Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Homestar Runner posted:

laffo why do ppl post their workout numbers

on Rich Kyanka's Wacky Comedy Forum, of all places

what is the end game :psyduck:

This forum actually used to have a good community in TFLC.

Now everybody is dead, married, or weak.

Except me. I am the last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
no one, and i mean no one, gives a single gently caress/poo poo about how much you lift in whatever fashion

go to the gym and lift the heaviest poo poo possible and unrack your weights afterwards and dont be a loving idiot

or dont do those thing post in YLLS and be a fuccboi retard idiot.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Defiant Sally posted:

I'm married but getting stronger :3:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Pesmerga posted:

I'm married but getting stronger :3:

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to use the :3: toward yourself

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to use the :3: toward yourself

Sorry :(

How are you doing by the way, are your knees ok?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
They seem to be doing good, I've managed to complete my squats and lunges the past 2 weeks without having to stop so I think I'm on track.

and here is a :3: for your getting stronger from me. completely legal and above ground

e: i have got to get my loving diet in check though. Every time I get my off weekend I always say I'll go healthy grocery shopping and I either dont, or I do it half rear end. Tomorrow is my last off day for another two weeks, so it's totally going to be the day I do it this time. I can feel it

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

They seem to be doing good, I've managed to complete my squats and lunges the past 2 weeks without having to stop so I think I'm on track.

and here is a :3: for your getting stronger from me. completely legal and above ground

e: i have got to get my loving diet in check though. Every time I get my off weekend I always say I'll go healthy grocery shopping and I either dont, or I do it half rear end. Tomorrow is my last off day for another two weeks, so it's totally going to be the day I do it this time. I can feel it

Have you got a freezer so you could cook stuff in bulk and then defrost it as you need it? There are some good recipes floating around if you need them. And great to hear about your knees, you'll be swole before you know it. :getin:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
A small freezer, yeah. I may just buy a lot of chicken breast and some pork and beef roasts for the crock pot tomorrow as well as several Tupperware bowls. That should get me started at least.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Homestar Runner posted:

acute body dysmorphia , brother

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Homestar Runner posted:

It's funny because i lifted so much i ran out of weights to lift you idiot baby man.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
im going to lift an indeterminate amount of weights tonight and i will not tell u guys how much....

but its gonna be a lot

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i'm only going to lift very small weights. don't want to accidentally get too buff

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

LordArgh posted:

i'm only going to lift very small weights. don't want to accidentally get too buff

It's all about toning.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Defiant Sally posted:

Only socially inept goons would read this and post, "not me! I'm a special snowflake, let me tell you how!" instead of "it's a shame what happened to those people"

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
... welcome to the something awful forums, please enjoy your stay.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Only socially inept goons would read this and post, "not me! I'm a special snowflake, let me tell you how!" instead of "it's a shame what happened to those people"

What is it like? On the outside?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
So I got 1 more year before 30. My bench is still awful and not getting better. Counting the days for roids.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I started on my 30th birthday :D

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Bent over, pants down - he taps the syringe 'like they do on TV' to get the air bubbles out. He takes a deep breath, then another, and bears down. Happy Birthday, Self he croaks through gritted teeth and then stabs the needle into his bare buttock.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I tried front squats today and the barbell hurts my shoulder. Is it supposed to? I remember back squats used to make my traps hurt too but now I don't even feel it there anymore.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Which is the forum where they'd bend over backwards for a chance to blow Mark Rippetoe?

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Which is the forum where they'd bend over backwards for a chance to blow Mark Rippetoe?

Watch & Weight circa 2005-2008

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

notZaar posted:

I tried front squats today and the barbell hurts my shoulder. Is it supposed to? I remember back squats used to make my traps hurt too but now I don't even feel it there anymore.

You get used to it with front squats too. Just let the bar rest nice and soft with a couple fingers holding the bar.

Gotta do stud makers though. Power clean to front squat to press. Death by iron

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Batterypowered7 posted:

That poo poo is so played out, we're all about $40 ebook diets now

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

buddhanc posted:

You get used to it with front squats too. Just let the bar rest nice and soft with a couple fingers holding the bar.

Gotta do stud makers though. Power clean to front squat to press. Death by iron

I had to do crossed arms because holding it with my elbows out (even with just two fingers) meant my elbows were 45° down.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer
Crossed arm style best style, been doing it that way for years.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Proper clean grip gets more meat under the bar, and creates better posture. Crossed grip turns your shoulders inwards which encourages slumping forward.

Work towards clean grip, once it clicks it feels so much better. Added 5kg to my front squat overnight.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
5kg? I take bigger shits than that more often than not

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Is this where I come to post my garbage workout and get made fun of?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Batterypowered7 posted:

No, we're all supportive of everyone's garbage workouts here. You're doing a great job.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Batterypowered7 posted:

We can just skip the part about posting your garbage workout/stats and move right into mocking you, if that's ok.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Zahgaegun posted:

We can just skip the part about posting your garbage workout/stats and move right into mocking you, if that's ok.

And sodomizing you with salami. What gauge do you prefer?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Zahgaegun posted:

That's acceptable.

Booties posted:

And sodomizing you with salami. What gauge do you prefer?

Oh, oh no. I replied before I saw this.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Just don't post any numbers, it triggers some folks round these parts and we don't cotton to that

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Defiant Sally posted:

*hasn't reported a weight in TFLC since April 16*

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

notZaar posted:

5kg? I take bigger shits than that more often than not

But do your shits increase 5kg by changing how you position your arms?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Batterypowered7 posted:

That's acceptable.

Oh, oh no. I replied before I saw this.

Everyone accepts the sodomsalami eventually.

Burritos also work. Carne asada only.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
pico de gallo in carne asada burritos count as a serving of vegetables imho

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Currently back to 193. Getting like 3600 calories a day probably. Lots of burgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

pico de gallo in carne asada burritos count as a serving of vegetables imho

They also count as a serving of vegetables outside of a burrito.

• Locked thread