Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

issat bleublanc crossdressing or some sorta weird angle

I think bow lady and spear lady there are two of Duvalie's lackeys who don't have any voiced lines or official art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Endorph posted:

I think bow lady and spear lady there are two of Duvalie's lackeys who don't have any voiced lines or official art.

I assume they'll show up in CS3 given their whole connection/rivalry with the Arseids.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cake Attack posted:

issat bleublanc crossdressing or some sorta weird angle

On the left? No, that's another Stahlritter.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

105 hours later

https://twitter.com/Zaggitz/status/776974986577846272

Loved the game. If the pacing was a bit tighter and the character focus a bit more evenly distributed it'd probably tie with SC for my fave. As it stands it's still a close second. Can't wait for 3rd.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Goddamn, I gotta get off my rear end and start working on the game again. I still haven't finished my first playthrough.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
The horrible puns from not having the right people for Trial Chests are killing me. (And yes, I also need to finish my first playthrough.)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

shame on you people, not beating a 50+ hour game in less then two weeks. its like you have things going on your lives or something

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I think I'm probably close to finished, relatively speaking. Just found the 13th Gambler Jack II and I assume it also has 14 books. That said, if this is anything like SC then "relatively speaking" means boy have I got some dungeons/boss rushes ahead of me.

Cyouni posted:

The horrible puns from not having the right people for Trial Chests are killing me. (And yes, I also need to finish my first playthrough.)

I look forward to not opening early trial chests on NG+ just to read more of them. The Jusis/Machias one has been the best so far.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Decus posted:

I look forward to not opening early trial chests on NG+ just to read more of them. The Jusis/Machias one has been the best so far.

Someone really needs to collect all the lines for this.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
So I'm running through the final dungeon and I'm at the McBurn fight. Is there a trick to this because what the gently caress. Rushed him down to about half health the first try and then his S-Craft did over the max health of my entire party for a full wipe.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

proxy puppet, angel master quartz, pray for cover to proc

because of the all cancel I don't think it's actually survivable above normal

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I've almost finished CS1 again. Who should I dance with??? :ohdear:

is it worth going through yet again to fill out the notes and get all those links up to 5 or nah

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Really Pants posted:

is it worth going through yet again to fill out the notes and get all those links up to 5 or nah

Getting everyone to max rank with Rean apparently carries over into Cold Steel 2. As well, who you pair up with is a personal preference issue that will change a small bit of dialogue in Cold Steel 2.

It's up to you.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Goddamn the optional penguin boss fight in Sky SC is annoying.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Decus posted:

It would have been better if the last line had been Rapid Thrust.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Really Pants posted:

Fie.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

did I just find a loving Chumbawamba reference at the school festival

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Wow I really really hate the music in Ymir

Dear composers: please do not put sounds in your music that sound just like the enemy alert sound, they will make the music in an area you go back to a ton completely unbearable

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

penguins are always the worst

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I'm still doing side-quests near the end of Act 2, in particular a hidden one, but it has given me a new random, no-evidence plot-twist idea about Alisa's father still being alive and being an Anguis in Ouroboros. He faked his own death and then got Sharon to help his family out in his stead. It would help explain Sharon a bit more provided this game doesn't already do that later and would also help tie Alisa into Ouroboros more given the other two main romance options within Class VII are both tied to Anguis as well.

Also I'd entirely missed that the miner's names until that quest. Crache, Dick, Bieter. Bill and Aman didn't get the memo. One of the nameless miners is probably secretly Balzac.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I think I'd rather have at least one character who's not secretly a god-tier badass.

Slur posted:

Getting everyone to max rank with Rean apparently carries over into Cold Steel 2.

Does this also apply to Sara, Towa, etc., because getting some of those to level 5 would take a while.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Really Pants posted:

I think I'd rather have at least one character who's not secretly a god-tier badass.

Does this also apply to Sara, Towa, etc., because getting some of those to level 5 would take a while.

