Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Do you realize how much hoop jumping you need to do to convince yourself that nominating someone with her horrible personal popularity numbers is "wisdom?" The reason political parties exist is to win elections.

She is winning, you goddamned moron.

When she wins, all of this unfavorability bullshit will go away, just like it has every other time she won a position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Dexo posted:

Yeah. that's why an entire raw Tomato is like 27 calories.

The problem with sugary drinks isn't the fact that there is Sugar and carbs in it. It's the fact that those calories are empty as poo poo. Tomato's at least have Nutrients that the body needs to go along with the 4g of sugar. Also how many people just eat an entire cup of cherry red tomatoes.

No, dude, having some random vitamins and minerals in there doesn't do anything to make the calories "better". If that were true we could force all soda manufacturers to slap a couple cents of multivitamin in their drinks and call it healthy.

You gotta remember that long term lack of vitamins and minerals is extremely uncommon in the US these days, and tends to crop up only in the very poor who can't afford enough to eat period, and people who are on really off the wall diets like veganism or hardcore no-carb. Because those excessive dietary restricitons tend to mean you'll miss out on a few key nutrients.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zanzibar Ham posted:

If only Bernie won the primaries all the xenophobic Islamophobic misogynistic fascists would be polling Democrat right now.

Can people stop saying this. The bigoted shithead Bernouts were a tiny vocal minority compared to all the Bernie supporters who are now backing Hillary. And I think the racists would still support Trump in a Bernie vs. Trump race.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Dexo posted:

Yeah. that's why an entire cup of raw Tomatoes are like 27 calories.

The problem with sugary drinks isn't the fact that there is Sugar and carbs in it. It's the fact that those calories are empty as poo poo. Tomato's at least have Nutrients that the body needs to go along with the 4g of sugar. Also how many people just eat an entire cup of cherry red tomatoes.

Koreans.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 202 days!

Dexo posted:

It isn't just a matter of how "empty" the calories are, though. Your body does need calories from carbs to run, unless you're doing some Atkins gimmick. But getting them from raw sugar or processed wheat is very different than getting them from something that actually takes your body a little while to digest instead of triggering a huge insulin release five minutes after being consumed.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Donkwich posted:

Can people stop saying this. The bigoted shithead Bernouts were a tiny vocal minority compared to all the Bernie supporters who are now backing Hillary. And I think the racists would still support Trump in a Bernie vs. Trump race.

I think it's more saying that the people voting for Trump are not people you want to ally with.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Donkwich posted:

I think that's the point.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

WampaLord posted:

She is winning, you goddamned moron.

When she wins, all of this unfavorability bullshit will go away, just like it has every other time she won a position.

She is winning, barely, and trending down. But this was a unique chance, with the GOP having nominated the worst candidate in US presidential history, for a wave election to win a senate majority that won't just be flipped in 2018 and to have major gains in the house but that isn't going to happen even if she wins.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

fishmech posted:

Yes it does, because having a few vitamins in there does fuckin nothing to keep those calories from working.

You're going to get fat drinking 1000 calories of that juice just as you would drinking 1000 calories of soda.

Uh huh sure SSBs are the same as fruit juice. This is dumb even for you.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Donkwich posted:

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. I actually wasn't thinking about Bernouts but current Trump supporters.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Someone posted a screenshot if a site a while back that had the various swing states and the amount of "paths to victory" for each candidate if x state and y state went red or blue. Anyone know the site?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

mcmagic posted:

She is winning, barely, and trending down. But this was a unique chance, with the GOP having nominated the worst candidate in US presidential history, for a wave election to win a senate majority that won't just be flipped in 2018 and to have major gains in the house but that isn't going to happen even if she wins.

Her trend lines are heading back up

But you think Gore could win this election, so I don't know why I'm treating you as a not insane person

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

CascadeBeta posted:

Someone posted a screenshot if a site a while back that had the various swing states and the amount of "paths to victory" for each candidate if x state and y state went red or blue. Anyone know the site?
It's NY Times. You'll have to scroll down a bit.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/presidential-polls-forecast.html

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

theflyingorc posted:

But you think Gore could win this election, so I don't know why I'm treating you as a not insane person

Not just "Gore could win" but "Post 2000 Gore".

