Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Now y'all have got me combing through all the soundtracks of Sonic games I've never played. Let's see if that Riders series has anything worth listening to--

:stare:

:rock: IIIIIIII'M FALLING FREE, IN THE WIND, IN THE WIND :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Spergatory posted:

The main battle theme is only bad by virtue of being used for nearly every drat fight in the game.

Also, you rarely get to hear more than the beginning of the song, which gets really old really fast.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fred is on posted:

Also, you rarely get to hear more than the beginning of the song, which gets really old really fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Vsc2m0fZ0

EDIT I clicked this open to make sure it was the right one and I swear I had some kind of nam flashback.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Sep 18, 2016

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

SupSuper posted:

Sorry but this is the only good unleashed music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yODLkaF8F-Y

I can imagine the composer or whatever had to say "Okay, let's do it again, but this time pretend like you're in a middle school band."

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

SupSuper posted:

Sorry but this is the only good unleashed music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yODLkaF8F-Y

More sonic games need their own version of the Rank E theme.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Geostomp posted:

Thirding it. The first episode seemed to have potential until that brat showed up and was declared the star.

I remember someone telling me that I'd love the episodes where they did the Sonic Adventure plotlines. But then that person told me that an annoying human child replaced all the important character lines, like Amy convincing Shadow to actually help people, so I never gave it a shot. Good to know I didn't miss anything.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So Sonic 1 is on "South Island" and Sonic CD is on "Little Planet" while Sonic 3 travels to "Angel Island"

Where is Sonic 2 situated in the Sonic lore?

Cobalt Chloride posted:

I remember someone telling me that I'd love the episodes where they did the Sonic Adventure plotlines. But then that person told me that an annoying human child replaced all the important character lines, like Amy convincing Shadow to actually help people, so I never gave it a shot. Good to know I didn't miss anything.
I think of all the things Sonic has done people debate, him interacting with humans is the actual objective worst.

But not him interacting with real worldish architecture, just to be clear. I never played any of the Dreamcast games (I hate basically all early 3d console stuff) and I was blown away when I got to Speed Highway in generations. It just works so well.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sonic 2 takes place on west island

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sonic said he was heading to the concession stand but that was 35 minutes ago and he had the keys to the car.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

a.lo posted:

Sonic said he was heading to the concession stand but that was 35 minutes ago and he had the keys to the car.

Which island was this on

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Unnamed 2017 "Product not yet rated by the ESRB" Sonic project Island

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Stairmaster posted:

sonic 2 takes place on west island

It actually is West Side Island. And S4 was 'Mirage Island'

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sonic Generations 2 confirmed to just be remakes of Sonic spinoffs: Spinball, Shuffle, R, and Battle.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Sonic 4 isn't real

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Sonic Generations 2 confirmed to just be remakes of Sonic spinoffs: Spinball, Shuffle, R, and Battle.

Schoolhouse will be DLC, sadly.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Help my eyes are bleeding

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Sonic can interact with humans. Eggman exists. They just have to match his level of cartoon. Regular people are so jarring that they ruin everything around them.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Kulkasha posted:

This is incredible. Where did you get it from? It's my new desktop.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kulkasha posted:

rip shibuya sega joyopolis

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SonicRulez posted:

Sonic can interact with humans. Eggman exists. They just have to match his level of cartoon. Regular people are so jarring that they ruin everything around them.
Robotnik is an Eggman, not a Human

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

SonicRulez posted:

sonicelisekiss.mpeg

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

SonicRulez posted:

Sonic Unleashed did this best, where the humans looked like they were out of a Pixar film and meshed well with Sonic and co.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The gems of my collection. The Sonic gems collection, if you will.

Sonic 3 cover slip signed by Jun Senoue. In this game he did the gumball machine bonus stage music. You know how the music for the bonus stage goes way longer than you could actually stay in it? He was brought onto the project very late to fill in this small gap in the music.

