Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Man if you're complaining about the WHM start-up time, you must be listening to some indie-rear end stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Hey, those near 15 seconds can make or break a person's day.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
An entire generation is unfamiliar with the concept of fast-forwarding, having never owned a boombox. RIPD, 20th century.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
Nothing is worse than the How Did This Get Made theme.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ghost emoji posted:

The best is we hate movies spooktacular

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

enigmahfc posted:

Hey, those near 15 seconds can make or break a person's day.

It's more like eight minutes a lot of the time. That's longer than a TV commercial break. It's not exactly arduous to hit the skip ahead button on my podcast app, but there's definitely room for improvement there. That said, I do appreciate that they don't do mid-episode commercial breaks, which would be harder to skip.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

bobkatt013 posted:

That theme is 90% of why I get hyped for the spooktacular

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ghost emoji posted:

How do they manage to make it worse when they get new ones?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The remixed one was fun once, but by god does it grate for repeat listens. Kind of like the entire show.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

bobkatt013 posted:

Love it.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

duz posted:

How do they manage to make it worse when they get new ones?
It's easy, just keep huffing your own farts and everything seems awesome always.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

It's more like eight minutes a lot of the time. That's longer than a TV commercial break. It's not exactly arduous to hit the skip ahead button on my podcast app, but there's definitely room for improvement there. That said, I do appreciate that they don't do mid-episode commercial breaks, which would be harder to skip.

I was referring to just the them song itself. I actually enjoy their banter/pitches beforehand because it (mostly) feels like they are loving around.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
The spooktecular theme is really fantastic.

But, for the latest episode, what is this "prmocode movies" business, though? It's supposed to be promocode HATE! In your own words, you can keep it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
They use hate for stuff you can tell they don't like to advertise for

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Calaveron posted:

#notmypromocode :colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Plus last years they killed it with the episodes.
The trickster and Jeremy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm really not sure why I ever liked How Did This Get Made. The theme song is the worst but the whole show is amateur hour and probably I just liked hearing Raffi curse.

I'm actually getting really sick of the WHM theme song. Not because it's bad, it's an OK beginning to a post-rock song, but since the band that did it are friends of the guys, why not get them to do another theme?

I guess maybe most people prefer things to stay the same and people who get sick of theme songs are weirdos?

yeah yeah!

OurIntrepidHero
Nov 5, 2011

Calaveron posted:

This is my favorite WHM fan theory.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

PUTTHEFUCKINGLOTIONINTHEBASKET

Love it. Such an awesome theme. I'm not big on scary movies but I love hearing them talk about it.

Relistened to the Casper episode today. Such a good time, all the boys are present.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

precision posted:

I'm really not sure why I ever liked How Did This Get Made. The theme song is the worst but the whole show is amateur hour and probably I just liked hearing Raffi curse.

Me too. I definitely did love it a year or two ago, but it just got worse and worse. It's almost all live episodes now, which means terrible audio quality and constant pandering to the crowd, and once they all settled into gimmicks it just meant they'd make the same joke over and over again. Mantzoukas is an obnoxious pervert, June has a head injury, and Scheer is a human :psyduck:. The Fast & Furious episodes were my favorite, but about five minutes into the 7th one June tries to pretend she doesn't remember having seen any of the others, and I was just done. A bad movie podcast doesn't work if you act like you're too good for the movies.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

TheDon01 posted:

What's your guys favorite episodes? The Ms Doubtfire episode is what got me hooked, and the rerun of silver bullet reminded me of one of my favorite lines

"Cripple this, cripple that, up on cripple creek"

All time fav is Halloween 3. Battle for Endor is amazing, and The Good Son is fantastic for the ice cold surge.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

TheDon01 posted:

What's your guys favorite episodes? The Ms Doubtfire episode is what got me hooked, and the rerun of silver bullet reminded me of one of my favorite lines

"Cripple this, cripple that, up on cripple creek"

I'll just repost what I put when this was last brought up.

thrawn527 posted:

5. The Lost World: Jurassic Park - Their bits about the punishments Hammond deserves are amazing.
4. Mr. Destiny - Really any Jim Belushi episode, but this is my favorite.
3. The Substitute - ohmygodimgonnakillhim ohmygodimgonnakillhim ohmygodimgonnakillhim ohmygodimgonnakillhim
2. Blame it on Rio - So disturbing.
1. Hard Target - Peak Wilford Brimley impressions. All around great episode.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

thrawn527 posted:

I'll just repost what I put when this was last brought up.

