Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

jackyl posted:

if u gotta meet a person in the Internet for a relationship it probably doesn't matter if u like cats or dogs but cats still own

u have socially induced Malcolm Gladwell's Social Aspergers if u have to meet internet only people for relationships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

personable decorum posted:

u have socially induced Malcolm Gladwell's Social Aspergers if u have to meet internet only people for relationships

idk what that means but yeah spergin people are the Internet date people

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
more importantly cats are better than dogs

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
can i have a cat but not be 'into' cats.

Like im not dressing mine up or taking him for leash walks. Hes basically a friendly houseplant.

I'm pretty sure my cat has gotten me laid several times. The cuteness makes the girls less nervous after ive lured them to the apartment.

naem
May 29, 2011

notZaar posted:

That squirrel looks mad.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
a rabid weasel is a Garrett, and it's just cowardly to quit and not back up your poo poo talk

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

jackyl posted:

more importantly cats are better than dogs

You're really carpet truth bombing in this thread.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
dogs love us, cats live with us b/c we give them food. take that as you will

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

Dogs were bred specifically to love us. Dogs that didnt take to humans were usually drowned. The "love" is hardwired into their brain and only systematic extreme amounts of torture from bad owners can break it. Its shallow and meaningless, like having a broken little gimp following you around.

Cats and humans came together for a mutually beneficial exchange and love and companionship arises from that. I wouldnt want a person to blindly love me. Id want a person to realize we make eachother happy for our personalities (or huge tits) and the love come from there.

Cigstomper58 fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Sep 16, 2016

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Dyna Soar posted:

My cat likes me a whole lot because I treat it well

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Cigstomper58 posted:

Dogs were bred specifically to love us. Dogs that didnt take to humans were usually drowned. The "love" is hardwired into their brain and only systematic extreme amounts of torture from bad owners can break it.

this is really only half the truth b/c the first dogs were wolves who benefited greatly from living with humans. they love us because we've bred the individuals who tolerated humans the most true, but it's unclear which species too the first step.

dogs are the second most widespread and well, succesful animal on this planet.

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

Dyna Soar posted:

this is really only half the truth b/c the first dogs were wolves who benefited greatly from living with humans. they love us because we've bred the individuals who tolerated humans the most true, but it's unclear which species too the first step.

dogs are the second most widespread and well, succesful animal on this planet.

There are more dogs than birds?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

So what animal is that? A pallas cat?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

The Biscuit posted:

There are more dogs than birds?

do you have more fingers than brain cells

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Sep 16, 2016

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

notZaar posted:

So what animal is that? A pallas cat?

thats a fossa. it's not a cat it's related to mongooses.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Dyna Soar posted:

Neat, it sure as hell looks like a cat. I'm going to honor it with a "better than dogs as well" with the benefit of the doubt.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Dyna Soar posted:

Why do they look so cat like? Convergent evolution I'm guessing? The Wiki says they've been isolated in Madagascar for 20 million years.

I swear it look like the first successful genetically engineered combination of a cat and a dog.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Maldoror posted:

Why do they look so cat like? Convergent evolution I'm guessing? The Wiki says they've been isolated in Madagascar for 20 million years.

I swear it look like the first successful genetically engineered combination of a cat and a dog.

?

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Cats are designed by God to be the ultimate killing machine but he hosed up and made them 5 pounds in weight and covered them in fuzzy fur.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

jackyl posted:

if u gotta meet a person in the Internet for a relationship it probably doesn't matter if u like cats or dogs but cats still own

gonna guess you're old and therefore irrelevant

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Ronnie posted:

Cats are designed by God to be the ultimate killing machine but he hosed up and made them 5 pounds in weight and covered them in fuzzy fur.

Livestock is gonna be pissed at you for stealing his Twitter material

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Maldoror posted:

yeah, convergent evolution.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
ferrets are weird

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Dogs are loving awesome and if you really think about it we don't even deserve their companionship because they are so cool.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

coke nose

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
What's the lowdown on capybaras though? It's like a giant rat dog that only eats vegetables and likes to swim.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

What's the lowdown on capybaras though? It's like a giant rat dog that only eats vegetables and likes to swim.

they're cool but totally not pets. leave the capybaras alone

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Dogs are loving awesome and if you really think about it we don't even deserve their companionship because they are so cool.

Lmao if you actually believe this kind of faggy spineless sentiment.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

They're giant south American rodents related to guinea pigs and basically everything eats them down there. You can technically keep them as pets but they are social and swim a lot so you need a running water source (they poo poo in the water) and a bunch of them so only exotic animal breeders keep them.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

Seriously.

I wouldn't go out of my way to run over a dog (I'm not a monster). But fuckin lol if you think I'm stopping or even slightly inconveniencing myself for a loving dumbass dog.

Cigstomper58 fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 16, 2016

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

Dogs are cool, unlike you, nerd.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Dogs are cool, unlike you, nerd.

Dogs are animal slave companion and they should be thanking their lucky dog stars every day they aren't dying of mange in some tundra, they owe their masters everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

If you give me the option of either saving a dog or saving a human from a house on fire I'm going to save the dog every time, because all humans are terrible people who deserve to burn as evidenced by this thread

• Locked thread