Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Just convinced my HOA to ban pit bulls. Now if I can just convince them to have a block party dog burning bonfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

The only thing scary about my pit bull is his odious farts.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

error1 posted:

I spent a couple hours at the dog park today and there was a bearded collie puppy there that was almost like this when it greeted everyone.

It's so nice to hang out with other people and their dogs and let everyone play and have fun together, why anyone would want a dog aggressive breed that guarantees that everyone else hates you is beyond me.

Well see when "Drug Dealers" (totally not coded language) start having mean dogs of a certain breed it causes that breed to get a bad rap

Remember in the 1980s dobermen dogs were evil and sometimes they turn on their masters

Soodonim
Jul 3, 2007

woooosh!

Carmant posted:

There are other breeds that are much more likely to be dog aggressive pits probably dont evne make the top 10. Not surprising considering there are no breeding standards and most "pit bulls" are just mutts with big heads anyway

So? Tons of pit bull owners create dangerous situations because they're so invested in demonstrating to the world what BIG SWEETIES! their dogs are. If they were educated and took the proper precautions this wouldn't be such an issue. But, you know.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Frankenstyle posted:

Just convinced my HOA to ban pit bulls. Now if I can just convince them to have a block party dog burning bonfire.

People who work for/with HOAs should be put to death in really gruesome medieval ways like impalement, breaking wheel, brazen bulls, etc.

Soodonim
Jul 3, 2007

woooosh!
The dogs I told the story about earlier were AKC registered American Staffordshire Terriers, btw, not just random big-headed dogs.

fuck the mods
Mar 30, 2015
Actually everyone who declared they owned a pit bull in the last few years now refers to it as a boxer/bulldog/mutt mix because they aren't as cool now

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
All breeds of dogs can be mean and bite, it's just that due to their breeding, pitbulls have a much more powerful bite force than most commonly owned breeds, so they can inflict more damage, which makes pitbull attacks more serious, bloody, and therefore more sensational for news media

Then there's the whole fighting thing so if a pit was involved with that it will have a tendency to be mean / bite

I read somewhere that the top 10 breeds for reported dog bites are not pit bulls, but cocker spaniels and labrador retrievers (probably because they are more commonly owned by people).

Also, regarding bite force, I also seem to remember hearing that the mammal with the strongest recorded bite force on record is hyena (1100 psi apparently). Pitbulls top out at like 300 psi or something.

I'm an internet expert.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

People who work for/with HOAs should be put to death in really gruesome medieval ways like impalement, breaking wheel, brazen bulls, etc.

Your grass is looking a little long, and there are a couple open stocks in the traffic circle.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

pitbulls can be lovely dogs. also the most aggressive breed is the dachshund. love the little wieners but a lot of them are skittish little fuckers

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I seen that dog at the park and he never bit nobody. I tell you what that baby triggered him, that why he dead.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Y-Hat posted:

pitbulls can be lovely dogs.

If you consider eating babies to be lovely, then yes

http://blog.dogsbite.org/2016/04/2016-dog-bite-fatality-family-pit-bull-kills-baby-san-diego.html

http://blog.dogsbite.org/2016/06/dog-bite-fatality-3-day-old-baby-killed-by-dogs-fresno.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/23/taylynn-devaughn-dies-dog-attack-_n_6737922.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/29/baby-killed-by-dog_n_1462963.html

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/23/pit-bull-kills-newborn-baby-in-bed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3663384/3-day-old-baby-killed-family-dogs-Central-California.html

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

pit bulls eat poor peoples kids sometimes

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Wow that's a lot of articles. Rape Stink, you sir have changed my mind!

fuck the mods
Mar 30, 2015
[Pitbull - Intro:]
Me not working hard?
Yeah, right! Picture that with a Kodak
Or, better yet, go to Times Square
Take a picture of me with a Kodak

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Now if they'd eat babies with consistency we'd be getting somewhere

Planned parentwoof

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunno why everyone's afraid to get handsy with dogs... That's how u get bit. My dad never had a dog smaller than 100 lbs but that just means you might have to use a kick or hook their chest and neck and sort of like throw them like its WWF instead of shouting and grabbing their collar or whatever

