Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I never knew I wanted a video of Big Show running down the meta and class builds of Destiny, but here we are.

There's a part of me that's like... "Wait... did Xavier do this as a rib on his subscribers and script this for Show?" and then I look at his gigantic goofy grin and it has to be a shoot, because if it was fake, you'd hold the smile in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SomeMathGuy posted:

Christ almighty.

I guess now we know what happens when WWE films finally notices the relative success of garbage low-budget Christian films.

I would not at all be surprised if this ends up being their most financially successful film based on every Church group in the country eagerly buying it to be hip.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Gaz-L posted:

There's a part of me that's like... "Wait... did Xavier do this as a rib on his subscribers and script this for Show?" and then I look at his gigantic goofy grin and it has to be a shoot, because if it was fake, you'd hold the smile in.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think I'm just thrown because Jericho and Goldust are around the same age and have NO clue about video games. Like, Rollins or Miz being dorks about Madden and EA UFC, I get, and Rollins' appearances on UUDD have done almost more for me seeing him as a babyface than that WWE 24 documentary, but Show being super-into an MMO shooter? It's awesome, but very unexpected.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
quoting for new page

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Gaz-L posted:

During Raw one night Big show was DMing some random guy on twitter who had asked for destiny build tips or whatever, when he apologised because he had to go do something. The something was his match that night. Within like 3 minutes of the match ending he was back to DMing the guy with even more advice.

The guy is legit.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pretty happy that I just saw the entire movie in one sitting.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmg8plK8SvE

Its good to see Alberto fired up again :unsmith:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I love the Big Show. I remember going apeshit when he showed up on Figure It Out. Amanda Bynes was mean to him and I did not like it

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Brett Dalton rocking two messiah roles in a year. For the record, Grant Ward would probably kick Jesus' rear end.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

aj styles is a giant nerd and John cena apparently was a command and conquer grognard so tbh nothing will really surprise me anymore

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Big Show loves to vape and make Destiny YouTubes. Put him with Swagger on Team Enormous Teen

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ostentatious posted:

aj styles is a giant nerd and John cena apparently was a command and conquer grognard so tbh nothing will really surprise me anymore

hell yeah Cena rules

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I want to beat Cena at RA2 so bad.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

John Cena can't play videogames because his hands are too big. :smith:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Abroham Lincoln posted:

John Cena can't play videogames because his hands are too big. :smith:

Nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9tsmQoj7Kc

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Edge & Christian posted:

Not that it makes it any better, but it was filmed a few days before the London Bombings and then aired the day after, I think? But if we're convinced having a Sikh portray a Sikh the day after the anniversary of 9/11 is some sort of coded message, the fact that it was a different terrorist attack and was before the terrorist attack hardly matters.

When you look at the timeline of events there was no reason they couldn't cut that segment. Like, there's no godly reason. Smackdown was recorded on Tuesday at the time. The 7/7 attacks happened on a Thursday morning and aired in the UK on Friday night. There was a disclaimer at the start of episode but if they thought the cable companies or advertisers were going to be fine with the idea of Taker getting piano choked by extremists after a terrorist attack then they're B+ morons. Problem is I genuinely think that they thought it would fly under the radar since it didn't happen in the US and it pisses me off thinking about it because Muhammed Hassan started out as a great prospect and the most interesting heel characters in years at the time.

Gavok posted:

For anyone going to New York Comic Con next month, BOOM! Studios is doing a panel on their upcoming WWE comics. For some godforsaken reason they're okay with the idea of me moderating the panel. So come by and ask questions about WWF Krozor.

But for real, I'm so psyched for this gig.

Man that's awesome! Congrats dude. :)

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Big Show has custom order giant furniture for everything in his house, though. It's part of his contract.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

so uhhh, good news, gran metalik might not have to worry about finishing his dates in mexico

Slowpoke
Jul 7, 2007

Also, someone drew a sweet Slowpoke that I wanted to buy for an av but lost the image. I think the thread was people drawing Pokemon? I guess? I don't know. If someone could help find it I would love to buy it. Thanks.

Best comedy of 2016!

