Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jonny 290 posted:

lovely horrible southern judges are almost like this ever-present element in the southern panorama. they are everywhere, you cannot avoid them. most are elected, and the entirety of the campaign is who is Tougher On Crime, so any possibly rational/liberalish/not openly racist candidates get sent packing

So why didn't you close your legs?

Canada :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Uh oh

quote:

On last night's episode of Counting On, the Duggar family toured Jinger's fianc, Jeremy Vuolo's home, or what he previously used to call his "bachelor pad." The tour seems to go pretty smoothly up until the gang reaches his bedroom and Jinger comments on the soccer player's "massive bed."

Head patriarch Jim Bob advised, and possibly warned, Jinger to "slow down" her relationship with Jeremy. The couple seemed to be heating up pretty fast, according to Duggar standards. In addition to being caught in a full-frontal hug on camera, which is strictly forbidden, the two also snuggled on the sofa in front of her parents.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jim-bob-duggar-scold-jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-cuddling-113478

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Oh no, not a large bed!!!

I guess you have to sleep on a single or a twin until you're married?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

A board with a brick for a pillow is preferred.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Darth123123 posted:

So why didn't you close your legs?

Canada :synpa:

I was a dumb 19 year old and my insurance expired on my $500 chevy nova, and i happened to be a super dumbass one day and i rear-ended this conversion van. They towed my car, yadda yadda.

I went and got lovely insurance for $45/mo on it, and went to court with the paper. The judge told me "If you have the $130 cash to pay off this no insurance fine today, it never hits your record". i borrowed $20 from everybody i could possibly scare up, paid it off at 4:58 PM and left the courthouse very excited that my poo poo was still clean, and very upset that it could ever go like that. that isnt justice even though i came out on the upside

e: hot springs arkansas, october 2000

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Jinger is the sane one right?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Jinger is the sane one right?

Define "sane."

I mean, she's probably as sane as anyone brought up in that household can reasonably be expected to be, but by normal people standards...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol. I hope he is plowing the gently caress out of her. gently caress jim bob, you let your son be a monster but your afraid your daughter might get cooties.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jim Bob also thinks that guy is a filthy poor that needs another job to support his daughter's shopping habbits

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
eat fresh! motherbitches!!!!!

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Geoj posted:

Define "sane."

I mean, she's probably as sane as anyone brought up in that household can reasonably be expected to be, but by normal people standards...

seems pretty rational to get excited about demolishing your virginity and lighting its remains on fire with your future soccer stud husband

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There's something about sexualizing hugs that just creeps me out no matter how often I hear about it. Even while hearing about all their other gross poo poo.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Pvt.Scott posted:

only until youre married? maybe if youre a harlot

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

XMNN posted:

Separate beds still kinda makes sense. There's plenty of other places to bone and cuddle and if you keep different schedules or have a light sleeper and a shifty-rolly, splaying, dead-to-world sleeper, it might be for the best. Plus, in a world before before AC, sharing a bed would have been absolutely sweltering in the American South, for example.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Pvt.Scott posted:

Separate beds still kinda makes sense. There's plenty of other places to bone and cuddle and if you keep different schedules or have a light sleeper and a shifty-rolly, splaying, dead-to-world sleeper, it might be for the best. Plus, in a world before before AC, sharing a bed would have been absolutely sweltering in the American South, for example.

I thought about this, because I'm a fidgety, must-be-cold, don't-touch-me sleeper with terrible insomnia, and I'd rather have a regular married people's bed than separate beds. Keep a spare single bed somewhere, even in the same room if you must, but it's weird that you wouldn't at least want to option to sleep with your significant other.

Captain von Trapp posted:

That still somehow managed to surprise me. Usually the "she was totally on board" defense only gets deployed if the guy is just outside the Romeo and Juliet statutory window with his girlfriend or something. Using it when the victim was a daughter, holy crap. :gonk:

I didn't see any mention of the daughter being a willing participant, even as a defense.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
How big a bed do you need to finger a 10 year old?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

No one got a gif of Jim Bob performing cunnilingus on that piece of Mexican candy?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
You guys should stick to Bravo. They have a gay Saddam Hussein as a mascot! And last I checked, they aren't Duggering their own children.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

XMNN posted:

Look at this sinful trash not sleeping on opposite ends of the house separated by a (non-functioning) sex prevention catwalk

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

GRANNYS PEACH TEA posted:

Cursive is nefarious, eldritch, and quite possibly demonic. I mean, "CURSE"-ive, it's right there in the name. You ever seen a Bible written in cursive, yeah that's what I thought.

