Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Will update tomorrow, just got delayed due to the holiday weekend.

This is also the last call for Firesight and Waci. Any of them who don't post before I update tomorrow is dying in a hail of gun fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Sorry, I thought we were supposed to go in turn order. Since I was almost last in the list, I thought the baddies would get another turn before I could act.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Werix posted:

Since that is 2d10+7 Pen:10 I assumed you'd want to Infamy re-roll, and I did, which allowed you to pass, to Rodan uses one infamy (unless you'd rather take the hit).

Unless you gave us back Infamy after that last fight, I haven't got any to spend, so :rip:

e: because I'm sure as hell not bothering with burning infamy on a starting xp character, let alone one with a mediocre gimmick and a bad mutation

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 17, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Unless you gave us back Infamy after that last fight, I haven't got any to spend, so :rip:

e: because I'm sure as hell not bothering with burning infamy on a starting xp character, let alone one with a mediocre gimmick and a bad mutation

I'll say infamy refreshed after you got the apostate, since the damage roll was 23 before toughness, and one shots are a dick move.

Though in the future, consider alternatives to charging the guy with the plasma pistol.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Werix posted:

Though in the future, consider alternatives to charging the guy with the plasma pistol.

Hey, if I figured that if I got killed it wasn't any great loss.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Hey, if I figured that if I got killed it wasn't any great loss.

Are you essentially saying you don't like your character and want to re-roll?

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I don't really know if it's that or if I'm just chafing at the general shittiness of trying to do something unconventional with a starting XP character. I'll give it a little more time before I throw in the towel.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Dachshundofdoom posted:

I don't really know if it's that or if I'm just chafing at the general shittiness of trying to do something unconventional with a starting XP character. I'll give it a little more time before I throw in the towel.

I for one enjoy your makepretend character and find it the best part of this thread so pls don't bitch out unless you really aren't feeling it.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Dachshundofdoom posted:

We'll I think the plus side of it is it gives you something to grow into. Someday you will be a stealthy psychic murder both, only whispered of out of fear that even saying Rodan will summon forth your wrath.

Also, if your character is going to be a stealth bastard, play him that way. I'll let players try and stealth around the battlefield and give you or anyone else the +30 surprised bonus if you attack from a hidden position.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I like the part where I'm getting continually electrocuted/corrupted/frenzied/deafened by 'friendly' psykers.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Skellybones posted:

I like the part where I'm getting continually electrocuted/corrupted/frenzied/deafened by 'friendly' psykers.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Admittedly, my choice of offensive power might have been inappropriate for the ranges we've been engaging at, heh.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Just in case you were all wondering, between a conference requiring an overnight stay and family coming into town, my posting will be spotty to non-existent Wednesday until next Monday.

I wanted to try and get an update in before tomorrow, but it didn't happen. Posting will resume next week. i might just handwave the rest of this fight and move us on. I don't want to spend too much time on this Nurgle cult thing; I just wanted to have you all work one something resembling Inquisition work before throwing you into the morally questionable leading to fall to chaos stuff.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I'm back from my out of state work training, so expect an update tonight. It will be more of a narrative wall of text where you find out what your Inquisitor was doing. Has she found a way to free your Interrogator, or something else?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
poo poo's hosed, I'm guessing.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Don't worry, the game isn't dead, I'll be updating tonight after work hopefully.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Just to adjudicate something before it actually comes up:

Part of my Warp Vortex power forces anyone inside the PR radius to make a +0 Agility test if they want to move out of the vortex. This happens regardless of whether or not they've failed the Toughness test that drags them in deeper. Chaos Spawn have plenty of Toughness, so I don't expect them to get drawn in. On the other hand, they have miserable Agility. So as it stands, I can easily conjure up a cute little gravitational anomaly that has a solid chance of utterly crippling one (or even both if they're close together or I Push the power), because it'd be rolling against like 22 to escape. And if it does, I can make a new Vortex on the next turn, it's not hard to cast.

Are you down with that, Werix, or would you call that mechanics abuse?

I gotta say, for a power you can get for 200xp, this thing offers a lot of potential fuckery. Definitely don't regret investing in this one.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Just don't blow up the elevator/everyone else.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Just to adjudicate something before it actually comes up:

Part of my Warp Vortex power forces anyone inside the PR radius to make a +0 Agility test if they want to move out of the vortex. This happens regardless of whether or not they've failed the Toughness test that drags them in deeper. Chaos Spawn have plenty of Toughness, so I don't expect them to get drawn in. On the other hand, they have miserable Agility. So as it stands, I can easily conjure up a cute little gravitational anomaly that has a solid chance of utterly crippling one (or even both if they're close together or I Push the power), because it'd be rolling against like 22 to escape. And if it does, I can make a new Vortex on the next turn, it's not hard to cast.

Are you down with that, Werix, or would you call that mechanics abuse?

I gotta say, for a power you can get for 200xp, this thing offers a lot of potential fuckery. Definitely don't regret investing in this one.

Reason #1285 why as a GM I hate psykers. I guess at its core I have nothing wrong with it. It would be no different than one of you lighting these fuckers on fire with a flamer. If you did that it likely would never get itself put out, and given that, every time it wouldn't pass a willpower test it would run around on fire, unless I house rule something like From Beyond or Stuff of nightmares makes it immune to fire tests.