I like your list and will add these:

Babycakes is like a light version of Blame it on Rio where they just viscerally HATE the characters in a movie.

Gymkata has the bit with the ninjas who goof off all the time because everybody gets killed before reaching their stage in the game of death, which I irrationally love.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Three Men and a Baby has the saga of the morally-conflicted doorman. "Are they really your best friends, Joe? Boy I gotta get a life outside of doormanning."

The Pallbearer has Cloudy, David Schwimmer's personal raincloud who hates him.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's hard to say how much of this is just because it's recent, but Con Air is probably a top 5.

Off the top of my head, the ones that really stick out (other than the ones everyone has already mentioned):

Entourage
The Net
Bordello of Blood
The Adventures of Ford Fairlane
Taking Care of Business
Abraxas
Cyber Seduction
Weekend at Bernie's/Weekend at Bernie's 2
Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Three Men and a Baby has the saga of the morally-conflicted doorman. "Are they really your best friends, Joe? Boy I gotta get a life outside of doormanning."

The Pallbearer has Cloudy, David Schwimmer's personal raincloud who hates him.

Haha yes! Those are awesome. Also Any Which Way But Loose, his blood was boiling!

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

My favorite running character other than the ones mentioned is Pippi Longstocking's Horse "EAT FISH YOU BITCH!"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

A Meat posted:

My favorite running character other than the ones mentioned is Pippi Longstocking's Horse "EAT FISH YOU BITCH!"

Second unit director Longstocking

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Brainscan is top 5 easy.
I like Glass House too.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

sean10mm posted:

Gymkata has the bit with the ninjas who goof off all the time because everybody gets killed before reaching their stage in the game of death, which I irrationally love.

Every White Guy Karate Movie is great. China O'Brien, Best of the Best 2, The Karate Kid, Part III, Only the Strong...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

GoutPatrol posted:

Every White Guy Karate Movie is great. China O'Brien, Best of the Best 2, The Karate Kid, Part III, Only the Strong...

Fat Ghost!!!

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

A Meat posted:

I TOLD YOU SHE'S TRYING TO KILL THOSE KIDS. You'll get the chair Longstocking, THE CHAIR.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Louie Anderson won an Emmy for his invention, catdogs.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Catdogs

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, this is a good addition, and is when I started to notice (when going through their back catalog) how much better this podcast is than How Did This Get Made? They both did an episode on Gymkata, and the bit you mention about the ninjas goofing off was the funniest thing in either episode, by a mile. It was a great episode, and listening to the HDTGM episode after it was super disappointing.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I miss when the themes were just something tangentially related to the movie they were watching.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
The Ford Fairlane bit about how to torture and kill a koala was tremendous

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
New episode was pretty good but I was disappointed there was no "here come her boobers" call back with all the buber talk.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Set tyrant Christopher Lloyd might be one of my favorite tangents ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violator
May 15, 2003

I love the theme song and that opening riff in a new episode is one of my favorite parts of the week. :kiddo:

More favorites:
Dick beer in Larry the Cable Guy Health Inspector
Gary Busey's "Piss on motorcycle safety! Piss on my nephew!" in Silver Bullet
Wilford Brimley talking about an asian in Hard Target: "He's a WHHAAAATTTTT?!"
Mario going to Wrastlemania in Marios Bros
Debating dog wrestling logistics in Russell Madness
Sabotage, basically everything. "Grinder! Neck! And Lizzy! Sorry Lizzy, we ran out of cool nicknames!"
Roy: The Movie in Friday the 13th 5

Edit: I think Dick Beer is the first time the show has ever come to a complete halt because of how funny and strange that bit was. "DICK. BEER? I'm not letting that one go!"