Sonic 1 is signed by Shinya Arino, the Game Center CX Kachou, from when he did the San Francisco trip. We also exchanged business cards! :3:

Sonic Crackers reproduction cartridge. I couldn't settle on the Genesis cover or Mega Drive cover so I printed both. If you try to play the game on a real system it will crash on the title screen after a second due to an audio programming issue. You must start the game quickly, making level select or 2-player difficult.
I showed Jun Senoue Sonic Crackers on a PSP and he flipped out that the game was still in existence anywhere. He was very tight-lipped about my questions regarding it and Knuckles Chaotix. He demanded we take a picture together and I will make sure no one ever sees it because I am making the dumbest face. He also gave me a guitar pick with lives in the Sonic 3 box.

Thanks for reading!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

sonic says not to resale. if you resale you are up against sonic.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

DizzyBum posted:

I can imagine the composer or whatever had to say "Okay, let's do it again, but this time pretend like you're in a middle school band."

At a guess, they swapped instruments, a la these guys.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Heran Bago posted:

The gems of my collection. The Sonic gems collection, if you will.

Sonic 3 cover slip signed by Jun Senoue. In this game he did the gumball machine bonus stage music. You know how the music for the bonus stage goes way longer than you could actually stay in it? He was brought onto the project very late to fill in this small gap in the music.

Sonic 1 is signed by Shinya Arino, the Game Center CX Kachou, from when he did the San Francisco trip. We also exchanged business cards! :3:

Sonic Crackers reproduction cartridge. I couldn't settle on the Genesis cover or Mega Drive cover so I printed both. If you try to play the game on a real system it will crash on the title screen after a second due to an audio programming issue. You must start the game quickly, making level select or 2-player difficult.
I showed Jun Senoue Sonic Crackers on a PSP and he flipped out that the game was still in existence anywhere. He was very tight-lipped about my questions regarding it and Knuckles Chaotix. He demanded we take a picture together and I will make sure no one ever sees it because I am making the dumbest face. He also gave me a guitar pick with lives in the Sonic 3 box.

Thanks for reading!

That Sonic Crackers art is pretty rad. Where's it from?
Someone should make a Sonic Stadium (Sega's name for it) logo too, that'd be neat.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

That Sonic Crackers art is pretty rad. Where's it from?
Someone should make a Sonic Stadium (Sega's name for it) logo too, that'd be neat.

Discendo Vox posted:

Sonic Studium
:goonsay:

The art is originally from an internal SEGA magazine called Harmony. It could later also be found in Sonic Jam and a Sonic screensaver. In Japan you could buy this screensaver at retail (lol) and in the west it came with the Sonic and Knuckles PC collection.

More here: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_The_Screen_Saver#Shared_Art

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
No chillidog, immersion ruined.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

SonicRulez posted:

I don't really get weirded out by it myself but humans shouldn't be a focus at all, keep them in the background and poo poo

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Kulkasha posted:

Holky poo poo @ this Lisa frank and sonic mash up

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Kulkasha posted:

This much concentrated 90's can do permanent damage to your retinas.

legoman727 posted:

Sonic Unleashed did this best, where the humans looked like they were out of a Pixar film and meshed well with Sonic and co.

They were also very silly and not really concerned about the plot blowing up the world, which is a bonus.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Kulkasha posted:

This picture loving owns where is the "JOYPOLIS" level in Sonic Mania????

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Discendo Vox posted:

From the wikia wiki page for "Earth", ironically looked up in the wake of the South Isle discussion

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

"Bung!" - Wise words from a talking echidna.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Eggman waves furiously, pleading for mercy as Amy's blimp bears down to push him off the rooftop on to the cold, hard pavement below.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Eggman waves furiously, pleading for mercy as Amy's blimp bears down to push him off the rooftop on to the cold, hard pavement below.

Talk about low budget flights. No food or movies?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So I was getting hyped in one of the video comment threads on youtube and I was wondering, how many people here preordered the CE when they don't normally preorder games?

My last PO was the d2 expansion.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Nah, I don't like having bits of random tat around the place. Still psyched for the game though; I shall be pre-ordering and pre-loading that as soon as I am able.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Weird that Sonic 2017 is announced for NX but Mania isn't. I hope it comes to that or Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

SeANMcBAY posted:

Weird that Sonic 2017 is announced for NX but Mania isn't. I hope it comes to that or Wii U.

I think people have said before that the reason for this is probably that a smaller dev team, like the one working on Mania, might not get the NX so far in advance, while Sonic Team probably does. So it'll probably come out for the NX, but maybe not at launch.