber vote are that his joke post was hedgy. taste says he is clearly joking.

pg 7 - conclusion.
i agree that dongs reaction to being asked his party by max was not a scum slip. i'm reading it as null to town atm, keeping in mind his other posts have seemed townish to me. if i turn out wrong and dongs is scum, i'd take another look at loh but not a hard one.

taste and somber are acting like a faction.

pmom's arguments that somber is scum are not very strong, but don't his point about sombers joke vote. i've been keeping in mind that somber was the one to call an end to 'joke phase', without even commenting on the dongs/max posts, and then makes that joke post.

to be continued! (sorry about this)

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
really sorry guys i can't tell you how much oh god hope this helps even a little

ahem.

pg 8 - summary
somber says he was joking about his pmom vote, pmom disagrees or forehead slaps or one of those. posting continues with jokey bullshit about how all parties and politicians are the same because the youth of today don't understand history and have a level of disinterested cynicism that saddens me to my very core.

chaos is obv a gull, gulls are p cool but not as awesome as lions.

also,

Pinterest Mom posted:

how can an opposition party shut down government in a parliamentary system

check out the australian constitutional crisis of 1975

my dear buddy kfc likes sombers posts about loh and thinks pmom is scum for his reaction to somber. loh doesn't agree. taste says obv its a joke again, loh agrees but says its still scummy.

somber unvotes and is suss of loh. grandi votes pmom.

pg 8 - conclusion

still weighing up somber and pmom. listening to my bud kfc but i kinda agree with loh about sombers post being very pointy for pmom. thinking taste is v close to somber, loh is close to pmom.

one more i promise

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i promise only to post like this on long weekends and/or when i feel like it

p 9 - summary

somber says that we going to a lynch too fast, that pmom isn't scum and has been scum hunting. taste reckons pmom is emotional scum. this post pings me.

somber then changes his mind a few posts later and says pmom is scum for refusing to engage. got confused about tastes orders in the scum doc somber?

loh makes a kind of scummy post to pmom to case more. i agree that if pmom is scum that loh should be looked at.

bird votes dongs but i can't tell if he's joking or not. taste points out loh's scummish post and loh defends 'but if i were scum i wouldn't...' taste not advocating chain lynch (i also feel loh is acting scummy).

p 9 - conclusion

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i am advocating chain lynch ill lynch whoever pmom wants to lynch d1 and if its wrong we should lynch pmom d2 :twisted:

replace 'whoever pmom wants' with 'taste or somber' and i am currently on board.

p 10 - summary

get better soon keane! taste cheering a pmom lynch. chaos unvotes.

i cunningly post a vote for taste. surprise! somber on the defense with the trash talk. pmom vindicated, dongs is swayed and i vote somber, as does bird.
max will be back later.

kfc posts in his defense. tbh kfc if we're wrong on somber then pmom will be ducking nooses but i think the tells point more strongly to a somber/taste atm.

pg10 - conclusion

i think there is more than just the 'joke post' that points to somber as scum, and i'm also very suss of taste. i am much more happy to vote somber than pmom today. either flip would tell us alot.

questions
who does chaos think is scum? who does chic think is scum? who does bk think is scum? who have i forgotten about? have i missed anything? what am i doing with my life?

also ty kord we should remain ever vigilent tho also i'm :j:

also i've had maybe one good read in my entire mafia career, so pls keep that in mind.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Would not vote atomic soda at this point. Reasoning well thought out and did not misrepresent posts to create a narrative.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

AS I will come back later and read all that but right now that is just way too much text which is mostly just restating things that happened.

Could you give me like your top 3 takeaways/questions from that reading?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
fair enough chaos

i think a somber or pmom lynch is the best way forward today, and would prefer to lynch somber.

i think the interactions across the last few pages point to somber as scum, and i'm also suss on taste. i lay out the trail of posts i find suss above.

who do you think is scum?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

waow

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

While still sick I am well enough to defeat my foes using my stirring rhetoric.

Who's the scum?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
also prolly just read conclusions, the summary is my evidence trail mostly

hello dongsbot don't hate me i can't help it.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i do the opposite of hate it

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

also prolly just read conclusions, the summary is my evidence trail mostly

hello dongsbot don't hate me i can't help it.

Can I hate you? Hate is my favorite emotion.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

thats the most words ive ever seen an australian type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

Can I hate you? Hate is my favorite emotion.

if it will make you feel better i'll allow it

• Locked thread