I wouldn't know, to be honest. If you're willing to try, I don't think Towa's rank matters because her rank isn't visible on the status screen. Sara is rather easy in ng+ if you use the max bonds perk.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

You will show the divine penguin the respect he deserves and dance his samba.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
As much as I'm liking CS2, I must say that the ranks for arts and crafts are extremely stupid.

I find it hard to appreciate the difference between SSS+ and 4S s-crafts when they all wipe the board clean regardless.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

MAI CHURN

e: holy poo poo Gale is a set attack now, this changes everything

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 19, 2016

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

NPCs who ship siblings: still creepy

I was well on track to take down Magic Knight Purple-rear end when the cutscene kicked in. Is that fight winnable?

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Nope, because the HP bar isn't the "pass out from exhaustion" bar and Rean's bar always empties before the killing blow. This is true of most fights in the series, really, and is why every character everywhere acts like every fight is super exhausting even when you get out unscathed.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Really Pants posted:

NPCs who ship siblings: still creepy

I was well on track to take down Magic Knight Purple-rear end when the cutscene kicked in. Is that fight winnable?

Are you talking about the one in the mountains? I don't think so, it ended when I brought it down really low. If you're talking about Ymir fight, I'm pretty sure you have to win that one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The mountain one would be easily winnable if it didn't force you to stop, yeah.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ending hot take: WHAT THE gently caress

now i'm staring at a black screen and wondering if my ps3 chose this moment to die

well i guess i'll fight these bosses again

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 19, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

lets hang out posted:

now i'm staring at a black screen and wondering if my ps3 chose this moment to die

The game can hang there for up to 15 minutes or more. It's not actually crashed, you just have to be patient. I've heard things about manually syncing your trophies too, but I can't confirm if that actually matters.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 19, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
They really need to tone these you can't win fights the hell down in 3.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah i thought it'd crashed too but it just hanged for like a minute.

RIP if you already reset

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Crabtree posted:

They really need to tone these you can't win fights the hell down in 3.

There seems to be less of them in the second half of the game at least!

I think part of the reason Duvalie's probably my favourite villain in the game so far is that you actually do (or can, at least) get the better of her in a fight, even if there are extenuating circumstances for it maybe. Also it really pisses her off, which is funny.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said ti before but I'm just burned out on the "I'm so strong, gosh, I'm just so incomprehensibly strong" characters.I don't mind a couple of them but when there are a dozen or more running around it's just tiring. It really weakens things, especially when even frigging REAN does it when you're playing as Lloyd. Beyond a certain point it is just tiresome, especially when it's genuinely unimportant characters who none the less leap in to oneshot a boss or make everyone around them go "Gosh, they're... they're so terrifyingly strong that I can barely stand up being in the same room as them."

The Doomhammer posted:

There seems to be less of them in the second half of the game at least!

At least until you get to the final boss rush which is like 5 in a row.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
No one ever leaps in to one shot bosses because no fight ever gets resolved in this game. It's always incomprehensibly strong characters fighting each other to a standstill before one side or other retreats. Like, we're in the middle of a war yet no one ever dies because all the incomprehensibly strong people on both sides just cancel each other out constantly.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

^ I've seen people say this game (or maybe these two games together) is more like tits FC than SC so I'm hoping we'll actually get to be the cool strong people in CS3

Yeah I gave up and reset and then once I got back to it skipped the movie with start and there was no delay at all before the chapter clear thing came up and I could save. Just glad my ps3 is still noisily clunking along because I'm way into this thing that's happening now

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Megalith nooooooo

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Clarste posted:

No one ever leaps in to one shot bosses because no fight ever gets resolved in this game. It's always incomprehensibly strong characters fighting each other to a standstill before one side or other retreats. Like, we're in the middle of a war yet no one ever dies because all the incomprehensibly strong people on both sides just cancel each other out constantly.

Obviously everyone stocked up on super strong badasses after Hamil went down.

Anyway, I bet a lot of people die but everyone just tells Rean they're unconscious because he's so super sensitive about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
How the gently caress do I win the fight against rean and altina because this seems actually impossible. They both have 200k health, can three shot my characters, and an S craft instantly kills my entire party. This is the first time a trails boss has actually pissed me off because this is some unfun loving bullshit.