Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Wait, is that a remake of the old first person space RTS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Collateral Damage posted:

Wait, is that a remake of the old first person space RTS?
No, its a remake of the game that was a remake of, the old vector arcade game.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Feral Rights got a permanent discount and is currently also on sale on the store for $9.99.

That's more in line with how much it probably should've cost from the beginning and now I'm considering pulling the trigger on it.

Also everyone who bought it at $50 is getting these games for free:
AirMech Command
Damaged Core
Defense Grid VR
Chronos
Edge of Nowhere
The Climb

Wow.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

w00tazn posted:

Feral Rights got a permanent discount and is currently also on sale on the store for $9.99.

That's more in line with how much it probably should've cost from the beginning and now I'm considering pulling the trigger on it.

AirMech Command
Damaged Core
Defense Grid VR
Chronos
Edge of Nowhere
The Climb

Wow.

Holy poo poo, that's amazing. Good guy Insomniac

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 17, 2016

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

MrLonghair posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cw5oguM5LU

This one goes up to 4K so I'm posting it here for you OR/Vive guys to enjoy, it is coming PC VR sometime after all. On my 1080p phone through a plasticy pile of poo poo headset it's an alright though 60fps demonstration of what it was like in PSVR, as good as it gets in a 360 video.

A CyberSled clone would be amazing in VR. Battlezone remake? Close enough.

I still want a Vive Magic Carpet remake. That's the type of game VR is made for.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 17, 2016

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

w00tazn posted:

AirMech Command
Damaged Core
Defense Grid VR
Chronos
Edge of Nowhere
The Climb

Wow.

Lol, the gently caress? I guess everyone must have been super mad?

On the one hand I guess I missed out, on the other hand I already bought all of those except Defense Grid 2

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

Holy poo poo, that's amazing. Good guy Insomniac

The game plays like a mediocre PS2-era game and apart from the VR stuff is presented like one as well. It sucks and they're acknowledging it sucks. I guess it's honest?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

holy poo poo. didn't it just get released?

also I'd take all of those games for 50 bucks, christ

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SwissCM posted:

The game plays like a mediocre PS2-era game and apart from the VR stuff is presented like one as well. It sucks and they're acknowledging it sucks. I guess it's honest?

Yeah I bought it, haven't played it yet, but I was talking more about giving away all those other games to people that bought Feral Rites at full price.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

Yeah I bought it, haven't played it yet, but I was talking more about giving away all those other games to people that bought Feral Rites at full price.

Which is nice, but they can only do that so many times. It's just baffling how the game even got made.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SwissCM posted:

Which is nice, but they can only do that so many times. It's just baffling how the game even got made.

Yeah, I dunno, some people seem to enjoy it. Not every game is gonna be a homerun, especially when you are experimenting with new tech. I wasn't planning on buying it but $10 and their gesture of goodwill to people who previously bought it convinced me that even if it's awful, I'd rather give them money then to some random early access trash.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Different strokes. A warmed over relic from 10 years ago in VR is less interesting to me than something that actually tries to do something new with the medium, early access or not.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SwissCM posted:

Different strokes. A warmed over relic from 10 years ago in VR is less interesting to me than something that actually tries to do something new with the medium, early access or not.

It's just nice of them to offer so much in compensation just because it might not be a great game. If it was a buggy, broken mess sure, but it's not, it is polished, works fine and some people even really like it and it just happens to have gotten a lot of middling reviews. That's what's so amazing to me about this. You are pretty much getting all of Oculus's "AAA" games if you bought one average game.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

They have a lot of money to throw around.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Is Windlands worth a shot at £9.89? Looks kind of fun but I don't know how much there is to it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

El Grillo posted:

Is Windlands worth a shot at £9.89? Looks kind of fun but I don't know how much there is to it.

It's a spiderman game that's getting Touch support, soooo.... hell yes

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme

SwissCM posted:

They have a lot of money to throw around.

I'd consider it karmic compensation for being an early VR adopter, myself.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

w00tazn posted:

AirMech Command
Damaged Core
Defense Grid VR
Chronos
Edge of Nowhere
The Climb

Wow.

Thats pretty amazing. For $79 (AUD) I was going to take a huge pass on it, but now that its 14, I'll definitely pick it up. It doesn't look amazing, but considering how much I loved their last game, I'm willing to take a chance its 14 bucks worth of fun.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
So there's a vive where I work and I finally took the time to try some games other than the one which we were 'involved' with so I tried Raw Data and Tilt Brush and jesus christ is Raw Data just freaking cool. I think I played Killzone 3 with the PS Move controllers back in the day and it felt very unnecessary but in VR the whole thing feels so completely 'right' it immediately makes you feel totally immersed in the shooting, at least until a robot steps too close and phases through your head, but it's still very cool.

