Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hot sauce is Good. Talk about hot sauce ITT I guess.

Tabasco is my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I've got some hot sauce you can swallow.

It's around 98.6 degrees.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

It's my blood.

This is the vampire fetish thread right?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bert Roberge posted:

It's my blood.

This is the vampire fetish thread right?

no dude its a hot sauce thread

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Enfield posted:

no dude its a hot sauce thread

gently caress I must've taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Cholula is good stuff too

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
:agreed:

Hot sauce is good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Indian Army uses bhut jolokia peppers in pepper spray, presumably because so much of the population is inured to ordinary pepper spray from all the spicy curry they eat.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

The Indian Army uses bhut jolokia peppers in pepper spray, presumably because so much of the population is inured to ordinary pepper spray from all the spicy curry they eat.

You ever been sprayed with pepper spray?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bert Roberge posted:

You ever been sprayed with pepper spray?

Yep, though I wasn't one of the people getting sprayed I was near enough that I got some splashback from it.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i've never been pepper sprayed but i've been tear gassed and it sucks. i prefer sriracha

actually i've been using a local organ jalepeno hot sauce that is really good

my brother in law makes some hot sauce but he makes it too runny for my taste

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Yep, though I wasn't one of the people getting sprayed I was near enough that I got some splashback from it.

Yeah it sucks pretty bad.

Feels like sandpaper on your eyes + burning.

In a pinch you can use it as hot sauce though.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Blows poo poo like Cholula (which is still alright) out of the water.

This one is really good too, if you like pepper sauces.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I like el yucateco, specifically the brown kind and the orange kind. The red kind is too mild for a habanero sauce, the black kind just plain tastes bad, and though the green kind tastes ok, it has that incredibly unappetizing artificial martian-green coloring. I haven't tried their jalapeņo or chipotle sauces, but I don't generally like chipotle sauce anyway. So the XXXtra Hot and the Caribbean sauces are what you want.

Warning: el yucateco products are made with Mexican rock salt pulled from their befouled earth and are thus full of lead. Still tasty though.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I like el yucateco, specifically the brown kind and the orange kind. The red kind is too mild for a habanero sauce, the black kind just plain tastes bad, and though the green kind tastes ok, it has that incredibly unappetizing artificial martian-green coloring. I haven't tried their jalapeņo or chipotle sauces, but I don't generally like chipotle sauce anyway. So the XXXtra Hot and the Caribbean sauces are what you want.

Warning: el yucateco products are made with Mexican rock salt pulled from their befouled earth and are thus full of lead. Still tasty though.

I like the green sauce but I agree with everything else you said, including how chipotle sauces are usually distilled garbage.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Valencia extra hot is pretty good. Tabasco is good in drinks and anything that needs a vinegar kick though.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
Mezetta's Habenero. I like other hotter stuff but Mezetta's is the best all round, go to sauce. I can't even get it where I live so I just buy it in bulk from Amazon. I'm a hotsauce expert so I don't gently caress around.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I like the green sauce but I agree with everything else you said, including how chipotle sauces are usually distilled garbage.

It tastes fine, I just don't like my food to look like it's from Troll 2.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

local mexican restaurant makes their own and it's so fuckin good. put it in some salsa and pour on scrambled eggs.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I enjoy all kinds of hot sauces! Sometimes when I'm hungover I just want a mild, vinegary sauce to drizzle on my breakfast sammich. Sometimes when it's really cold out I want something to blast open my sinuses and make me sweat a bit!

There is room in my life for all kinds of different hot sauces.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Cholula and Frank's red hot Buffalo sauce is my jam.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I like hot sauces.
If Tabasco triggers you then it's time to reevaluate your life.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Tabasco is the best hot sauce for oysters, with no competition even coming close.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Cholula is too thin for my tastes. Tabasco is better across the board, imo

Cajohn's big kick and firehouse are interchangeable as my current go-to. Their Tiki Bar is also pretty good, but it's more of a dipping sauce than legit hot sauce.

Nando's Peri Peri, especially the garlic kind, are fuckin awesome, as well.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Shut the gently caress up child abandoner.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Shut the gently caress up child abandoner.

Huh?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sorry, I thought you were some other mook- guy and he gets easily riled up so I thought it was worth the risk for funny. Carry on.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I like sriracha sauce

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

El Yucatec's chipotle hot sauce is the only chipotle hot sauce you should gently caress with, it's pretty great.

The Mayan brown recipe is my favorite, though.

toxicitysquared
Nov 12, 2007

:jiggled:
Jiggled Again
:jiggled:
texas pete is the GOAT

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Recently picked up this

It's pretty good, but hot enough that your body needs some time to recover from consuming it. I like how the flavor is subtle and doesn't ruin the taste of what ever you put on it.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Melinda's Naga Jolokia is the best hot sauce (though ridiculously expensive to buy through the internet, and not easy to find otherwise.)

I went to a store of many hot sauces that had a tasting, and of their selection of hot sauces for jerks who like their hot sauce hot, this was the tastiest. Not the hottest, but flavorful.

Edit: ghost pepper high five with the poster above.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
louisiana crystal motherfuckers

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

the great deceiver posted:

louisiana crystal motherfuckers

poo poo is honestly really good.

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx
Just made a batch of habanero/apple and it is not bad.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tabasco is the best hot sauce for oysters, with no competition even coming close.

Crystal is also another vinegary, mild sauce that goes pretty drat good on seafood. I don't think they sell it outside of the deep south and gulf coast though.

Those ghost pepper sauces would tear my rear end a new one. The tolerance is like with alcohol, right? Just gotta keep working at it?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

inexplicably, a store that sells hot sauce and only hot sauce opened in the mall near where i live. i doubt its long for this world so i checked it out.

these first two were so good i went back and bought a couple backup bottles. seriously, these are the tits

this next motherfucker isnt a sauce but a powder: powdered ghost pepper. if youre not careful it will gently caress up your food, your body, and your neighborhood. its loving awesome if you add like a tiny dash to chili or spaghetti sauce or whatever

E. the store was having a taste of the hottest sauce that they had and this black dude took like a teaspoon dose of it and ran out of the store full tilt

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
You bought a hot sauce that came with a bolo tie. I don't even know what to say about that...

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

You bought a hot sauce that came with a bolo tie. I don't even know what to say about that...

ah, its super good. i dont care about the texian bolo. when you get into those crazy small batch hot sauces, some of them come in poo poo like hand grenade or dick shaped bottles. the hot sauce scene is like myrtle beach during bike week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i liked the unnamed red sauce that they have at this carniceria near me and is the hottest substance ive ever tasted. it's just straight up scalding going in and coming out (your butt hahaaha)

it makes my eyes water so much

• Locked thread