Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Alteisen posted:

I need a bigger suitcase.

This is only at 2-1 btw, I'm being stingy with my supplies.

That ammo though. I can't find poo poo for my handgun in terms of ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

widespread posted:

Do you even want a scope for your budget rifle? Or is the scope just... Not good.

It has a scope, I think the one you buy just gives you more zoom which is kinda pointless plus I tend to use it a lot in close quarters and pop off quick headshots, its a god send when plagas start popping up.

quote:

That ammo though. I can't find poo poo for my handgun in terms of ammo.

For some reason using the TMP is making handgun ammo drop very heavily for me, I took that screen just before El Gigante, now I'm sitting on a 126 handgun bullets, I'm pretty much out of space, if I get rid off my egg I can fit in 2 more ammo boxes in there or 2 nades.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Alteisen posted:

It has a scope, I think the one you buy just gives you more zoom which is kinda pointless plus I tend to use it a lot in close quarters and pop off quick headshots, its a god send when plagas start popping up.

Fair. Also gently caress, I should replay RE4 sometime. Do I play it on PS4 or just stick to PC since I got a PS4 (without the game) and the PC version of the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well, it depends a lot on which PC version you have....

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

widespread posted:

Fair. Also gently caress, I should replay RE4 sometime. Do I play it on PS4 or just stick to PC since I got a PS4 (without the game) and the PC version of the game.

The PS4 version is the exact same as the PC version provided you don't have the lovely old port without mouse aim.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
sorry if already posted but looks like item boxes and save rooms are back in 7. (probably a trick because we all know this survival horror game with limited weaponry set in a mansion isn't resident evil!) kinda hoping ink ribbons are back if only for the limp dick outage.

there is also a shotgun.

i think we'll get a magnum and maybe a grenade launcher but only for girls and a one shot rocket launcher during our helicopter escape as the plantation mansion explodes from a countdown.

this is apparently the music for the save room
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPr6Oq2x4PQ

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
If they are really going back to roots then we deserve another badass cast intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXutugd67DA

you all wish you were this young and cool.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BARRY BURTON

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

If they are really going back to roots then we deserve another badass cast intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXutugd67DA

you all wish you were this young and cool.

I turned that off as soon as I seen Chris with the cigarette.

It was just too much for my delicate north american sensibilities to handle.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Vikar Jerome posted:

this is apparently the music for the save room
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPr6Oq2x4PQ

You can't trick me this is Silent Hill music!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Vakal posted:

I turned that off as soon as I seen Chris with the cigarette.

It was just too much for my delicate north american sensibilities to handle.

Apologies, have the less badass censored version with different music instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhSTACbz9Cc

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

Apologies, have the less badass censored version with different music instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhSTACbz9Cc

Oh hell, not that loving OST again.
Sigh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Sigh...

That is the game soundtrack equivalent of kids bringing home recorders from music class. Dear god it was atrocious

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I'm just glad that DC DualShock wasn't my introduction to the series. When I finally got around to seeing what all the fuss was about (musically), I broke down in a laughing hysterical mess and had to stop playing once I heard Mansion Basement. Everything else in the OST up until that point had been bland and bad (with the exception of Plant 42 which probably remains the most confusingly chaotic bunch of keyboard mashing bullshit in any game ever), but that basement tune was just unbelievably horrible.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

there is also a shotgun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI-W5iDdtfs

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Sigh...

That ost actually has some pretty good music on it. I don't know what happened with that track though

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Sigh...

It sure made the shark attacks in the water more humorous.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

And the plot twist that is Wesker's Betrayal™, which makes the whole scene sound and play out like some sort of crap attempt at a detective thriller.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Alteisen posted:

For some reason using the TMP is making handgun ammo drop very heavily for me, I took that screen just before El Gigante, now I'm sitting on a 126 handgun bullets, I'm pretty much out of space, if I get rid off my egg I can fit in 2 more ammo boxes in there or 2 nades.

