Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Doctor J Off posted:

Trailer park boys is really funny but it feels like cheating to include foreign programming considering how universally bad American TV is

meanwhile trailer park boys has been the only watchable television to come out of Canada that isn't a blatant ripoff of an already existing American show for 15 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I like the "stoner" humor in shows like Workaholics, Broad City and Idiotsitter. You should check them out OP

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Jebediah posted:

The Eric Andre Show

It's this.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Doctor J Off posted:

Trailer park boys is really funny but it feels like cheating to include foreign programming considering how universally bad American TV is

90% of Canadian shows are trash

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eric Andre is funny for about 1% of it's air time. But that 1% is usually very funny. The rest of the show is basically a millennial Tom Green but somehow with less subtilty.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Rick and Morty
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The Eric Andre Show

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
It's Veep you morons.

I like archer but half the seasons are pretty much garbage though i thought the latest one was a big step back in the right direction

Always sunny is good but so long that it has quite a few stinkers too.

R&M couldnt even sustain its quality into a second season so lol

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Paranormal Survivor, its on the Destination America channel. A channel that was supposed to be about vacationing in America but now it is 100% ghosts, bigfoots, and UFOs.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

It's Veep you morons.

I like archer but half the seasons are pretty much garbage though i thought the latest one was a big step back in the right direction

Always sunny is good but so long that it has quite a few stinkers too.

R&M couldnt even sustain its quality into a second season so lol

Veep is not as funny as Paranormal Survivor sorry try again thanks :smug:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Have you tried my dick op? Seems to make girls laugh.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i like bob's burgers too. it's not always funny in fact many of the eps of pretty mediocre-to-cringy but at it's best it reminds me a lot of classic era simpsons.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Veep is bad, I couldn't get through the first episode.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

JakeP posted:

meanwhile trailer park boys has been the only watchable television to come out of Canada that isn't a blatant ripoff of an already existing American show for 15 years

Well I guess it all comes full circle considering that American TV is all ripped off of British TV shows

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Doctor J Off posted:

Well I guess it all comes full circle considering that American TV is all ripped off of British TV shows

i guess that would explain why American TV sucks

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
except America owns UK and Canada. Why else would Gordon Ramsey have abandoned lovely rear end England to just make American shows

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Naked and afraid is p funny. Especially when they have creeps on there and poo poo which is like 90% of the episodes. Then they had that one where everybody found fruit and nuts and fish in like 6 hours and they were just eating and bathing and having gay butt sex like what this is easy what's up with all the drama queens. :shrug:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

notZaar posted:

Veep is bad, I couldn't get through the first episode.

im sorry i guess ? not really it's actually your loss

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

notZaar posted:

How are these even on the same level in your head

Archer is the cartoon equivalent of a loud drunk rear end in a top hat screaming jokes he heard in stand-up specials

I thought the same thing after watching the first 1 or 2 episodes; but a friend convinced me to keep watching and I've thanked him since. Except for one or two seasons it's pretty good.

Same thing happened with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Watched one episode on a plane and, without knowing everyone's personality, it just came across as a really annoying group of very loud people in an unfunny show. I mean, they are still annoying and loud, but they crack me up. Maybe I'm broken.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i judge all long running popular tv shows by watching 10 minutes of the pilot hth

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I find it difficult to enjoy always Sunny because I hate all the characters and don't care what happens to them. At least the Arrested Development family has pathos.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Always Sunny is funny because unlike most sitcoms the arrogant pricks actually get what's coming to them and lose every time.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i liked parks and rec (:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

Always Sunny is funny because unlike most sitcoms the arrogant pricks actually get what's coming to them and lose every time.

Somebody obviously never saw the Seinfeld series finale.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

I find it difficult to enjoy always Sunny because I hate all the characters and don't care what happens to them. At least the Arrested Development family has pathos.

they are deplorable that's kind of the point i dont think youre supposed to like them very much and so when they do horrible stuff and it works out badly for them it feels good. mac and charlie are kinda endearing to me though. they balance out dennis/dee a bit.

the yelling/screaming can get old but the gas crisis episode for example is loving hilarious

in other words

notZaar posted:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I want to see Always Sunny style special where Sheldon of big bang loses all his friends and colleagues because they finally got tired of his uptight arrogant attitude and endless sniping.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

I want to see Always Sunny style special where Sheldon of big bang loses all his friends and colleagues because they finally got tired of his uptight arrogant attitude and endless sniping.

They did that episode but he won them back in the next one (it was a two-parter).

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Venture Bros. is alright but it takes them forever to make episodes.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Mac driving Dee's car straight into a brick wall and then suffering a concussion for the rest of the episode is probably the greatest moment in It's Always Sunny, which is why it will always be my favorite comedy show.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
that chick on two broke girls has some BIGGGGGG OL TITTAYS is that show still on? I'd probably watch most anythign with her in it if she showed off them knockers more :q:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

TwoStepBoog posted:

Mac driving Dee's car straight into a brick wall and then suffering a concussion for the rest of the episode is probably the greatest moment in It's Always Sunny, which is why it will always be my favorite comedy show.

The greatest moment in Always Sunny is Dennis trying to explain his sociopathic "implication" boat gambit to Mac.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Always Sunny
Eric Andre
Silicon Valley (midway Season 3 is kind of a lull though)
Broad City (same problem as Silicon Valley)
Difficult People (it's on Hulu, it's very Curb-esque, it's funny as hell)
that new show by Brad Neely

Serviette posted:

I love Archer so very much. The last two seasons haven't been very good though.
last season had some of the funniest moments in years, but goddamn Adam Reed can't do an overarching plot to save his life. the last two episodes were all plot and couldn't stick the landing

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Someone already said impractical jokers, so it seems redundant to say it again. So I will not say again.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

i judge all long running popular tv shows by watching 10 minutes of the pilot hth

nice meltdown

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
roseanne

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

mcvey posted:

Seinfeld reruns

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
always sunny might have its low points but they're few and far between and holy poo poo when that show is good it's incredible

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

yeah its always sunny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOoFqbdr-XY

Dave Stieb
Apr 15, 2010
The news. What will those crazy terrorists get up to this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

firebeats
May 8, 2016

Jebediah posted:

The Eric Andre Show

• Locked thread