Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

reallivedinosaur posted:

those would be the guys he says "YOU'RE FIRED" to

except you can't do that as president

time to learn how the gov works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Romney - 500 generals endorse

Trump - Under 90 endorse

Hillary - CIA endorse

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Nice meltdown

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Rasta_Al posted:

Nice meltdown

nice original material

keep posting catchphrases

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

Robot Pride posted:

nice original material

keep posting catchphrases

"Extremely Careless"

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Robot Pride posted:

except you can't do that as president

he is commander in chief of the armed forces

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Roylicious posted:

Not quantifiable is not the same as 'it's hard to define so it doesn't really matter' which is what was being insinuated. "I'm not sure what is really required or why people care about it :shrug:" is what was said. Maybe a good qualification should be 'not easily trolled by comments making fun of physical quirks like small hands.'

At least Obama had been in public office before.

It's fine for people to care about different things in their preferred president. Heck, you should probably vote based on your preferences!

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what

Robot Pride posted:

i don't understand what the problem is with people fighting for democracy in syria and libya is

were you a gaddafi fan or something? you bros with assad? should these people not be fighting for a better future?

Thank you for your valuable input george double u bush junior.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

reallivedinosaur posted:

he is commander in chief of the armed forces

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-the-military/

quote:

Trump offered that line about “different generals” casually, but it’s not an insignificant claim. As president, Trump’s ability to overhaul the leaders of the military is limited. As commander in chief, he can remove generals from positions but he “doesn’t enjoy Donald Trump-like powers to summarily fire service members,” as Brian Palmer explained for Slate back in 2010 (clearly when “The Apprentice” was still on the air). When President Obama relieved Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal of his command in 2010 after McChrystal gave some ill-advised comments to a reporter, McChrystal retained his rank as a four-star general, until he decided to retire. Trump could seek the counsel of other members of the military’s leadership, but he can’t simply clean house or bring in people from the outside.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Romney - 500 generals endorse

Trump - Under 90 endorse

Hillary - CIA endorse

I wish the CIA, Bush Foreign Policy team, and Henry Kissinger wouldn't endorse Hillary.

It's bad optics.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Robot Pride posted:

i don't understand what the problem is with people fighting for democracy in syria and libya is

were you a gaddafi fan or something? you bros with assad? should these people not be fighting for a better future?

ha ha ha ha ha

you poor naive fool

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Robot Pride posted:

frankly, i'm shocked that trump supporters immediately go to vitriol, ad hominem and wishes of harm on another person rather than logical argument using facts

SHOCKED I TELL YOU

MY WORD!

hillary sucks but chump sucks more

take a picture of your faces to add to this thread when his taxes get leaked...it will happen around the 10th so get your camera ready

Why'd you call him chump if you think ad hominem is bad

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

the washington post can write hit pieces all day, the US president is still the commander in chief of the armed forces

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Robot Pride posted:

welp

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

It's fine for people to care about different things in their preferred president. Heck, you should probably vote based on your preferences!

Sure but let's not pretend like any rear end in a top hat could do a good job because all that's really needed is some conviction and pluck.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

reallivedinosaur posted:

the washington post can write hit pieces all day, the US president is still the commander in chief of the armed forces

spoken like someone who has never served

good insight, bruh

quote:

It’s not clear that Trump recognizes such nuances, though. He has in the past seen the line between the military and the commander in chief as blurrier than it is in reality. During a debate in March, Trump was asked by Fox News’s Bret Baier what he would do if the military refused to carry out his orders to commit acts of torture or target civilians.

“They won’t refuse,” Trump replied. “They’re not going to refuse me. Believe me.”

Buried in all of this are competing instincts: Trump’s lack of interest in being wrong and his great interest in being the boss. He threatens to oust top leaders of the military for little other reason than they were in positions of authority under Obama. While his prepared comments from Tuesday suggested that he would seek the counsel of service members who’d committed decades to protecting America’s interests, he tossed that to the side in favor of not being embarrassed by Matt Lauer, insisting that he still did have his own secret plan. Probably one that involves oil.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Have you ever considered that Trump's badness is not that impressive compared to Hillary's?

Consider for a second that Trump has at worst made some lovely business deals that screwed a bunch of people out of money and housing.
Hillary Clinton has made decisions that have devastated entire countries. Syria and Libya are the latest, and Turkey likely too. That's three entire nations, with thousands dead as a direct result of her decisions.

Who is a lunatic here, exactly?
Ah, the old "What do you have to lose?"

Trump's campaign is a short history of insultingly bad lies, incompetence, burned bridges, naked nepotism, and psychosis...but he hasn't had a chance to gently caress up a government position yet! C'mon, give him a chance.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Believe me.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
it's kinda refreshing to have a hillbot actually lose it outside the hill hugbox

mission accomplished

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Knight posted:

Trump's campaign is a short history of insultingly bad lies, incompetence, burned bridges, naked nepotism, and psychosis...but he hasn't had a chance to gently caress up a government position yet! C'mon, give him a chance.