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

oatgan posted:

so uhhh, good news, gran metalik might not have to worry about finishing his dates in mexico

Can't believe Gran Metalik is fuckin dead

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

WadeBartender posted:

Can't believe Gran Metalik is fuckin dead

either he no-showed CMLL tonight or they pulled him with zero announcement at the last minute

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

According to some Spanish website from 2 hours ago Metallik is scheduled to appear on RAW "esta lunes" which, for those of you who don't habla espanol, is Spanish for "on the Moon"

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

oatgan posted:

either he no-showed CMLL tonight or they pulled him with zero announcement at the last minute

eithers pretty possible but considering he did just work two pretty intensive matches on wednesday he could be pretty banged up (unless he's worked since then in which case I dont loving know)

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

So that wouldn't have been an issue with him winning the CWC to begin with, excellent

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
TJ versus Metalik on RAW. Licking my lips.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

So that wouldn't have been an issue with him winning the CWC to begin with, excellent

its difficult to say when this decision was made but there are other advantages to tjp winning i.e. a handsome boy who speaks english

WadeBartender posted:

eithers pretty possible but considering he did just work two pretty intensive matches on wednesday he could be pretty banged up (unless he's worked since then in which case I dont loving know)
he's a luchador they work the most dates with the most injuries of anyone i dont think that's why he was not there tonight

-edit-

from the observer last year

oatgan fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 17, 2016

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

its difficult to say when this decision was made but there are other advantages to tjp winning i.e. a handsome boy who speaks english

lol at the idea that they're going to care enough about the cruisers to give them promo time

I'm sure it makes logistical sense for them, just let me be salty about a redpill dipshit being rewarded

Alain Post posted:

TJ versus Metalik on RAW. Licking my lips.

I thought you only liked wrestlers that do lovely-looking strikes and nothing else

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Triple H hates mexicans

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like wrestlers who rise above hate (smark racism)

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Clearly racism is a serious problem for TJ Perkins

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/776935509234950144

https://twitter.com/Castlevania86/status/776933443976527873

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

:getin:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Becky Lynch at a Summerslam Q&A said Emma was cleared. But I thought she mispoke.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Emma should have a cop on the take character to go with those shades, like Joey Ryan in LU or that cowgirl chick from the Rumble Roses video game (shut up) when she turned heel.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Becky Lynch at a Summerslam Q&A said Emma was cleared. But I thought she mispoke.

PWInsider said something a day or two ago about her being out on the road this weekend. I figured she'd stay on Raw but because of the injury she wasn't drafted so it was up in the air. Good to see her back

Hopefully Harper goes to Raw and is thus far the gently caress away from Bray bringing him down

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider said something a day or two ago about her being out on the road this weekend. I figured she'd stay on Raw but because of the injury she wasn't drafted so it was up in the air. Good to see her back

Hopefully Harper goes to Raw and is thus far the gently caress away from Bray bringing him down

I too hope no-one goes to Smackdown, thus leaving AJ Styles to wrestle Dean Ambrose and the Miz for 90 minutes every Tuesday, following the weekly 30 minute Iron Woman match between Becky and Nikki.

EDIT: Oh, WWE.com just posted the confirmed list of cruisers for RAM this Monday. It's TJP, Metalik, TBK, Cedric, Noam Dar, Swann and Lince Dorado. Notably no Tozawa or Gallagher, and I'm all for the local lad done good, but Noam Dar on Raw before Tozawa either means Tozawa didn't sign or WWE have no loving clue.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 17, 2016

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUN already confirmed Carper is swimming to SmackDown.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

I too hope no-one goes to Smackdown, thus leaving AJ Styles to wrestle Dean Ambrose and the Miz for 90 minutes every Tuesday, following the weekly 30 minute Iron Woman match between Becky and Nikki.

EDIT: Oh, WWE.com just posted the confirmed list of cruisers for RAM this Monday. It's TJP, Metalik, TBK, Cedric, Noam Dar, Swann and Lince Dorado. Notably no Tozawa or Gallagher, and I'm all for the local lad done good, but Noam Dar on Raw before Tozawa either means Tozawa didn't sign or WWE have no loving clue.

A tangible part of SmackDown's charm is how it's making do with a nothing roster while Raw flounders with a stacked roster due to bad pacing and booking. I would however prefer that charm to be replaced with the charm of lots of great wrestlers being in lots of great storylines. I imagine they're basically the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Gaz-L posted:

It means Tozawa still has a match for dragon's gate and gallagher has a date or two left for progress

• Locked thread