This guy makes a lot of sense. I think I'm going to start unquestioningly doing everything he says.

NatashaQuick
Jun 30, 2007

No Mr. Bond,
I expect you to die.
Nobody actually slept in separate beds, that was only for tv because showing even married people in the same bed would corrupt the poor children.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

NatashaQuick posted:

Nobody actually slept in separate beds, that was only for tv because showing even married people in the same bed would corrupt the poor children.

I'm just sayin', I could see it working.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My grandparents had separate beds.

I'm ok with that.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
My great-grandparents did too. I think seperate twin beds were a thing for a while in some areas of the US. TV may have sparked it, IDK. I can see a bunch of uptight idiot Midwesterners seeing separate beds on TV and deciding that they should at least be as "decent" as what's on TV.

My great grandfather also "spanked" my grandma with a shoe when he caught her talking to a boy "naked." She was wearing full pajamas, long sleeve, long pants, not the sexy sheer kind because no one had those in Indiana in the 40's. Also, the boy
was outside of the house, Grandma was upstairs. They talked through a window. She never got any taller than 4 feet, 11.5 inches, do I doubt the kid could even see her body.

It's that kind of poo poo that makes it seem possible marries couples had two beds and just met in one now and then

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Kellogg's Corn Flakes, the Boy Scouts, and Graham Crackers are a few things that got their start in the anti-masturbation craze of the early 1900s in America. Bland diet, physical and mental exertion and, of course, good Christian instruction were believed to help curb the desire of young men and women to rub one out. Masturbation was blamed for increased risk of insanity, promiscuity, criminal activity and was a sign of poor moral character.

Victorian ideals of sexual purity were pretty big in the US in the late 1800s/early 1900s. That's why violence was ok on TV later in the century, but sex was a no go, and why the sexual liberation of the 1960s and Feminism was so shocking to American society. It was a 180 turn in attitude towards sex, at least by the hippie set.

Couples sleeping in separate beds fits right in with the whole vibe, even if it may be mostly apocryphal. Sleeping in separate beds because you were unable to afford beds large enough for two people was surely an issue.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 18, 2016

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Pvt.Scott posted:

. Sleeping in separate beds because you were unable to afford beds large enough for two people was surely an issue.

this doesn't make sense tho?? if I buy 2 medium shirts it's gonna cost more than one XXXL shirt, that's just how buying things works. Mattresses work the same way

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The two beds thing was because of TV censorship and for film, the Hays Code. I don't believe it was actually that common in real life.

Good Grief
Sep 18, 2016

by Smythe
village dynamics of the pygmies is gross gently caress them

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Gatekeeper posted:

this doesn't make sense tho?? if I buy 2 medium shirts it's gonna cost more than one XXXL shirt, that's just how buying things works. Mattresses work the same way

Yeah, you're probably right.

E: there seem to be people answering questions about sleeping in separate beds/rooms while married in the positive from a googling. Either their grandparents, parents, other relatives or themselves, for various reasons, but mostly comfort.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 18, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
jim

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

bob???

Good Grief
Sep 18, 2016

by Smythe

pop music??!?!

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

I guess the giant Duggar house did not have room for the mom.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm ok with that.

Couples do this for medical reasons.
When you are older, its better to have a separate bed if you have back problems.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

happyhippy posted:

When you are older, its better to have a separate bed if you have back problems.

+1

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FlamingLiberal posted:

The two beds thing was because of TV censorship and for film, the Hays Code. I don't believe it was actually that common in real life.

our RV (1989 model) shipped with two twins in the back.

It was owned by a preacher.

we gutted the bedroom and rebuilt it as a single queen in a vain attempt to purge the thing of the creepy

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

happyhippy posted:

Sleep number = sex

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm ok with that.
My maternal grandparents sometimes slept in seperate rooms, allegedly because grandpa snored.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 18, 2016

nobody speak
Sep 18, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Good Grief posted:

pop music??!?!

massive attack buffer overload

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Pvt.Scott posted:

Harder for to detect Josh to hide in a larger bed. He's smart to be wary.

• Locked thread