I'm not going to have the two next to each other, so you wont be able to get both of them in one gravity well. Seeing as these are creatures of the warp, they might be drawn to someone sustaining psychic powers. To put it another way, thing of aggro in terms of an MMO.

What I'm saying is If you're going with RAW, I have ways around that. You can become priority target while sustaining it, the Khorne spawn might suddenly negate psychic powers, etc. Or given your track record you'll just roll perils and become a third spawn.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Werix posted:

:words: Or given your track record you'll just roll perils and become a third spawn.
thats pretty hosed up b

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

thats pretty hosed up b

Look at some of his most recent rolls just in this game.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Yeah between work, and election stuff, and more work I know I haven't updated yet. The way it is looking. it will likely be Sunday at the earliest. Maybe tomorrow. Friday and Saturday not likely.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Game not dead. Just been busy at work trying to get poo poo done on deadline before Thanksgiving next week. Feeling mentally drained when I get home. Expect me to throw my hands up in the air when dachshund traps the khorne spawn in a vortex forever post this weekend.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I am family free as of this morning. I might post tonight, but I'm likely going to be catching up on stuff I missed while family was in town, so expect it likely tomorrow or later.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
WP vs 42: 22

Well, gosh, thank goodness the character I'm ditching didn't become marginally more worthless before I could ditch him, that'd just break my heart.

Also I dunno, do you want me to basically double-post going around and trying to recruit the other people, or should I give Firesight a chance?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Dachshundofdoom posted:

WP vs 42: 22

Well, gosh, thank goodness the character I'm ditching didn't become marginally more worthless before I could ditch him, that'd just break my heart.

Also I dunno, do you want me to basically double-post going around and trying to recruit the other people, or should I give Firesight a chance?

If you want to go ahead and talk to everyone, recruiting them or not, go ahead. I dragged firesight into it just to see if it would get him to post more. No such luck it seems.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I need to stop checking the thread during work and then forgetting to post when I get home. I will give a good post later today. Huzzah vacation.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Was there any apparent path that the cages of chaos spawn took into the elevator room? It's all overgrown so I guess they were flown in.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Skellybones posted:

Was there any apparent path that the cages of chaos spawn took into the elevator room? It's all overgrown so I guess they were flown in.

Yeah, that is it exactly.

(I was just trying to create the atmosphere of an overgrown hive and didn't think about the logistics of how the spawn were being brought down. A path cut through the growth wouldn't have been that atmospheric.)

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Or the worlds shittiest teleporter, humans step in, chaos spawn step out.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Only way to find out is to reject the daemons offer and continue on with your boss. Since she is heading up there, where all will be explained.

Or run away back to the ship with your daemon host as fugitives who killed your Inquisitor.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Or just kill the daemonhost

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

Or just kill the daemonhost

Never said this wasn't an option.

e: I've just said in the past that if you go for the daemonhost Whitehall would likely join in defending it based out of her loyalty to Banca.

Do also keep in mind that this is a black crusade game, at some point you will be fleeing imperial space to be the new kids on the block in the vortex.

I'm surprised at how level headed and not corrupt you've all been so far.

Werix fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 25, 2016

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I read the Radical's Handbook and they get up to some pretty hosed up stuff. We didn't even make our own Daemonhost, we're hardly the biggest shitlords in the Inquisition.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Skellybones posted:

I read the Radical's Handbook and they get up to some pretty hosed up stuff. We didn't even make our own Daemonhost, we're hardly the biggest shitlords in the Inquisition.

Yeah, I did a bad job at making your Inquisitor be a really bad lady. And that was intentional. I wanted the fall of your characters to be more subtle. Plus if your inquisitor was radical and you all are radical, and the daemonhost is a tool, I couldn't have created the conflict you're currently facing.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Added a new house rule to the second post of the game thread related to mutations

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Pan takes Animal Hybrid (Avian), but he's going to try and hide his slowly growing feathers as long as he can.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
At 12 corruption, due a mutation.

I'd ask if we mutate before or after XP spend, but it seems a little early in Tess' fall to get down with the Grandfather enough to align, so I'll pick up some Unaligned goodies and wait for 20. So that's an unaligned roll, up or down 2.

EDIT: Also, since you asked for XP Xpenditure, I went with Resistance:Fear, Inspire, and Mind Link. We're a team now, yay!

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 13, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jolinaxas posted:

At 12 corruption, due a mutation.

I'd ask if we mutate before or after XP spend, but it seems a little early in Tess' fall to get down with the Grandfather enough to align, so I'll pick up some Unaligned goodies and wait for 20. So that's an unaligned roll, up or down 2.

EDIT: Also, since you asked for XP Xpenditure, I went with Resistance:Fear, Inspire, and Mind Link. We're a team now, yay!

I guess I will leave that up to the players on if they want it before or after EXP spending. Basically ill look at your sheet once you post 'I'm at the mutation threshold" so if you want it to be post EXP, change your sheet and then tell me you passed a the threshold.

I'll just post your rolls here.

First roll: 100! So that will be 98-02 for choices of warpsight, wreathed in chaos, or addiction.
Second roll: 87, so a range of 85-89 so strange walk or tail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Going for Wreathed In Chaos, I suppose there's only so much her equipment can do to contain the warp bullshit spilling out of the holes in her soul, heh. Also, it will turn to flies once I align, which is awesome.

• Locked thread