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

CascadeBeta posted:

Pretty sure it was the NYT Upshot and/or 538 chart.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Dexo posted:

The problem with sugary drinks is that it's easy to drink one of those but hard to eat 11 tomatoes.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
look i know you hate the poo poo out of Clinton, and i cant even say that youre wrong to do so, but if youre pining for the days of Al "Lockbox" Gore then you should probably take a step back and breathe a little bit before you start rending your flesh and pleading with the heavens for Hubert Humphrey to save you

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Night10194 posted:

Not just "Gore could win" but "Post 2000 Gore".

Gore not only has HUGE negatives from Republicans, he's got the stink of loser on him. This isn't the early 1900s, you can't lose and run again

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

theflyingorc posted:

Against Trump? Of course he could win.

theflyingorc posted:

Gore not only has HUGE negatives from Republicans, he's got the stink of loser on him. This isn't the early 1900s, you can't lose and run again

You gotta find a bigger font for her negatives.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

How does one anglicise the Korean pronunciation of "Tomato" anyway?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bashez posted:

The problem with sugary drinks is that it's easy to drink one of those but hard to eat 11 tomatoes.

yeah that was my last point. How many people just eat an entire loving cup of tomatoes at a time.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Yup that was it, and sure as poo poo, it base has Trump with a 4% chance to win. If you give Hilldawg Colorado, Trump's down to 4 paths to win, and then if she gets both Wisconsin and Colorado, Trump has one way to tie.

That's a great way to nip arzying in the bud! Thanks!

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Dexo posted:

yeah that was my last point. How many people just eat an entire loving cup of tomatoes at a time.

Are we talking full-sized tomatoes or those little baby tomatoes?

'Cause I can go to town on those.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
RIP Chris Christie

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
It's hard to eat a shitton of tomatoes because tomatoes are like 80% water.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dexo posted:

im the guy sitting at his desk and sipping from a can of tomato sauce

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

mcmagic posted:

Your worldview is very, very stupid.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Dexo posted:

I almost always have a big handful of grape tomatoes with dinner.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

mcmagic posted:

"Hah! They nominated that idiot Bush! This'll be a walkover!" *Runs away from Clinton, loses*

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

You mean our next AG?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

:toot: Couldn't have happened to a nicer rear end in a top hat.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
mcmagic's really just upset that the Dems didn't nominate Cory Booker.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Such a petty rear end in a top hat. Nice to see it catch up with him.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

mcmagic's really just upset that the Dems didn't nominate Cory Booker.

america isnt ready for a president who will tweet at strippers from the oval office

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Azuth0667 posted:

Uh huh sure SSBs are the same as fruit juice. This is dumb even for you.

Drinking a lot of fruit juice is really bad for you, if you consider sodas to be really bad for you. Drinking a bunch of vitamin A or C with your 1000 calories doesn't change that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

paranoid randroid posted:

america isnt ready for a president who will tweet at strippers from the oval office

Gotta secure the male Black Twitter vote.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

paranoid randroid posted:

The complaint that his opponent leveled at him was that he didn't tweet at strippers enough. (Maybe he is a homo? Just asking questions.)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

is there anywhere where I can read a summary of international and domestic trade? I'm curious about manufacturing moving back to the States in small portions, I saw it on a previous page. it's the one thing I have little to no information on since people are still talking about emails and such

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

fishmech posted:

Drinking a lot of fruit juice is really bad for you, if you consider sodas to be really bad for you. Drinking a bunch of vitamin A or C with your 1000 calories doesn't change that.

Have you ever not been horrifically pedantic or moving goal posts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/leezeldin/status/777897972499488768

Jesus Christ This Take just melted my monitor.

• Locked thread