Actually you should vote Gary Johnson for president in 2016

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

rezatahs posted:

it's kinda refreshing to have a hillbot actually lose it outside the hill hugbox

mission accomplished

hell yeah

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

The intercept is good

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Knight posted:

So just endorse the candidate who already has hosed one up. Gotcha

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

ha ha ha ha ha

you poor naive fool

funny how people who were against the W's Iraq war are repeating the exact same rhetoric for even more military adventures in some middle-eastern poo poo-holes

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

8-Bit Scholar posted:

look at this guy....3rd party in a first past the post system

for his next trick: refuting gravity

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Roylicious posted:

Sure but let's not pretend like any rear end in a top hat could do a good job because all that's really needed is some conviction and pluck.

I think conviction and pluck would be two great traits for our next president, actually.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I will guggle Gary Johnson

Rasta_Al posted:

So just endorse the candidate who already has hosed one up. Gotcha
A campaign is a preview of how a candidate will run the office. I would write-in George W. Bush before I would give Trump a chance, after watching his campaign. It's not a decision.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So Hillary will be distant, make few public appearances, and all leaks from within her administration will be met with mysterious "suicides" "accidents" and "botched robberies"?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Knight posted:

A campaign is a preview of how a candidate will run the office. I would write-in George W. Bush before I would give Trump a chance, after watching his campaign. It's not a decision.

Well a vote for Hillary is a vote for W, so you will get your wish kemosabe.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Has anyone mentioned Hillary's IT drone asking Reddit how to wipe info from email servers using the same username he uses for everything else because lol

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Well a vote for Hillary is a vote for W, so you will get your wish kemosabe.
I thought Hillary was more of the same of Obama, but if Hillary is W, too, then it's all W's all the way down.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can you guys please provision further posts with:

AFFILIATION: HILARY/TRUMP/OTHER

TROLLING: YES/NO

I am getting really confused and I am not exactly smart to begin with.

Thanks!

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Knight posted:

I thought Hillary was more of the same of Obama, but if Hillary is W, too, then it's all W's all the way down.

It's as if Obama, once separated from skin color and party affiliation and the minor details that make one half of the country loathe him instead of the other, has basically pursued the same ends as W.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

It's as if Obama, once separated from skin color and party affiliation and the minor details that make one half of the country loathe him instead of the other, has basically pursued the same ends as W.

there are people that still don't see this at all

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Knight posted:

Trump's campaign has had the misfortune of being calculatingly scrutinized by every single major news outlet, while every single one of Hillary's gaffes disappears down the toilet or is spun into some story about how it's "totally no big deal".

They both suck poo poo my friend.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

I'm with her

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I've still yet to see a single hilldawg sign in a yard

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

GET MY BELT SON posted:

I've still yet to see a single hilldawg sign in a yard

i haven't seen any

in the age of facebook, etc i think most people are beyond ancient campaign methods and it prob makes sense that more trump supporters would have them since his demographic skews to the older crowd that still do caveman type poo poo

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Rasta_Al posted:

Trump's campaign has had the misfortune of being calculatingly scrutinized by every single major news outlet, while every single one of Hillary's gaffes disappears down the toilet or is spun into some story about how it's "totally no big deal".

They both suck poo poo my friend.
Two candidates can be bad and there's still going to be one that's worse. How you judge that is entirely up to you.

For me, it matters that Trump says Obama is the founder of ISIS, then later doubles down on it and Obama is "literally" the founder of ISIS, and even later says he was being sarcastic. His lies are constant and sometimes so nonsensical that they become insulting. The closest thing I can compare it to is when Hillary was claiming she didn't actually faint this 9/11 and just felt dizzy, which is a really dumb lie, but at least I know she's saying that to cover what poor condition she was in. When Trump spends decades pretending to be "John Miller" to promote himself, then admits it later, then denies it again, or when he has his staff try to pass anti-Semitic imagery through their twitter and claim that the Star of David is just a "sheriff's star", or they retweet fake crime statistics from white supremacists and then lie about it, when we can all plainly see the tweets, it paints the picture of someone who is horribly mentally unwell.

That his campaign can't raise funds at the same level of his competition, has gone through 2 previous campaign managers amid controversy and drama with his family, still keeps making insane comments blaming Obama for events that took place before he even held office, or struggles working with him so much that they sometimes have to admit they can't speak for the campaign when acting as campaign spokesperson are pretty illuminating of what his presidency would look like. He should be scrutinized for that and more, because he cultivates an environment of cheap lackeys stabbing each other in the back and scrambling to stay on whatever he's babbling about today before they are replaced by his family members and he funnels more money to himself through the campaign expenses. His complete inexperience, bad policies, and proud ignorance on issues does nothing but repel me, but I'm in NY so he's going to lose this state with or without me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Knight posted:

That his campaign can't raise funds at the same level of his competition

So... Hillary has more rich supporters, since neither lure small donors like Sanders did? How is this a positive exactly?

• Locked thread