If you're that tight on space it means you're doing things right. The drops kind of break if you're using the good old head-kick-knife on most enemies because the game doesn't really expect you to do that, even on Pro. Just start shooting things more if you've got too much ammo really.

Edit: When I replay RE4 its the flash grenades that start taking up way too much space for me because I save literally all of them for the room with the two waves of 3 knights in the castle because that room has killed me way too many times.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Ah, those were the days. Now, if I load up my Gamecube save, it's a case completely filled with the Broken Butterfly, Handcannon and Red9, a bunch of healing items and the rest of it filled with a combination of magnum, handgun and handcannon ammo. I AM UNSTOPPABLE!

Edit: The Broken Butterfly and the Red9 need to come back. Leon reloaded the Butterfly with such gusto, even though top-break revolvers ejected the empty cartridges automatically and the Red9's reload was always fun to watch. Flicking away the empty clip.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 18, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is def the money version of RE4, I'm sitting on 80k pesetas and I'm about to do the big house shoot-out with Luis.

Leon Cross
May 10, 2016
Mm. I wound up with my Red 9, Striker, Broken Butterfly, and Semi-auto all completely maxed out plus the Tac vest. I still had a couple 100k left at the end of the game.

Not something I recall being a thing in my previous plays on the earlier versions.

Unrelated question: Are there exactly enough yellow herbs to max Leon and Ashley's health in a single play through? That's what I wound up with this time around and I recall having to finish maxing Ashley's health on a second play through on the Wii version (though I fully accept I may have over looked a couple of yellows or am just remembering incorrectly.)

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Cross posted:

Mm. I wound up with my Red 9, Striker, Broken Butterfly, and Semi-auto all completely maxed out plus the Tac vest. I still had a couple 100k left at the end of the game.

Not something I recall being a thing in my previous plays on the earlier versions.

Unrelated question: Are there exactly enough yellow herbs to max Leon and Ashley's health in a single play through? That's what I wound up with this time around and I recall having to finish maxing Ashley's health on a second play through on the Wii version (though I fully accept I may have over looked a couple of yellows or am just remembering incorrectly.)

I remember maxing out both their health on a single playthrough.

If you find all the herbs Leon should be maxed by like 3-3 or so.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So many people that went with the Red-9 over the Blacktail? I never needed the TMP because the Blacktail is basically an SMG with the firerate and ammo capacity you end up with when it's fully upgraded.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So many people that went with the Red-9 over the Blacktail? I never needed the TMP because the Blacktail is basically an SMG with the firerate and ammo capacity you end up with when it's fully upgraded.

Either one's a solid choice, the Blacktail is hard to beat though. Shoots fast, reloads very quickly, has a large magazine and only takes up 6 squares instead of the 8+3 of the Red9 + stock. The Red9 + stock is much better for longer-range shots, but I'd rather use a sniper rifle for those anyway (I get tons of rifle ammo on the PS4 version, way way more than shotgun ammo). I like the TMP a lot, even if it fills a fairly similar role to a pistol or a shotgun. It's more ammo-efficient than a pistol for the time-honored kneecap - to - kick strategy, and against groups it's as often as effective as a shotgun, especially if the ganados are spread out. Also it's a really fun gun to use, and it truly shines against those damned invisible wall-climbing flying insect assholes.

Also, to whoever was asking about PC vs. PS4 for RE4, I would probably go PC if I had one that would run it. The reason is that the analog stick sensitivity is not adjustible even in the PS4 version, and it's pretty slow as it is. I really liked the Wii version because aiming was so much faster, so I'd imagine using a mouse would be better for aiming and if you want the console experience you can just set up a DualShock on your PC anyway.

Leon Cross
May 10, 2016
Blacktail on all my previous plays.

Gave the red 9 a run this time.

I don't think there's a particularly large difference. Red 9 is packing more of a punch but when you're doing well the enemy's are such damage sponges it didn't particularly matter.

