Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vulpes posted:

Ok, I'll check back in a few days and join a pubbie guild in the meantime so I'm at least getting something.

The pack is:

Archmage Armor (+50% xp)
3,000 gold
1,000 souls
3 gem keys
6 gold keys

I think I'll go ahead and get it, maybe I'll get something useful out of the chests that'll let me unlock arena.

Don't buy it. An active guild will pull in more than that pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Xelkelvos posted:

Don't buy it. An active guild will pull in more than that pack

Thankfully I got sidetracked and didn't pull the trigger yet. I'll give it a miss, thanks for the advice.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Emron posted:

I got drunk on vacation and bought the whale armor, now my 100 souls after each battle stare at me as a reminder of my shame

If you have the money to spare, I don't see it as a bad thing that you're supporting a F2P game that you (presumably) enjoy. If that money was earmarked for baby formula or puppy food, then you should feel a little shame, yes.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Can anyone suggest a good replacement for Druid in my PvP build?

Crimson Bat **
Queen Mab ***
Valkyrie ***
Druid **

Druid has been nice because of Water Link and Blessed, but I don't often use his ability. A different Green/Blue or Brown/Blue might be better. Anything besides Khorvash though. I've also tried Mercy but it performs worse on Defense and I don't like having two troops that can't damage with abilities.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

You could use behemoth, moderate board clear with AOE damage and a heal perk.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Disillusionist posted:

Can anyone suggest a good replacement for Druid in my PvP build?

Giant Spider.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Emron posted:

You could use behemoth, moderate board clear with AOE damage and a heal perk.

Behemoth is a good suggestion but I don't have it yet.

I swapped Druid for Justice, the Blue statue. The early results have been pretty good. Since you can cast Justice's ability on skulls, Crimson Bat ended up with a ton of health and attack and swept the enemy with just skull damage (and I don't have its 3rd trait even.)

Mab/Justice is a good combo if you have her 3rd trait, because Justice is boosted by enemies frozen. Using the +2 Blue and +1 Yellow banner helps to ensure Justice can cast even though he's blocked by two cards ahead of him.

I don't have any traits on Justice yet, and only the 3rd is useful in this build. I may try Borealis in place of Crimson Bat to guarantee more frozen enemies + 3x skull damage to frozen.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

That's not how I remember little red riding hood...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Treant is a solid B/G if it's traited

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I really like the new guild system. It feels more meaningful to contribute and the rewards/buffs are great.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
The new kingdom just went live. Hope you like dragons!

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Have they said anything more about a crafting system lately? At one point there was talk of being able to craft specific troop cards. I have a lot of duplicates of fully ascended troops that I would like to disenchant for souls, but I don't want to do it if they will end up being used for crafting mats.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
The devs have said that they made a mistake when they introduced Ascension. They spent the first year of the game encouraging players to disenchant extra copies of troops for souls, then turned around and went "whoops, looks like you should have kept those extra three Gorgothas after all! :shrug:" I get the distinct impression that if they ever do introduce crafting (and it is something they've discussed in the past), it will not require troops. They've even limited players to four Mythic copies of each guardian -- once you have that many, that guardian is removed from guild chests permanently.

But they haven't said anything one way or the other about troops in crafting. I am keeping all my copies of base Epic and higher troops until I hear how the crafting system works. Ultra-rare and lower are getting burned for souls as soon as there is a mass disenchant option again.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So am I correct in thinking that I should spend my guild seals on the chest on Sunday night before the reset or do they accumulate over time?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
The seals for opening chests carry over, but the chest type gets reset and needs to be leveled up again after rollover on monday. I dunno if we will (ever?) reach the highest tier? I also watched that tacet guy open some 80 maxed out chests and he didn't get a single legendary or higher, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. The new guardians are probably the best thing you can expect out of them, and they'll drop regardless.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm just going to open mine Saturday night. The guardians are the big thing, and they level through time. It's going to be tough staring at 1,000 seals for two nights though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oenis posted:

The seals for opening chests carry over, but the chest type gets reset and needs to be leveled up again after rollover on monday. I dunno if we will (ever?) reach the highest tier? I also watched that tacet guy open some 80 maxed out chests and he didn't get a single legendary or higher, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. The new guardians are probably the best thing you can expect out of them, and they'll drop regardless.

Ok I wasn't quite sure about that since it says 500/1500 for the week. That's cool they carry over though.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Apologies to Gem Blossums in advance -- I won't be donating much to the guild this week while I rebuild my new-kingdom gold buffer. I keep 130,000 gold on hand all the time so that I can immediately unlock/level new kingdoms.

-----

If you're looking for something different to use in PVP, try

The Devoted
Valkyrie
Rowanne
Prismatic Orb hero

The goal is to constantly be pumping up Rowanne's armor until you can OHKO the entire enemy lineup. The Devoted cleanses your side, so frozen isn't a big problem. Khorvash is, since it bypasses armor with its spell. If you lose Devoted and Valkyrie early, things could get rough.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Sep 16, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What's a good PVE set up to quickly get through everything?

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

What's a good PVE set up to quickly get through everything?

I think it was Grundulum that posted it a few pages back, but 3x Druid + Valkyrie is good. It is fairly cheap to trait out too. If you run into something that hammers you with skulls, just throw a Knight Coronet up top.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Blacktooth posted:

I think it was Grundulum that posted it a few pages back, but 3x Druid + Valkyrie is good. It is fairly cheap to trait out too. If you run into something that hammers you with skulls, just throw a Knight Coronet up top.

