Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Pitbulls may be more dangerous as far as breeds go, but at least they are legit dogs. Better than those lovely little yappy fuckers that would not hesitate to tear your fingers off if they had the jaw strength.

"Haha that's Angel, he's a teacup chihuahua. Haha see he thinks he's tough when he nips!"

*Dog is trying to inflict damage because he's poorly trained and retarded.*

"AWW look he thinks he's dangerous!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Tumble posted:

Pitbulls may be more dangerous as far as breeds go, but at least they are legit dogs. Better than those lovely little yappy fuckers that would not hesitate to tear your fingers off if they had the jaw strength.

"Haha that's Angel, he's a teacup chihuahua. Haha see he thinks he's tough when he nips!"

"Chopper, sick balls!"

"gahaha sicked em :A)"

"hahahah you sicked em :)))"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Guy Goodbody posted:

Oh sure, but if that woman had been attacked by four dachshunds, nobody would know about it or care.

You have that backwards friend, that would be an amazing news story and would be world headlines.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tumble posted:

I think a species that can't do serious harm no matter how poorly trained is better than a species that will eat a child if the child doesn't follow the rules of interaction that are specific to that dog type

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
When a little dog tries to attack you its cute because its futile, when a pitbull tries to attack you and 4 people are beating it with metal pipes but it's jaw seems to be getting tighter and you're starting to pass out because of blood loss.... its less cute.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
You guys must live in some incredibly dangerous areas where dogs eat drugs that make them extra-aggressive, because it's really not too hard to raise a dog that is really nice.

All medium to large dogs will be dangerous if you let them run around wild and only train and discipline them with the occasional beating.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 20, 2016

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Tumble posted:

You guys must live in some incredibly dangerous areas where dogs eat drugs that make them extra-aggressive, because it's really not too hard to raise a dog that is really nice.

in Littlerock, CA this may actually be the truth. Like I said, methville central with a couple dozen milion dollar compounds owned by totally not druglords.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

In the grim future of post-pitbull ban America, packs of feral weenie dogs roam uncontested and tear old ladies apart with impunity, humans cower behind their 2-foot fences

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Tumble posted:

All medium to large dogs will be dangerous if you let them run around wild and only train and discipline them with the occasional beating.

said every owner of a pitbull that tore someone to shreds

naem
May 29, 2011

Tumble posted:

This is true and I totally agree except for the fact that most people are complete idiots

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Tumble posted:

all of this makes much more sense when you take into account that Lowtax has pitbulls.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tumble posted:

Here we go. Were circling back to the first thread. What is your opinion on the statistics?

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The only thing worse than gang members training pit bulls to fight are dopey hipsters and bleeding heart types adopting pit bulls to show "they're totally not bad dogs honest!".

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

naem posted:

This is true and I totally agree except for the fact that most people are complete idiots

Yea but I'm still more scared by an 80 year old driver than I am the pitbull chasing balls in a park.

Also other dog breeds kill people too, they just don't make as good of a story. If German Shepherd tears a toddler apart it's just a tragedy, when a pitbull does it it's a Big Story.

I don't even think pitties are that great of a breed but it's silly to think they're monsters.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Here's one. Every joke and arguement used ITT so far.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3752726&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Eat fresh

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Darth123123 posted:

Here we go. Were circling back to the first thread. What is your opinion on the statistics?

"The Statistics"? I can dig up plenty of statistics labeling "Hornets" and "Choking On Food" as more dangerous than all dog breed bites put together but I can't imagine they'd gain much traction with an already established viewpoint someone else has formed.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tumble posted:

"The Statistics"? I can dig up plenty of statistics labeling "Hornets" and "Choking On Food" as more dangerous than all dog breed bites put together but I can't imagine they'd gain much traction with an already established viewpoint someone else has formed.

Dogges man, were talking dogs. Focus. Pit bulls are the topic.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Darth123123 posted:

Dogges man, were talking dogs. Focus. Pit bulls are the topic.