Prefer the blacktail now that I've done a red 9 run as it does seem to fill a middle ground between a pistol and a TMP which I haven't used outside of Mercs and Ada's campaign.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Alteisen posted:

They need to make an endless tetris style puzzle game where you play as Leon's attache case and you rearrange the items/mix herbs as he picks them up in real time (with bonuses for colour coding)

He'd be constantly freeing up new spaces by using ammo/healing items so you have to keep rearranging everything until he reaches the end of the game where Leon and his case ride off into the sunset together

Catpain Blackudder
Jul 25, 2009

Cluck, cluck, gibber, gibber, my old man's a mushroom, et cetera.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPtI9-m2pb0

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

The psychological benefits of witnessing the Red-9's reload animation can't be overstated.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Wanderer posted:

According to the Internet Firearms Database, if you built a real gun with the ammo capacity of the maxed-out TMP, the magazine would be eleven feet long.

I like to imagine that.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I never bothered with the TMP much because I remember buying it when I first played it then it taking like a full clip to kill two zombies, but after going through the two Ada missions and her Mercenaries for the first time recently I've started to appreciate it.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I remember the tmp being really good for the flying things but otherwise I didn't bother with it.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Revelations 2 has a weekend survivor mission at the moment which is a riot in co-op. My partner and I lucked out this time as it gave us all the difficult stages early on and once the poo poo hit the fan with enemies 20+ levels higher than us, they were mostly throwing low-tier crap at us. No bossfight with Neil either, which was a relief of sorts. Got to Floor 17 in the hour of gametime it gave us, which is probably terrible compared to Super Pro MLG players but whatever.

Worth pointing out that I loving hate Scagdeads, and the tougher stages simply adore the overuse of those bastards with stat buffs. Those, and Revenants.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The enemies in that section have deliberately lower health than in others.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Revelations 2 has a weekend survivor mission at the moment which is a riot in co-op. My partner and I lucked out this time as it gave us all the difficult stages early on and once the poo poo hit the fan with enemies 20+ levels higher than us, they were mostly throwing low-tier crap at us. No bossfight with Neil either, which was a relief of sorts. Got to Floor 17 in the hour of gametime it gave us, which is probably terrible compared to Super Pro MLG players but whatever.

Worth pointing out that I loving hate Scagdeads, and the tougher stages simply adore the overuse of those bastards with stat buffs. Those, and Revenants.

The one bonus stage I had to flat-out give up on was the one that was set in the hallway at the very beginning of Leon's RE6 campaign, and the last enemy in it was a hasted, invisible Scagdead. There was just no way to kill it without a relatively specialized arsenal that I, of course, did not have.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Wanderer posted:

The one bonus stage I had to flat-out give up on was the one that was set in the hallway at the very beginning of Leon's RE6 campaign, and the last enemy in it was a hasted, invisible Scagdead. There was just no way to kill it without a relatively specialized arsenal that I, of course, did not have.

Oh hell, that stage. Yes, it's a total fucker if you're ill-prepared. I've had to RQ that one a few times when it crops up as a character-specific Daily Mission; in addition to that Scagdead, it frequently lobs in a buffed Rotten toward the end with the ability to buff everything around it. Great! So now I'm underpowered, low on ammo and everything here just got even more dangerous! Hasted Scagdeads though are probably the absolute worst things to deal with because of that insta-kill grab they have.

Edit:
There's also the stage set in the Subway area of Leon's RE6 campaign (where you'd have to avoid getting smashed by approaching trains) with a Shielded Tank Scagdead at the end. This has also been a game-ending encounter on several occasions when I'm stuck with a low-level character and limited weapons/ammo.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 18, 2016

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAY5Lm2uLnQ

Some extended TGS gameplay. Starts at 4:35. Not sure how much of this is new content exactly, but you can watch some idol girl get spooked by the game I guess.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

shoot them in the legs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytZJTx1kJ9s

since the stun is infinitely more valuable than the crit damage bonus you get from shooting them in the head/mouth

they're also a really good reason to level up the rpg skill which is just what i did with chris against them

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Ironically, there's only one magazine in that picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

New Concept Hole posted:

Ironically, there's only one magazine in that picture

If the gun is good, all you need is one mag.