Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gonna assume by town youre limiting that to major u.s. cities or something because many wrestlers are local heroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

quote:

Welp I thought after this pipe bomb and threatening to leave I would have a lot of colleagues on my side who have been hosed over but that didn't seem like the case. The whole room was fell into deafening silence, many with confused expressions. I returned to my work and when I finished my manager pulled me aside and said I shouldn't come into work tomorrow while he forwards a case to HR in regards to disciplinary issues.

It looks like I will get fired now boys, but drat it felt good to get it off my chest. I am looking online frantically whether or not termination from my job will negatively affect any future job prospects. Does anyone else have experience with this? Shall I lawyer up?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

gonna assume by town youre limiting that to major u.s. cities or something because many wrestlers are local heroes

Those are all posers, though. We all know there is only ONE true Local Hero:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH-U8jIjIRM

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Hard to believe someone could get fired for cutting a promo at work in which they call people douchebags

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I doubt any wrestler could be really a sports hero of a town. I would assume most people don't even really know where most wrestlers are from due to gimmick locations.

Minnesota elected a wrestler governor of the entire state

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I doubt any wrestler could be really a sports hero of a town. I would assume most people don't even really know where most wrestlers are from due to gimmick locations.

I take it you've never been to Flair Country

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Benne posted:

Ricky Steamboat famously never turned heel. I think he said he would've liked to do a heel run at some point but promoters just didn't want to risk it because he was such a natural babyface.

He said that in his second WWF run, where he was simply called "The Dragon" he went to Patterson and asked if he could turn heel, since he hated the fire breathing gimmick (he said it was impossible to breathe after having a mouthful of gas). Patterson told him that they could send him out there with a chainsaw to cut someone's head off, and the crowd still wouldn't boo him.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Dario the Wop posted:

I returned to my work

lmao

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Davros1 posted:

He said that in his second WWF run, where he was simply called "The Dragon" he went to Patterson and asked if he could turn heel, since he hated the fire breathing gimmick (he said it was impossible to breathe after having a mouthful of gas). Patterson told him that they could send him out there with a chainsaw to cut someone's head off, and the crowd still wouldn't boo him.

Steamboat is, in my opinion anyway, the most pure-blooded babyface there ever was.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
His real name is Dick Blood.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

His real name is Dick Blood.

i know

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bonnie Boatsmoke

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Platypus Farm posted:

Steamboat is, in my opinion anyway, the most pure-blooded babyface there ever was.
wasn't that the von erichs?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Ricky Steamboat turned heel in his sole TNA appearance

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Davros1 posted:

Jesus, I hope he wasn't actually using gas. There are a lot of pretty safe odorless/tasteless fuels that fire breathers use, like paraffin. Some just use strong liquor.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

vince mchitler

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Yeah can I get a McHitler combo with curly fries tia

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Hitler too wanted control of grappleman tv shows.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Mob posted:

Yeah can I get a McHitler combo with curly fries tia

McHitler is the best-selling burger at Hogan's Beach, brother.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

TinTower posted:

Hitler too wanted control of grappleman tv shows.

Judenrein Wrestling was a great organization putting on a great weekly product, and it got cut down in its prime

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i can't believe there's a good post on that site

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Those are both legitimate concerns vs wrestling fans, not critiques of the wrestlers themselves.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
How would WWE even re-write TNA history?

'Actually, it was even shittier than you thought!'

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

"Wyatts inspired Matt Hardy"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
A new "Monday Night Wars" series where you can hear Keith David get up and leave the recording booth midway through the first episode.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Blue dot over Christian Cage's face

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

They kept AJ Styles locked in a cage towed behind a pickup and only let him out to wrestle.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
WWE's telling of TNA's history would just be a dramatic reading by former TNA guys of the LOLTNA page.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WE JUST NEED GOATEES

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh man if that poor fucker is just now getting into Impact then I kinda feel for him.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

flashy_mcflash posted:

WE JUST NEED GOATEES

this is probably my favorite Mecca take ever

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

this is probably my favorite Mecca take ever

It's from (Goatee)NAsylum, but same difference. I believe Eco Bro was one of their staff writers for a time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DJExile posted:

Oh man if that poor fucker is just now getting into Impact then I kinda feel for him.

I interpreted that as "haven't watched this week's yet".

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
A mustache is just a lip goatee really.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Bully Ray and his sweet goatee coming back to the impact zone to take his rightful place as the cool anti-hero of TNA

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

move over weird al

image hosting 10mb limit

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I can't even BEGIN to make that work.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FB comment on WWE post about CoC posted:

Rusev you loose your manch now shere your pictures stupid man always sex with Lana your no more strong go sleep