A kind of minor detail that brought me much joy was that it is basically the first time I played a shooter with my dominant hand, as a left handed person I've always wondered whether I'm handicapping myself by playing with the mouse in my right hand and after today I think that I totally am, did anyone else have a similar experience?

ljw1004
Jan 18, 2005

rum

emanresu tnuocca posted:

So there's a vive where I work and I finally took the time to try some games other than the one which we were 'involved' with so I tried Raw Data and Tilt Brush and jesus christ is Raw Data just freaking cool. I think I played Killzone 3 with the PS Move controllers back in the day and it felt very unnecessary but in VR the whole thing feels so completely 'right' it immediately makes you feel totally immersed in the shooting, at least until a robot steps too close and phases through your head, but it's still very cool.

A kind of minor detail that brought me much joy was that it is basically the first time I played a shooter with my dominant hand, as a left handed person I've always wondered whether I'm handicapping myself by playing with the mouse in my right hand and after today I think that I totally am, did anyone else have a similar experience?

I'm glad someone else is talking about Raw Data. Oh boy this game is INTENSE!!!

What I learned is that I'm not a cool calm killer. I was terrified when I spun around and saw an android right up close leaning in to kill me. I tried to punch, flailing my fists wildly, ducked, ran. I've played the game for two sessions so far and it left my heart pounding, left me drenched in sweat. I was too scared to go back for more last night -- played some Vivecraft instead. Creepers aren't as terrifying.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Games like Raw Data make me feel like I'm getting to little of a response from VR. I don't ever get a fear reaction, just a "Oh, gotta push button to kill thing" feeling. It's still firmly a game to me, not a heart-pounding sweat inducing nightmare.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That just means you've become a desensitized killing machine, congrats.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

poo poo, i knew i shouldn't have played that gta game, now i'm a mass murdering torturing satanspawn

In all seriousness, it's like that for everything including what'd cause motion sickness usually (Though going into a stall in War Thunder for the first time somehow did trick my brain into thinking I was going to die) and I feel kinda disappointed that I don't get those jumps and shakes that others do.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
http://i.imgur.com/ZAHNYss.gifv

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
You guys with a Rift that have red tint issues should see it fixed over the next few days, if not already

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/42908/red-tint-should-be-gone-within-days

posted:

We are pushing out a fix for red tint, that should resolve the issue for many people. Already a small percentage of people have received the change. Starting tomorrow, about 50% of users will receive the fix and by Wednesday everyone will.

Keep in mind there can still be some display issues that won't be fixed by this software update. So I don't want to over-hype it. But the majority of people with red tinting issues should see an improvement after they receive the fix.

If you were previously given the SPUD tool, you should revert back to normal in order to see the new fix.

Thanks so much for your patience and continued support.

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy
So I am a little late to the party and just tried PSVR at a Best Buy last Friday. Now I have a PS4 on the way, and I need to know if places are still accepting pre-orders for the headset or if that's not really a thing. Please advise because I am jonesing so bad. The particular demo was Eve: Valkyrie which had the added insidious hooks of, "oh hey, I know that ship."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We have a PSVR thread now for anyone who wants to mingle with the console plebs: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790293

US preorders seem to be fully booked but there are some available in other countries if you want to drop a little extra on shipping and a power adapter.

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
I've discovered that I can handle horse riding and minecarts in Minecraft Gear VR, but if I let myself be pushed around by flowing water too much... :barf:

No idea why.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The guy in the pink shirt is swaying anxiously because the girl in the tub is HIS waifu and the other guy better not make any moves.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Jealousy of virtual waifus is serious business.

Waifu jealousy simulator 2017 release date.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Sway back and forth to show displeasure in what your friend is doing. Don't sway too hard.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
remember when you guys all spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on this gimmicky trash?

lol

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

a messed up horse posted:

remember when you guys all spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on this gimmicky trash?

lol

I too spent $10 to semi-publicly shame people because I have a growing list of insecurities and a natural fear of sunlight, popularity, and being able to socialize.

Join us brother.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
As opposed to all those previous non-VR gaming investments that paid off big time?

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

I always make sure my entertainment spending is highly lucrative. What do you think I'm paying for, being entertained?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I make a hundred bucks every time I upgrade my graphics card because I'm real good at flipping stuff.

I made a crazy amount scalping DK2 and CV1 headsets though, eBaying them to rich oil countries.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

a messed up horse posted:

lol

this is a conservative estimate of my gimmicky trash budget

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Onward looks awesome. How does it handle sights and aiming with two hands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi
Chronos is actually a good, full length game, I'm amazed. If you like action rpgs and don't have this yet, get it next time it's on sale.