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Maldoror posted:

All breeds of dogs can be mean and bite, it's just that due to their breeding, pitbulls have a much more powerful bite force than most commonly owned breeds, so they can inflict more damage, which makes pitbull attacks more serious, bloody, and therefore more sensational for news media

Then there's the whole fighting thing so if a pit was involved with that it will have a tendency to be mean / bite

I read somewhere that the top 10 breeds for reported dog bites are not pit bulls, but cocker spaniels and labrador retrievers (probably because they are more commonly owned by people).

Also, regarding bite force, I also seem to remember hearing that the mammal with the strongest recorded bite force on record is hyena (1100 psi apparently). Pitbulls top out at like 300 psi or something.

I'm an internet expert.

I wanted to see how big a Hyena was vs a dog and got deviant arted.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

"mauled by pit bulls" fits into that category nicely

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Dave_Indeed posted:

I'd say they're probably about the same size as the dogs in the below pic

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Dave_Indeed posted:

You watch the streets. I'll watch the skies.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Maldoror posted:

Philadelphia lookin good these days

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Philadelphia lookin good these days

not enough heroin or racist white trash in Iggles jerseys to be Philly.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Rape Stink posted:

not enough heroin or racist white trash in Iggles jerseys to be Philly.

Nah, all that's missing are a few collapsing rowhomes and you're there

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Soodonim posted:

So? Tons of pit bull owners create dangerous situations because they're so invested in demonstrating to the world what BIG SWEETIES! their dogs are. If they were educated and took the proper precautions this wouldn't be such an issue. But, you know.

Oh the story of the retarded owner who tried to break up a dog fight with his leg, where the breed of hte dogs isn't relevant at all? Sucks that your friend didn't die.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

lol shut up carmant you worthless gently caress-knuckle

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
look at that doggie tied up all by himself

ima goin go pet tat doggie and tell him what a good doggie he is

oh no

the doggie bited me

:(

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Pit Bulls are the mostly highly evolved form of dog, theyre basically bred to eliminate bad dog owners from the gene pool. A pit bull should be mandatory for every family

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Pitbulls attract the dumbest loving people

Unless you're the owner of a rescue, people who actually seek them out are almost always the worst people to have them

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

lol shut up carmant you worthless gently caress-knuckle

Maldoror posted:

And that's a substantial leash.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Professor Shark posted:

Pitbulls attract the dumbest loving people

Unless you're the owner of a rescue, people who actually seek them out are almost always the worst people to have them

Is there any studies on this like income/education to breed ownership. I'm sure there is.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Great another GBS where we can discretely trash black people, this time using pit bulls as a cover

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
not sure why youre assuming all poor stupid people are black, maybe it is you that is the real racist

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Carmant posted:

Great another GBS where we can discretely trash black people, this time using pit bulls as a cover

You dumb

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

there are more white trash people around here that have pitbulls than anyone else.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

there are more white trash people around here that have pitbulls than anyone else.

Uh uh sure thing, thats totally who youre talking about

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

quote:

34 U.S. dog bite-related fatalities occurred in 2015. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 700 U.S. cities, pit bulls contributed to 82% (28) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up about 6.6% of the total U.S. dog population.

Together, pit bulls (28) and rottweilers (3), the second most lethal dog breed, accounted for 91% of the total recorded deaths in 2015. This same combination also accounted for 76% of all fatal attacks during the 11-year period of 2005 to 2015.

The breakdown between these two breeds is substantial over this 11-year period. From 2005 to 2015, pit bulls killed 232 Americans, about one citizen every 17 days, versus rottweilers, which killed 41, about one citizen every 98 days.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2015.php

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i feel bad for the children that get eaten by pitbulls :(

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Carmant posted:

yeah man because only black people own pittbulls

Why the gently caress do you hang out here with all the trash.

I mean I hang out here too but and at least I know my poo poo stinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

And next let me show you some statistics on crime organized by race.. now I'm not racist BUT...

• Locked thread