Ok cool I'll try that out. Thanks!

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

MarcusSA posted:

Ok I wasn't quite sure about that since it says 500/1500 for the week. That's cool they carry over though.
If we don't make 20,000 seals, I am actually thinking about not spending them this week.. Not getting commons should make quite a difference, I'd assume. 40,000 is out of reach, of course, unless we get a rich sugardaddy (those seals do count for the weekly sum, right?).

Also when spending my saved up keys, I finally got my first Mythic, Death.. It's pretty ridiculous sometimes, mostly because it just gets very random results. Sometimes, two or three of the enemies die right away and it's over, sometimes I cast it 2 or 3 times and nothing happens. Oh well. Not sure if I want to bother trying to get all traits.

voodoo dog fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Sep 16, 2016

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Ok cool I'll try that out. Thanks!

I meant to add that the team is ok, but really needs the 3rd trait on the druid. They will start off with half mana. It is cheap to trait out since you only need to worry about two cards. The other card, Valkyrie, is one of the best utility cards currently because of the souls bonus.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

It's going to take me a long time to get the gumption to switch off my team of 3* soothsayer, 3* Valkyrie, crimson bat, crimson bat. Matches are easy to win and I'm virtually guaranteed to hit max souls every round.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Blacktooth posted:

I meant to add that the team is ok, but really needs the 3rd trait on the druid. They will start off with half mana. It is cheap to trait out since you only need to worry about two cards. The other card, Valkyrie, is one of the best utility cards currently because of the souls bonus.

Yeah it was pretty easy to trait out since the Druid trait stone is in the honor shop this week. I just need to find 1 arcane storm trait stone to max the valk. Thanks for the tip!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So yeah the 3x Druid + Valk combo is pretty baller for steam rolling PVE.

Things just die and it's awesome.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I haven't done anything with heroes since classes were introduced, but I just went against one wielding a Crescendo and the 50% chance to gain 1 magic every turn trait and I now see the error of my ways. Any advice on classes and weapons?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Sorcerer is the +1 magic class, when fully traited. One of the more popular classes. Other classes can be used for PVE builds. Priest offers Air Link, and works well with The Devoted x2 and Rowanne, with the hero using Prismatic Sphere. Archer is pretty good too with it's second trait, Fast. Starts at 50% mana, useful for some gimmick teams.

I kind of like Orb Weaver. I need more stones, but it's traits lend itself to defense. Mana Shield makes it immune to Mab's Mana Burn, and the third trait gives a 50% chance to summon a Giant Spider when taking damage. Sounds like it could be annoying.

The biggest problem is none of the weapons are what I would call OP, unlike some of the most popular troops. Plenty of good ones, but they are fairly balanced by their high mana costs, or not as good in the hands of the AI.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm using necro for the 3x Druid and Valk team and it seems to work pretty ok I guess.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Grundulum posted:

Apologies to Gem Blossums in advance -- I won't be donating much to the guild this week while I rebuild my new-kingdom gold buffer. I keep 130,000 gold on hand all the time so that I can immediately unlock/level new kingdoms.

-----

If you're looking for something different to use in PVP, try

The Devoted
Valkyrie
Rowanne
Prismatic Orb hero

The goal is to constantly be pumping up Rowanne's armor until you can OHKO the entire enemy lineup. The Devoted cleanses your side, so frozen isn't a big problem. Khorvash is, since it bypasses armor with its spell. If you lose Devoted and Valkyrie early, things could get rough.

I tried this in PVP, and it didn't work that well. I think my opponent was fully buffed by statues, and had 5* kingdoms. Each of his troops had a combined armor/health value of about 70. I got Rowanne to about 100 armor, then The Devoted died, which left me unable to cleanse away the frozen.

The version of the team with two Devoted works better, but lacks the souls from Valkrie. Which really is my biggest gripe. Valk must be on every team.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

I'm using necro for the 3x Druid and Valk team and it seems to work pretty ok I guess.

Your class only matters if your hero is on the team, I'm pretty sure.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Emron posted:

Your class only matters if your hero is on the team, I'm pretty sure.

You sure? I thought the masteries worked on any team. I have no idea if that's true though

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
For the record, any gold in unfinished guild tasks at the end of the week is split evenly among all players in the guild. So either spend the last 24 hours focusing on one task at a time, or treat your contributions as possible donations to the rest of the group.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Why wouldn't it just go right back towards the reset tasks? That makes no sense.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

You sure? I thought the masteries worked on any team. I have no idea if that's true though

Oh, yeah, I guess the mastery bonus probably. But the biggest impact stuff, the traits, never comes in.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Emron posted:

Oh, yeah, I guess the mastery bonus probably. But the biggest impact stuff, the traits, never comes in.

Ah ok well yeah I wasn't sure if the traits worked but if the hero wasn't in the group they don't make that very clear.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Are there any slots left in the guild? Name is Latina Pride

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Meme Emulator posted:

Are there any slots left in the guild? Name is Latina Pride

Invited to Gem Boiz.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Gem Blossums has no openings still. We've all been unusually active lately, so there's nobody I could even ask to give up a spot.

Edit: too slow. :v: Hey Bandire, there was someone else upthread a bit who wanted to get into a goon guild. Does Boiz have another spot still?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

We only have the one spot and the longest inactive is 5 days.

Are you taking about Stacker? I just sent him an invite to check and he's in a guild.