Oh I love dogs! They are neat beasts. Iike lab-mixes but any medium sized dog that likes a petting is good in my book!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Flesh Forge posted:

all of this makes much more sense when you take into account that Lowtax has pitbulls.

too late his daughter already got pitbulled
:nms:
https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/667517650944180224
:nms:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Tumble posted:

the reasoning present here: you can make a nice dog mean with violence therefore you can domesticate a dangerous animal into a safe house pet with kindness
you are the type that thinks an ape would make a great pet companion and then it literally rips your friends acquaintances face off and this surprises you

siberian silver tail fox experiment 1960s:
"can being nice to a newborn animal overrule dangerous instincts they may possess" no, it is conclusively proven that dangerous instincts overrule the perceived kindness

dog domestication: done crudely through breeding over many many many generations, not "hey lets be nice to a wolf pup and then we will instantly have cuddly friendly dogs
over time domestication of dogs manifested behaviorally in pushing back onset of adulthood instincts, making adult dogs like wolf cubs, and in giving the animals an affinity for humans

this may come as a shock to you but this sort of thing has actually occurred to scientists as something to study.
you are wrong. your ideas are proven wrong and thus there is really no discussion about it

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

gary oldmans diary posted:

the reasoning present here: you can make a nice dog mean with violence therefore you can domesticate a dangerous animal into a safe house pet with kindness
you are the type that thinks an ape would make a great pet companion and then it literally rips your friends acquaintances face off and this surprises you

siberian silver tail fox experiment 1960s:
"can being nice to a newborn animal overrule dangerous instincts they may possess" no, it is conclusively proven that dangerous instincts overrule the perceived kindness

dog domestication: done crudely through breeding over many many many generations, not "hey lets be nice to a wolf pup and then we will instantly have cuddly friendly dogs
over time domestication of dogs manifested behaviorally in pushing back onset of adulthood instincts, making adult dogs like wolf cubs, and in giving the animals an affinity for humans

this may come as a shock to you but this sort of thing has actually occurred to scientists as something to study.
you are wrong. your ideas are proven wrong and thus there is really no discussion about it

This is a good point and wasn't raised before I don't think in any thread

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0vGsyprO54&t=49s

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Pitbulls? More like shitbulls!

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Flesh Forge posted:

In the grim future of post-pitbull ban America, packs of feral weenie dogs roam uncontested and tear old ladies apart with impunity, humans cower behind their 2-foot fences

Lol so adorable!

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I want some of these salads. They look delicious.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

This is a good point and wasn't raised before I don't think in any thread
sorry you dont get to be the 1 to say smart things
maybe there should be a study about why that is

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Soodonim posted:

Unless they've been raised wrong they are great with people and kids

Yeah great at attacking those people and kids

way to be part of the problem

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

:iceburn:

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ScorpioMajesty posted:

I want some of these salads. They look delicious.

Most of them look like p. Weak dole bagged salads

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pitbulls are so dangerous because there's a special mechanism in their jaw that prevents them from being able to have owners who aren't poo poo people obsessed with owning a murderdog instead of the many other breeds that aren't predisposed to tear a toddler's face off.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ouchie

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

The only good dog is a dead dog!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

My sister's pitbull jumped up on an outdoor table and ate an ant bait trap that was put there because someone had left a can of soda out overnight. The trap got replaced and set under a heavy rock, and the dog walked in circles around the table sniffing hard and whimpering cause it couldn't take the new one.

They're pretty doges, but stupid.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
I live in a neighborhood with a ton of kids and on Halloween last year a brave pit owner was out trotting his kill dog around a sea of children to prove a point or something. He finally left after some dad started screaming at him that the if the dog so much as barked he would shoot the dog and him. Texas isn't all bad sometimes.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure the dad would have come out a hero, executing a dog in front of a group of children.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hero dad saves children from murder dog. The only thing better would be if dad was an off duty cop and the dog was black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Didn't Lowtax use to have golden retrievers? What happened to them?

Did the pitbulls eat them? :(

• Locked thread