Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Pomp posted:

what is bloodline champions then :smuggo:

Top-down Quake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Arzachel posted:

I kind of like how KoF 14 has implemented autocombos, they do ok-ish damage and are unsafe on block instead of being just noob traps. Lets you get some baseline damage in without having to practice bnbs for 3 characters before playing.

they did the same thing in persona, a game you shouldnt play

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Persona autocombos did more. They built a lot of meter so they were actually a part of standard meterless confirms, you could generally just do them whenever and do other stuff after them so you could just throw them in the middle of a combo to build extra meter while doing a decent meterless ender. The first two hits were generally safe/plus and could gatling into other things.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

General Morden posted:

rising thunder is the future of fight game

I really do believe this, I think it's gonna be massively popular and will inspire waves of imitators. I'm no investor or anything though I just assume billions will buy any poo poo with league of legends in it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

they did the same thing in persona, a game you shouldnt play

The persona FGs are cool

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
You know a great game with auto combo?

It's UNIEL

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Arzachel posted:

Arena Brawler.

Related: play Battlerite you fucks

I kind of like how KoF 14 has implemented autocombos, they do ok-ish damage and are unsafe on block instead of being just noob traps. Lets you get some baseline damage in without having to practice bnbs for 3 characters before playing.

they are absolutely noob traps

also battlerite owns

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I tried Battlerite and the slow movement and the delay / confirmation on using abilities, plus the general shift towards targeted AoE circles instead of projectiles, made it feel really bad and not at all like the spiritual sequel to Bloodline Champions I was hoping for.

I mean I didn't play it for long (because I was so disappointed) and I didn't try every class, so I'll probably give it another shot eventually (and see if any of this changes due to feedback) but I went from hype to disinterested on that game incredibly fast.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

benimaru and choi's autocombos are their optimal meterless combos

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Smoking Crow posted:

benimaru and choi's autocombos are their optimal meterless combos

That makes sense for Choi

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Smoking Crow posted:

look forward to samurai shodown 7 (it will have super meter, but still)

I hope neo_g grants my wish, and speaking of which the fightcade tourney guy should just make samsho5 next week's game

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Pomp posted:

man that's a bad picture

It's a great picture for a probie

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I was thinking back of the Art of Fighting series earlier today, just a nostalgia thing. They weren't that great back then I imagine now feel worse. You guys should probably play AOF3 instead of SVC:C, though. Can't be worse.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Come back when you grow up!

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Can anybody explain the situation with getting a modern PS3 or 360 Arcade Stick to play on a Dreamcast lag-free?

We are all old MvC2 heads in Philly, we turned 30 and finally can afford to not play on the PS3 version with it's minor flaws.

I know where to get an old DC (EBay), I know I need a nice CRT, but what's up with the sticks?

Is there a cheap lag-free adapter for PS3 or XBOX360 TE Sticks -> DreamCast?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Poll for next week's "Punch the Ballot" is up.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
The second Persona 4 fighting game is a good game, but unfortunately the patch that makes it into one never came to consoles, so the good version of it is arcade only.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
that version still have 1-9 matchups for kanji so it' still bad

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Saoshyant posted:

I was thinking back of the Art of Fighting series earlier today, just a nostalgia thing. They weren't that great back then I imagine now feel worse. You guys should probably play AOF3 instead of SVC:C, though. Can't be worse.

I would join this schmuckfest for some Real Bout ringouts.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
gently caress off whoever keeps using a program to vote many times for SVC Chaos.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

gently caress off whoever keeps using a program to vote many times for SVC Chaos.

The game is all but disqualified. It went from 0 to 13 votes in under a minute. I wouldn't worry.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

The game is all but disqualified. It went from 0 to 13 votes in under a minute. I wouldn't worry.

??? its because the game is such a treat and everyone would love to play it 2 weeks in a row

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
The people have spoken and clearly and overwhelmingly want to play SvC: Chaos again and yet we have these baseless claims of voter fraud.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Elephunk posted:

Can anybody explain the situation with getting a modern PS3 or 360 Arcade Stick to play on a Dreamcast lag-free?

We are all old MvC2 heads in Philly, we turned 30 and finally can afford to not play on the PS3 version with it's minor flaws.

I know where to get an old DC (EBay), I know I need a nice CRT, but what's up with the sticks?

Is there a cheap lag-free adapter for PS3 or XBOX360 TE Sticks -> DreamCast?

ps360+ PCB has dreamcast support

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
studies have extensively shown that voter fraud is a myth perpetuated by racism

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

do 3s I have the week off and can play at stupid o clock at night with a super laggy connection it'll be dope i haven't played in months

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m108nCRqxQc

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh hey I was wondering why all my dudes kept posting this:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd probably play Black Knight tbh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my favorite part is that they have to pause and quit out to the menu at the end of every 'round'

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

what the gently caress is going on

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The fact that Shrek Super Slam has a dedicated community is one of the things that makes the FGC a beautiful place.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

what the gently caress is going on

this is one of those things that started ironically and then became just real.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
EVO 2017 with Ehrgeiz, Shrek Super Slam, Catherine and YoCo on the main stage. Please make it happen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shrek super slam rounds seem shorter than melee rounds, so im down.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i'm glad that BB Hood is still getting work despite her exclusion from Marvel 3

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So is the game like any good?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

there are no good games

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

punk rebel ecks posted:

So is the game like any good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChEj9m1kwsw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it's not the worst fighting game discussed in this thread, if that's the question you're asking